PA PA - York, Haviland & Loucks Rd, BlkMale 30-50, UP12047, upper dental plate, prev brkn nose, Nov'13

DDP have picked up this case, yay!

FWIW new info on the NamUs page states that "in 2018 we partnered with DNA DOE Project and after several attempts’ DNA was extracted from the teeth that was of enough quantity for entrance into GedMatch and FamilyTree DNA. This result of this latest test has determined that our victim is in fact a black male 75% and 7% Caucasian." There is a lot of updated information that has come from further testing on their NamUs page now, which I will link here to make it easier for folks.

In light of new information I think Charles McAllister (NamUs MP#9569 and his WS thread) is a good match. No specific mention of a dental plate but he is missing his upper teeth. He is 1 inch taller than our doe's estimated range but he is a likeness to the bust. He went missing ~200 miles away but within the time specified (i.e., between 2000 and 2010).

Thoughts welcomed, I am on the fence about getting in touch with anyone about the possible match, especially as DDP are currently investigating the case.

Exclusions

MP14105 Benjamin Brubaker 10/31/2005 Ashland OH
MP13467 Troy Burnett 12/19/2011 Twiggs GA
MP11454 Andrew Chapman 12/08/2006 Franklin OH
MP13672 Frederick Coole 08/10/2011 Wyoming PA
MP4366Gene Lysle 06/14/2004 Columbiana OH
MP8682 Michael McLaughlin 12/01/2009 Bristol VA
MP3837 Luis Montes 08/15/2008 Wake NC
MP2293 JohnMorris 07/30/2007 Montgomery MD
MP12839 David Piacentine 11/08/2010 Cape May NJ
MP10879 John Skirta 11/10/2001 Pinellas FL
-- Lennid Taku -- -- FL
MP7617 Travis Taylor 11/13/2003 Virginia Beach VA
MP758 Anthony Urciuoli 01/24/2001 Dutchess NY

Yes, it is now updated in the DDP and I also think in NamUs. He was of predominantly AA heritage.
Which really makes sense, the clay recon looks actually more AA than Caucasian to me.

BBM
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NamUs #UP12047Male,
Black / African American

Circumstance Notes

The West Manchester Township Police recovered human remains in November of 2013 at the intersection of Loucks Rd and Haviland Rd. Since that time this police department has sought assistance from various agencies and laboratories throughout the United States. In 2016 this department did send the remains to the University of South Florida Forensic Anthropology Laboratory requesting analysis of the bone and teeth for geochemical isotopic analysis to assess whether the decedent’s geographic region of origin is consistent with his region of recovery. The results and full written report have been given to this police department. The West Manchester Township Police is still actively investigating this homicide case and wish to have this information released hoping someone will come forward. It is the desire of the department and investigators to not only find the identity of the deceased but also bring the person or persons responsible for his death to justice.

At the time of the discovery it was determined by the forensic anthropologist that the deceased had been at this location for 3 to 10 years and possibly longer. Based on this information we are searching all missing person reports from 2010 and before. The deceased is a black male between 30-50 years of age. He was 5’3” to 5’10” tall, slender build and muscular. The deceased at one time had a broken nose that had healed over time and did have an upper dental plate replacing several teeth.

The testing done by the University of South Florida under the direction of Dr. Erin Kimmerle Ph.D. has concluded the following information. The deceased had a higher presence of C4 (corn maize) in his childhood diet compared to the typical USA diet. This in combination with the ancestry estimate, points to living in the southeastern United States. Based upon the isotope testing they feel he was from a Hispanic influenced family but was born and resided in the USA. The deceased spent his early childhood in southeastern USA, possibly north Florida, Georgia, southern parts of South Carolina, southern Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. (red zone on the map) Also based upon this testing it has been determined the deceased spent the last decade of his life in or around the state of Pennsylvania. The states highlighted in yellow are the states consistent with the deceased’s isotope makeup. Some of those states are Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, Delaware, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Maine.

Earlier examination of the skeletal remains had this victim as possible Caucasian or Hispanic. DNA testing done in 2013 was able to provide enough for CODIS but further testing could not determine ancestry at that time. In 2018 we partnered with DNA DOE Project and after several attempts’ DNA was extracted from the teeth that was of enough quantity for entrance into GedMatch and FamilyTree DNA. This result of this latest test has determined that our victim is in fact a black male 75% and 7% Caucasian. They are also seeing possible distant relatives in the Florida area with the early results from these websites. If anyone has information on this case, please contact the West Manchester Township Police Department at 717-792-9514 and ask for Officer Lance Krout #4.

The reconstructions. He had sustained a head/facial injury not long before he died, which left him with visible facial asymmetry, The recon on the left shows what he might have looked like before the injury; the one on the right shows the damage to his eye socket and cheekbone.

UP12047 new recon.png UP12047 new recon with facial injury.png

"DNA relationships show distant family in the North Carolina area and surrounding states, but his closest connections are in Washington County, North Carolina (specifically Roper & Plymouth) that are connected to the following surnames: Downing, Bembery, Spruill, Lee, Gaylord, Johnston, and Fields.
Other potential locations and surnames based on most recent common ancestors between his matches include:
25aa.png
North Carolina: Skinner, Gallop, Freeman, Nobles, Dupree, Williams, Monk, Perry, Brown, Martin, White, Overton, and Owens
25aa.png
Virginia: Eppes, Hundley, Spratley, and Waller
25aa.png
Kentucky, North Carolina & New Jersey: Worley, Hamlin, Taylor, Williams, and Mattox
25aa.png
Virginia & North Carolina: Sentell, Buchanan, Stephens, and Sterling
25aa.png
Virginia, North Carolina & Arkansas: Taylor, Holloway, King, and Cheatham"

I wonder if he could be this gentleman. I don't know how to report this as I'm not in the states unfortunately.

Luis Nobles - NAMUS

Original

Missing since October 6 2010 from New Jersey. Luis was blind in his right eye and the surname matches with the North Carolina family. Couldn't find him on Charley so no idea what the circumstances of his disappearance were beyond the NAMUS listing.

I wonder if he could be this gentleman. I don't know how to report this as I'm not in the states unfortunately.

Luis Nobles - NAMUS

Original

Missing since October 6 2010 from New Jersey. Luis was blind in his right eye and the surname matches with the North Carolina family. Couldn't find him on Charley so no idea what the circumstances of his disappearance were beyond the NAMUS listing.

@CarlK90245 Maybe you can bring this very solid lead to attention of DDP please?

Another photo of missing Luis/Louis Nobles

Luis-Noble.png

• Reported missing 10/7/2010
  • Advised his girlfriend that he would be home early for dinner and never arrived
(H/M) 1/17/1962
Case # 1010070543
NIC # M932122748

LUIS NOBLES - Camden County Police Department

It is about 2 hours drive from Camden, NJ to West Manchester Township, PA (the intersection of Loucks Rd and Haviland Rd)

upload_2021-5-1_8-20-48.png

Google Maps

Luis Nobles - NAMUS

Original

This HAS to be a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back