PA PA - York, Haviland & Loucks Rd, BlkMale 30-50, UP12047, upper dental plate, prev brkn nose, Nov'13

I recently contacted Lance Krout, the investigator for this case. Here is his response.

"Yes we are aware and have looked into him in the past . He has family DNA is in Codis and our John Doe’s DNA is in Codis as well and no hits were confirmed with him. Also according to Namus his dental does not appear to match our victim as I believe Nobles does not have dental plate and our victim does. I have reached out to that Dept to confirm everything they have but have not heard back yet.

I hoping to double check the content I have on him with them and then put out on Namus as to a match for positive or not."

I'm from the area. Yesterday I drove down Haviland Rd and thought of this unidentified man. Hoping he soon gets his name back.
I just had a thought, the general area that he was found has a mall, and closer then that is a hotel. It's currently a Wyndham. Not sure if that could be a factor in who this person is.

Last edited:
I'm from the area. Yesterday I drove down Haviland Rd and thought of this unidentified man. Hoping he soon gets his name back.
I just had a thought, the general area that he was found has a mall, and closer then that is a hotel. It's currently a Wyndham. Not sure if that could be a factor in who this person is.
I think he was killed in another county and dumped here, maybe another city, maybe another state even...

I think he was killed in another county and dumped here, maybe another city, maybe another state even...

Possibly. I'm trying to think of what the hotel used to be back in the day, it wasn't always a Wyndham. There used to be a club in it. I believe the name of the club was Mixers. Maybe an out of towner staying at the hotel and something happened to him. The place he was found at is not too far off of an exit of Route 30. York has 2 major roads- Route 30 and I83.

Excellent article about this man including:

Locations, surnames connected to John Doe's DNA​

The DNA research has led to 32 possible last names in five states.

Researchers said John Doe's DNA matches show connections to the North Carolina area and surrounding states, but his closest connections are in Washington County, North Carolina – specifically Roper & Plymouth – that are connected to the following surnames: Downing, Bembery, Spruill, Lee, Gaylord, Johnston and Fields.

Other potential locations and surnames based on the most recent common ancestors between his matches include:

• North Carolina: Skinner, Gallop, Freeman, Nobles, Dupree, Williams, Monk, Perry, Brown, Martin, White, Overton, Owens
  • Virginia: Crump, Childress, Eppes, Hundley, Spratley, Waller
  • Kentucky, North Carolina & New Jersey: Worley, Hamlin, Taylor, Williams, Mattox
  • Virginia & North Carolina: Sentell, Buchanan, Stephens, Sterling
  • Virginia, North Carolina & Arkansas: Taylor, Holloway, King, Cheatham

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

"That's at the point in time that we found out that our victim was probably not a white or a Caucasian, Hispanic male. It was probably going to be a Black male," Krout said.

Genealogists found John Doe was 75% Sub-Saharan-African and predict his grandparent or great-grandparent was white.

Now there are two different renderings. One reflects what John Doe may have looked like after his facial injury.

sketches of John Doe found in York County

WGAL
The most recent sketches of John Doe.

"The skull had some obvious damage to the eye and the nose and the cheekbone, which is wonderful in a weird way because it's unique. People remember unique," forensic artist Jenny Kenyon said.

But if he is still not recognized, Krout said it will most likely be other people's DNA that helps identify John Doe.

"Right around 2019, we were actually able to get enough DNA that we were able to put it into GEDmatch and FamilyTreeDNA," Krout said…

Last edited by a moderator:
Other potential locations and surnames based on the most recent common ancestors between his matches include:
  • North Carolina: Skinner, Gallop, Freeman, Nobles, Dupree, Williams, Monk, Perry, Brown, Martin, White, Overton, Owens

Well, that certainly got my attention. The list seems fairly similar to the original released but I can't see it's been narrowed down anymore.

Would anyone be able to post ruleouts on NAMUS (if there are any)? I'd love to see if Luis Nobles has been officially ruled out. Otherwise - DNA Doe Project working their magic, yet again! I imagine this will be another case where there's no missing persons report on record, as they seem to have quite a few viable leads based on their findings so far.

Bumping. Ten years since this chap was discovered. I hope he gets his name back soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back