Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
cami said:
I wonder how she managed to sleep with all those earrings in her ears!!! I can't even sleep with a pair of studs in.
I can't either Cami. My holes get swollen and hurt when I try to sleep in any kind of earrings

cami said:
I wonder how she managed to sleep with all those earrings in her ears!!! I can't even sleep with a pair of studs in.

Darlie never went to sleep that night...heck, we don't even know if she lay down on the couch before slitting the screen :crazy:

Mary456 said:
Darlie never went to sleep that night...heck, we don't even know if she lay down on the couch before slitting the screen :crazy:
I think cami meant in general. She had so many earrings on, it would take her forever to get them out.
All she had to do was lay on that sofa and bleed some. That takes care of one piece of evidence aginst her right there.

beesy said:
I think cami meant in general. She had so many earrings on, it would take her forever to get them out.
All she had to do was lay on that sofa and bleed some. That takes care of one piece of evidence aginst her right there.

Actually, I meant what Mary posted. She didn't go to bed that night, the earrings tell me that. No way would anyone sleep with that many pairs of earrings on. In my opinion anyway....

How many pairs of earrings did she have on that night? I have my ears double pearced and I sleep in my diamond studs in the 2nd holes and small hoops in the first holes- they are my 'standards' so unless I have an oufit that I have colored earrings for I wear them each day and I sleep in them every night. They don't bother me at all -I don't even notice they are on. I also sleep in my watch and rings as well. Just a thought.

cami said:
Actually, I meant what Mary posted. She didn't go to bed that night, the earrings tell me that. No way would anyone sleep with that many pairs of earrings on. In my opinion anyway....
Oh, is that what you meant? Sorry, Mary:blushing:

Kitty5001 said:
How many pairs of earrings did she have on that night? I have my ears double pearced and I sleep in my diamond studs in the 2nd holes and small hoops in the first holes- they are my 'standards' so unless I have an oufit that I have colored earrings for I wear them each day and I sleep in them every night. They don't bother me at all -I don't even notice they are on. I also sleep in my watch and rings as well. Just a thought.
She had 3 pairs of earrings on. Two sets of studs and a pair of small hoops. I leave my studs in all the time too, unless like you, I am dressed up or whatever. I sleep in all my rings(9). and a bracelet on each arm. Don't most people at least sleep with their wedding rings on?

I have always slept with mine in unless they are with a specific outfit.

michelle said:
I have always slept with mine in unless they are with a specific outfit.
Mary and cami are ancient and you know how old people can be

beesy said:
She had 3 pairs of earrings on. Two sets of studs and a pair of small hoops. I leave my studs in all the time too, unless like you, I am dressed up or whatever. I sleep in all my rings(9). and a bracelet on each arm. Don't most people at least sleep with their wedding rings on?

I sleep with my wedding ring and one other ring and that's it. I can't stand to sleep in anything else. Not only that, but its not good for your jewelery. Besides, I'd just have to take it off in the morning before I shower and change, so why bother?

Jeana (DP) said:
I sleep with my wedding ring and one other ring and that's it. I can't stand to sleep in anything else. Not only that, but its not good for your jewelery. Besides, I'd just have to take it off in the morning before I shower and change, so why bother?
I shower with my jewelry on, swim with it on, well I never take it off. Why is it bad for your jewelry? Gold can't tarnish. And why has this thread turned into a jewelry discussion?

beesy said:
I shower with my jewelry on, swim with it on, well I never take it off. Why is it bad for your jewelry? Gold can't tarnish. And why has this thread turned into a jewelry discussion?
Yeah,what she said!

beesy said:

Stones get loose when you abuse the setting.

beesy said:
Mary and cami are ancient and you know how old people can be

LOL boy she's cruisin' isn't she.

Actually due my sensitivities I find it hard to wear jewellery anyway. I wear two pairs of earrings,a gold cross, a watch and now my mother's diamond ring she left me.

And make up! forget it...blush and lipstick only. How I long to wear mascara aaahahahahahahaha

cami said:
LOL boy she's cruisin' isn't she.

Actually due my sensitivities I find it hard to wear jewellery anyway. I wear two pairs of earrings,a gold cross, a watch and now my mother's diamond ring she left me.

And make up! forget it...blush and lipstick only. How I long to wear mascara aaahahahahahahaha
Well, the jewelry on or off doesn't really prove anything one way or the other because some women sleep with it on and some don't. Without someone to tell us what Darlie's habits were, it becomes almost moot. Jewelry piled up on a counter that a burglar passes at least twice and somehow misses is bit more telling in a supportive evidence way. In short, jewelry taken supports her story and jewelry left behiind supports the state's theory that there was no intruder.

Goody said:
Well, the jewelry on or off doesn't really prove anything one way or the other because some women sleep with it on and some don't. Without someone to tell us what Darlie's habits were, it becomes almost moot. Jewelry piled up on a counter that a burglar passes at least twice and somehow misses is bit more telling in a supportive evidence way. In short, jewelry taken supports her story and jewelry left behiind supports the state's theory that there was no intruder.
The idea of a burglary gone wrong just doesn't fly. It would have to be someone who came to kill specifically. And they would not have fled the house due to the supposed fight Darlie put up. They would have killed her too. And possibly stuck around to kill Darin also.
And if a person comes in the home with intent to kill they bring their own weapon. They don't hope to find one in the house.

Becba said:
The idea of a burglary gone wrong just doesn't fly. It would have to be someone who came to kill specifically. And they would not have fled the house due to the supposed fight Darlie put up. They would have killed her too. And possibly stuck around to kill Darin also.
And if a person comes in the home with intent to kill they bring their own weapon. They don't hope to find one in the house.

Hello Becba. This is my first post here but I have been reading on this forum for a while. Just wanted to kind of introduce myself before posting. I'm interested in many of the forums here and don't know an awful lot about most of them but I'm trying to learn. I make it a habit to read for a good while before posting and I know that there are quite a few that post here a lot and I want to say hello to everyone.
But, to this, I would say that it does appear to me that someone who is a burglar would be entering the house with burglary on his mind and not murder. So if there was a burglury gone wrong and it resulted in these awful murders then I think there is something to the statement that the burglur/murderer (if he existed), would want to run away from the scene quickly. Since it would have gotten out of hand, out of his comfort zone. It's JMO and not a very knowledgeble one at that.

Hi Moire. Nice to meet ya.

The reasons I don't think it was a burglary are, first the burglar might expect everyone to be in bed but he found Darlie and the boys in the living room. So then instead of leaving he would have had to found the knife in the kitchen and stabbed the boys. And why stab the boys first when the adult in the room is the main threat? Why not just leave? Why even stick around to need to stab anyone? He didn't take anything. Wouldn't it be logical for him to have attempted to steal something before deciding to find a knife and kill? And he stabs the children several times before attacking Darlie. That would make a lot of noise and waste time. Darlie says she awoke with him over her attacking her. That is not someone trying to steal. That is someone who wants to harm. I don't think a person that is crazed enough to stab 2 kids and attack a woman is going to be chased off by the woman. She said he dropped the knife when he ran off. He obviously had the upper hand and was armed. But he decides to run away all of a sudden. Not taking anything. Burglary doesn't seem to be a motive to me.

This was no burglary gone wrong. For one thing burglars usually don't pass up a handfull of gold and diamond rings laying on a counter.:doh: Even in a burglary gone bad a burglar doesn't savedgely stab children to death and allow an adult in the room to live...an adult who could identify them. Another point---burglars leave evidence. There was no evidence of an intruder in this case. The murders were comitted by Darlie, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen