Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
philamena said:
This was no burglary gone wrong. For one thing burglars usually don't pass up a handfull of gold and diamond rings laying on a counter.:doh: Even in a burglary gone bad a burglar doesn't savedgely stab children to death and allow an adult in the room to live...an adult who could identify them. Another point---burglars leave evidence. There was no evidence of an intruder in this case. The murders were comitted by Darlie, imo.

Yeah don't burglars usually case the place out first before entering? And don't they usually burgle when they are sure no one is home?

We're forgetting the number one thing here. IF whomever murdered the boys wanted Darlie dead, she'd be DEAD. Its plain as the nose on your face that the killer KNEW where to strike to kill. Darlie was NEVER in any danger - period. She was never a target of anything. Not even robbery.

Jeana (DP) said:
We're forgetting the number one thing here. IF whomever murdered the boys wanted Darlie dead, she'd be DEAD. Its plain as the nose on your face that the killer KNEW where to strike to kill. Darlie was NEVER in any danger - period. She was never a target of anything. Not even robbery.

Aw shucks, does that mean she didn't feel any pressure "down there", either? I'm referring to...you know, RAPE? (heh heh heh).

Spywhere, has anyone ever told you that there are rules here that you must abide by or be kicked out???? THIS will be your only warning.

Jeana (DP) said:
Spywhere, has anyone ever told you that there are rules here that you must abide by or be kicked out???? THIS will be your only warning.

Who is Spywhere, and what have you done with Mary?

I'm innocent, I didn't do it. Please believe me :)

I do not believe there was a break in either.First off I used to take the very good diet pills I would not sleep I'd just lay down and rest my body and eyes for a few hours and then it was time to take the next dose of my diet pills.
I believe with Darlie and Darin have children IMO she would do her house work at night when the kids were in bed that's when I loved doing my house work and laundry. I believe it would of been very hard if someone was staking out their home because with being on diet pills I'm sure Darlie would be up late and many lights would be on in the house and that she had no set pattern. They always say one should never drive the very same route home that one should always change their patterens. I also know first hand how the mind would run with thoughts 100 mph a minute while taking speed. And I believe Darlie might of started thinking that Darin was messing around with her sister or another woman and that she snapped and murdered her precious son's. I hope this post makes sense. lol

I took "Fastin" for a few months after the birth of my second child. Besides being up for feedings every few hours, I found myself scrubbing floors and baesboards on my hands and knees just to have something to do. I think you're exactly right in what you've said Windy.

Jeana (DP) said:
I took "Fastin" for a few months after the birth of my second child....I found myself scrubbing floors and baseboards on my hands and knees just to have something to do. I think you're exactly right in what you've said Windy.
Redux had the same affect on me - I had the cleanest bathroom grout!...but not anymore.

I agree with Windchime, there was no break-in. I watched (again) the Women On Death Row program on the WE channel, it's dated 2006, and there is a segment on Darlie - something I caught this time which I did not during my previous viewing, is when Mrs. Kee states something to the effect that ['we knew they thought Darin had something to do with it because he was kept separate from us...'], she does not elaborate as to whether she has an opinion on Darin's guilt or innocence, and the subject is not addressed again. She basically repeats adamantly that Darlie is innocent. Barbara Davis also explains her opinion change from guilty to innocent. Darlie is not interviewed - it is noted that she now refuses any and all interviews on the advice of her attorney.

Jeana (DP) said:
I took "Fastin" for a few months after the birth of my second child. Besides being up for feedings every few hours, I found myself scrubbing floors and baesboards on my hands and knees just to have something to do. I think you're exactly right in what you've said Windy.

I took them years ago and I completely agree. I was up washing walls, windows and anything else I could find to clean. Plus they made me edgy.

Jeana (DP) said:
You should have switched to Paxil, you wouldn't get one whoo-hoo about your house.

I am new to this forum, having lurked about for weeks reading everything I could get my hands on about this case. At first, like many, I see the surface and cannot believe that a mother could do this to her children. But, sadly, I had to take on the realistic view that parents can, and DO these things to their children. Then I had to take a step out of myself in my "mother" role, and look at this case from the outside in. It was then, that I see the truth. No way did someone come into this home and butcher these poor babies and leave an adult alive to identify and possibly testify against them. No way would a person take such violent measures at 2 sleeping defenseless children and barely touch the parent there. Sure, her injuries LOOK bad..but, wasn't that the whole point?!? Add to that, the physical evidence and it clearly shows who is responsible for this.
I have only recently seen the "silly string" video. I understand that different people react in different ways to tragic situations that come into their lives and affect them very deeply...but, never in my life have I seen something as blantantly ridiculous as that scene. Everyone else there is very obviously uncomfortable and upset, and there she is, chomping away at her gum and laughing as if the boys were still right there with her.
A true psychopath in my opinion. She had already convinced herself, in her mind, that HER version of what happened, truly did occur.
Very disturbing to say the least.

I am a newbie to this forum and have been lurking around for a while too, reading most of the articles and threads. I, for never one minute thought the heinous, despicable Darlie was innocent. I question still if Darin was in on it from the beginning but I'm positive he was aware and covered up the crime with Darlie.

Shades of the McDonald case always go through my mind as well as Diane Downs. An intruder as such would never kill the children first, leave injuries that would not cause an adult to die. Also, an intruder would burglarize the place or at least toss it much better. Too much staging was involved in this crime.

Darlie is exactly where she belongs, in prison and one day after she uses all her appeals and tries her tricks with new evidence, she will be executed.

Thanks for letting me add to your ongoing forum.

Gozgals

dasgal said:
What types of things bother you, Pepper?
has anyone seen the bruises darlee had on her?they interviewed some jurrors after her verdict and there were alot of pictures that were showing her beaten really bad that were not in the trial.the jurrors they interviewed said if they has saw all the pictures of her injuries they would have voted not guility.I believe she is not guility.

Pepper said:
I rememer seeing photos of Darlie's bruises and injuries, which seemed too severe to be self-inflicted. I remember hearing that these photos were not shown to the jury, but I don't know why. I heard one or more jurors saying that if they had seen the photos, they would have voted NG. Then there was also something about a bloody sock being found outside, a ways away from the house.

Also, there is lack of motive. Just like in the Ramsey and Aisenberg cases, I don't see a motive when there is still one or more children of the family uninjured. It's not like in the Susan Smith case where she killed both of her children. In each of these 3 cases there are still children left in the family, that weren't targets of the crime.

Like I said, I haven't followed all the information on this case carefully, but based on what I have seen and heard, I think there is reasonable doubt.
you are correct and I trully hope dalee gets a new day in court as she had nobody there to help her and he worst photos of her beating was kept from jury by the prosecution and thats not right in itself.she loved her children and there was no motive at all.

Jeana (DP) said:
Some of us believe that the bruises were NOT self-inflected. As stated on another thread, the photographs of the bruising WERE introduced during the trial.

As for "motive," can you tell us what would suffice as a motive to you? The state is not required to prove a motive.
not all the photos were seen by the jury.thats a fact.

cami said:
I was on the fence too until I saw that Medical Detectives program and the forensics. That was a real eye opener. Then there's her story, it makes no sense. Her lack of injuries where there should be injuries had she fought with someone.
have you seen the pictures of darlee????she had very bad injuries and bruises not to mention a slashed throat?i would hardly call that no injuries.

aijones said:
have you seen the pictures of darlee????she had very bad injuries and bruises not to mention a slashed throat?i would hardly call that no injuries.
I know how you feel...when I first started studying this case, I saw the photos and thought.."There is NO way this woman did this to herself!" But, as I continued to study the case, the evidence, specially the blood evidence, it all began to paint a picture...and not a very pretty one.
It's hard to have an open mind to the possibility that Darlie did this to her own boys, but, again, the evidence speaks volumes.

As for the bruises, I don't think she did that to herself. I feel Darin has a huge part in all this that is hidden. Just my opinion.

aijones said:
not all the photos were seen by the jury.thats a fact.
Could you back that up with some proof.

They are all numbered and discussed in the trial testimony.

aijones said:
has anyone seen the bruises darlee had on her?they interviewed some jurrors after her verdict and there were alot of pictures that were showing her beaten really bad that were not in the trial.the jurrors they interviewed said if they has saw all the pictures of her injuries they would have voted not guility.I believe she is not guility.

Her own attorney said that the jury did indeed see the photographs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77