Prosecution of Casey Anthony movie discussion thread

Yes, The Associated Press bought the rights to Baez' book sometime in May 2012.
Baez approached another media source and wanted $ 10,000 for the rights but was refused.
That is why the AP was the first to publish quotes from the book.

Presumed Guilty was featured in the Associated Press on May 8, 2012.
June 25, 2012: Feature in Associated Press: Worldwide distribution
July 5, 2012: Author interview and feature in Associated Press: Internationally distributed

http://www.ibtimes.com/casey-anthon...lient-has-serious-mental-health-issues-704612

BY IBTimes Staff Reporter | June 27 2012 3:55 PM
excerpt:
Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story, is scheduled for release on July 3. The book, published by BenBella, recounts Baez's defense of the Florida woman as she was tried for murder.

The Associated Press purchased a copy of Presumed Guilty and released some details about the content.

[NOTE: AP bought the "rights", not just a "copy" of the book]

Hmmmm How to make the AP life hell! I already do not buy newspapers :waitasec:!0k and he could not get it:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I bet he only got enough to cover his food bills!:furious::furious:
No where the amount Ashton has made:floorlaugh:
How that feel Baez was it worth being next in line on the hated round the world scale:great: Some people will never be able to see or hear his voice without associating him with the Anthony family ever!

My Thanks to Everyone for the excellent updates...

I did not record the show and am not sure I want to give up 3 hours of "my real life" to even watch it!

Has anyone posted a url of the Life Time show and the aftershow?....After reading here, I think I only want to watch the aftershow. That way I only give up one hour of "My Real Life"...LOL

I found the url: (haven't tried to open it yet, so I am not sure if the aftershow is included???)

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/prosecuting-casey-anthony

Beyond the Casey Anthony Story...it is only 42 minutes:

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pr...defense-finds-a-hole-in-the-prosecutions-case

It may be too late...but I thought I would repost the Photo Bucket url of the pictures that I took back in October 2012, of Precious Caylee's Final resting place on Surburban Drive:

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/MustangSally9696/library/

If you are interested in the narrative of the details of my visit here is the post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8480048#post8480048"]Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Dear God...Please Bless the Soul of Sweet Angel Caylee

My Thanks to Everyone for the excellent updates...

I did not record the show and am not sure I want to give up 3 hours of "my real life" to even watch it!

Has anyone posted a url of the Life Time show and the aftershow?....After reading here, I think I only want to watch the aftershow. That way I only give up one hour of "My Real Life"...LOL

I found the url: (haven't tried to open it yet, so I am not sure if the aftershow is included???)

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/prosecuting-casey-anthony

Beyond the Casey Anthony Story...it is only 42 minutes:

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pr...defense-finds-a-hole-in-the-prosecutions-case

It may be too late...but I thought I would repost the Photo Bucket url of the pictures that I took back in October 2012, of Precious Caylee's Final resting place on Surburban Drive:

http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/MustangSally9696/library/

If you are interested in the narrative of the details of my visit here is the post:

Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #13 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Dear God...Please Bless the Soul of Sweet Angel Caylee

The aftershow was very pro-defense. Alot of baez and mason disputing the evidence as though everything they say is a fact. I had to turn it off because they make my skin crawl.

Baez approached another media source and wanted $ 10,000 for the rights but was refused.

July 5, 2012: Author interview and feature in Associated Press: Internationally distributed

http://www.ibtimes.com/casey-anthon...lient-has-serious-mental-health-issues-704612

excerpt:
Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story, is scheduled for release on July 3. The book, published by BenBella, recounts Baez's defense of the Florida woman as she was tried for murder.

The Associated Press purchased a copy of Presumed Guilty and released some details about the content.

So what does this mean exactly? The AP paid him for the rights to his book so they could do what? I need to know who to add to my boycott list!

excerpt:

I wonder how much money was paid for the rights and if the money was reported to the IRS as income to JB? Wouldn't it be karma if he gets a lien for not reporting it?

excerpt:

Whatever they paid was a "WASTE _ HUGE WASTE" as even these token promotion's did nothing for the sales of the glorified toilet paper called a book.
JMHO, etc ......

PS - I thought the movie sucked. To me the best part about it was the unflattering casting.
To me the screenwriter took their liberty too far and portrayed the state as being insecure in their case (to try to show why the jury voted as they did) but I don't think that was the reality and certainly not what I saw from the state prior, during or after trial (and not what I saw in Jeff's book.)

The one point I think the movie did make, and I hate to say it - but I think JA was played by GA from day one and all the calls for grace for him over the years were those people being played too. I will always feel every member of the family had their roles and sacrifices to give for the felon; yet not one could sacrifice for Caylee.

:banghead: Walk away from the keyboard Junkie before you get a va-cay! :seeya:

So what does this mean exactly? The AP paid him for the rights to his book so they could do what? I need to know who to add to my boycott list!

I would imagine the AP bought the rights because they wanted to be the first media to have it and they probably anticipated making a lot of money off other media sources who might want to make a movie based off the book, and the AP wants to get money every time anybody publishes quotes or portions of the book. Any time the book is used in any way in media, the AP would have to give permission, and get money for the use of their "property".

MSNBC made a full length documentary off the book.
PEOPLE magazine has done articles on the book.
LIFETIME used portions of the book
CBS EYE PRODUCTIONS used the book in the aftershow

Some random thoughts:

While I haven't watched the entire movie - Prosecuting Casey Anthony - I wasn't impressed with what I've seen. Having seen many made-for-TV versions of real crime stories, I find that the more that I know about a particular case, the less likely I am to appreciate the film version.
Like many others here, I followed the Casey Anthony case closely until the trial concluded. Almost-daily "contact" with the primary characters via programs like JVM, NG, In Session, as well as coverage on the major networks, and, of course, continuous commentary here at Websleuths, I know too many details about the case to watch the movie objectively. I've found this to be true with other high-profile cases that I followed intensely, i.e. Natalee Holloway, Laci Peterson, Elizabeth Smart.

That said, the made-for-TV versions of high-profile criminal cases that I haven't followed closely are easier to watch because I didn't have a serious investment in the cases and usually haven't known much about them. The real-life crime stories of the Menendez brothers, Drew Peterson, Michael Skakel (Martha Moxley), and Mary Winkler, for example, provided me with information about these crimes that I hadn't followed closely and had no preconceived expectations of how the case would be presented on screen.

I've enjoyed the commentary here at Websleuths and appreciate your candid remarks about Prosecuting Casey Anthony.

Whatever they paid was a "WASTE _ HUGE WASTE" as even these token promotion's did nothing for the sales of the glorified toilet paper called a book.
JMHO, etc ......

PS - I thought the movie sucked. To me the best part about it was the unflattering casting.
To me the screenwriter took their liberty too far and portrayed the state as being insecure in their case (to try to show why the jury voted as they did) but I don't think that was the reality and certainly not what I saw from the state prior, during or after trial (and not what I saw in Jeff's book.)

The one point I think the movie did make, and I hate to say it - but I think JA was played by GA from day one and all the calls for grace for him over the years were those people being played too. I will always feel every member of the family had their roles and sacrifices to give for the felon; yet not one could sacrifice for Caylee.

BBM above. I have always thought they ALL played a part in the defense farce. We are now supposed to believe that what, the day or two before trial began the State found out the "new" lie of FCA, and then gathered GA and CA in a room to tell them about it???? WHAT ABOUT THOSE JAILHOUSE LETTERS - the infamous George "Why oh why?" letter to his daughter in jail, when she was purportedly telling everybody and anybody (ESPECIALLY "COOKIE") about the "molestation".......

None of them can keep their lies straight

Well, when I read this my first thought was, maybe now all the lies will be exposed to the public ??? Does what I'm thinking make sense? Is it possible the AP will tear his book apart, lie by lie????

BBM above. I have always thought they ALL played a part in the defense farce. We are now supposed to believe that what, the day or two before trial began the State found out the "new" lie of FCA, and then gathered GA and CA in a room to tell them about it???? WHAT ABOUT THOSE JAILHOUSE LETTERS - the infamous George "Why oh why?" letter to his daughter in jail, when she was purportedly telling everybody and anybody (ESPECIALLY "COOKIE") about the "molestation".......

None of them can keep their lies straight

Over the years I have had many eggs tossed at my posts for not giving grace to GA, LA and CA but I just wiped off the mess and stayed with my opinion, because I see it like you stated it here. They all had their part to play and fooled some, but IMHO fooled few.

AGAIN, JMHO and I still :furious: them all!

The show that came on after the LIFETIME show, based on Ashton's book, was very much pro-defense. The last two minutes of this show, on video online now, shows Cindy and George on the beach. Wonder if the grandparents were paid, recently, for this video of them, or if it was part of what they were already paid by ABC previously?

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pr.../beyond-the-headlines-the-casey-anthony-story

Jan 19, 2013
Beyond the Headlines: The Casey Anthony Story

includes interviews with Baez, Mason, Lawrence Kobilinsky, Ashton, Cindy, George, Bill Sheaffer, Louis B. Schlesinger, Forensic Psychologist

Produced by CBS Eye Productions for Lifetime
2012 A & E TELEVISION NETWORKS, LLC

Narrator - Sheila Head [narrator for "Secret Lives of Women" on CBS]

Special Thanks to Peter Golenbock [ghostwriter for Baez' book]

Additional Materials Provided by -
ABC
Associated Press [bought rights to Baez' book]
CNN
Corbis Images [ SPLASH ]

Eduardo Hapke/Hispanic Target Magazine
Getty Images
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/user/cayleecross/media/1ExecutiveProducerBrettAlexander.jpg.html

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/us...EditorsKendrickSimmonsandJamesTaylor.jpg.html

http://s439.beta.photobucket.com/user/cayleecross/media/3NarratorSheilaHead.jpg.html

previous CBS involvement with MONEY to Cindy and Casey

CBS did the 48 Hour Mystery story "The Untold Story of Caylee Anthony". Oct 17, 2009, with Cindy and George and was VERY sympathetic to them

CBS (48 Hours) owns Simon & Schuster book publishing co - which Cindy, George, Conway, Dominic Casey met with for a potential group BOOK DEAL in August 2009

CBS aired the first Cindy George interview after the memorial

CBS had Cindy George on the "Morning Show" in 2009

CBS published a ton of photos favorable to Casey in May 2010

CBS gave Cindy money for "licensing photos and footage"
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html
starting on p. 480. She is asked "did you get money for selling any pictures of Caylee?" Cindy says $10,000 from CBS 48 Hours.

Here's her quote: "I'm not getting that much. 3,000 goes to Brad and then I have to pay taxes on it. So roughly $5,000 for some pictures and videos."

It's not until a little later when she is asked if there is any other money from the media or any other contracts for future money that she replies: "Yeah. I believe there is another $10,000 at some point to come. I believe that contract is also through CBS. And it's just the second portion of the $20,000 that was negotiated, that Brad negotiated with them."

JMHO, etc ......

BBM: Sad, but true.

Did no one in that family ever really love Caylee? They claim they did love her, and people assume they must have loved her, mostly due to how many photos there were of the child.

But real love--true love--never ends. Real love is not extinguished when the person dies.

Over the years I have had many eggs tossed at my posts for not giving grace to GA, LA and CA but I just wiped off the mess and stayed with my opinion, because I see it like you stated it here. They all had their part to play and fooled some, but IMHO fooled few.

AGAIN, JMHO and I still :furious: them all!

Me three! I don't see any redeeming quality in any of them. And to hear that GA is "reconciling" and "learning to forgive" his daughter!? I call B.S. That is just another ploy to make her "likable" enough to make money for the family. GA had NO PROBLEM with what she said about him. All for the greater good of getting her off and making some money. :maddening:

CBS did the 48 Hour Mystery story "The Untold Story of Caylee Anthony". Oct 17, 2009, with Cindy and George and was VERY sympathetic to them

CBS (48 Hours) owns Simon & Schuster book publishing co - which Cindy, George, Conway, Dominic Casey met with for a potential group BOOK DEAL in August 2009

starting on p. 480. She is asked "did you get money for selling any pictures of Caylee?" Cindy says $10,000 from CBS 48 Hours.

Here's her quote: "I'm not getting that much. 3,000 goes to Brad and then I have to pay taxes on it. So roughly $5,000 for some pictures and videos."

It's not until a little later when she is asked if there is any other money from the media or any other contracts for future money that she replies: "Yeah. I believe there is another $10,000 at some point to come. I believe that contract is also through CBS. And it's just the second portion of the $20,000 that was negotiated, that Brad negotiated with them."

They also got $600K from Dr Phil for their interview. Cindy and George are the President and CFO of the Caylee Industry. They won't ever have to work again...

Wow...it just astounds and sickens me how that family benefited from the death of their own grandchild. Sick, sick, sick! Oh, it wasn't much, Cindy? Wish it had been more, do you? How dare you!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, TT.

Why was the video of ca in the parking lot of the motel trying to call and speaking to Tony the night she took of with Caylee and Caylee could not be seen in the car round 3/4 o'clock in the morning not used?
IMO this would have helped with the pings etc. Is it because they thought it went to the fight with the mother? Again in MO it really showed ca state of mind as to leaving the house cindy who lied about their shared moment of family video and off to bed with loving thoughts (puke) is this where they didn"t want to perjur cindy showing her out at 3 a.m. and not in bed with sugar plums dancing in her head?

BBM: Sad, but true.

Did no one in that family ever really love Caylee? They claim they did love her, and people assume they must have loved her, mostly due to how many photos there were of the child.

But real love--true love--never ends. Real love is not extinguished when the person dies.

Honestly, I think they all saw Caylee as more of a possession than a person. A possession is something that works for you (status, compliments, excuses, etc....) a person is someone you love no matter how much you have to work for them!

So, IMHO - no, they didn't love her. They loved what she could do for them (especially CA and KC) and after she was gone - they loved what she could do for them even more than ever (sell the pics and movies, get rich on the story, make phoney foundations and buy a boat or whatever brought profit or attention). I am sure at one time, they envisioned renaming Hopesprings Drive ---> Easy Street......ah, but alas the rage of the public has snuffed that dream out like a felon did to baby Caylee.

JMHO, etc!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back