Prosecution of Casey Anthony movie discussion thread

I'm pretty sure that every media outlet that used a picture or video of Caylee paid the Anthonys for it.

Well.....I'm a little bit impressed. Rob Lowe did a really good job, and didn't he get the voice right.

It shows what a complete travesty of justice the whole thing was. One thing I am satisfied of with this outcome is NOBODY is saying that she is innocent (except Cindy ... well ... ) from the second the verdict came down the entire world were saying 'Travesty' very dissimilar to the OJ verdict where many thought for years he was actually innocent and have come to a slower understanding of his guilt.

No the whole world knows she's guilty. Verdict non-withstanding. Have fun living in that reality Casey ... the world is not as gullible as Mom, nor are they as forgiving.

I wonder if Casey Anthony thought of playing herself in the movie. :what: :floorlaugh: :crazy:

Well.....I'm a little bit impressed. Rob Lowe did a really good job, and didn't he get the voice right.

It shows what a complete travesty of justice the whole thing was. One thing I am satisfied of with this outcome is NOBODY is saying that she is innocent (except Cindy ... well ... ) from the second the verdict came down the entire world were saying 'Travesty' very dissimilar to the OJ verdict where many thought for years he was actually innocent and have come to a slower understanding of his guilt.

No the whole world knows she's guilty. Verdict non-withstanding. Have fun living in that reality Casey ... the world is not as gullible as Mom, nor are they as forgiving.

I am not convinced that even Cindy does not know Casey murdered Caylee. Regardless of her words and actions, she has to know.

Casey Anthony is not the first person to get away with murder and she won't be the last. Granted, in most cases the victim's family will not root for the killer as in this case. That in and of itself is a travesty.

Casey has to live in her own skin. Not much of a victory, IMO.

I still have not watched this movie and probably never will, but I think Rob Lowe is pretty good with voices/dialect. I thought he did an acceptable job with the midwestern accent in his Drew Peterson portrayal.

Have you guys all seen Part 3 of the Dr Phil interview .. I had searched for it last year, and came across it today on youtube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x94fAP-6hg"]Dr Phil the Anthony Interview Pt. 3 - YouTube[/ame] from this I agree that Cindy knows the truth, she stands by George so completely, and I also think what she says in public and what she says between herself and George are naturally two very different things. Little statement analysis, but she does say things like 'what Casey did...' etc - it's interesting, it's almost as if until she sees concrete evidence before her she will not publicly judge Casey. I still believe Cindy has major issues with boundaries, as if she sees Casey as an extension of herself. I hope Cindy knows that she also needs help when she says she hopes Casey gets the help she needs for her mental issues .. in this case projection of herself onto Casey would be beneficial to herself.

The film was based on Jeff Ashton's point of view. Someone could write a film based on their point of view of this case based on public documents and the media and go into much further detail. There is a thing called public domain. However, this film was based on Jeff Ashton's experience with this case.

Websleuths should produce our own movie! We should have some great screen writers here!! :great:

Well, when I read this my first thought was, maybe now all the lies will be exposed to the public ??? Does what I'm thinking make sense? Is it possible the AP will tear his book apart, lie by lie????

Maybe someone should send them this link?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179945"]Fact-Checking "Presumed Guilty" by Jose Baez ***LIST ONLY, NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:seeya: Hi Jose...

I am not convinced that even Cindy does not know Casey murdered Caylee. Regardless of her words and actions, she has to know.

Casey Anthony is not the first person to get away with murder and she won't be the last. Granted, in most cases the victim's family will not root for the killer as in this case. That in and of itself is a travesty.

Casey has to live in her own skin. Not much of a victory, IMO.

I still have not watched this movie and probably never will, but I think Rob Lowe is pretty good with voices/dialect. I thought he did an acceptable job with the midwestern accent in his Drew Peterson portrayal.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19210697/911-call-reveals-mothers-reaction-after-childrens-death

I am always amazed at how deluded some families!Calling a family member a great mom when their neglect makes them anything but!In the link above this woman and their dad kept her kids in a pig pen it was so bad they condemned it!and 2 kids died because of their great mom.Not sure which article it is but family members at a memorial for the 2 dead children are sticking by her!Me I love my son with all my heart,his son is 7 God forbid neglect or worse and I would do all I could to see him sit in jail where he would be safe from me!Grandchildren are innocent and no way no how I would EVER stand behind any families member esp.when it is clear cut that like in FCA and cases like this.I would be the prosecutors worse nightmare till they were arrested!

Ah yes, I just rewatched and saw the part where Cindy says she hopes Casey has a family again .. something about her enjoying being a mom or something .. yeah, anyway, I really have to give up on trying to get around Cindy being normal .. she's just living in her own reality and that's ok ... time to have a Bex and a little lie down, as we say in Australia.

Websleuths should produce our own movie! We should have some great screen writers here!! :great:

Maybe someone should send them this link?

Fact-Checking "Presumed Guilty" by Jose Baez ***LIST ONLY, NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:seeya: Hi Jose...

The thought of someone writing a book (from the perspective of people like us who lived and breathed it) has definately crossed my mind. In my dreams, the proceeds could be used to fund a federal prosecution. That would be justice for Caylee!

Population of Florida 19+ millions.
Number of central Floridians who watched this movie - 129,500 according to Hal Boedeker, the Orlando Sentinel TV guru.
:rolleyes:

Population of Florida 19+ millions.
Number of central Floridians who watched this movie - 129,500 according to Hal Boedeker, the Orlando Sentinel TV guru.
:rolleyes:

I think you would look at the total population in the Orlando area (not the entire state)....There are 1,466,420 TV Homes in Orlando, so it looks like 8% of the area was watching. That percentage doesn't seem so high, but it was the #1 show on Saturday, out of everything on TV...with 2x the viewers that the 48 Hours on CBS on Jodi Arias received.

3.3 million total viewers for the movie.

Considering that the Drew Peterson movie got 5.8 million, I would say that, to Lifetime's expectations, this was a disappointment. Weren't they advertising it when people went to the movie theater? I think the difference between ratings is due to: 1. People thought that Casey was making $$ from it. 2. The Peterson trailer had gems like "I'm untouchable, *****!" so I think lots of people tuned it for the laughs (not that it's not about a serious subject). With the Anthony movie...I never heard anyone talk about how ~hilarious it looks before it aired; so I think many just didn't want to re-live it.

In comparison, the movie Liz & Dick, with Lindsay Lohan, got 3.5 million viewers.

I think Lifetime executives are asking themselves; What went wrong?

Considering that the Drew Peterson movie got 5.8 million, I would say that, to Lifetime's expectations, this was a disappointment. Weren't they advertising it when people went to the movie theater? I think the difference between ratings is due to: 1. People thought that Casey was making $$ from it. 2. The Peterson trailer had gems like "I'm untouchable, *****!" so I think lots of people tuned it for the laughs (not that it's not about a serious subject). With the Anthony movie...I never heard anyone talk about how ~hilarious it looks before it aired; so I think many just didn't want to re-live it.

In comparison, the movie Liz & Dick, with Lindsay Lohan, got 3.5 million viewers.

Did anything go wrong? Maybe it was just too soon or maybe it was the subject matter itself. Most people are really disgusted and turned off by anything about FCA. They know she killed Caylee and blamed her own father with some of her lies. She is a nobody and will always be.

I probably will only remember Rob Lowe in this movie. None of the other actors stood out to me. Same thing with the Drew Peterson movie. Rob Lowe stood out but not really anyone else except maybe the neighbor.

As a side note, they were posting a picture of Diane Downs in the side bar. I wouldn't have recognized her. It has been a long time but I always picture her looking like Farrah Fawcett and probably always will after seeing the movie Small Sacrifices.

Did anything go wrong? Maybe it was just too soon or maybe it was the subject matter itself. Most people are really disgusted and turned off by anything about FCA. They know she killed Caylee and blamed her own father with some of her lies. She is a nobody and will always be.

I probably will only remember Rob Lowe in this movie. None of the other actors stood out to me. Same thing with the Drew Peterson movie. Rob Lowe stood out but not really anyone else except maybe the neighbor.

As a side note, they were posting a picture of Diane Downs in the side bar. I wouldn't have recognized her. It has been a long time but I always picture her looking like Farrah Fawcett and probably always will after seeing the movie Small Sacrifices.

Well I don't know how the answer to that question is anything but: YES, when it comes to the ratings. There is no way Lifetime wasn't expecting more than 3.3 million viewers. I bet they thought it would beat the Peterson movie. I agree that many people are turned off by Casey, but the movie was about the prosecution, not the life story of Casey. Maybe Lifetime should have done a better job, with telling the public that. Many people online seemed to think Casey was being paid, so that wasn't clear. The ratings aren't a flop, but they are a disappointment (in the eyes of Lifetime).

I didn't like Rob Lowe in the Drew Peterson movie. He was not the right one for that part, IMO. He was OK in the Prosecution of Casey. His acting skills were much better than the other actors in the movie. lol, that is not saying much, IMO.

everyone knew the ending

Oh Casey must be so angry...not only was her role small, but Lindsay Lohan's terrible movie made more money than the movie about Caylee's case. Wow. I am cracking up that Lindsay Lohan's movie did better.

I didn't watch it, I just can't. I couldn't even bring myself to read Ashton's book even though I have it. Good. I'm glad this move tanked for Lifetime even though it was the top show of Saturday night. Don't be fooled by that. Saturday night is when a lot of reruns of shows and movies are played. There's not much competition there for anyone. Lifetime winning that night is just not a big deal at all. It's laughable, really.

And I can't talk to my family or my husband and our friends about this case. It's weird because none of them like Casey at all, but will argue with me about how the case was handled in court and agree with the jurors. It drives me crazy and I don't ever talk to any of them about it anymore. In fact, I've moved on a lot from it. I don't even think about her unless some news comes up about her. I'll never forget Caylee, though. I just wish Karma was a lot faster!

Oh Casey must be so angry...not only was her role small, but Lindsay Lohan's terrible movie made more money than the movie about Caylee's case. Wow. I am cracking up that Lindsay Lohan's movie did better.

I didn't watch it, I just can't. I couldn't even bring myself to read Ashton's book even though I have it. Good. I'm glad this move tanked for Lifetime even though it was the top show of Saturday night. Don't be fooled by that. Saturday night is when a lot of reruns of shows and movies are played. There's not much competition there for anyone. Lifetime winning that night is just not a big deal at all. It's laughable, really.

And I can't talk to my family or my husband and our friends about this case. It's weird because none of them like Casey at all, but will argue with me about how the case was handled in court and agree with the jurors. It drives me crazy and I don't ever talk to any of them about it anymore. In fact, I've moved on a lot from it. I don't even think about her unless some news comes up about her. I'll never forget Caylee, though. I just wish Karma was a lot faster!

Yeah, it's probably a good thing that it didn't do good in the ratings. If it had gotten more viewers than the Drew Peterson movie, other networks might decide to make enough 48 Hours, 20/20, whatever about the case, giving more attention to the Anthonys.

For the entire week, the movie ranked #23 out of all cable programs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back