PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

Again, please provide me a link that says they are no longer searching for Heather.

Thanks.

They have not had a search for Heather in months. I have a lack of articles talking about any search for Heather. Are you claiming there have been completely confidential searches, not reported in the media? I have no idea what you are looking for from me. I never said they are never going to search for Heather again, just that there hasn't been any searches in a while. I am absolutely puzzled here. I need an article that explicitly states there are no searches for Heather going on? I would think the fact that there has been no mention in the media about any searches would be enough.

:loveyou:

Thank you! ITO They also said the garden was in remembrance of all the people who have been killed at the landing. I wish they would put up some speed bumps and more signs to keep people from driving into the river there.
They did put up some parking blocks at the end. That should help keep people from driving into the river. You can see them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66zWU8LU6Y

There have been no searches for Heather in months. Why is that?

I have also seen no mention on the main FB page or in the media thanking all these companies who supposedly donated their services for free.
There have been no articles about searches for Heather. It is a conclusion on your part, not a fact, that there have been no searches. In past cases, people searched without bringing in the media every time they did so. It's like saying that since LE hasn't given media what all of their evidence is, there isn't any more than has been already released. That would be a faulty conclusion.

It is also a conclusion that there were companies to be thanked. The articles about the garden at Peach Tree Landing state only that volunteers worked to make the garden. "Around 70 volunteers have worked since last Saturday to create give Peachtree Boat Landing a new look."
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1033362#.U1hU91cxCXk

There was a search less than four weeks ago near Highway 544 and Mill Pond Road.

Again, please provide me a link that says they are no longer searching for Heather.

Thanks.

The police said this in late February:

"No future searches are being planned at this time, but tips from the public are what investigators need to pinpoint their next location.

"Once we get information on credible information on a possible location we will go to that area whether we've been there before or whether it's a brand new area."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24820370/horry-county-police-still-need-tips-to-find-heather-elvis

The police said this in late February:

"No future searches are being planned at this time, but tips from the public are what investigators need to pinpoint their next location.

"Once we get information on credible information on a possible location we will go to that area whether we've been there before or whether it's a brand new area."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24820370/horry-county-police-still-need-tips-to-find-heather-elvis

And as you have done, Thank you!:seeya: ALL statements should be supported with links. :)

There have been no articles about searches for Heather. It is a conclusion on your part, not a fact, that there have been no searches. In past cases, people searched without bringing in the media every time they did so. It's like saying that since LE hasn't given media what all of their evidence is, there isn't any more than has been already released. That would be a faulty conclusion.

It is also a conclusion that there were companies to be thanked. The articles about the garden at Peach Tree Landing state only that volunteers worked to make the garden. "Around 70 volunteers have worked since last Saturday to create give Peachtree Boat Landing a new look."
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1033362#.U1hU91cxCXk

My post asking why the companies haven't been thanked was in reply to this post:

If you poke around various pages on Facebook, you'll find that the manpower and materials for the makeover of Peachtree Landing were donated. One company donated timbers, the paving company donated its services, a landscape company donated mulch, private individuals donated plants, birdhouses, and elbow grease. I have seen no indication that any of it was paid for out of funds donated to search for Heather.

I'm assuming that any necessary permissions were sought and granted. The landing wasn't repaved, BTW. Just sprayed with a sealant.

70 Volunteers could still include people from different companies.

:banghead:
My post asking why the companies haven't been thanked was in reply to this post:

70 Volunteers could still include people from different companies.

I have not seen companies mentioned. They solicited flower pots, seedlings and bird houses from the public.

:banghead:

I have not seen companies mentioned. They solicited flower pots, seedlings and bird houses from the public.

??? All I'm saying is that my previous post asking why the companies haven't been recognized was in reply to a post saying that various companies have donated services.

If we are taking the Carolina Live as completely factual, does that mean the landing was repaved? I thought you needed special equipment/skills to do that?

??? All I'm saying is that my previous post asking why the companies haven't been recognized was in reply to a post saying that various companies have donated services.

If we are taking the Carolina Live as completely factual, does that mean the landing was repaved? I thought you needed special equipment/skills to do that?

IDK why the headbanging smiley is there. I think it was with the quote.

I only saw the posts on FB. They were asking people for donations.

It says the boat landing was repaved, but it does not say by whom. It could have been repaved by volunteers, or it is possible the city did it, and the volunteers added the garden afterwards. It doesn't really say who did the repaving, but the video shows that it was definitely repaved.

As to the special equipment, you can rent paving equipment and skills are a relative thing (For example, I don't do concrete for a living, but I am perfectly capable of paving my own driveway with concrete; I'm not a professional roofer, but I have re-roofed my house.) IMO, it could have easily been done by volunteers who have the talent for working with a paving machine. It would be interesting to know.

It must be part of the healing process to create a park or garden in remembrance where someone was kidnapped. I have seen it in other cases such as Jessica Ridgeway and Elizabeth & Lyric. In Heather's case, the family doesn't even have a grave. IMO coming together and working on the landing would be like a celebratory memorial service. ME definitely seems to be comforted by the garden and that it what really matters.

They have not had a search for Heather in months. I have a lack of articles talking about any search for Heather. Are you claiming there have been completely confidential searches, not reported in the media? I have no idea what you are looking for from me. I never said they are never going to search for Heather again, just that there hasn't been any searches in a while. I am absolutely puzzled here. I need an article that explicitly states there are no searches for Heather going on? I would think the fact that there has been no mention in the media about any searches would be enough.

The point is that you are insistent there have been no searches for Heather in months and you have nothing to back that up. And yes, of course there could be confidential searches by LE. There could also be searches by those who are not LE that you could find out about if you do some reading on FB.

It must be part of the healing process to create a park or garden in remembrance where someone was kidnapped. I have seen it in other cases such as Jessica Ridgeway and Elizabeth & Lyric. In Heather's case, the family doesn't even have a grave. IMO coming together and working on the landing would be like a celebratory memorial service. ME definitely seems to be comforted by the garden and that it what really matters.

Well said!!! If I was going to do something good to help someone else in any way possible, it would not be to get my name in the paper for all to see. That's not what's important here.

I would, however, give a special thanks to all those volunteers and companies that created what they did. I think it was a beautiful thing to do.

Well said!!! If I was going to do something good to help someone else in any way possible, it would not be to get my name in the paper for all to see. That's not what's important here.

Agree. I have donated company funds many times without recognition.

The point is that you are insistent there have been no searches for Heather in months and you have nothing to back that up. And yes, of course there could be confidential searches by LE. There could also be searches by those who are not LE that you could find out about if you do some reading on FB.

Kristie Cornwells brother kept seaching for her, and he finally found her.

And in those cases, the case had gone to trial (Jessica) or the victims had been found (Elizabeth and Lyric). Why in such a rush to pave over the crime scene?

So the only searches have been completely confidential (except someone would spot LE vehicles, tip off the media and then we would hear about it just like we heard about them being at PTL) or with only a handful of people? That doesn't make me feel very confident. Why haven't there been any searches with professional teams? Or has there been, yet they don't ask for volunteers, don't report in the media, etc? Maybe I should say there hasn't been any organized searches in a long time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back