Question and Answer thread

Thank you Geevee. You resolved some questions I had. $ from Paul Stern makes sense for now. Also for now I think Jody and Gus met up in Pasadena.

I watched the trial live from March 2013 to end, then I rewatched all on youtube recently. I almost got PTSD from the defense presentation but I got through it. I may have to watch some again since I fast forwarded some of Jodi's conversation with Nurmi, to keep me from going insane.

LOL I had to keep the volume very low when N/W were examining, esp. when LaV was on the stand, I thought I was going to lose my mind, it hurts just to remember it. :scared:

You could be right about Gus, he really didn't do her any favors when he was on the stand nor his interviews saying she called him the night of the murder saying Travis was dead. She probably did call him, but not until the night T was found.

I think Matt didn't testify at trial because JM threatened him at a pretrial hearing with perjury 'as soon as your feet hit the floor' from what was reported.

I thought the two cleansers and sunscreens were a special price 'buy two, get each for whatever', someone here came up with that and it made more sense to me than her getting them for Cancun, which she knew wasn't going to happen, those tickets couldn't have been changed.

But sunscreen to keep from getting burned/overly tanned in the desert, and cleanser to clean away whatever mess you think you'll have on yourself makes plenty good sense with her plan. Esp. if she knew she'd have to dig in the desert (in June) to bury stuff, like weapons/bloody clothing.

I think HLN was just sloppy and didn't have anyone check the UPC to see that the NEU was Neutrogena and as far as I know, they don't make hair color that I've ever seen sold in stores under that brand.

She indeed bought two things of each for the Cancun trip. She bought 3oz sized bottles of sun screen instead of one big one for a reason. The airport wasn't going to let her through with the bigger ones.

I'm sure she thought she was going to convince Travis to let her go, buy her a ticket or whatever after she whipped that sex up on him. And if he didn't, well, if she can't go, he sure as hell wasn't going with Mimi. I doubt Jodi cared if Mimi would be there, staying in another hotel room as long as Jodi got to go with Travis.

If Travis agreed, I'm sure she was going to call off her trip to Ryan and call into work and stay at Travis for a week. Jodi probably never cared if she ever went back to Yreka.

She indeed bought two things of each for the Cancun trip. She bought 3oz sized bottles of sun screen instead of one big one for a reason. The airport wasn't going to let her through with the bigger ones.

I'm sure she thought she was going to convince Travis to let her go, buy her a ticket or whatever after she whipped that sex up on him. And if he didn't, well, if she can't go, he sure as hell wasn't going with Mimi. I doubt Jodi cared if Mimi would be there, staying in another hotel room as long as Jodi got to go with Travis.

If Travis agreed, I'm sure she was going to call off her trip to Ryan and call into work and stay at Travis for a week. Jodi probably never cared if she ever went back to Yreka.

I think Travis heard that recorded sex tape just before his murder. I think his ambivalence towards it is probably what sparked the nuclear bomb. JMO

Paul Stern is the guy who appeared on HLN and said that he lent CMJA money.

I did not believe this guy. His name only popped up during the trial. He claimed that she paid him back the money and this just does not ring true. I just don't see her mailing him a check and time-wise, it would have been very difficult for her to drive to Monterey to repay him, especially with her finances.

She had money to get a plane ticket to the wake, didn't see? LOL.

I think Travis heard that recorded sex tape just before his murder. I think his ambivalence towards it is probably what sparked the nuclear bomb. JMO

I don't know. I read somewhere and I can't remember where now that in Jodi and Travis' back and forth of that day, she'd mentioned that she was calling her lawyer. I don't know what would make her say that. She could have used the tape as a threat to get on the trip, I don't know. Whatever she did had to have been salvageable or Travis would have thrown her out of the house or called the police on her.

I don't think she ever believed she was going on that trip to Cancun, wild sex or not, I don't think she was nuts enough to think he'd buy her a ticket for a trip that was happening at the end of the week she killed him. She knew the ticket that had been purchased could not be changed after Jan or Feb., so threatening Travis (or sexing him up) in June wasn't going to change matters.

But she was going to an event where people who knew her were going to be, and showing up with a fresh sunburn or even a tan when she was supposedly driving straight through from Yreka to Salt Lake City would have stuck out and been memorable to them.

To me, it is far more logical that she was protecting her plan in buying the sunscreen rather than thinking she could possibly sway Travis into getting her on that plane to Cancun.

I don't know. I read somewhere and I can't remember where now that in Jodi and Travis' back and forth of that day, she'd mentioned that she was calling her lawyer. I don't know what would make her say that. She could have used the tape as a threat to get on the trip, I don't know. Whatever she did had to have been salvageable or Travis would have thrown her out of the house or called the police on her.

I think the lawyer was about the BMW thing.

I don't think she ever believed she was going on that trip to Cancun, wild sex or not, I don't think she was nuts enough to think he'd buy her a ticket for a trip that was happening at the end of the week she killed him. She knew the ticket that had been purchased could not be changed after Jan or Feb., so threatening Travis (or sexing him up) in June wasn't going to change matters.

But she was going to an event where people who knew her were going to be, and showing up with a fresh sunburn or even a tan when she was supposedly driving straight through from Yreka to Salt Lake City would have stuck out and been memorable to them.

To me, it is far more logical that she was protecting her plan in buying the sunscreen rather than thinking she could possibly sway Travis into getting her on that plane to Cancun.

Good point.

She had money to get a plane ticket to the wake, didn't see? LOL.

Just an observation, not accusing anyone, but the rent money was missing. Somehow JA had money to buy a weapon, pay this man back, pay and lease another car. Didn't she quit her job before she left for Mesa? jmo

I think the lawyer was about the BMW thing.

Well, we know that was a lie because no attorney has come forward that we know of and where would she get the money to hire a lawyer? She had to borrow money for her trip to Mesa and she had never paid anything towards the car. jmo

Well, we know that was a lie because no attorney has come forward that we know of and where would she get the money to hire a lawyer? She had to borrow money for her trip to Mesa and she had never paid anything towards the car. jmo

I think it was an empty threat.

I thought the lawyer had to do with going after Uhaul because they left the BMW in the wrong gear and caused the damages. I also thought she said Travis had an attorney and she had one, too, working on trying to get Uhaul to pay the repairs. Of course she would say she had her own attorney. If Travis hired one she would need to hire one, too, if only in her mind. jmo

Just an observation, not accusing anyone, but the rent money was missing. Somehow JA had money to buy a weapon, pay this man back, pay and lease another car. Didn't she quit her job before she left for Mesa? jmo

IIRC, Martinez wanted to bring her finances into play, but was not able to do so.

Plane tickets, car rental and a lot of the trip expenses were charged to her credit card. She must have had her credit cards up close to their limits by the time that she was arrested, with the way that she was spending.

One of her bank deposits on 6/3 was a check, as 10% of the funds were not readily available. Don't know California law, but in many states, funds from paychecks are immediately available, so most likely this was a personal check that she deposited.

What rent money, Lamby?

I thought she quit her job a few days before she was arrested, I think her Dad told Flores in his interview that a police officer or detective called her work and when she was told, she panicked and quit.

She told people in SLC that she couldn't stay for some kind of gathering or dinner or something because she had to get back to work (and how odd they thought it because she lived for crap like that), and I remember a woman doing a interview (Dr. Drew maybe?) saying JA served them the night she returned night or the next and how normal and chatty she was and how weird that was in retrospect because she just got back from Mesa, and what she did there.

I don't know where she got all the money she spent, it was hundreds and hundreds during and after the trip, I know her Dad said they spent 2500.00 just getting her back up to Yreka in April so it didn't seem they would pony up even more but someone gave her dough.

I thought the lawyer had to do with going after Uhaul because they left the BMW in the wrong gear and caused the damages. I also thought she said Travis had an attorney and she had one, too, working on trying to get Uhaul to pay the repairs. Of course she would say she had her own attorney. If Travis hired one she would need to hire one, too, if only in her mind. jmo

That was my memory of it as well.

Didn't she have stuff that made police believe she might be headed for the border when she was arrested?

After Jodi wrecked the car, Jodi and Travis were both consulting attorneys to figure out who is responsible for the damage. Apparently the conclusion is that Jodi was the one who would be responsible. Uhaul being 0% responsible. You can see evidences of this on several of Travis's texts to Jodi.

-April 18 - Travis asks for BMW payment. "You need to look for a job. your account is overdrawn with me" -Nurmi asks Jodi : Is Travis referring to BMW? Jodi says yes.
-May 10 - 'Steve' email. Travis makes sarcastic remark to Jodi "Thanks for making the payment for the car you destroyed".
-May 26 - Travis says 'you betrayed me' 'you scammed me' I'm 99% sure Jodi was using her wonderful manipulation skills to get out of making the BMW payment and failed. Travis caught her somehow. Jodi also mentions in text that she will contact her attorney.

Understandably Travis was really upset about his BMW being wrecked. Who wouldn't be? Jodi could have wrecked the car on purpose so she still has some ties to Travis, not realizing repercussions. What's a girl to do? Well we all know what she did next.

We might have to disagree to several reasons. She made it known that she wasn't driving straight through, but she was making stops, visiting friends and supposedly taking pictures. It was June, she lived in California, and the Utah people hadn't seen her in months. I don't see why she'd be worried if they could tell she had a tan or not under these conditions.

I'm also not sure why she'd be expecting to get a tan or be sunburned while driving. She planned her Mesa arrival and her departure to be under the cover of night, so if she'd planned to dump stuff in the desert, she seemingly planned to do while driving through those places after dark.

I'm also not sure what's unusual about a tan or sunburn in the summer. She bought the lotion as an afterthought it seems. She'd already been on the trip, tanning for over a day at the point that she purchased it--unless of course she'd run out of her supply that day.

There was also no need for two. The receipt doesn't indicate a sale on these items. She doesn't need all that suntan lotion for plans that, of their nature, were indoors. She didn't plan to be outside with Travis, and she planned to be inside with Ryan at meetings--if she even made it to Ryan's.

The Cancun trip wasn't at the end of the week. Jodi arrived to Travis on June 4th, 6 days before the Cancun trip. Travis was found the night before the plane was to take of, isn't that correct?

Frankly, I don't think Jodi cared that a name might or might not be able to be changed on a free plane ticket, and I'm sure she told him that on June 4th. If it was a free ticket (paid for by PPL), it wasn't Travis' money anyway, and she probably thought he'd just buy her a ticket. They'd done something similar with the New York tickets Jodi had won by not using them directly as they'd been intended.

Mimi wouldn't be in his hotel room, so it mattered not to Jodi whether Mimi was going--just that she'd proved to herself that she was most important and she'd gotten him to put her before Mimi.

Winning mattered to Jodi, and Jodi couldn't stand it that another woman would go on a trip with Travis. It must have burned her up just as badly as it had when she'd driven herself all the way to Bianca that Travis would be for a whole week with another woman in paradise. And she was probably dying inside to think of him being intimate on that vacation--whether in reality Mimi would have been that way with Travis or not.

Jodi was that intrusive and that crazy to believe she could get Travis to pay for a name-change on a ticket or discard Mimi's ticket and buy Jodi her own ticket. So far in the relationship with Travis, she'd been able to manipulate him into anything, and sex was her MO.

I was a travel agent up until about the year 2000. Back then, there were name-changes. I don't know if they cut that out post-911. Honestly, if I put myself in Jodi's shoes, I would probably think exactly what I'm writing here, which is Mimi's ticket was free, so who gives a damn if it's even used.

What I'm talking about came after the BMW thing was seemingly settled. I believe it was Sky who spoke of this on talk radio, and she said that one of the emails in Travis' box was of Jodi saying she was calling her lawyer Monday (the Monday following May 26th.)

Note to SteelyDan and others: We're also talking about different aspects of this in the unresolved thread if you guys want to join over there, too.

Anyways, back to Starbucks. On Cross, Jodi claimed that Starbucks happened AFTER the gas. JM lets her do this. I do not understand it at all. It's on the day he questions her down about the skateboarders. She even says it was close or after 9pm. I don't know why that wasn't straightened out. SB receipt says 8:41pm. The gas one says 8:42pm.

I figured out about the "we" thing I was discussing upthread. When she said "we," it was actually in regards Monterey, not Santa Cruz. JM had asked when she'd arrived in Monterey after leaving Redding. JM had skipped over her meeting up with Matt and roommate in Santa Cruz before heading to Monetrey, which is why she jumped from "I" in Redding to "we" in Monterey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back