Question and Answer thread

Question: where does the prosecution and defense say the rope came from?

Prosecution has not had an opinion on where the rope came from . .. JA has alleged TA purchased a roll of decorative cording (rope) in green and gold colors. JA further stated she took it with her - meaning she would have to remember to retrieve it along with (the KY?) the gun, knife, her bloody clothing, her camera (if it was there when she went to leave).

Some posters have speculated that TA went to a fabric or craft store to purchase this item (if he was the one who did buy it).

Was Travis a virgin before meeting her? Was she his first as far as the anal sex goes?

Why has no one brought up the duct tape?

Any idea if the perp or someone connected to her receives some sort of direct or indirect kickback each time she mentions some name brand during her crapstimony?
Can the court bar her from mentioning name brands?

Since the perp claims to be indigent and the state is paying for her defense, can the state prevent her from selling objects or services for her own benefit (such as "better food")?

She's not a professional actress with a contract that provides financial incentive and reward for name drops. Some of the companies mentioned don't even do that type of marketing. If they want to contribute to her canteen they can (anyone can through the Maricopa county jail website), I'm not sure about her defense fund but there is no reason as to why they would want her endorsement, nor do they need that kind of exposure. An attorney can fill in testimony limitations but I don't see name dropping as a reason to censor her testimony.

Is there any info out there on the gothic group she was associated with when she was a kid in Northern California/Southern Oregon? Like what they were into, crimes commited by members, were they druggies or cultists? If I remember correctly her first boyfriend, the vampire, is deceased too. Was it a suicide or was there more to it?

Prosecution says there was no rope. The fibers are too thin or are not typical of a rope.

Defense says Travis had a rope in his house, it was over 20 feet long, and they wanted to use it for tying her to a sleigh bed, and they felt a need to cut the rope (even though a rope could be used without cutting) and so he went downstairs got a knife, came back upstairs cut the rope in the bathroom, then used a length to tie her wrists with the slack slung behind the sleigh bed headboard, that wherever it fell after there were done, Jodi made the effort to pick it up and any other length of rope and remove it all from the crime scene. The theory explains nothing but why a knife would be upstairs.

Sometime during yesterday's cross exam, I missed the part that the plastic cup in the shower was discussed. It's probably not an important thing, but it's bugging me so much...why did she need to use the cup in that shower???

She of course said she has no memory of it, but JM said it was probably to pour water on the floor and his body.

I saw a post on another thread from a WS who spoke with Beth Karras. Beth is being layed off and IS is going to 2 hours a day and may continue to cover the trial. She stated that letters to InSession are requested to save Beth Karras since she is the best they have. Also, Beth Karras will be starting up her own FB page very shortly. I sure hate they are laying her off and things are changing. What's the point of watching InSession anymore for trials?! :furious:

My TV schedule shows In Session only from 9-11am next week. :(

I like Beth and Joey the best. The rest I could do without, especially Vinnie who they say is the one who will be hosting. :(

Still, I don't quite understand the whole scenario, as that type of water ring would be caused by a standing high water level (like a flood or overflowed bathtub, etc.) but she agreed that she used the glass to try to clean up in the bathroom.

No, water can wick upward by capillary action in paper to a higher level than the water level. If you have a cardboard box, go try it in a low level amount of water. Or if you don't want to ruin a box, try a paper towel. :)

Regarding the texts Travis sent to jodi....where he calls her a sociopath and talks about the psycho things she's done and she needs to fess up......was it ever explained what he was talking about? Did she explain it?

Only a little bit by KN but not JM, as far as I recall. JM seemed reluctant to go into texts where Travis expressed anger, but I wish JM would have questioned her on this because the day of these texts, 5/26/08, is the day I think she decided to kill him. It was a very angry argument. It seemed to stem from a fake "accidental" text message she sent him to make him jealous and him busting her on it as kind of the last straw to him. On direct, she was sticking the story it was a real accidental text. I think that we, like Travis, can all figure out that's a lie.

That's the main point to me that JM missed. Maybe he doesn't want to give her a chance to make up a story? I don't know. But these messages show that Travis felt she did something very wrong, and that she has wronged him before. That should be helpful to the prosecution, I would think.

I missed this yesterday too as I think the testimony was during a commercial. Today I heard a brief recap of the case where they showed JA being asked about 'the glass' she used to clean up blood in the bathroom. The glass was taken from the cabinet underneath the sink and used to pour water on blood (I think). They showed a picture of a pinkish stain on the bottom part of the bathroom wall that they said was caused by JA using the glass to wet the bathroom. She said, 'yes'.

Still, I don't quite understand the whole scenario, as that type of water ring would be caused by a standing high water level (like a flood or overflowed bathtub, etc.) but she agreed that she used the glass to try to clean up in the bathroom.
Wow I didn't hear her say all that ... If so than she wasn't in a fog at that time which shows consciousness of guilt and premeditation!

Depends on who you ask...

Defense said that Travis had it for sexual play

Offense had to go with that because that's what she said ( ha) but tried to say with cross it really was never there and if it was she brought it which concludes the premeditation theory

I don't think there was ever any rope personally.

Were there texts, email, or cell phone evidence proving that JA spoke with TA about coming to see him on the June 4th? Did he know she was coming and approx. what time? Is there anywhere were all text msgs in evidence are posted on WS? Thanks

I haven't seen anything typed up, but there is a good collection of screen caps of many of the texts here:

arizonavjodiarias's media

Does anyone know what all was taken from her grandparents house?

One object, each worth very little, was taken from every room of the home while cash and other valuable items were not taken. Arias’ grandparents had guns in the home, which Arias denied knowing the existence of. Four firearms were in a gun cabinet but only a .25 caliber gun, same caliber as the firearm used to shoot Alexander, was taken.

Wow I didn't hear her say all that ... If so than she wasn't in a fog at that time which shows consciousness of guilt and premeditation!

She didn't admit remembering, she was agreeing to JM's logic that it had to be her who used the glass.

Do the roommates still live in the house?

I don't have a link handy, but if my word is good enough for you, the answer is no, they do not. The house was sold - new owners.

I read in a thread about the court proceedings yesterday, Monday, March 4, that Jodi only lived with Rachel for two weeks and then Rachel asked Jodi to leave. Does anyone know why Jodi was asked to leave?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back