Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can imagine, Mr. Kyle has been repeatedly tested for malingering-you have to know that this would be the basis for any LE and media done for him. So if it eases your mind, there is NO evidence of it. None. He has amnesia straight out.

If this was in response to MY post, I wasn't even remotely referring to whether or not he has amnesia. The arm surgery is something he THINKS he remembers, that doesn't mean there is a pin in his arm. I broke my arm a few years ago and had numerous pieces of bone removed from it, yet there are NO PINS in it.

The point of my post was that it is highly questionable that any doctor or hospital would ever approve doing un-needed surgery to find any ID numbers on a pin, let alone needing to have that un- needed surgery be done with both the surgeon and the hospital DONATING their services, which could add up to several thousands of dollars.

Would it at least be possible to X-ray rather than do invasive surgery? That would surely reveal whether or not there were a pin to examine even if it didn't show a serial number.

If this was in response to MY post, I wasn't even remotely referring to whether or not he has amnesia. The arm surgery is something he THINKS he remembers, that doesn't mean there is a pin in his arm. I broke my arm a few years ago and had numerous pieces of bone removed from it, yet there are NO PINS in it.

The point of my post was that it is highly questionable that any doctor or hospital would ever approve doing un-needed surgery to find any ID numbers on a pin, let alone needing to have that un- needed surgery be done with both the surgeon and the hospital DONATING their services, which could add up to several thousands of dollars.

I think it was in response to my last post, not yours, Raeann!

I think it was in response to my last post, not yours, Raeann!

LOL, thanks for letting me know, I couldn't imagine how what I had discussed had implied that he didn't have amnesia, so I was quite confused!

Believe, why doesn't he want the pins or hardware removed? That seems like almost a sure shot to me as far as ID goes. Does that seem strange to anyone? Or is it me?
When I told my husband about this case, that was his first comment - he could find out his identity almost definitely if they could get a doctor to donate their time for the surgery. I think his cataract surgery was donated, why not for this, too?

<< snipped for content >>
Excellent point, raeann!!

It is not for me to say and I knew you guys would be all over this one, lol! I think that increasing media attention is a legitimate step before self-mutilation, but these are my words not his.

I just have to put this out there....I don't think anyone was implying that they would like to see BK mutilate himself for a serial number that might not even help shed light on his background or origin. I think perhaps the risk and liability involved in such an "elective" surgery went without mention earlier. In all reality (like Raeann posted), I imagine it would be hard to find a surgeon who would perform a surgery like that, given the reason behind it is not medically necessary. I agree that going on the Dr. Phil Show has a much greater chance of helping him than replacing a pin in his arm, especially not knowing if there would even be anything traceable on the pin...and the former is probably a tad less painful than the later~LOL! :crazy: (Ahhh...you know us so well Believe! :blowkiss:)

When I told my husband about this case, that was his first comment - he could find out his identity almost definitely if they could get a doctor to donate their time for the surgery. I think his cataract surgery was donated, why not for this, too?
<< snipped for content >>
Excellent point, raeann!!

Thats what I thought too, SS, about a dr donating the time. I can understand about the malpractice aspect, etc as previously mentioned, but I wonder if the pin would need to be removed? Not to sound glib, but couldn't they just open it up and take a peek?

Thats what I thought too, SS, about a dr donating the time. I can understand about the malpractice aspect, etc as previously mentioned, but I wonder if the pin would need to be removed? Not to sound glib, but couldn't they just open it up and take a peek?
Well, I am definitely not knowledgable in the medical field, but I know people have arthroscopic surgeries where it's not an invasive surgery - you'd think there would be some way they could just insert a tiny camera in the elbow to scan the numbers or something. :waitasec:

No body reacts to bone pin placement the same-after perhaps 40 years of bone growth in and around those pins, I suspect the calcification would be pretty impressive. I am not a medical expert so I do not know for sure-does anyone know when bone pins started being marked with serial numbers? I mean if it didn't start until the 80's or later, it will not make any difference to Benjaman since he likely had his surgery in the 70's...make sense?

No body reacts to bone pin placement the same-after perhaps 40 years of bone growth in and around those pins, I suspect the calcification would be pretty impressive. I am not a medical expert so I do not know for sure-does anyone know when bone pins started being marked with serial numbers? I mean if it didn't start until the 80's or later, it will not make any difference to Benjaman since he likely had his surgery in the 70's...make sense?

Does he know when he had the surgery?

Wow, in his 20's? I didn't catch that before, believe. You are probably right as far as calcification and scarring or whatnot around the pins. Shoot!

You are absolutely correct Believe, I had forgotten about calcification. My father had pins put in his knees when he was 11 (he is now 65) and about 10 yrs ago he needed knee surgery and some of the pins replaced. They have an extremely difficult job getting some of the old pins out, because of calcification and the bone growing around the pins. They basically had to restructure his kneecap. I too had been pressing on about the pins, but this is not something that BK is comfortable with, and we have so many avenues to pursue, so lets get working!

You are absolutely correct Believe, I had forgotten about calcification. My father had pins put in his knees when he was 11 (he is now 65) and about 10 yrs ago he needed knee surgery and some of the pins replaced. They have an extremely difficult job getting some of the old pins out, because of calcification and the bone growing around the pins. They basically had to restructure his kneecap. I too had been pressing on about the pins, but this is not something that BK is comfortable with, and we have so many avenues to pursue, so lets get working!
I didn't know about calcification and stuff, let alone if they had numbers on the pins back when he would've had his surgeries. At least I know that's not an option now. Onward and upward. :D

Not sure where to post this, here or the general discussion thread, as this is not a question for BK- but for any of our members or readers.

Does anyone have any contacts or connections with the National Restaurant Association? I'm sure they have some kind of publication that goes out to those directly involved with restaurants and any distributors who deal with the rest. industry. (Paper company's, wine distributors etc.) If so, I would REALLY love to see BK's flyers and info included in one of their publications. I believe if his info gets out to those in the industry it may very well lead to his identification.

Not sure where to post this, here or the general discussion thread, as this is not a question for BK- but for any of our members or readers.

Does anyone have any contacts or connections with the National Restaurant Association? I'm sure they have some kind of publication that goes out to those directly involved with restaurants and any distributors who deal with the rest. industry. (Paper company's, wine distributors etc.) If so, I would REALLY love to see BK's flyers and info included in one of their publications. I believe if his info gets out to those in the industry it may very well lead to his identification.

LOVE IT-I contacted the Colorado Rest Association at the beginning of the year, sent them a flyer but we had no luck....

LOVE IT-I contacted the Colorado Rest Association at the beginning of the year, sent them a flyer but we had no luck....

Thanks believe. This is why I want a contact. Someone who is actively involved with the NRA or a big company.... (say, top management at Red Lobster, or one of the larger paper distributors like Saalfeld (sp?) paper) I believe there would be a much better chance of his info actually being published in one of their publications if it came from them as opposed to the average Joe like ourselves.

No one has ties to anyone working with the NRA? IF so please let us know! IF not I will try to get working on making contacts by weeks end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500