Raven's Website and Online Activity

Jenifred said:
PREFACE--My opinion only.

The whole discussion on the web memorial for Janet was brought up because the lack of it was odd for someone as web oriented as Raven not putting one up. He had stuff up everywhere, posting so many details of his life out where anyone could see it, and then after Janet's death--nothing for her. He continued visiting myspace.com and other sites, but nothing for Janet. And from what we were able to see, he had slowly inched her out of his online viewing for awhile. He had a whole story on one of his earlier websites about how they met, but then the most updated ravenstree.com it was like it was abridged and the good stuff was missing. He mentioned on the VX site that he was going through a divorce when no papers were filed. It just seems like it's odd behavior for a man who says that he loved his wife.

And about creating a web site for Janet's memory. I think that should be left up to the family. It's not our place. From what I've heard here, the Christensens are private people. I don't think that they want every Tom, Dick and Harry to be poking their noses into something that should be personal to them. I think that being here on WS is what we should be doing. Looking for clues to who did this, uncovering things that might be over-looked. Not creating a website for someone that most of the people on this board only know from a memorial video and statements from her friends and aquaintances. We've done our part, Janet's family knows that there are people out there that care because we log into this site day after day when there's no word on any aspects of this case.
...........very well said...

...this forum in itself IS a tribute to janet...............to finding justice ...and to sticking it out until we all see that day....

...and we will........

goodolebv said:
In response to Jerseygirl and Timex. What I was told by Janet's mother in May (before the memorial and funeral) was that "the investigator told them not to speak to the media". I replied that was probably a good idea, since often times the media tends to take things and skew them the best way they can to sell a story. It might have been poor advice on my part, but I was just trying to console a grieving mother.
I'm sure that was correct and kind advise at the time goodolebv.......but......you think now you can you go tell them it's time to start shouting for justice? ;)

golfmom said:
Dear Lord, I think this is a first, I'm about to disagree with you SES!

It isn't uncommon on the web any longer for anyone who has the means and motivation to set up a memorial website. I know a few were set up for Riley Fox, although it appears that one is in the works by her family right now. I think that there are a number of websites dedicated to the memory of Laci Peterson. And I feel that in many ways, Misterallgood's blog is a kind of memorial to Janet as well.

I guess what I'm saying that if anyone went about setting up a nice site, I know I'd appreciate it at this point. I suspect her family might as well. They just might not be able to deal with creating one themselves right now, or they might not have the skills.

Anyway, the internet is a brave, new world, and I think etiquette here may actually allow a sensitive memorial to Janet. (at least one better than the one set up at 2nutmeg.)
To me, this statement GM, is the key - IF the family endorses a site created in Janet's memory, etc., then to me that's entirely different than a site just being created randomly. It's certainly just my opinion, and from the PMs in my box this morning, LOL, an opinion NOT shared by most, but, I still maintain, personally, that creating a memorial site, at this juncture, WITHOUT being sanctioned by the family, is crossing a line of why we are here. I have no doubt that Janet's family at least, appreciates the efforts of each and every person here. But I do think there are boundaries, or there would be for me personally anyway.

You're absolutely right GM, the internet IS a brave new world, but that world can also step over the line of privacy as a family continues to mourn and grieve. As I wrote previously, so much of Janet's life is now on public display, due primarily to one simple fact - her life was taken from her. That said, it's my feeling that there have to be things that remain close and private, at least for now, for those who knew and loved Janet, her family and friends...creating a public memorial indepentdently of the family, to me anyway, starts to invade the few remaining aspects of privacy for her life. To me it's reminiscent of a phrase often heard in the publishing world - an "unauthorized" biography. Perhaps I'm simply naive and an innocent in some ways, but in this day and age of the internet, identity crimes, online scams, etc., I miss a day where one's privacy was something one held close. And yes, the web is filled with memorial websites for victims, without a doubt. But I guess to me, being a true victim advocate is a partnership of sorts - between the advocate, hand in hand, with those close, the family.

That said, if the family comes forward and says, yes, we want this. Then to me, that's an entirely different cup of tea if you will... and in that event, I have no doubt there are countless folks on WS with the skills and wherewithal to create a lasting and important tribute to Janet and her life.

ps- Darn GM, now I need to look back to make sure I had disagreed with you at some point, at least about something or another! LOL

Jenifred said:
PfM, good to see you back! Where've you been?

Now if we can only get Mr. AG to check back every once and awhile.
Thanks, great to be back. I had to take a break from this forum, I have been frustrated by the lack of media attention and answers. It's like LE is not doing anything!! Or, so it seems. And it's like we are the only ones who seem to care.
And because of that last line, I realized that's why I need to come back and be
here ... to support justice for Janet!!

Where is Mr. AllGood??
What's he been up to?

SouthEastSleuth said:
IF the family endorses a site created in Janet's memory, etc., then to me that's entirely different than a site just being created randomly. It's certainly just my opinion...
I share that opinion 100%. We, as a group, are a tribute of sorts. While the idea of creating a memorial site is a noble one, I don't think that it's our place to make that decision.

SouthEastSleuth said:
That said, it's my feeling that there have to be things that remain close and private, at least for now, for those who knew and loved Janet, her family and friends...creating a public memorial indepentdently of the family, to me anyway, starts to invade the few remaining aspects of privacy for her life. To me it's reminiscent of a phrase often heard in the publishing world - an "unauthorized" biography.
SES, are you worried about offending Raven? Because I kinda think all of our other posts have already done that! :)

ewwwinteresting said:
SES, are you worried about offending Raven? Because I kinda think all of our other posts have already done that! :)
Offending Raven. Hmmm. Never even crossed my mind actually. Somehow, these days when I think of Janet's family, my thoughts tend to lean towards Virginia, not Utah, but, perhaps that's just me...

SouthEastSleuth said:
Offending Raven. Hmmm. Never even crossed my mind actually. Somehow, these days when I think of Janet's family, my thoughts tend to lean towards Virginia, not Utah, but, perhaps that's just me...
Agreed.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I think we all know who really loved Janet.

I'm disagreeing with the memorial site though. There are plenty of posters here that know Janet. Would they be offended if someone put up a memorial site for Janet? It's not like it would state endorsed by the family. If someone is really good at creating a tackful memorial tribute to Janet, I say go for it. Obviously her husband isn't going to and anything would be better than the lame one that's out there now:rolleyes: .

ewwwinteresting said:
I think we all know who really loved Janet.
It will be interesting to see if Janet's family removes Raven's last name from her grave stone/scholorship fund...like Lori's family did. If Raven did this, I can't imagine them wanting to see his name attached to hers!

snapple said:
It will be interesting to see if Janet's family removes Raven's last name from her grave stone/scholorship fund...like Lori's family did. If Raven did this, I can't imagine them wanting to see his name attached to hers!

For me, the difference here is Kaiden. It is his mother's name and memory.

golfmom said:
For me, the difference here is Kaiden. It is his mother's name and memory.
Oh yes, I forgot about Kaiden having the same last name. Well maybe Kaiden will change his name away from his father's name as Raven did his?

:laugh:
snapple said:
Well maybe Kaiden will change his name away from his father's name as Raven did his?
Hmmm, maybe this wasn't supposed to be funny, but I lol when I read it :)

This morning I noticed a change in what remains of Raven's blog page.

When you click the link to "view my complete profile," it appears that a section to see "User Stats" has been placed on the page. I know this information was never there in the past, but I'm not sure if the owner of the page has to add it, or somehow the Blogger site adds the information at some point?

If it's indeed a user defined add, it's curious to wonder why Raven, as he presumably controls his page, would choose to add "User Stats" now, as opposed to when he created the blog. Maybe just curiosity? Perhaps an "ego thing" to see how many people have looked at his profile? Who knows.

Informationally: The "User Stats" show two pieces of information -

On Blogger Since: April 2005
Profile Views: 2353

http://www.blogger.com/profile/8523421

With the stats, Raven may be able to check out IP addresses of who is hitting his blog, which means, he could find out what internet server is being used, what your IP address is, and eventually could take that information and if he has another site put up, he could block that IP from viewing his site.

Since IP's change when you restart your router, or with AOL it is given new one each session, it's kinda moot, but its a way to get sorta a look at who is viewing the site, without knowing completely.

Edited because I said blob instead of blog, but to me it's nothing but a blob!

As far as a Memorial Site, or even a site dedicated to Janet, I think myself and others would be very happy to do so, with their own domain, of course, as a gift to the family, but only with the family's blessing.

golfmom said:
Signature of Raven at another message board . . .

http://www.examnotes.net/article1044411-2.html

"Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes and I am left the same. The more things change, the more I am the same. I am what I started with, and when its all over I will be all that is left of me."

- High Prather, novelist

..........his profile at the above site...

Profile For nc_vxSearch for all posts by this user.Date Registered:04-04-05Status:Junior Member Total Posts:3 (0.06 posts per day)Last Post:04-19-05 02:56 PM

In re-reading some old posts/threads, I noticed this one from GM back in late May. I had never noticed the quote that Raven used when posting on this particular site.

In reading it now, after all we know, etc., it truly gives me the creeps.

"Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes and I am left the same. The more things change, the more I am the same. I am what I started with, and when its all over I will be all that is left of me."

- High Prather, novelist

I mean talk about a quote to use, particularly by Raven, that just seems laced with forboding.... "and when its all over I will be all that is left of me."

Why choose this quote I wonder? Is it a reflection of Raven's life... or his life in the future?

Maybe it's just me, reading into it, but geez it gives me the creeps!

SES - I think Scotty would be a great model for that orange jumpsuit. Especially if he goes swimming and gets his hair blonded.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy
Back