Reality TV star Todd Chrisley and wife Julie indicted for tax evasion *Guilty*

As an older person I think I would prefer to die than live in prison at this point in my life. I can manage the aches and pains on the outside with good food, long hot epson salt baths, and a good bed with several fluffy pillows.
Yup!

Exactly why it is so tough to keep up your health as you age in prison. The medical care is atrocious, lack of organic whole foods and supplements, lack of sunlight, exposure to toxins, mental emotional decline from constant stress, dealing with prison staff, administration, other inmates, crowded conditions, lack of privacy, lack of mental stimulation, helplessness when family and friends are sick and you can't even visit them in the hospital or be there for them in other ways, or see their milestones, long visitor waits, overly disgustingly expensive phone calls/video chats, junk food in commissary and high carb super bland food full of nitrates and artificial crap, expired food, contaminated water, mold problems, power outages, heat or air going off, bad neck/back/shoulder/hip pain from hard beds with dirty mattresses and one hard flat pillow, being too hot or too cold in your cell, lack of blankets, lack of TP.....I could keep going.

Horrible.

We won't recognize the Chrisley Knows Best Star in 10 years.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Yup!

Exactly why it is so tough to keep up your health as you age in prison. The medical care is atrocious, lack of organic whole foods and supplements, lack of sunlight, exposure to toxins, mental emotional decline from constant stress, dealing with prison staff, administration, other inmates, crowded conditions, lack of privacy, lack of mental stimulation, helplessness when family and friends are sick and you can't even visit them in the hospital or be there for them in other ways, or see their milestones, long visitor waits, overly disgustingly expensive phone calls/video chats, junk food in commissary and high carb super bland food full of nitrates and artificial crap, expired food, contaminated water, mold problems, power outages, heat or air going off, bad neck and joint pain from hard beds with dirty mattresses and hard pillows, being too hot or too cold in your cell, lack of blankets, lack of TP.....I could keep going.

Horrible.

We won't recognize the Chris Chrisley in 10 years.

2 Cents

People in prison are there, due to their own behavior. Todd Chrisley could have worked a job, as a truck driver, or any type of job, brought home a paycheck, living with his family in a small trailer. He would be in his trailer, laying on his broken down, soft sofa...enjoying his best life.

Instead, he stole money from people, swindled banks, taking loans, not paying them back. He thought he was so smart. I actually think he would have gotten away with it, if he hadn't decided to get a reality TV show to show the world his excess wealth.

He is right where he belongs. No pity party from me.

Yup!

Exactly why it is so tough to keep up your health as you age in prison. The medical care is atrocious, lack of organic whole foods and supplements, lack of sunlight, exposure to toxins, mental emotional decline from constant stress, dealing with prison staff, administration, other inmates, crowded conditions, lack of privacy, lack of mental stimulation, helplessness when family and friends are sick and you can't even visit them in the hospital or be there for them in other ways, or see their milestones, long visitor waits, overly disgustingly expensive phone calls/video chats, junk food in commissary and high carb super bland food full of nitrates and artificial crap, expired food, contaminated water, mold problems, power outages, heat or air going off, bad neck/back/shoulder/hip pain from hard beds with dirty mattresses and one hard flat pillow, being too hot or too cold in your cell, lack of blankets, lack of TP.....I could keep going.

Horrible.

We won't recognize the Chrisley Knows Best Star in 10 years.

2 Cents
You forgot the part where they keep fluorescent lights on all night.
I would die pretty quick I think.

You forgot the part where they keep fluorescent lights on all night.
I would die pretty quick I think.
They keep those lights on in the hallway but not in the cells. Even so, your right, sleep can be a problem. Guards shine flashlites, your multiple bunk mates are noisy, light shines in from the hall, wake up is way too early. Inmates buy ear plugs and eye masks to help them sleep. Bathrooms are gross, you need to wear shower shoes in the moldy showers, modesty is out the window.

2 cents

This is interesting. Savannah's parents are in prison, for not following laws, believing that they were "above the law'. Now, their daughter, Savanna, does the exact same thing. She was told by a Southwest flight attendant to check her bag. Instead of complying with the rules, she threw a fit. Because "rules can't possibly apply to her".

She escalated the incident, and appropriately, the flight attendant made a decision to not allow a passenger who won't follow rules to get on the flight. So, Savanna, has to continue the incident by now making it a news bite. With Savanna Chrisley as the "victim".

Entitlement much?

The self-coined 'patriarch of perfection' who once boasted that he spent $300,000 on clothes in one year, has 'let himself go,' the source adds. 'He is not able to get skin treatments and his hair is no longer dyed blonde. He is looking worse for wear.'
Riches to Rags: Todd Chrisley, 54 (pictured in season 6 of Chrisley Knows Best) is wracked with guilt that his 'greed' has landed himself and his wife Julie, 50, in prison

IMHO Gag me with a spoon!! I would like to poke that "sweet little daughter" in the eye. Maybe he can work in the "uniform" section of prison and tailor his jumpsuits suits to his taste. I'm sorry if my lack of sympathy offends anyone. I'm just not feeling it for this crew.
BTW I'm not rich nor am I a reality "star" (I use the term very loosely) BUT I do pay my taxes. I'm just saying.....

Todd Chrisley's Home Confinement Case Is Being 'Investigated Internally' After Being 'Rejected'​

Attorney Jay Surgent says the Chrisley Knows Best alum was making an application under the CARES Act to be released to home confinement - due to the extreme heat conditions - but his application, as well as a number of other applications — but particularly his — was rejected.

“He submitted it, but the person that was administrating it and was in charge of processing it, decided that she didn't want to do that. She decided not to do it,” Surgent explains.

“And then, the time period for the application expired, so he wasn't given due consideration with reference to being admitted to home confinement or taken advantage of some type of a probationary program.”

Surgent adds: “It's very, very unfortunate, and that matter is now being investigated internally, and we feel as though there was no reason why it should have not been processed, even in light of his prison term.”

Surgent tells PEOPLE that he and his wife Julie, 50, are “living in squalor in 100-degree temperatures” in prison, adding that “there’s no air conditioning, there’s no nothing” in their respective cells.

Last edited:

Surgent tells PEOPLE that he and his wife Julie, 50, are “living in squalor in 100-degree temperatures” in prison, adding that “there’s no air conditioning, there’s no nothing” in their respective cells.

Attorney's for the rest of the inmates aren't calling People Magazine and complaining? Guess Todd & Julie should have given the accomodations due consideration before they committed those outrageous financial crimes.

Someone needs to tell Surgent he's tone deaf. The Chrisley kids might be outraged on their parents behalf - but the rest of us just don't care.

Attorney's for the rest of the inmates aren't calling People Magazine and complaining? Guess Todd & Julie should have given the accomodations due consideration before they committed those outrageous financial crimes.

Someone needs to tell Surgent he's tone deaf. The Chrisley kids might be outraged on their parents behalf - but the rest of us just don't care.

Todd Chrisley's celebrity status led to 'nightmare' prison mistreatment, 'no one seems to care': lawyer​

Chrisley's 2 claims that he is being treated differently:

"Todd was making an application under the CARES ACT which was purposely not processed administratively for himself as well as OTHER INMATES."

“His application, as well as a number of other applications — but particularly his — was rejected.”

"Someone was allowed to take a photo of him while he was sleeping, and this is a result of his celebrity status."

“Not that we're saying that they deserve special treatment because they're celebrities. They don't,” Surgent notes. “What we're saying is that they, along with other inmates, deserve better treatment."

"Todd has no air conditioning, plumbing conditions are bad, there is mold and fungus everywhere, and again no one seems to care,"

Sounds like Chrisley was hoping his TV celebrity status would entitle him to get better treatment (than the other inmates) but instead he is treated the same as everyone else. "No one cares" means that he is upset that the staff won't pay attention to his wants and needs - like everyone did when he was filming his show.

2 Cents

Last edited:

Todd Chrisley's Home Confinement Case Is Being 'Investigated Internally' After Being 'Rejected'​

Attorney Jay Surgent says the Chrisley Knows Best alum was making an application under the CARES Act to be released to home confinement - due to the extreme heat conditions - but his application, as well as a number of other applications — but particularly his — was rejected.

“He submitted it, but the person that was administrating it and was in charge of processing it, decided that she didn't want to do that. She decided not to do it,” Surgent explains.

“And then, the time period for the application expired, so he wasn't given due consideration with reference to being admitted to home confinement or taken advantage of some type of a probationary program.”

Surgent adds: “It's very, very unfortunate, and that matter is now being investigated internally, and we feel as though there was no reason why it should have not been processed, even in light of his prison term.”

So no one else matters then?

It seems to me, that the issue is pretty cut and dried, the Chrisleys took out bankruptcy, then, turned around, went on reality TV, and showed off their amazing wealth. Which, was actually money they had taken from numerous banks, in forms of loans. I don't see how they can get out of this.

As for the "inhumane conditions" at the prisons, many people go to prison, and manage to survive. Prison is not supposed to be a luxury trip to Disneyland. As they say..."Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time".

The couple reported to their respective prisons in January, with Todd Chrisley serving 12 years at Federal Prison Camp Pensacola in Florida, while Julie Chrisley reported to the Federal Medical Center (FMC) Lexington in Kentucky for her seven-year sentence.

However, on Sept. 8, it was confirmed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons that Todd Chrisley will be released on Jan. 22, 2033, two years less than his original sentence.

As for Julie Chrisley, her sentence was reduced by 14 months and will now be released on Oct. 19. 2028.

She went on to explain that the oral arguments were expected to begin the week of March 25, 2024.

“Only about 6 percent of cases that are submitted for oral arguments get accepted,” the 26-year-old said. “So this is huge news.”

She added, “We get to go and argue why mom and dad should be home. So God is good. Thanksgiving win!”

In July during an episode of her podcast “Unlocked w/ Savannah Chrisley,” she and her brother, Chase Chrisley, 27, discussed what they said were the “inhumane” conditions their parents were enduring in prison.

Question - why should mom & dad be home? Because they had a TV show? Because they are special, elitist thieves and liars? Exactly why should they not be in prison?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoegazergirl
Back