Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Locals have been urged to keep a lookout for damaged cars in the area.”

I encourage anyone who does have information that could be relevant to this investigation – whether that’s a person or vehicle seen in the area on that day, something unusual such as a damaged vehicle or property – to please come forward and speak to police or provide the information via Crime Stoppers," Detective Acting Superintendent said.

The above statement also caught my attention.
Just speculating….Could a damaged vehicle from the Smash Repair business have been used to travel to the forest and commit the alleged crime or is there some suggestion Samantha was deliberately/ or otherwise hit by a vehicle?

Hmmm the first 48 hours are the most important in a missing persons case. After that, the likelihood of a person being found alive reduces significantly. So.... unfortunately, I don't think it is just her devices that are leading the police to say that she has met with her maker.

Not something we haven't suggested before....
“Locals have been urged to keep a lookout for damaged cars in the area.”

I encourage anyone who does have information that could be relevant to this investigation – whether that’s a person or vehicle seen in the area on that day, something unusual such as a damaged vehicle or property – to please come forward and speak to police or provide the information via Crime Stoppers," Detective Acting Superintendent said.

This also caught my attention. Could a damaged vehicle from the Smash Repair business have been used to travel to the forest and commit the alleged crime or is there some suggestion Samantha was deliberately/ or otherwise hit by a vehicle?
Hopefully the police were onto this!

Can someone shed some light onto what circumstances would lead them to believe there was more than one person?
Could it be the watch tracked separately to the phone?
Source
I have been thinking of this today too. One of the simplest answers I can come up with is that to move the body of a woman who is 172cm might take two people. I’m 44, 172cm and pretty fit. I weigh 70kg. I can imagine police saying “ok so could one person move a 70kg body on their own without leaving drag marks etc”. I dunno, maybe that’s too simplistic. But then again I think they know a lot more than they’re letting on.

I've also been pondering if there are any extended family links to the tobacco wars.

Things are getting pretty radical in that space...
The S.O.G….as mentioned on page #46 was also a tobacco undercover person (a very long story). No idea if this has any relevance to SM only brought this up due the query.

Another theory I have that is worth considering is as follows. A large number of metropolition based ride share drivers head to major provincial cities to work Saturday nights.A driver might have been having a catnap in the forest before returning to Melbourne after a long Saturday night behind the wheel. Did Sam get injured on her run then call a ride share provider and get either hit and killed when the lift arrived or was she murdered in the process by some deranged driver?.
Random! But anything is possible

I have been thinking of this today too. One of the simplest answers I can come up with is that to move the body of a woman who is 172cm might take two people. I’m 44, 172cm and pretty fit. I weigh 70kg. I can imagine police saying “ok so could one person move a 70kg body on their own without leaving drag marks etc”. I dunno, maybe that’s too simplistic. But then again I think they know a lot more than they’re letting on.
And a dead weight...70kg would be very hard to move...imo would take 2 able bodied strong people

Police are saying phone data has led them to the specific area at Mt Clear. Suppose if one or more other phone signals pinged at the same time or within a time bracket? Or trackable car GPS.

This is my secondary theory, very possible. And what if they knew SM when the accident happened “oh crap it’s Sam! What do we do!?”
What if they bundled her into the car to take her to hospital and she died in the way… what then!?
Possibly but it's a bit farfetched...random hooners knowing her? But anything is possible

Can someone shed some light onto what circumstances would lead them to believe there was more than one person?
Could it be the watch tracked separately to the phone?
Source
Other phone pings picked up with Samantha at the same time as well as data

Police would be talking to ex criminals in the area for any tip-offs and more information has come to light

Another point i noted about the press conference this morning was that for all the questions about the phone data that could not be commented on, officer Hatt did confirm one point....the data did show that after Samantha left her home she was 'on foot'.

JMO...I'd say the Police will have a path that take them to where the data stops...or at least stops moving.
Hi Bats, one thing if police are relying only on the phone data and not actual sightings, Witnesses actually seeing her jogging then there's a problem, as I believe one day they say the husband's not a suspect then next day they're saying everyone is a suspect what the hell is going on

Hi Bats, one thing if police are relying only on the phone data and not actual sightings, Witnesses actually seeing her jogging then there's a problem, as I believe one day they say the husband's not a suspect then next day they're saying everyone is a suspect what the hell is going on
Hey W28, right at the end of the Police press conference, it seems the officer is saying that there are alleged sightings of Samantha after she left the house. That's the way i took it anyway.

I've also been pondering if there are any extended family links to the tobacco wars.

Things are getting pretty radical in that space...
The tobacco shop issues are similar to what has occured in other states. It's all to do with the new vaping laws. The local Ballarat news reported about arrests over illegal vapes. Next day. Arson. It seems to be an internal industry war. But anything is possible.

Last edited:
I think it would be harder to manage her alive. I suggest the reason more than one person is suspected is that police know not only that she went into the forest on foot, but that at some stage she was also transported in a vehicle, alive and potentially kicking.

And a dead weight...70kg would be very hard to move...imo would take 2 able bodied strong people
It would have to be done quickly, as well, before people started searching for Samantha.

Someone would have been keeping an eye out for anyone else using the track

I wonder if Samantha did have any appointments in the morning ? I haven't heard any recent reports today

There has been no reports by the police today to say her husband reported her missing at 11 am.

This I feel has been a targeted, well planned attack on Samantha.

She has either walked in on something, heard something or seen something

and was not happy about it, maybe she was going to the police to make a report

ADMIN NOTE:

Members can't just snatch something off the internet and use it for our own purposes without giving credit to the source.

Unfortunately, almost 40 posts had to be removed due to images being posted and no link provided. When an original post is removed, all responses to it are also removed (and of course, responses to those responses ... and so it goes.)

Remember ... No link, no post !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member