Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something fishy is definitely going on…. IMO…

Why are police no longer communicating with Mick and family?

What happened to the regular daily briefings with Mick?

My hunch is there has been some kind of “plot twist…”

JMO…

Check out this extract from the Daily Mail:

Mr Murphy was asked by the Daily Mail if he knew anything about the search for his wife. He shook his head in response.

The media outlet said he looked “distraught” as he drove through the scrub.

John Robson, Mr Murphy’s father, has claimed that Victoria Police have not kept the family informed of developments in the search for Ms Murphy.

“We haven’t a clue what is going on. Mick is in the same boat as us,” he told theMail.

Daily Mail

Yes, definitely this is very strange, makes you feel uncomfortable. The police know something ...

It doesn't say they are not communicating. Mr Robson nicely informed the DM that the police are not sharing their theories about what happened to Sam any more. Not difficult to work out why ... when Mr Robson is so free with the press,

Mick shaking his head can very well mean ... "no, I am not talking to the media about this". Not that the police haven't braced him for their further searches for Sam's remains.

I feel pretty sure that Mick and his family will have a police liaison officer assisting them through this tough time.
There is no need to keep anyone abreast of the private police investigation when the matter is now under sub judice because they have the alleged killer charged and behind bars.

imo

JMO…

Mr Murphy was asked by the Daily Mail if he knew anything about the search for his wife. He shook his head in response.

John Robson, Mr Murphy’s father, has claimed that Victoria Police have not kept the family informed of developments in the search for Ms Murphy.

“We haven’t a clue what is going on. Mick is in the same boat as us,” he told theMail.

Daily Mail
John Robson is not Mick Murphy’s father … he is Samantha’s father .

Search could have been ended at 3pm due to something simple like the amount of police involved needing to call it a day and return to family duties at home, picking up the kids etc. Seems like a logical decision.

If the victim was assumed alive, the search may have continued into the night or resumed the next day.

At least some kind of effort happened.

So if the accused is in custody, who do you speculate the Police may be hoping to capture…? :oops:

Another person or people either involved or who knows something, who are currently refusing to come forward for whatever reason.

It could be a family member. It could be a friend. It could be a passer by in the street.

Put lots of pressure on. Make their heads swim with fear and guilt. Wait for them to crack.

Another person or people either involved or who knows something, who are currently refusing to come forward for whatever reason.

It could be a family member. It could be a friend. It could be a passer by in the street.
I wonder what may be holding them back? Police have been very discreet thus far in terms of their sources…. Always stating things to the effect that “intelligence has come from multiple sources using multiple methods…”
JMO..MOO…

True
Search could have been ended at 3pm due to something simple like the amount of police involved needing to call it a day and return to family duties at home, picking up the kids etc. Seems like a logical decision.

If the victim was assumed alive, the search may have continued into the night or resumed the next day.

At least some kind of effort happened.
True there was some effort , eight hours it was reported .. until around 3.00 pm the search was declared concluded with no resumption this week.

I wonder what may be holding them back? Police have been very discreet thus far in terms of their sources…. Always stating things to the effect that “intelligence has come from multiple sources using multiple methods…”
JMO..MOO…
Connected to the crime.

Don't want PS sentenced to life in jail.

Are a key witness but don't want to be part of the investigation (don't like police, or while a key witness - were located somewhere/doing something they shouldn't have been at the time).

You’re onto it !
Thinking how much cctv might have been installed yesterday .

( in response to Investg8r’s last post )

I tend to think the search yesterday was due to intelligence received, and due to the police having use of a cadaver dog for the day.

Following searches may revolve around the availability of the cadaver dog(s).

This could also be why the search wrapped up at 2:30. Because the dog had to be moved on to another location and case, ready for searches in that regard the following day.

Sam is not going to be easy to find without a cadaver dog's involvement, at this point in time. Unless someone innocently stumbles on her remains.

imo

Who else would be involved with PS??

- girlfriend?
- friend?
-relative?
-bikkie associate/connection? JMO

I wonder if they have a workable theory of all PS's movements on that Sunday after 8.00am? IMO

I wonder if there is any person who sited PS on that Sunday after 8.00am - friend/or relative?

eg: - Did a friend go to Hungry Jacks with him at 1pm?
or did he drop his sister at her friends place at 3pm? - Just examples of where he might be seen by someone close to him. JMO

I also wonder how many vehicles PS had access to besides his own? JMO

Thanks for that !!!- I haven't been able to follow along for a couple of days so I skipped ahead to see if they had been successful in their location of SM and so had been reading things out of order!!! - I don't recommend doing this - very confusing.

Why are police no longer communicating with Mick and family ?

JMO…

Daily Mail
Red bolding mine.
Hmmm...
This is new to me.
Omo.

Red bolding mine.
Hmmm...
This is new to me.
Omo.
I am just thinking because there is so many people invested in helping to solve this - by doing their own searches and keeping a light continually on this case - that police didn't want any outside interference in this particular area? JMO

It's interesting they had several motorbike/dirtbike riders. Is that to see if items were dumped in a more unaccessible area - difficult for a car?? IMO

Maybe someone from the public had come across something unusual in this area that needed to be ruled out?? Related to the case or totally unrelated?? JMO

Locals mentioned lots of dumping of used household items - but maybe this was slightly odd?? IMO

A collection of random items that a person was keeping secret? IMO

I am just thinking because there is so many people invested in helping to solve this - by doing their own searches and keeping a light continually on this case - that police didn't want any outside interference in this particular area? JMO

It's interesting they had several motorbike/dirtbike riders. Is that to see if items were dumped in a more unaccessible area - difficult for a car?? IMO

Maybe someone from the public had come across something unusual in this area that needed to be ruled out?? Related to the case or totally unrelated?? JMO

Locals mentioned lots of dumping of used household items - but maybe this was slightly odd?? IMO

A collection of random items that a person was keeping secret? IMO
BBM : I don't think it's unusual that they had the bikes, I've seen this in lots of missing persons searches .....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee