Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

In my experience most of the time dogs won't come back without their pack members if they can help it

Multiple dogs escaping and only one returning usually means the other dog can't return for some reason

We have a vizsla. They are very bonded to their person in a way I’ve not seen other dog breeds. Ours is very attached to my husband. If something happened to him, she would be distraught and would definitely go off trying to track him. They’re hunter-retrieving dogs.
Let's hope - and pray if that's you're thing - she finds her
Sometimes miracles happen
I'd so love a happy ending like that

I no longer believe (a) she is out in the bush, of her own accord, in this heat and north wind and fire threat, days of it, the cumulative effect would be so dangerous , no food, no known water , possibly originally injured, perhaps severely, most probably not now alive. The elements are so against the sustainability of life, it would be a terrific suspension of rationale to maintain that belief. It is nearly sundown again. Day 10.

Last edited:
I can only presume that when she went off for her run she wasn't trying to dodge CCTV or being seen along the way.
Yet somehow it happened. Apart from just the one with the "doggy" bag.
This is what makes me super suspicious - her not being seen at all. Hardly possible, I would have thought.

I know many people have been searching Google maps to view SM’s Eureka Street address and the Buninyong Park etc. For work, we use a program called near maps which provides much more up to date maps. The latest map showing for Buninyong is 7 Feb. I can see now how there are so many interconnecting walking tracks on one side of the park, and on the other it looks more dense, with some lakes / dams scattered throughout.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful one of the dogs has gone missing. Agreed with others that they may have tried to go and find Samantha, or perhaps they were frightened due to the thunderstorms in the area. It's a heartbreaking thing for her family: first their mother, and now one of their dogs? Hopefully they are microchipped.

Especially after this long, and the silence of the police (probably means they're onto something) I'm pretty baffled. Look forward for a police update when there is one.

This is what makes me super suspicious - her not being seen at all. Hardly possible, I would have thought.
I agree. It’s not like she is reported as just ducking out to the shops. She was taking a 10-20km journey on foot. I get she might have gone through the forest and off the beaten track, but the lack of sightings makes me more suspicious. Of course that’s not Saying there isnt any, they just might not be public knowledge.

Its not like she went out at night, it’s a Sunday morning, after 7am, im not sure about Ballarat, but sunday mornings near me are usually quite full of people travelling and exercising.

I agree. It’s not like she is reported as just ducking out to the shops. She was taking a 10-20km journey on foot. I get she might have gone through the forest and off the beaten track, but the lack of sightings makes me more suspicious. Of course that’s not Saying there isnt any, they just might not be public knowledge.

Its not like she went out at night, it’s a Sunday morning, after 7am, im not sure about Ballarat, but sunday mornings near me are usually quite full of people travelling and exercising.
Sunday mornings at that time are pretty quiet, especially in that part of Ballarat. It was also due to be a hot day so not many locals about

Sunday mornings at that time are pretty quiet, especially in that part of Ballarat. It was also due to be a hot day so not many locals about
That’s really good to know actually! Thank you for that. I would have though on a potentially hot day then Being out earlier in the morning for excercise and other things might be more likely.

So the possibly to go on a walk/run like that unseen is quite high? Again, that’s good to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure as media maps have it on the corner of Blains Lane ..

View attachment 482889

When this was released It took me a few moments to figure out the map direction. However with the pic of the house and another pic of the garage it wasnt hard to find.

It surprised me they put the map and the pics on public display. To me it’s pretty close to putting the address up there in bold.

Bung Sirboon disappeared without trace on a weekday in a busy suburb during peak morning activity. Very little sightings of her and this was suburbia so Sunday morning and then the bush, it’s not surprising there’s so few people coming forward.

If it’s random, I’m extremely concerned. Jetstar pilot’s downfall was the cctv at the gate so without that, I doubt he would’ve been caught. And Charlie Bezzina’s words on the ABC report regarding the timing of the missing persons unit were concerning. I hope the police have some good information they’re withholding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal