SC SC - Jamilla Smith 30 & Daniel Harmon 34, *arrested*, DV history, JS still missing, Jackson, 2 Dec 2023

AIKEN COUNTY, S.C (WACH) — The family of a missing 30-year-old Aiken County woman, who authorities believe is dead, will hold another press conference next week.

Jamilla Smith's family along with The Broken Link Foundation will hold a press conference in front of the Aiken County Courthouse on February 23 at 11:30 a.m.

AIKEN COUNTY, S.C (WACH) — The family of a missing 30-year-old Aiken County woman, who authorities believe is dead, will hold another press conference next week.

Jamilla Smith's family along with The Broken Link Foundation will hold a press conference in front of the Aiken County Courthouse on February 23 at 11:30 a.m.

Harmon is also due in court on that day.

Candlelight vigil planned for missing mother presumed dead

Friday morning, her family once again standing in front of the courthouse there demanding justice. Jamilla Smith, was last seen or heard from three months ago, her ex-boyfriend is charged with murder in the case.

“There’s no chance of her coming home, her kids won’t get to see her", said Takeithia Roberts, Jamilla Smith's cousin

"She was my twin, my joy", said Jame Smith, Jamilla's father. "Now she’s my guardian angel.”.

“How can you grieve when you don’t have anything?", said Roberts. "Yeah we know the facts, but she’s still out there somewhere.”

View attachment 488945
A prayer vigil will be held 6:30 p.m. on Saturday in Fayetteville at First Impressions Academy, 6965 Nexus Court.
Noting:

"There's a history of 911 calls that Jamilla made where she was calling for police assistance for domestic violence. we have a couple of emails that came straight from Jamilla's email. and she was begging for help," Kimberly Kite, the broken link foundation founder said.

Family members told WRAL News Smith had been trying to break up with Harmon for some time.

AIKEN, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A man has surrendered to authorities two days after they said he was wanted on a charge of accessory after the fact to the murder of Jamilla Shanae’ “Millie” Smith, according to authorities.

On Wednesday, authorities said Bryan Alexander Hampton Jr., 35, of Augusta, is wanted for accessory in the case of 30-year-old Smith’s murder.

The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office said Friday afternoon that he had turned himself in.

According to the arrest warrant authorities believe Hampton provided transportation, bought cell phones, and assisted in the disposal of Smith's body.

Research Analyst with the Broken Link Foundation Kimberly Kite revealed just how well Harmon and his accused accomplice Hampton are in relation.

"Bryan Hampton or BJ," said Kite. "He goes by BJ is the cousin of Daniel Harmon."

Hampton is suspected to appear in bond court Saturday morning at the Aiken County Jail.

AIKEN, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A man has surrendered to authorities two days after they said he was wanted on a charge of accessory after the fact to the murder of Jamilla Shanae’ “Millie” Smith, according to authorities.

On Wednesday, authorities said Bryan Alexander Hampton Jr., 35, of Augusta, is wanted for accessory in the case of 30-year-old Smith’s murder.

The Aiken County Sheriff’s Office said Friday afternoon that he had turned himself in.

According to the arrest warrant authorities believe Hampton provided transportation, bought cell phones, and assisted in the disposal of Smith's body.

Research Analyst with the Broken Link Foundation Kimberly Kite revealed just how well Harmon and his accused accomplice Hampton are in relation.

"Bryan Hampton or BJ," said Kite. "He goes by BJ is the cousin of Daniel Harmon."

Hampton is suspected to appear in bond court Saturday morning at the Aiken County Jail.
Here's to hoping that this arrest leads to finding Jamilla's body. I will take the fact that he surrendered as a good sign. MOO

“I was happy that he had turned himself in and was making some way in this case,” she said. “I had hoped that he would talk right away and tell us where my daughter was.”

“It kind of revisited the shock in the early stages and finding out what Daniel had done to my daughter, when she was reported missing,” McCraw said. McCraw said she coped by reading Millie’s Bible and has relied on God, as well as her grandchildren. “Having my grandson here has helped me to be strong for Millie,” she said.

MAY 2, 2024
46-year-old Clyde James Hendley II of Bath, South Carolina, was taken into custody Thursday morning, after investigators served a search warrant of his home on Front Street.

He is being held at the Aiken County Detention Center on the charge of Accessory after the Fact to Murder.

The warrant states that Hendley helped dispose of Jamilla’s body and other evidence of the crime.

According to the arrest warrant, between the dates of Dec. 2 and Dec. 4, Hampton did assist Daniel Harmon with the intent of assisting Harmon to avoid consequences after knowing a murder was committed.

The arrest warrant says Hampton provided transportation and cell phones to Harmon.

The arrest warrant also says Hampton assisted with the disposal of the remains of Jamilla Smith.

Hendley was arrested and charged with arson in 2009, according to the Aiken Standard.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back