SC - Michael, 3, & Alexander Smith, 14 mos, drowned in lake, Union, 25 Oct 1994

"Battered Woman Syndrome"? Give me a break.

Her two little boys were victims of "Murdered Child Syndrome", at her hand, and by her own admission.

~Case closed.

some defense lawyers will stoop to any low.
the other claims, technicalities both, at least arent offensive...........this........

I have never written to an inmate in my life....I may just have to make an exception!

But ya know what?

This actually IMO will work against her. With her attitude and unwillingness to take full responsibility for what she did....she will never get paroled;)

I am just curious as to why she is doing this after 15 years... I wonder if she doesn't have something, or better yet - SOMEONE, waiting for her on the outside...

Besides, hasn't she already claimed every other type of abuse possible? Thy jury took all that into account and still found her guilty.

i never bought her story from day one.
in oct 1989, in boston, a man called 911 and said a black man had gotten into his car, robbed him, and then shot him and his pregnant wife. (the ambulance had a camera crew from the tv show 'rescue 911' with them). the wife died shortly after, the baby was born by c-section but died later. boston cops spent weeks tearing apart black neighborhoods for the suspect'.
barley 2 months later, the husband jumped off the tobin bridge. the police were closing in on him cause his brother was ratting him out. he made the whole story about the black man up. this severely set back race relations in a city that has had a history of trouble in that regard.
as soon as i heard susan say 'the big bad black man did it' i turned to my family and said 'charles stuart.' (the name of the man in boston). but they believed her right till she confessed.
this bs story she made up is just proof to me this was pre meditated

in oct 1989, in boston, a man called 911 and said a black man had gotten into his car, robbed him, and then shot him and his pregnant wife. (the ambulance had a camera crew from the tv show 'rescue 911' with them). the wife died shortly after, the baby was born by c-section but died later. boston cops spent weeks tearing apart black neighborhoods for the suspect'.
barley 2 months later, the husband jumped off the tobin bridge. the police were closing in on him cause his brother was ratting him out. he made the whole story about the black man up. this severely set back race relations in a city that has had a history of trouble in that regard.
as soon as i heard susan say 'the big bad black man did it' i turned to my family and said 'charles stuart.' (the name of the man in boston). but they believed her right till she confessed.

I totally remember that case of the guy in Boston!

Charles Stuart was the worst kind. I remember his case well too. I can see why people would not believe Susan Smith too. It was pure bull from the beginning and caused much tension too. I can't believe she is going to stoop this low and try for the new defense of Battered Woman's Syndrome. Why does that even come into play? I can't see it. I think she is a hated woman and won't get a new trial. I remember the videos of her adorable children and it just makes me cry.
She is the abuser and not the one abused.

I bet she has met someone. Why try this many years later for a new trial. Something has to be the driving force in her mind. It smells of a man.

Here is a link on the Stuart case from Time Magazine if anyone is interested. What a story that was and still is.

http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19900122,00.html

Goz

i can imagine that if stuart hadnt offed himself, he would have made some 'friends' behind bars and wouldnt have lasted long anyways...he did more then just create a hoax like susan smith did, he created a racial and political firestorm.
at least in south carolina the police didnt turn into the gestappo like it did in boston.
but her lawyer had the gall to claim back in 94/95 that 'if she'd seen a white guy in the street first she would have blamed him.' yeah right.
this battered womans defense is pathetic........besides the fact it makes no sense (she didnt kill her husband for christs sake) where was this claim in 94? making stuff up 15 plus years later isnt gonna get her anywhere

When SS stood in front of the media cameras with her husband and wouldn't even look up I said to myself something is wrong here. That gut feeling turned out to be true. I would also like to know *why* now. The only reason she murdered those precious boys was for her own selfish reasons. If she is granted a new trial the outcome will be the same. I for one hope she will never have freedom again. I wish I knew why these kinds of people think they can justify why they killed.

Hello WS :)

That was fifteen years ago? Wow. She was one of the very first "mother kills child" cases that I was aware of in my life. I admit I only know what I saw in the media(for what that's worth) and I know nothing more of this case.

...jmo...

me too...i will never forget my dad raging at the TV because they were filming the car being towed away and hadn't covered it and he swears he could see the children in the car. omg, he was pissed at the disrespect to those babies!!!

regarding her request, i hope they tell her tough crap lady...

I read a book about that guy a long time ago. All I can remember is he had something to do with furs? and he was also reportedly depressed because he had to wear a colostomy bag because of his self-inflicted wound. :loser:

ETA: Susan Smith struck me as acting odd when she was in front of the cameras, however, she looked so, I don't know what word to use, homely? dowdy? mousy?, that I was on the fence about her.

I don't think that she should ever be let out, because she murdered her own two children that never gotten a chance to grow up. What made me even more angry is that from what I remember & what the user kbl8201 was talking about (I was only 12 back when this happened), she even tried to frame an innocent African-American man for something that SHE did or something. Ugh. That's very disgraceful beyond belief, because I too, happen to be an African-American man. It's people like her that are the reason why here are so many racial tensions today & why so many innocent men of my race are sitting in prisons today, blaming them for things that they didn't even do! All trying to make them look bad when there are so many of them like myself that aren't bad to begin with:(.

People like her ought to be hanged just for that alone:furious:.

Hmm...Susan Smith wants a new trial??

Her kids aren't getting anything new.

Unfair huh? Whattheeffever! What is unfair is David Smith losing his sons. What is unfair is the fact that he stood by her and supported the woman who killed them. Unfair is the fact that there should be an 18 year old high school senior ready to take on adult life and another young man of 16 enjoying life as a kid. Instead they drowned strapped in car seats.

The news article says "A Union County prosecutor says Susan Smith's request for a new trial is too late and likely won't hold up in court. "

Is it too late or wont hold up in court?

I am in total agreement with her request for a new trial. The DP could be put back on the table. The media is much more aggressive and 24-7 oriented. I imagine we would get a much better glimpse of her true personality. The little boys will never get justice, because there is no justice when a mother kills her own. That is too horrendous. However, we might enjoy watching her squirm!!! JMHO

I say she needs the kids approval for a new trial, so when her kids have the chance to speak she can have her chance...oh right...they can't...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back