SC - Michael, 3, & Alexander Smith, 14 mos, drowned in lake, Union, 25 Oct 1994

She hasn't changed a bit. Her prison sentence has not made a dent in her sociopathy (whatta shock, I know).

A journalist in an article I read wrote it so simply, "She has nothing better to do so why not request a new trial."
DISGUSTING!!

A journalist in an article I read wrote it so simply, "She has nothing better to do so why not request a new trial."
DISGUSTING!!

Im trying to wrap my brain around this, and I keep revisiting this thread. I really don't want to come across as crazy, but i'm trying to just figure out, does she think life will be oh so great when she's out? she is PROBABLY the MOST hated female in these parts. SO she gets out and thinks that people will be ok with the fact she killed her children? does she think she will be safe? happy? able to go on with life? It's just frustrating :( and I agree with the poster aboves reference to a journalist, why not? she has nothing better to do...smh...:(

Gee, her incarceration is unfair? Okay, then let's be fair...let's be one hundred percent old school Biblically fair with her. Lets strap her in a big metal box with wheels and roll it into a lake, and then let's stand there until the bubbles stop coming up and then we can run screaming up the road to the media that a big scary man stole Susan Smith...that would be fair.
Guess what, Battered Woman's Syndrome might have been a new concept when she went to prison, but it isn't now. The public knows that battered women don't typically kill their kids because they are afraid that their husbands will kill them. Not that I think that had anything to do with what she did, but if she's going to try and use it, at least use it right... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Im trying to wrap my brain around this, and I keep revisiting this thread. I really don't want to come across as crazy, but i'm trying to just figure out, does she think life will be oh so great when she's out? she is PROBABLY the MOST hated female in these parts. SO she gets out and thinks that people will be ok with the fact she killed her children? does she think she will be safe? happy? able to go on with life? It's just frustrating :( and I agree with the poster aboves reference to a journalist, why not? she has nothing better to do...smh...:(

how far do you consider 'around these parts' if you got as south as florida i think there's a female in orlando who gives susan a run for the money..

the irony is smith is up for parole in 5 years thanks to the jury decided her boys were only worth 10 years each.

I think you can just say she can meet up with a man named OJ and live in her psychopathic world very happily.

i never bought her story from day one.
in oct 1989, in boston, a man called 911 and said a black man had gotten into his car, robbed him, and then shot him and his pregnant wife. (the ambulance had a camera crew from the tv show 'rescue 911' with them). the wife died shortly after, the baby was born by c-section but died later. boston cops spent weeks tearing apart black neighborhoods for the suspect'.
barley 2 months later, the husband jumped off the tobin bridge. the police were closing in on him cause his brother was ratting him out. he made the whole story about the black man up. this severely set back race relations in a city that has had a history of trouble in that regard.
as soon as i heard susan say 'the big bad black man did it' i turned to my family and said 'charles stuart.' (the name of the man in boston). but they believed her right till she confessed.
this bs story she made up is just proof to me this was pre meditated
I could tell her tears were fake, there was just something phony about her demeanor. I immediately turned to my husband and said,"she's lying!"

Susan Smith wants a new trial

Well I sincerely hope someone told her NO!
IMO she's lucky to even be alive and if by some stroke of a miracle she does get a new trial, I hope that jury finds her guilty as well and sentences her to death.
I'm fairly sure that can't happen...but one can wish, right?

I am in total agreement with her request for a new trial. The DP could be put back on the table. The media is much more aggressive and 24-7 oriented. I imagine we would get a much better glimpse of her true personality. The little boys will never get justice, because there is no justice when a mother kills her own. That is too horrendous. However, we might enjoy watching her squirm!!! JMHO
(bolding mine)

:confused: As far as I know, if the initial jury rejected the DP, during a retrial the state cannot ask for it again. MOO

the irony is smith is up for parole in 5 years thanks to the jury decided her boys were only worth 10 years each.
She will be eligible for parole on Nov. 4, 2024, after serving a minimum of 30 yrs. :)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith[/ame]

My heart and prayers are with David Smith right now. He deserves whatever peace he can come by and this turn of events must be upsetting to say the least. I admire him becasue I do not know how he kept going, but he did. His pain has to be unbearable at times.

I guess Susan has decided she's spent enough time in prison, well the state of South Carolina feels differently. Settle in Susan, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Judge to Throw Out Susan Smith's Appeal

http://www.wyff4.com/news/22707073/detail.html

A judge said he plans to throw out the appeal of a Union County woman sentenced to life in prison for drowning her two young children unless she comes up with a better reason why she waited 13 years to make the request.

I beiieve I read that she has had some girlfriends in prison.

In her handwritten appeal, she says that she was not read her Miranda Rights when the police questioned her early in the investigation. Early in the investigation? Like, right after she lied and said a black man had taken her babies? I remember seeing that comical stereotype of a composite and thinking, "Oh, dear, she's done something to the kids."

Jul 23 2015, 11:17 am ET

Susan Smith, Mother Who Killed Kids: 'Something Went Very Wrong That Night'

by Elizabeth Chuck

The South Carolina mother who confessed to killing her two young sons more than two decades ago has written a letter from behind bars explaining that "something went very wrong that night."

Susan Smith, 43, was convicted in 1995 of murdering 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex by strapping them into their car seats in her burgundy Mazda and then letting her car roll into a lake in the mill town of Union, where she lived.

Wednesday marked the twentieth anniversary of her conviction. Prosecutors pushed for Smith to receive the death penalty, but she was sentenced to life in prison...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...killed-kids-something-went-very-wrong-n397051

Jul 23 2015, 11:17 am ET

Susan Smith, Mother Who Killed Kids: 'Something Went Very Wrong That Night'

by Elizabeth Chuck

The South Carolina mother who confessed to killing her two young sons more than two decades ago has written a letter from behind bars explaining that "something went very wrong that night."

Susan Smith, 43, was convicted in 1995 of murdering 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex by strapping them into their car seats in her burgundy Mazda and then letting her car roll into a lake in the mill town of Union, where she lived.

Wednesday marked the twentieth anniversary of her conviction. Prosecutors pushed for Smith to receive the death penalty, but she was sentenced to life in prison...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...killed-kids-something-went-very-wrong-n397051

She's just craving the attention that Jodi Arias and other killers have been receiving recently. Better we forget about this monster baby killer. What went wrong was that she got caught lying after she planned and got rid of her sons for a man who didn't want kids!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt
Back