GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

Here’s a vid that shows the skid marks. What is also very clear is the flat, open, recently mowed terrain. How the h*ll does a sober AG and local sheriff walking around with flashlights miss a body along that road? How “early” did he go back the next day- shocked to find a body? What was the victim wearing that would have blended so well into mowed grass? None of AG JR’s story seems credible to me. Moo
Video: See where a fatal crash involving AG Ravnsborg occurred

Yeah, it's pretty clear he called his fixer and they came up with that explanation and he might get away with it it too...

The article I read at the link above said he didn't call 911 until later, could be a reporting error.

Looks like there is some disagreement about the reporting/calling 911. From your link above.

I'd really like to know if this hit and run happened on the nearby reservation and if the victim was NA. There are odd and sometimes unfortunate ways the law is applied (or isn't) WRT Native Americans who are victims of crimes at the hands of white people.

Savanna's Act passes US House, heads to Donald Trump's desk

Hi Betty! Many articles have the time of the accident at 10:30 pm stating that Ravnsborg called at that time. We know the Sheriff lent him his car. A few articles early on had Ravnsborg going to the Sheriff’s home (nearby) but have not seen one stating that it was his personal car.

At any rate, it is bizarre that neither Ravnsborg nor the Sheriff were able to locate the victim that evening. Nearly implausible, in fact.

I read elsewhere that the extensive windshield damage indicates Boever was possibly embedded there. Allowing Ravnsborg to go home allowed him to destroy evidence from his clothing (moving a body would be messy) as well as waiting out blood alcohol levels. Some of Ravnborg's political defenders state that the long skidmarks are from Boevers accident. Not true, Boever's accident was cataloged by the Argus's video and his truck was a half mile away from the skids. The green paint indicates where evidence was found including Boever's blood. And this is well off the road. Sadly the Sheriff allowed him time to tamper with evidence and probably even helped. Even so, the evidence is just damning. I think the fact that they haven't levied charges yet is a good thing; it means they are preparing meticulously. In any event, a wrongful death suit will be coming. The state would be wise to do everything right to not be a part of it. But if there was a criminal conspiracy to exonerate the AG, then that will be revealed when the governor settles out of court with the victim's family and an NDA is enforced.

Note: SD laws do tend to favor drivers over pedestrians, but failing to render aid, hiding a body, etc., renders that moot. Ravnsborg panicked and now has little to exculpate his actions. Everything he did was by plan to avoid accountability judging from his actions.

Last edited:
I read elsewhere that the extensive windshield damage indicates Boever was possibly embedded there. Allowing Ravnsborg to go home allowed him to destroy evidence from his clothing (moving a body would be messy) as well as waiting out blood alcohol levels. Some of Ravnborg's political defenders state that the long skidmarks are from Boevers accident. Not true, Boever's accident was cataloged by the Argus's video and his truck was a half mile away from the skids. The green paint indicates where evidence was found including Boever's blood. And this is well off the road. Sadly the Sheriff allowed him time to tamper with evidence and probably even helped. Even so, the evidence is just damning. I think the fact that they haven't levied charges yet is a good thing; it means they are preparing meticulously. In any event, a wrongful death suit will be coming. The state would be wise to do everything right to not be a part of it. But if there was a criminal conspiracy to exonerate the AG, then that will be revealed when the governor settles out of court with the victim's family and an NDA is enforced.

Note: SD laws do tend to favor drivers over pedestrians, but failing to render aid, hiding a body, etc., renders that moot. Ravnsborg panicked and now has little to exculpate his actions. Everything he did was by plan to avoid accountability judging from his actions.
Great post @Sparko; welcome to WS! I’m waiting to see Ravnsborg charged, but wondering what charges the sheriff faces. Screams cover-up. Mo

Regardless of how this case proceeds, it is interesting (and sobering) to see (yet again, imo) how those in power appear to enjoy certain privileges when they have a working relationship with others in power. IMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Ravnsborg killed Boever around 10:30 pm & drove home in the sheriff’s personal car. The killer returned to his scene the following morning to “find” Boever’s body. After which Ravnsborg claims he “fully cooperated” with the investigation by providing a blood sample & providing statements. No alcohol testing or investigation of this fatality was done the night Boever was fatally hit.
South Dakota attorney general now says he found body of man he hit with car and killed

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears (imo) that the AG left the event around 10:30pm and was driving down a fairly dark road at a high rate of speed, possibly distracted by: 1. Dozing off perhaps a little sleepy/alcohol in system (can no longer be proven/disproven) or 2. He was on his phone (can be proven/disproven.. eventually)
Then veers off the road and hits something. Wrong place at the wrong time.

AG stops car...headlights should still be on. Why would he turn them off? Even if one was smashed in an accident, the other side should work. He stated that he used his cell phone flashlight... This makes no sense....

He then states he couldn't find anything so he calls the sheriff.. would this have been a personal call to a personal phone number? (This too can be proven or disproven eventually)

Sheriff then comes to check it out and help. He too can't find anything, while using HIS CELL PHONE flashlight.....It is after hearing this, that ANYONE with even mid level understanding should begin to question the entire narrative that is currently being propogated.

Again, imo.

It appears (imo) that the AG left the event around 10:30pm and was driving down a fairly dark road at a high rate of speed, possibly distracted by: 1. Dozing off perhaps a little sleepy/alcohol in system (can no longer be proven/disproven) or 2. He was on his phone (can be proven/disproven.. eventually)

AG stops car...headlights should still be on. Why would he turn them off? Even if one was smashed in an accident, the other side should work. He stated that he used his cell phone flashlight... This makes no sense....

He then states he couldn't find anything so he calls the sheriff.. would this have been a personal call to a personal phone number? (This too can be proven or disproven eventually)

Sheriff then comes to check it out and help. He too can't find anything, while using HIS CELL PHONE flashlight.....It is after hearing this, that ANYONE with even mid level understanding should begin to question the entire narrative that is currently being propogated.

Again, imo.

I don't see the significance of turning off his headlights. I do find it strange that the sheriff didn't have a flashlight. Also, I think, at the least, he would have driven the route with his headlights on. He may have but it hasn't been reported.

Again, imo.
Ita- very questionable narrative from the start. May the truth prevail in a transparent, high-integrity investigation. And justice for Mr. Boever. Mo

While I agree with much, I don't agree that the body was "embedded", and that someone by themselves removed or that two people later did.

The physicality to do such, and doing such with potential drive by of others or leaving such to go get help to do... doesn't make logical sense to me. MOO

While I agree with much, I don't agree that the body was "embedded", and that someone by themselves removed or that two people later did.

The physicality to do such, and doing such with potential drive by of others or leaving such to go get help to do... doesn't make logical sense to me. MOO
I agree that that while it sounds a little far-fetched, the windshield has a body-shaped impression and a hole where Mr. Boever's head unfortunately penetrated through. He and the sheriff might have been able to move the body around. We are unfortunately left with the less-than-ideal scenario of having mostly an alibi around which to build some truth--I think Ravnsborg has changed and edited key details to protect himself. I hate to think that Mr. Boever was left to die without aid, but that is another scenario. The autopsy will have much to say about that.

33278498-8741477-He_said_the_red_Ford_Taurus_had_a_huge_hole_in_the_passenger_sid-m-26_1600301869646.jpg

I agree that that while it sounds a little far-fetched, the windshield has a body-shaped impression and a hole where Mr. Boever's head unfortunately penetrated through. He and the sheriff might have been able to move the body around. We are unfortunately left with the less-than-ideal scenario of having mostly an alibi around which to build some truth--I think Ravnsborg has changed and edited key details to protect himself. I hate to think that Mr. Boever was left to die without aid, but that is another scenario. The autopsy will have much to say about that.

This is a repost. I asked for a link for "a hole where Mr. Boever's headed penetrated through". If it is wrong to ask for a link, mods please remove.

posts 53 and 54 have pictures of the car involved in killing Mr. Boever. There is a sizable hole on the passenger side of the windshield.
Doesn't tell me what part of body made the hole if any did.

Referencing your link... That hole is horrible. Ravnsborg also stated that all he could see with his phone flashlight were “car parts strewn across the road”. But in these photos all I see is the large gaping hole in the passenger-side window. The bumper & rear-view mirrors appear intact. So what was strewn? Two hundred feet of skid marks. Streaks and a pool of blood 2’ from the edge of the road. We all know what causes blood to pool. How could ANYONE not see that man lying there, either killed on impact or in desperate need of ambulance?! Moo

Referencing your link... That hole is horrible. Ravnsborg also stated that all he could see with his phone flashlight were “car parts strewn across the road”. But in these photos all I see is the large gaping hole in the passenger-side window. The bumper & rear-view mirrors appear intact. So what was strewn? Two hundred feet of skid marks. Streaks and a pool of blood 2’ from the edge of the road. We all know what causes blood to pool. How could ANYONE not see that man lying there, either killed on impact or in desperate need of ambulance?! Moo

It's hard to see parts spread out on the highway since no photo's in the link show the highway after the accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back