Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that Benedo is the latin/Italian word meaning blessing? GB looks italian to me, but who knows??
I think it (Benedo) was just a variation on my maiden name. I don't believe GB was Italian. Most Italians I have known are much warmer and more outgoing.

Hi All,

I don't know if this has been brought up (if it has, my apologies), is the mole on Anna's cheek. This would have been the main identifing factor that people would have been looking for when looking at little blonde girls. GW may have removed the mole, after all, he was a doctor and it would have been a very minor procedure. So Anna may not have a mole any more but a small scar instead. Both G were very careful to cover small details. I also remember reading somewhere about someone being in the childrens hospital and it was thought to be GB, but why would an adult be in the childrens hospital?

Just a thought.

Hi All,

I don't know if this has been brought up (if it has, my apologies), is the mole on Anna's cheek. This would have been the main identifing factor that people would have been looking for when looking at little blonde girls. GW may have removed the mole, after all, he was a doctor and it would have been a very minor procedure. So Anna may not have a mole any more but a small scar instead. Both G were very careful to cover small details. I also remember reading somewhere about someone being in the childrens hospital and it was thought to be GB, but why would an adult be in the childrens hospital?

Just a thought.
The main thing about the mole was that some sites had it on the wrong side of her face. The children's hospital situation was that it is a large medical complex including several facilities where GW was working at the time...the fact that the billing was done through the children's hospital part doesn't seem to have any particular significance. Very good of you to have our backs, OzzieMum, so that we get a fresh look at all this.

Hi Annasmom,

I don't get a lot of time to do research, but there is not a day that goes by since I started to read about Anna that I don't think about her and you and your family. So I hope you don't mind if I throw my ideas in from time to time.

I understand the feeling of not knowing what happened to a loved one. My stepdaughter died 12 and a half years ago (she had just turned 16) and we have never had a resolution. Unbelievably, today we have had a call from the police to tell us that the homicide squad have been re-investigating her case for the last 6 weeks. We have a meeting on Tuesday as they would not tell her father over the phone what they have found. We think it's a DNA hit, but not sure (we did alway know this could be a possibility, but it's a shock when it actually happens). NOT a good day today. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Love and prayers

Hi Annasmom,

I don't get a lot of time to do research, but there is not a day that goes by since I started to read about Anna that I don't think about her and you and your family. So I hope you don't mind if I throw my ideas in from time to time.

I understand the feeling of not knowing what happened to a loved one. My stepdaughter died 12 and a half years ago (she had just turned 16) and we have never had a resolution. Unbelievably, today we have had a call from the police to tell us that the homicide squad have been re-investigating her case for the last 6 weeks. We have a meeting on Tuesday as they would not tell her father over the phone what they have found. We think it's a DNA hit, but not sure (we did alway know this could be a possibility, but it's a shock when it actually happens). NOT a good day today. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Love and prayers
OzzieMum, you will be in our thoughts. I am sorry you have to wait until Tuesday to find out about this. I know it is hard. Hugs to you.

Thanks Annasmom.

Unfortunately, unlike Anna's case, there is nothing positive that can come out of re-opening Alana's case. Nothing can bring her back and this is just going to open old wounds, after we had finally come to terms with it. And more frightening is that we still may not get any answers. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lye.

Hugs to you too.

I know this has been asked before, but it has always bothered me so asking again. The people who were working on or around the farm. The horse people, or others who worked on or around the farm. how extensively were they interviewed after Anna's disappearance? Was there anyone who was new to working on or around the farm, that Anna would have not known well, but felt wasn't a stranger because she saw them on a regular basis? Any 'friends' that these workers befriended shortly before Anna's disappearance, who may have dropped out of sight about the time she disappeared? (I can easily see a child being comfortable with a stranger who was a 'friend' of someone they didn't perceive as a stranger. if that makes sense. ) Maybe not someone who actually worked there, but someone who accompanied them to the farm a few times thus would have seen Anna? Easily knew of her name based on that association who could have stole her? It just seems as an unanswered nagging question to me, that perhaps an associate of someone who worked on or around the farm may have stolen Anna.

Hi Cubby,

Just to add to what you have posted, a child's perception of what a stranger is can vary. At 5 years old, it is not out of the question that a person that they have met only once would not be considered a 'stranger'. For example, the couple in the car that tried to get Anna to go with them a couple of weeks earlier would only have to say "you remember us, we spoke to you when you were walking down the road with your brother".

So you are quite right, it may have been someone that was associated with a worker at the farm or even a previous employee or someone that had just been to the farm for any reason.

Annasmon, do you remember anyone coming to the farm in the weeks prior to Anna's disappearance that may have shown an unusual interest in Anna.

Hi Cubby,

Just to add to what you have posted, a child's perception of what a stranger is can vary. At 5 years old, it is not out of the question that a person that they have met only once would not be considered a 'stranger'. For example, the couple in the car that tried to get Anna to go with them a couple of weeks earlier would only have to say "you remember us, we spoke to you when you were walking down the road with your brother".

So you are quite right, it may have been someone that was associated with a worker at the farm or even a previous employee or someone that had just been to the farm for any reason.

Annasmon, do you remember anyone coming to the farm in the weeks prior to Anna's disappearance that may have shown an unusual interest in Anna.
We had almost nothing to do with the horse people, motorcycle people and hunt club which used the property, so certainly we can't rule out the possibility you and Cubby mention, but also I can't think of anyone who wasn't questioned at the time. There were lots of people up and down the dirt road (perpendicular to Purisima Creek Road) which ran past our house.

had posted in the questions for anna thread.
but perhaps better to post here then there, so i deleted that posting and ill ask here instead.

i have spent sometime, few hours looking through the threads for some visual aids from that day...i really, have not found anything.

i really want to know, if there is a photo or link showing the area from that day from the air.

she came home on that Tuesday, changed clothes, went outside to play, and vanished.........i want to see what that backyard/area looked like from the air.....

any help from anyone on this will be greatly appreciated.....thank you in advance.

had posted in the questions for anna thread.

but perhaps better to post here then there, so i deleted that posting and ill ask here instead.

i have spent sometime, few hours looking through the threads for some visual aids from that day...i really, have not found anything.

i really want to know, if there is a photo or link showing the area from that day from the air.

she came home on that Tuesday, changed clothes, went outside to play, and vanished.........i want to see what that backyard/area looked like from the air.....

any help from anyone on this will be greatly appreciated.....thank you in advance.

Welcome to Anna's forum, Mr. TT. You asked if there is a photo showing the area from that day. I'm not sure we will ever find an aerial photo from 1973, but this link shows what the farm looks like today.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...-122.381628&spn=0.001423,0.00427&z=18&iwloc=A

Here is a drawing of the yard where Anna went missing from...

Attachments

• House%20map.jpg
    House%20map.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17
Jaycee Lee Dugard: Missing California girl found after 18 years
August 27th, 2009 - 10:47 pm
<snipped>
Jaycee Lee Dugard, an 11-year-old girl who was abducted from a school bus stop in 1991, has been found safely, according to local media reports.

Captain McConnell from the Antioch police department said that a girl walked into one of their stations, but did not know her identity. Dugard’s stepfather told a local television station that the “people responsible” for the abduction had been arrested.

A spokesman for the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office told BNO News that a news conference was planned for 6 p.m. EDT. A press release was expected before noon EDT.

Article:
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/jaycee-lee-dugard-missing-california-girl-found-after-18-years_100239105.html

Anna's situation may be different, but Jaycee did not recall her identity even though she was older and had been abducted for a shorter time.

BTW: I will be going to the press conference today. I will give a report back tomorrow.

Thanks to the expert research by SherlockJr, I had information at the press conference that the media and LE did not have. I gave the website info for Garrido's cult church that Maureen found to the Sheriff's department, and then several reporters followed me out to the parking lot and began to interview me about where did I get that information. The LA Times, the NY Times, CNN all asked me who the hell I was. I explained that I was just an amatuer crime researcher and that I primarily looked into Anna's case. Hopefully, some of them will contact me and ask additional questions about Anna.

(I called SherlockJr right after the conference and congratulated her on "scooping" the big time media! All I can say is "Damn, we are good!" LOL)

Whoo hoo Doug! I hope we might be seeing you on one of their news casts! You can't see me but I was cheering with my arms up YEA! whoo hoo!

Awesome SherlockJR! You two are the best!

Video of press conference: http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=80924

(When the camera pulls back and you can see the audience, I am the rather large bald guy filling up most of screen - LOL.)

As soon as I saw you on the video, I grabbed my sunglasses!

As far as Garrido, looks like his first offense was in 1976. Can anyone find a photo or mugshot of him back then?

This is great news for the Dugard family. Makes you want to pull up google earth and search for other places with similiar backyards.

1976 was the first year I have been able to find for Girrado's first convicted offense. I think he was offending before he was caught in 76.

As soon as I saw you on the video, I grabbed my sunglasses!

As far as Garrido, looks like his first offense was in 1976. Can anyone find a photo or mugshot of him back then?

This is great news for the Dugard family. Makes you want to pull up google earth and search for other places with similiar backyards.

An interview with Ron Garrido, Phillip's brother, in this morning's San Francisco Chronicle says that Phillip was convicted of rape and kidnapping in 1971 after "taking a woman prisoner in Reno and assaulting her somewhere else in the Tahoe area." At the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., Phillip met his wife, a niece of another prisoner. She was visiting. The two wrote letters to each other and were married at the prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv