Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM:

That's the same thing I thought Lin. Sad to say the least, and to this day her Grandma more than likely still believes the killers lies. How she (JA) sleeps at night is beyond me. How will she feel when she is told a family member has passed and she can't say goodbye? There are so many things she gave up, and for what... jealousy, the fear of being exposed, she is pure evil! The ones sending the butcheress money can't be that naïve, or can they? My brain is numb from thinking about it and I sincerely hope she is never free to hurt anyone again.

I honestly don't think she feels very sentimental about her family. And her actions all along speak to that. I mean, she staged a robbery at her grandparents' house, fgs. The relatives who had repeatedly taken her in and back, who clearly don't have lots of money, and who are elderly and likely felt unsafe after having someone kick down a door to their house and having a gun stolen. What a gal.

OK, I went back to the book thread and found this from Nurmi:
L "recalls" a suitor - lived in Missouri- worked on farm- around 60 years old - he was "thrilled" she called him "This man would tell her how he had a room for her once she got out of jail"

L said he had sexual interest in her "and she knew it"- would "feign interest in him and without fail he would eventually ask .. if she needed anything"- she pretended she was OK-she made it feel as if she "was practically doing him a favor by allowing him to send her money...or..book. In this regard, she was amazing" (pg. 104) L said it was "so pathetic"

BK's entries now show last names and cities, btw. In the deposits that are listed from 12/12/12 to 4/13/13 this guy made the following donations (don't think he's the wealthy guy that had her in his will) $20, $20, $50, $15 & $20. Probably sent her what he could every week or so. Guy needs to get off the farm....

Hope4More, thanks for the LV info - I knew that name/city rang a bell!

OK, I went back to the book thread and found this from Nurmi:

BK's entries now show last names and cities, btw. In the deposits that are listed from 12/12/12 to 4/13/13 this guy made the following donations (don't think he's the wealthy guy that had her in his will) $20, $20, $50, $15 & $20. Probably sent her what he could every week or so. Guy needs to get off the farm....

Hope4More, thanks for the LV info - I knew that name/city rang a bell!

I can't get on BK site.. awaiting approval. Did one of the names happen to be initials S.J. (not Simon J.) The one I am thinking of lives in Vegas.

LOL. The rabbits are safe. What is there to explain about the roommates in that scenario?

And BTW about a piece of the new info that clicked into place---it sounds possible she wanted to rent a white car because that was the color of the car belonging to the one roommate she likely knew about.

Oh, so it was more than just white is "non-descript"? Lots of people own white cars, if it wasn't the same type, how was she going to pin that on the roommate?

There was also the "wealthy" man that died and "allegedly" left the butcheress in his will (that was proven untrue by his family) and he was NOT even remotely wealthy, lived in an apartment and had very little according to the family... D.A. from Nebraska? Was he on the list of contributors to her snack fund? TIA.

I'm not sure what to make of Dallin's interview regarding the closet. He was in shock...says he stepped over something but couldn't remember what.
Martinez was at the crime scene later and walked through the closet to get to the shower. Didn't say he had to step over anything. He reports the closet very "organized and orderly".

The pictures taken that day also reveal no clutter

attachment.php

Maybe Dallin had to step over that bench??

Thanks for saying this. I'm getting fed up with this tactic, too. I'm especially fed up with posters claiming that since TA used the addict word, he must be an addict. And then magically turning it into a major character flaw. Ummm....NO. Leaps of logic everywhere.

And none of it gave Jodi an excuse to slaughter anyone, manipulate anyone, or stalk anyone.

Thanks again, pocketaccent. I'm about to bail from this forum because the tone of the comments has become very strident in the last couple of weeks or so.

BBM. Agreed, and as I recently pointed out, addiction is not the only word his crowd misused- they also called him a sociopath for how he treated Jodi, when in reality she was a sociopath!!

Hi madmello

In his book, Martinez said in one box in the Cobalt they found "two kitchen knives" but no details on how big...

Pretty sure without knowing, that they'd be closer to butcher knives than bread and butter knives.

RBBM:

That's the same thing I thought Lin. Sad to say the least, and to this day her Grandma more than likely still believes the killers lies. How she (JA) sleeps at night is beyond me. How will she feel when she is told a family member has passed and she can't say goodbye? There are so many things she gave up, and for what... jealousy, the fear of being exposed, she is pure evil! The ones sending the butcheress money can't be that naïve, or can they? My brain is numb from thinking about it and I sincerely hope she is never free to hurt anyone again.

She'll probably only be sad that Grammy's money stop flowing, not over her actual death- oh and maybe the fact that she isn't free to be at the funeral.

There was also the "wealthy" man that died and "allegedly" left the butcheress in his will (that was proven untrue by his family) and he was NOT even remotely wealthy, lived in an apartment and had very little according to the family... D.A. from Nebraska? Was he on the list of contributors to her snack fund? TIA.

I can't get on BK site.. awaiting approval. Did one of the names happen to be initials S.J. (not Simon J.) The one I am thinking of lives in Vegas.

No, neither of these were on it - other than family, I only recognized 2 names. Ray C and Ben E. None of the 'supporters' names you normally see are on it...

Someone was looking for the pic of the killer posing with mans shirt on and a guys head in the pic.. here ya' go, and I also have another that some may not have seen before. Will post if anyone wants to see it. Sorry for posting her nasty pic, but found it in my files.

spl535795_012.jpg

No, neither of these were on it - other than family, I only recognized 2 names. Ray C and Ben E. None of the 'supporters' names you normally see are on it...

I know these 2 names. Possibly the other names will come later.. Did you ever see Ray? He is the one who cut his hair to donate because the butcheress said she did. LOL. Did the name Steve have a last initial? TIA.

Someone was looking for the pic of the killer posing with mans shirt on and a guys head in the pic.. here ya' go, and I also have another that some may not have seen before. Will post if anyone wants to see it. Sorry for posting her nasty pic, but found it in my files.

attachment.php

I see evil cloned in this picture, like a two-headed monster!!!

I see evil cloned in this picture, like a two-headed monster!!!

GRACE: Next tidbit that I know, Alexander asks Arias to wear his shirt with engraved cufflinks -- his engraved cufflinks so he can see his initials while she performs oral sex on him.

Yes, I see the two headed monster, and I wonder who and what that guy was doing on his knees, hmmm. Maybe it's where she got that lie from, only reversed roles?

GRACE: Next tidbit that I know, Alexander asks Arias to wear his shirt with engraved cufflinks -- his engraved cufflinks so he can see his initials while she performs oral sex on him.

Yes, I see the two headed monster, and I wonder who and what that guy was doing on his knees, hmmm. Maybe it's where she got that lie from, only reversed roles?

Yeah, that doesn't look like Travis' hair. Thanks for posting the pic, CA. :)

Yeah, that doesn't look like Travis' hair. Thanks for posting the pic, CA. :)

No it doesn't geevee, and you're welcome my dear. The other pic I have of her she is lying on the floor with legs partially in the air, looking backwards. So someone had to have been standing over her to capture the pic. The pics seem to appear a little more professional than others we have seen. What was she in to, I have guesses but no proof.... YET. :thinking:

Hi higherlove

Based on the pattern of their toxic relationship, I truly don't. He told his best friend about the May 26 argument. The friend asked if he was afraid. Travis said "no she's a psycho but she's harmless."
I suspect she called, he saw her number and returned her calls. She's a sociopath. Not many people have the tools to deal with such highly manipulative people. Once he calls I'm guessing she either starts babbling about some made up problem she needs his help with or turns up the flattery . Maybe phone sex? Maybe she heard enough from asking him questions to satisfy herself that if she were to go through with her plan that he'd be home, not out of town or have guests for some reason.

He had a history of NOT responding to her interventions to get contact. This had been true for months. If you look at the pattern of text messages, you'll see that it was Jodi who did most of the initiating, and often there would be no response.

I know these 2 names. Possibly the other names will come later.. Did you ever see Ray? He is the one who cut his hair to donate because the butcheress said she did. LOL. Did the name Steve have a last initial? TIA.
Better than initial...think of an AZ senator that was a POW.
Yes, I remembered who Ray is when I saw the name. At least he puts his money where his mouth is, unlike the rest of 'em.

Better than initial...think of an AZ senator that was a POW.
Yes, I remembered who Ray is when I saw the name. At least he puts his money where his mouth is, unlike the rest of 'em.

Oh hell to the yell. Off to look at something. Yep, he did I remember the pics of him at intervals during the cut. Thanks.

I agree with rickshaw, in fact, Jodi's mo in this crime is exactly like that of male intimate partner homicides. They often use more than one weapon, knife slashing is very common, and the prolong the crime like Jodi did , first using sex, then taking shower pics, to lull the victim into a kind of security. But also, the killers get off on the build up . I was surprised that the prosecution did not have a forensic research expert on DV to point that out (and to counter AVL), I can send a link to some on line research if anyone wants it. I was also curious why they didn't do an assessment for psychopathy ie psychopath, other than it is expensive and highly specialized.

Regarding the "psychopath" topic, there must have been a strategic reason for not going there. Jodi's BFF DeVault also had the death penalty on the table, and DeMarte was a prosecution witness. DeMarte did raise the sociopathy topic in that case, so we know as a general rule she can diagnose sociopathy, but for some reason didn't in Jodi's case.

I'm thinking for PP2, even if there was new evidence for a diagnosis of sociopathy, there was a strategic reason for sticking only with borderline. I'm thinking JM knew the DT would want to do a slap-down of DeMarte, and in doing so would undermine the concept that Jodi had some kind of mental unusualness, which was one of her mitigators. That's pretty much what went down.

Good point about the manipulation of a victim during an extended crime, and how a person like Jodi would get off on it. You've gotta be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member