Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Juan didn't press her for specific info on who came to her rescue with enough fuel to get her back on the road to a gas station so he could expose THAT lie, too.

Does anyone know if there are any receipts for gas between Tesoro in SLC, UT and Redding, CA where she returned the rental car?

Wasn't there a receipt for gas in Winnemucca?

Lol, maybe. This says she actually was supposed to take medication, so court wouldn't be canceled back then.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/27/ijvm.01.html

Antidepressants, tranquilizers, AND migraine meds. Geesh.

I'm telling ya nothing is going to maximize her frontal lobe to any good use.

This is curious. I thought that's how I remembered it, but then during allocution time JSS asked her if she was on medication, and she said no. This was a "bad" answer, since it meant either that she wasn't compliant with her meds regimen or JSS was insinuating she should be on meds.

I don't think we've ever straightened out whether "migraine" just meant "cramps" during the trial and the judge and DT were all being polite.

At what moment during the ALV cross did JA have a medicine-required incident? She was just trying to get ALV off the hook? She actually thought about someone else's needs? Not possible.

Why wouldn't he sell her the car before it was ruined? He already had the Prius. He was trying to help her IMO. When she ruined it he considered it hers, that she still owed him for. He was then nice enough to help her by contacting a lawyer to try and get a way for insurance to fix it for her, not him.
It makes no sense to ruin a car she could use once her car was repoed. She needed it. Not only for work but for occasional trips she could take to check up on Matt or Darryl or Ryan in Utah.
She did nothing but lie to Flores. My theory is that it goes against her self interest to intentionally ruin it

What wouldn't make sense is that Travis would sell the BMW to a person with no job, no means to pay rent, and has to go back home to her parents because she can't afford to live in AZ on her own. This is the main theory about why he wouldn't sell it to her before it got ruined.

The mess about her having to "give the infiniti back to the bank" is suspicious for where it appears in her journal in March 2008. If she was cleaning it to give it back to the bank in March, how does it wind up in Yreka? (and cleaning it, Jodi? With your messyself. I doubt you cared if it was clean to be repossessed.) She still owned it when she rented the car for the murder trip. She got that tow thing to tow the Infiniti. She probably expected her mom to drive one of the vehicles back while she drove the truck back to the rental house. But her mom abandoned her, and so she wound up having to tow the BMW after driving herself to pick up the uhaul. She should have left it at the Uhaul to pick up later, but my theory is she got the bright idea to tow it, so she didn't have to go back and probably so she could learn how to hook up the infiniti.

Do you agree, though, that Travis voluntarily selling the BMW to a broke person prior to the car's destruction is nonsensical? He knows she can't pay her bills. He knows she's always borrowing from him. So what would be his expectation that she'd actually pay for the BMW? He had no choice but to trust that arrangement once the car was destroyed--but before it was destroyed? He had no reason to.

I think she added the Infiniti going back to the bank info into her journal after her talks with Flores. IDK why she put it in there, but otherwise, why did the car never go back to the bank? Who stepped in and paid for it not to go back at a time when she owed for the BMW?

And seriously, if Travis knows the infiniti is being repossessed, why in the world would he sell her a car, so he'd be in the same boat as the people who loaned her for the infiniti? He'd be in worse shape because he wouldn't be able to repossess, not all the way to Yreka, surely.

JMO.

Wasn't there a receipt for gas in Winnemucca?
A receipt, yes. For gas? I think so but I'm not 100% sure.

Geevee just posted an image on pg. 109 showing a list of receipts from:

• West Jordan, UT
• SLC, UT
• Winnemucca, NV
• Sparks, NV
• Yreka, CA
• Redding, CA

There's no indication, however, what the purchases were or for what amount.

But I do seem to recall seeing a receipt for gas somewhere along the line, but someone here mentioned that the car rental guy said her car was returned on empty. I did some calculations from SLC, UT to Redding, CA and wondered if she had perhaps stopped for gas somewhere or had used the three cans of gas she bought in SLC at Tesoro at 4 am.

But I didn't want to assume she used trunk gas, that's why I asked about her stopping for gas first before posting my calculations and risk looking like a dummy when someone brings a gas receipt to my attention. See? I'm learning. Always ask first. :D

I don't think Travis ever had any intention to sell the BMW to her before March 29.
That is why she blew it up. That car was never going to be hers.

BTW, JA never mentions the BMW as 'my car' ever. She always calls it 'his car'. In the journal, texts, testimony, interviews......

ETA,
oops, she does call it her car on April 22. 'I love my car!!!!!'

Even that doesn't make sense. Why would she "love" the albatross BMW on April 22nd? It was inoperable. She owed $6,000 on it, and she had no job to pay for it.

That was my understanding too that TA was just trying to be nice to her to sell her his old one after hers got repoed. And wasn't there a text between TA and JA where TA said something about not getting a payment yet for the car loan. It seems I remember a text where TA was mad at her about not getting a payment yet.

I think he knew she would probably not be able to pay much on the car but he had probably hoped he would at least get some money from her for it.

I do wonder if the outstanding car loan was one of the reasons JA added to her list of reasons why he needed to die. She knew she would never be able to pay him all she owed him for it.

And by killing him the loan goes away and she tried to make it sound like he gave her the car as a gift. Just like his dog she tried to get.

Did we ever find out if the title was ever transferred into her name or did Travis retain the title of the vehicle until the loan was paid off.

I'd said something about this a while ago. I had assumed he'd gotten her a new car or loaned her to get a new car. Because I couldn't figure out the loan thing or the "I love my car" thing. Maybe he is the one who loaned her to keep the Infiniti going?

If that's the case, on top of owing for the BMW, she owed for the Infiniti, too. What other loan for a car can he be talking about? It would make no sense that he "loaned" her money to pay himself for the BMW.

What wouldn't make sense is that Travis would sell the BMW to a person with no job, no means to pay rent, and has to go back home to her parents because she can't afford to live in AZ on her own. This is the main theory about why he wouldn't sell it to her before it got ruined.

The mess about her having to "give the infiniti back to the bank" is suspicious for where it appears in her journal in March 2008. If she was cleaning it to give it back to the bank in March, how does it wind up in Yreka? (and cleaning it, Jodi? With your messyself. I doubt you cared if it was clean to be repossessed.) She still owned it when she rented the car for the murder trip. She got that tow thing to tow the Infiniti. She probably expected her mom to drive one of the vehicles back while she drove the truck back to the rental house. But her mom abandoned her, and so she wound up having to tow the BMW after driving herself to pick up the uhaul. She should have left it at the Uhaul to pick up later, but my theory is she got the bright idea to tow it, so she didn't have to go back and probably so she could learn how to hook up the infiniti.

Do you agree, though, that Travis voluntarily selling the BMW to a broke person prior to the car's destruction is nonsensical? He knows she can't pay her bills. He knows she's always borrowing from him. So what would be his expectation that she'd actually pay for the BMW? He had no choice but to trust that arrangement once the car was destroyed--but before it was destroyed? He had no reason to.

I think she added the Infiniti going back to the bank info into her journal after her talks with Flores. IDK why she put it in there, but otherwise, why did the car never go back to the bank? Who stepped in and paid for it not to go back at a time when she owed for the BMW?

And seriously, if Travis knows the infiniti is being repossessed, why in the world would he sell her a car, so he'd be in the same boat as the people who loaned her for the infiniti? He'd be in worse shape because he wouldn't be able to repossess, not all the way to Yreka, surely.

JMO.

Idk. It made no sense for him to sell it to her, running or not running. It guaranteed him having to keep contact with her monthly for several years. $6K at $100/mo is five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500