Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I get that she needed all 3 for the distance to not have to fill up in AZ, but it's not like there are a shortage in the state (despite what they implied). I've driven to Phoenix more than once in my life from Southern CA. But why make up the lie that she returned the 3rd can??? How does that benefit her to only have two cans? It's still premeditation for the same purpose.

Oh, I see what you are saying now.
In her mind, lugging two cans appeared less premeditative than lugging three cans?
Three cans sounded too crazy and over-the-top even to her? :dunno:

I still haven't figured out why it mattered to her to give the illusion that she returned the 3rd gas can, and supposedly only had 2. :waitasec::thinking:It was still premeditation and for the purpose of not filling up in Arizona. Her blood on his wall and her own crime scene photos proved she was in Arizona, DUH!!!:doh:

I think they said they can't date blood on the wall, or something to that effect... think it was Juan himself that said, the best evidence to place her, were in fact the photos. There was hair with the follicle attached but they really liked the foot and time stamps she left behind.

This is an article I found on the subject of dating blood:
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/Ne...-technique.asp

BTW, he sounds so happy. I can't believe the grade school reference to his height was 'a thing' (I figured a few under-educated mishaps attempted to smear him, didn't realize he received as much 'flak' as he did).
And his voice? Or that he made 'the poor killer' cry on stand in attempt to catch her in one of her lies lest her release/possible parole. I haven't met a prosecutor (or lawyer) who wasn't 'elaborate' in court anyway. I think the mass of the public who has gone to something as small as traffic court to see a judge or plea with lawyers in the very least, knows this. These county representatives will fight tooth and nail for something like a speeding infraction - I don't think they care if you 'namecall' them after said grade school... ??

And what about all the stuff the 'dream team' did to the victim? For what? I heard like perhaps two sins he may have committed in regards to faithfulness and his general 'weakness for lust' (oh no, a 30 year old male wants to find his mate), nothing that remotely reflected him as a domestic abuser. WTF, she wasn't even invited into his domain!

Juan has always been that type-A 'Jack McCoy' as far as I am concerned. Muwahaha, I don't think either one of them were fond of computers.

I got a kick out of the part he mentioned he may have uttered an 'expletive' when visiting her in prison (magazine scam).

I wasn't expecting any websleuthers to get honorable mentions! Wow, way to go Hope and pocket...!!

I have always wondered about the same thing. I mean, if it were only one gas can I could see her trying to claim she returned it or somehow didn't have it. But she admits to having two and is adamant that she did not have three. Is it because of the number of miles involved? Could two cans be considered reasonable for going to Utah when three might be needed to go the extra miles to Mesa? It has to be that because I cannot think of any other reason for her to deny that third can. I have always assumed she was only able to borrow two...but now I am not even sure about that. It's not recommended to assume anything when a sicko like her is involved.

* Imo she stuck with the lie about returning the third gas can because in her mind having two gas cans is merely being on the safe side for running out of gas on a road trip, but three gas cans might very well mean premeditation on her part to the jury. Her entire defense was based around no premeditation, so that means *only* having two five gallon gas cans. You know... to be on the safe side. So she doesn't run out of gas in between gas stations 30 miles apart from each other. In the desert. At night!

Hmm... so if she thinks she may have to fill her car up with gas from one or more five gallon gas cans in the middle of the desert at night... who holds the flashlight for her so she can see what she's doing?

While listening to him last night, I suddenly realized that there's one area JM doesn't know how to do very well, while Nurmi surpasses and wins hands down in that territory.

Complaining and whining.

Instead, JM observes and respects whatever difficult situations he is presented with & looks for solutions with his fine mind, then usually finds them. The man never complains, period.

#TreesLivesMatter

I think he's a highly functional self-fulled introvert, ..probable 'cat person,' or agile feline of his own making. :bateyes:

nodetailis2small is right. Now Geevee wants to know what brand of the pain medicine was purchased.:jawdrop:

#treeslivesmatter
#weedslivesmatter
#nodetailis2small

... i kind of wondered the same myself... like for her migraines or did she actually pull something in her haste to reach TA..? :facepalm:

* Imo she stuck with the lie about returning the third gas can because in her mind having two gas cans is merely being on the safe side for running out of gas on a road trip, but three gas cans might very well mean premeditation on her part to the jury. Her entire defense was based around no premeditation, so that means *only* having two five gallon gas cans. You know... to be on the safe side. So she doesn't run out of gas in between gas stations 30 miles apart from each other. In the desert. At night!

Hmm... so if she thinks she may have to fill her car up with gas from one or more five gallon gas cans in the middle of the desert at night... who holds the flashlight for her so she can see what she's doing?

BBM. I haven't been around for a while and maybe this has already been discussed, but... Little Miss Gas Cans actually claims she did run out of gas and got "stranded" ("like a sitting duck") on the way from SoCal to Utah. She mentions this in her interrogation with Det. Flores, in part as a way to account for more of the time it took her to get to Utah, and also as a way to explain how she eventually found her charger...

From Beach's transcript of interrogation video 4:

20:57
DF: Even if you got totally lost doesn’t explain all that time. It does not … I mean…if you went four hours here, five hours in the wrong direction it’s still a long period of time.

21:07
JA: Well, at that one point I wasn’t going anywhere because I ran out of gas. I was totally stranded. I was sitting…like a sitting duck, and that’s when I began… it was a little bit warm. It wasn’t too hot, but… umm… that’s when I just I read for a little bit. I had already slept. Umm and that’s when I started looking around the car and organizing stuff and getting trash together and had a couple bites to eat from snacks that I had and when I was cleaning out under the seat I found my phone charger, plugged it in, powered it on, and there was no cell phone reception anywhere.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2

(Oh my gosh, Det. Flores has the patience of a saint. He's accusing her of murder and she's yammering on about the temperature, reading, napping, tidying, and SNACKS!)

I'm assuming she was never stranded and this is all just another of her insanely detailed fictions. Does anyone know if she was ever asked to explain how and where she ran out of gas? How she called for help ("there was no cell phone reception anywhere")? Who she called for help? How she got un-stranded?

Thanks.

IMO, this is how the whole thing unfolded:
JM calculated (detailed in his book) and knew she needed 3 gas cans to complete Pasadena-Mesa-NV trip. JA knew this too because she is the one who had to use all 3.

When confronted with the 3rd can Walmart receipt, she lied and said she returned it.

At this point, JM chose to expose her lie, rather than elaborating to the jury she actually needed all 3 cans for her murder trip (can get confusing/messy and gives her a chance to make up more lies that might sound good to jurors). He unmasked her lie at the last minute possible with Chelsea Young's testimony which was incontrovertible. It was a sweet victory.

What has always caught my attention is that she seemed to have run out of gas at one point, no? Near Las Vegas or somewhere? That makes zero sense to me, unless she put on a whole lot of extra miles somewhere that we don't know about. 'Cos I believe she had plenty of gas to make the trip through Arizona.

She could have done something else in Arizona? Maybe before she went over to Travis'?

Okay, so Travis is a guy who wouldn't have sex when a woman is on her period. I just wanted to point out that some guys would. But for all we know it could've just as easily been Tylenol, Advil, or Excedrin that she bought.

No worries, LinasK: I wasn't in any way intending to fault what you said.

Would JM even have cared as much to conceal the item if it had been a regular unisex painkiller? It's a lot more fraught if it's Midol, and that sure raises a gazillion more questions, like whether they actually had sex on June 4.

... i kind of wondered the same myself... like for her migraines or did she actually pull something in her haste to reach TA..? :facepalm:

Is there evidence (e.g. in texts) that she in fact has migraines? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Maybe this self-abscribed "migraine" diagnosis has been cramps all along?

BBM. I haven't been around for a while and maybe this has already been discussed, but... Little Miss Gas Cans actually claims she did run out of gas and got "stranded" ("like a sitting duck") on the way from SoCal to Utah. She mentions this in her interrogation with Det. Flores, in part as a way to account for more of the time it took her to get to Utah, and also as a way to explain how she eventually found her charger...

DF: Even if you got totally lost doesn’t explain all that time. It does not … I mean…if you went four hours here, five hours in the wrong direction it’s still a long period of time.

JA: Well, at that one point I wasn’t going anywhere because I ran out of gas. I was totally stranded. I was sitting…like a sitting duck, and that’s when I began… it was a little bit warm. It wasn’t too hot, but… umm… that’s when I just I read for a little bit. I had already slept. Umm and that’s when I started looking around the car and organizing stuff and getting trash together and had a couple bites to eat from snacks that I had and when I was cleaning out under the seat I found my phone charger, plugged it in, powered it on, and there was no cell phone reception anywhere.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2

(Oh my gosh, Det. Flores has the patience of a saint. He's accusing her of murder and she's yammering on about the temperature, reading, napping, tidying, and SNACKS!)

I'm assuming she was never stranded and this is all just another of her insanely detailed fictions. Does anyone know if she was ever asked to explain how and where she ran out of gas? How she called for help ("there was no cell phone reception anywhere")? Who she called for help? How she got un-stranded?

Thanks.

I'm thinking, since this running out of gas story is so elaborate, that she's covering up something else. But what could she be covering up? Let me count the ways.... Any ideas?

Is there evidence (e.g. in texts) that she in fact has migraines? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Court was halted one afternoon (while ALV on stand IIRC) because Jodi had a severe migraine. Willmott asked for water and meds to be taken to the holding cell. Court in recess until the next day

Thanks.

How do you charge your phone when your car is out of gas? You need to have power to charge the phone...

Wish Flores had caught that. I'd love to see her squirm her way through another crazy explanation.

How do you charge your phone when your car is out of gas? You need to have power to charge the phone...

Wish Flores had caught that. I'd love to see her squirm her way through another crazy explanation.

I was scratching my head over that as well... (I don't drive or use a cell phone much). Turns out, though, that what's recharging the phone is the car battery, not the engine. As long as the car battery isn't dead, you can charge your phone.

But you do need cell phone reception to call for help, and Jodi said there wasn't any.

I'm thinking, since this running out of gas story is so elaborate, that she's covering up something else. But what could she be covering up? Let me count the ways.... Any ideas?

God only knows (and we can't subpoena Him, lol).

[video]https://youtu.be/jr88jzA2tvI[/video]

Gladly forgotten. :D

But...if you're looking for a rabbit hole...those 90 photos aren't sealed, right? They're in some envelope gathering dust at the Mesa PD, waiting for someone to take an interest and come sleuthing.

And here's the thing. JM said many of them are of TA around his house doing normal, routine things. Oh? Who took these photos of Travis in his house doing those normal, everyday things? Did LE check date stamps for all 90?

SEE? rabbit holes are still everywhere. ;)

Schooch over, I'm joining you down this hole. I wonder if Beth could get those pics since they aren't sealed? And the camera pics, those aren't sealed either, wonder why she hasn't gotten original copies of them? As well as their EXIF data? She's awfully enterprising in getting these type of things, maybe she just needs a little angel on her shoulder to whisper in her ear? ;)

I have always wondered about the same thing. I mean, if it were only one gas can I could see her trying to claim she returned it or somehow didn't have it. But she admits to having two and is adamant that she did not have three. Is it because of the number of miles involved? Could two cans be considered reasonable for going to Utah when three might be needed to go the extra miles to Mesa? It has to be that because I cannot think of any other reason for her to deny that third can. I have always assumed she was only able to borrow two...but now I am not even sure about that. It's not recommended to assume anything when a sicko like her is involved.

Well, see here's the thing- I could understand her going from Yreka to Utah possibly on only two cans if she hadn't detoured through Southern California. But once you do that, you still have to drive North and East whether you stop in Mesa AZ or not...

Oh, I see what you are saying now.
In her mind, lugging two cans appeared less premeditative than lugging three cans?
Three cans sounded too crazy and over-the-top even to her? :dunno:
Yes, now you get my "rabbit hole"!

I think they said they can't date blood on the wall, or something to that effect... think it was Juan himself that said, the best evidence to place her, were in fact the photos. There was hair with the follicle attached but they really liked the foot and time stamps she left behind.

This is an article I found on the subject of dating blood:
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/Ne...-technique.asp

BTW, he sounds so happy. I can't believe the grade school reference to his height was 'a thing' (I figured a few under-educated mishaps attempted to smear him, didn't realize he received as much 'flak' as he did).
And his voice? Or that he made 'the poor killer' cry on stand in attempt to catch her in one of her lies lest her release/possible parole. I haven't met a prosecutor (or lawyer) who wasn't 'elaborate' in court anyway. I think the mass of the public who has gone to something as small as traffic court to see a judge or plea with lawyers in the very least, knows this. These county representatives will fight tooth and nail for something like a speeding infraction - I don't think they care if you 'namecall' them after said grade school... ??

And what about all the stuff the 'dream team' did to the victim? For what? I heard like perhaps two sins he may have committed in regards to faithfulness and his general 'weakness for lust' (oh no, a 30 year old male wants to find his mate), nothing that remotely reflected him as a domestic abuser. WTF, she wasn't even invited into his domain!

Juan has always been that type-A 'Jack McCoy' as far as I am concerned. Muwahaha, I don't think either one of them were fond of computers.

I got a kick out of the part he mentioned he may have uttered an 'expletive' when visiting her in prison (magazine scam).

I wasn't expecting any websleuthers to get honorable mentions! Wow, way to go Hope and pocket...!!

Yeah, but even if she were his full-time live in girlfriend or wife, there's still no excuse for a bloody palm print on the wall, and IIRC, it was mixed with Travis's blood. The logical conclusion is that it was placed there at the time of the struggle, especially when noone's else's blood or DNA was present. (I.E. Jodi can't claim bloody nose, cut herself, or menstrual blood)

Thanks.

During testimony she said she ran out of gas about 15 - 30 miles from Winniemucca, I'd have to rewatch it but I think she said she mapquested a gas station and someone brought her gas. This is a whopping lie because she had 3 full gas cans from the SLC stop (which I think was the last stop before Winniemucca).

She needed the third gas can because she couldn't make it from Mesa out of AZ with just two (and not stop for gas), I would imagine she was trying to give the jurors 'reasonable doubt' about how she could make it out of AZ without that gas can nor stopping to get more gas...it's all she had once JM busted her on it and her lie failed miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500