Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is sooo frustrating to type a 50 line reply to a post and get the "Your post has to be more than 5 words"

I hate when that happens. It means your reply has been typed in the middle of the quote. Just cut your lengthy contribution and paste it after the Quote word that's in brackets.

Franquer, Sometimes that will happen if your post preceeds the quote you are responding to. That happens to me too. When I attempt to delete I end up deleting part of the quote I am responding to. I dont think the mods realize this is done by mistake.

I believe it happens if the reply inadvertently gets typed anywhere inside the opening or closing [.

And it's very likely, that yet again, she overestimated herself in getting out a jam...

"Oh no warden, I would never intentionally disobey media interview guidelines."

Warden: 6 months of punishment

Arias: WTF??

You know how she is...

Arias: Maybe in 2 months they'll stop being such 'meanies.'

Warden: And don't think that you'll get any special privilege, lockdown to completion.

Arias: Buuut...

I agree with everything except the "buuuuut". Jodi doesn't do buts, IMO: she does workarounds.

I believe us posters sorta worked out this was true. Jodi was expecting an upgrade to contact visits in February. If that was canceled, I believe it wouldn't be reviewed for 6 months (that's kind of their system). No phone calls goes without saying, since she broke the rules via a phone call.

JMO
I am trying to figure out what she actually did that was wrong and how she did it. This is what I think may have happened.

We know we hear her on a phone call voice recording talking to rapper. The rapper is saying he wants to come visit her sometime. The rapper seems to have taped the voice phone call and it somehow gets out on SM and elsewhere.

So that is telling me that she must have initiated the phone call from either a prison phone or she somehow acquired or borrowed a cell phone and had it in her cell to make the call.

Because I don't think anyone on the outside can call her because its not like she is standing by a pay phone the whole time. And I will have to recheck where I heard the call but I think he answered the phone on the recording I heard. Which would mean she initiated the call.

So if she initiated the call then it means she either did it by some prison pay phone or other prison phone OR somehow she had a cell phone in her cell.

If she used some prison pay phone then I dont know if that would be against the rules if she called someone on a prison pay phone unless she wasn't supposed to be able to use it. Plus they probably record all conversations on their phones for prisoners and they would be able to tell when and who she called.

The call almost sounds like it comes from a prison phone. So why did she get in trouble then? Was she not supposed to use it?

How did she get near it if she wasn't supposed to use the prison phone?

I first thought it may have been a pre paid cell phone but it sure sounds like a prison phone.

Not sure what rule she broke unless she had no permission and somehow used prison phone anyway.

Link below has the phone call.

http://ktar.com/story/873757/jodi-a...prison-is-like-during-phone-call-with-rapper/

JMO
I am trying to figure out what she actually did that was wrong and how she did it. This is what I think may have happened.

We know we hear her on a phone call voice recording talking to rapper. The rapper is saying he wants to come visit her sometime. The rapper seems to have taped the voice phone call and it somehow gets out on SM and elsewhere.

So that is telling me that she must have initiated the phone call from either a prison phone or she somehow acquired or borrowed a cell phone and had it in her cell to make the call.

Because I don't think anyone on the outside can call her because its not like she is standing by a pay phone the whole time. And I will have to recheck where I heard the call but I think he answered the phone on the recording I heard. Which would mean she initiated the call.

So if she initiated the call then it means she either did it by some prison pay phone or other prison phone OR somehow she had a cell phone in her cell.

If she used some prison pay phone then I dont know if that would be against the rules if she called someone on a prison pay phone unless she wasn't supposed to be able to use it. Plus they probably record all conversations on their phones for prisoners and they would be able to tell when and who she called.

The call almost sounds like it comes from a prison phone. So why did she get in trouble then? Was she not supposed to use it?

I first thought it may have been a pre paid cell phone but it sure sounds like a prison phone.

Not sure what rule she broke unless she had no permission and somehow used prison phone anyway.

Link below has the phone call.

http://ktar.com/story/873757/jodi-a...prison-is-like-during-phone-call-with-rapper/

I imagine she called from a prison phone. She can make calls but has to reverse the charges, IIRC. I believe she's allowed one call a week. It's possible she instigated the taping. She could have made a prior call and set it up, or asked a visitor to convey the phone appointment time and instructions to the rapper. One would assume either method was taped, but there might not be real-time reviews of the tapes; the CO's may have looked at them closely before the disciplinary hearing took place.

Very possibly, Jodi was at fault in a number of ways. Apart from what may or may not have gone down with a phone infraction, IIRC she had been cautioned before about seeking publicity. At first, none of her letters would go out because there was some infraction or other. I would also venture to bet that there can be no publicity-seeking by an inmate, no interviews, no calling attention to oneself. This is different from jail.

I would also guess that this infraction by Jodi was considered minor, or she'd have been docked way more privileges. Though if she wasn't advanced to Phase 3 when she planned on it, there were probably privileges in addition to the phone thing that are on the back burner for a while, like an increase in commissary, craft supplies, fewer CO's with her at all times.

I think Jodi's manipulations aren't up to even a smack from the mosquito-swatter this warden wields. Too bad this warden doesn't have a "likes-a-million fan club.

JMO

Everything you just wrote was the way I thought things happened, too.

At the beginning of the call it sounded like there was a pre-recorded electronic message after which Lefty identified herself as the caller before the rapper accepted the call and the conversation between the two began. I think that's standard operating procedure for phone calls made from jails, n'est ce pas?

And if so, I can believe that entire phone call was recorded by the jail system. Now, if she was under restriction and prohibited from making phone calls, that's another thing altogether. But even if she wasn't prohibited, how did the recorded call get released? By someone working from within the prison walls? If so, that's another, another thing altogether.

Butttttttt... given Lefty Thesarias' penchant for skirting around the rules... perhaps she had one of her lemmings contact the rapper beforehand to enlighten him to the joys of recording phone conversations using... wait for it... a... wait for it... HELIO phone!!! Or maybe just a regular 'ol smart phone.

But because jailhouse phone calls only seem to be made public during trials, I figured the rapper was the person who recorded and released the call. At her direction of course.

And assuming she was allowed to make phone calls from jail, surely she wouldn't be punished for anything HE did, right? ;) ;)

Seriously, though... are all recorded phone calls made from jail or prison considered their personal property and are to remain "in-house"? (until they are released under official, legal order?)

I agree with everything except the "buuuuut". Jodi doesn't do buts, IMO: she does workarounds.

Yes, physically, however, mentally... she is more like the child that keeps trying to pout her way out of something... :tantrum:

JA's profile now shows a min violation of "Disrespect to staff" - date of offense 2/3 and guilty verdict dated 2/9. That will be enough to move her back a step ( I assume to the beginning of Step2 ) which means she's losing quite a few incentives earned over the last 6 mos. and will have to earn them back.

He's trying the find something—anything—that will put him back in the news ahead of JM's book. Volume 1 of his book evidently just made JM's fans rush out to pre-order at Amazon instead of waiting for publication. Backfire, Nurms!

Besides, how could he ever have got through law school with such scant critical thinking skills? During the trial, his team was out there with all the SM technology: they were using it right at the DT. They loved the limelight: wanted more, more, more. Plus, he's depend on SM chatter to sell his own book, which reveals prejudicial and confidential information that went between himself and his client. All the while complaining the courtroom is now "reality TV"? How does that work?

Oh, Kirk. This looks very much like a desperate, suspiciously-timed "look at me" ploy. What's next, headstands? Get some help.

Question:

Does anyone recall who said the killer "kicked her sensei so hard that she dropped out of class because she didn't want to hurt anyone." Another lie from the killers mouth I know, yet some truth in every lie... the kicking and stomping, GRR.

I found it.

I wonder if the killer even cares if she gets penalized for infractions. She needs to be in the public eye and thrives on attention, even the negative kind. I suspect that if she is in fact penalized over the next six months that we will hear another message from her then...even if it means a whole new penalty. IOW, this killer will only thrive if she can keep herself relevant somehow. Languishing in prison without something going down to put her in the limelight from time to time is not how she plans to do her time. She is there for the rest of her life so probably figures she has nothing to lose and she likely does not care if she has to have a few months' down time here and there; it's a small price to pay for the opportunity to speak out to the masses in her own way. Rules be damned and all that.

I completely agree. If she ever even bothers to do any kind of cost-benefit analysis, the psychopath in her is perfectly happy paying what sane people see as a huge cost for something with (for a sane person) little or no benefit. It's like she has her own inside-out, upside-down, backwards version of "no pain, no gain." She will always gain whenever she can cause even the slightest amount of pain to others.

(While I was typing this, Caylee Advocate posted the question about Jodi saying she didn't want to hurt anyone. A lie because it never happened or a lie because Jodi ALWAYS wants to hurt people? I'd say both. Was Jodi ever really in a martial arts class? Yeeeeesh, scary thought. Weird how she found an excuse to quit that makes her somehow look noble. (By which I mean not weird at all, since nothing is ever Jodi's fault, ever.)

attachment.php

Great illustration, but Nurmi is hardly Jodi's only "other victim." Had Jodi ever actually gone to college, she could have majored in collateral damage.

(Also... "Kurt?" Poor guy just can't catch a break.)

In a world exclusive, In Touch — on newsstands now — has obtained the first excerpts from prosecutor Juan Martinez's highly anticipated tell-all book, Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars.

Martinez exclusively reveals, “I’ve been a prosecutor for 27 years, and this case required more work than any other I’ve ever had [because Jodi] is so gifted at being deceitful."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jodi-arias-jail-juan-martinez-90333

Thank you, Geevee! Sorry for slow response and will be slower still.

Ironically, I climbed on out of the rabbit hole and promptly fell down a real one, outside, taking pics of a gorgeous sunset.

To the ER where they IV'd morphine and whatever else after that, and for the past 2 days nonstop oxycodin and Valium and steroids. The pain has been fierce---twisted back and right leg and having wicked muscle spasms.

So dozing and healing and looking forward to JM's book and.not here for much or for long.

Hugs for the help offer...

So sorry to hear about your suffering. I really miss seeing you on WS. Praying for your quick recovery.:getwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500