Sheila and Katherine Lyon-sisters missing since 1975 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my sources are correct it's going to be a bombshell.

Welp, if I am understanding the above correctly, there will be two news conferences this week, one from both the county/state from where the girls went missing and also the county/state where Taylors mountain are, which is very interesting. Seems to me like there will be a bombshell and I for one am interested in watching the fallout....... Just hate having to wait another two days, I can't beging to imagine what this wait has been like for their family all these years. This gives me renewed hope in some of the other cold cases we have here that they too one day will be resolved.

Please please please let this be the beginning of the end in this sad saga. The Lyons family deserves the truth to be out.

Thanks for the updates I hope and pray the Lyon family find out the truth after a lifetime of emotional agony.

Separate news conferences will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, both at 12pm.

From WJLA - The press conferences are slated for 12 p.m. Wednesday, July 15 and Thursday, July 16.
Wednesday's press conference will take place at the Mid-County Services Center on 2424 Reedie Dr. in Wheaton Md. Thursday's press conference will be held at the Central Virginia Community College, Main Training Room on 1633 Ventrure Blvd. in Bedford, Va

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...s-this-week-on-lyons-sisters-case-115540.html

Welp, if I am understanding the above correctly, there will be two news conferences this week, one from both the county/state from where the girls went missing and also the county/state where Taylors mountain are, which is very interesting. Seems to me like there will be a bombshell and I for one am interested in watching the fallout....... Just hate having to wait another two days, I can't beging to imagine what this wait has been like for their family all these years. This gives me renewed hope in some of the other cold cases we have here that they too one day will be resolved.

The police usually don't call news conferences to report their failures (they can't catch everyone) such as, "We have nothing, Sorry but this case is cold."

However, the police often and have several times in the Lyon sisters case have called news conferences to request help from the public or potential witnesses.

Perhaps the police stations don't have large enough meeting rooms for all interested reporters, but both locations for the news conference are not police stations or the usual place for police news conferences as far as I know.

"Wednesday's press conference will take place at the Mid-County Services Center on 2424 Reedie Dr. in Wheaton Md. Thursday's press conference will be held at the Central Virginia Community College, Main Training Room on 1633 Ventrure Blvd. in Bedford, Va."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...-lyons-sisters-case-115540.html#ixzz3fpSYhUhh

Unless the murderer is dead or rotting in jail as one person of interest is, I would think that the police would arrest any guilty party and not give the guilty party a chance to run or arm him/her self?

It could be bad reporting or good reporting on a mere police theory with no evidence to support it,
but on WUSA-9 (channel 9 in Washington, D.C.) I just heard the following sentence in a story on the news conferences.

"Investigators believe they (Lyon sisters) were taken there (Taylor's Mountain) before they were killed."

"Perhaps the police stations don't have large enough meeting rooms for all interested reporters, but both locations for the news conference are not police stations or the usual place for police news conferences as far as I know.

"Wednesday's press conference will take place at the Mid-County Services Center on 2424 Reedie Dr. in Wheaton Md. Thursday's press conference will be held at the Central Virginia Community College, Main Training Room on 1633 Ventrure Blvd. in Bedford, Va."

Regarding the press conference locations, the MD location is interesting, as it is about 500 feet from Wheaton Plaza, just across the street. I think this is meaningful as this is where it all began. The sequence of the press conferences is also telling, with Wheaton being first and Bedford last. The horrible events began in MD and ended in VA.

There have been no reports of Richard Welch being in custody. Lee Lloyd is on the rocks for several more years, so there may be no rush to lock him up.

I am wondering to myself if the recent indictment of Welch's wife lead to some new information. Seems though if she had some dirt on RW, he would be in custody BEFORE any news conference.

Just a hunch, but I am leaning toward LLW being the sole abductor/killer and trying to frame the uncle.

Puzzled also by the two pressers... Is there a kidnapping/abduction indictment coming from MD and a murder indictment coming from VA?

I really hope they have some answers.

Notice from Sheriff Mike Brown – Significant Developments in Lyon Sisters Case:

A Press Conference will be held at Mid-County Services Center, 2424 Reedie Dr., Wheaton, MD, at 12:00 Noon, this Wednesday, July 15, 2015, on major developments in the Lyon Sister’s Cold Case Investigation. Sheriff Mike Brown and Commonwealth Attorney Randy Krantz and members of the Montgomery County (MD) Police Department and the State’s Attorney’s Office will be speaking on these latest developments in this investigation.

A Press Conference will be held at the Central Virginia Community College, Main Training Room, 1633 Venture Blvd., Bedford, VA, at 12:00 Noon, this Thursday, July 16, 2015, on additional developments in the Lyon Sister’s Cold Case Investigation. Sheriff Mike Brown and Commonwealth Attorney Randy Krantz and members of the Montgomery County (MD) Police Department and the State’s Attorney’s Office will be speaking on other developments in this investigation.

No additional information will be available from this office or the officials in Maryland.
Release prepared by:
Sheriff Mike Brown

In attempting to discern differences in these two upcoming press conferences with previous ones, I do not recall the MD or VA State's Attorney's Office being involved in the past news conferences. Maybe I just missed that part, or this is the first time (and with new reason) for them to be involved. Perhaps this indicates that the investigation is finally now moving to the prosecutorial phase?

Looks like they are expecting a massive amount of media for the presser: WUSA 9's Bruce Leshan reported (and showed) that there is a platform for the presser, and that a lot of the area/roads in and around the platform is being closed off to make room for media trucks/vans/satellite trucks.

Unless the murderer(s) is dead or rotting in jail as one person of interest is, I would think that the police would arrest any guilty party and not give the guilty party a chance to run or arm him/her self?

Agreed; one likely suspect is already in prison and perhaps any other is no longer alive. Although LE suspects family member involvement, so many of LLW2's male relatives are deceased.

btw, I just now checked MD and VA case records for any of the related family and there are no new arrests or cases related to this one. There was just an unrelated open case in VA for one of LLW2's relatives who was arrested for robbery.

If LE is concerned about a flight risk for a subject, they would just put surveillance on them. Sometimes they like to watch them to see what they will do when they know LE is coming for them. LE also likes to knock down doors at about 4am to make arrests when subjects are asleep, so we'll have to check again tomorrow late am.

I seriously wonder where Richard Welch will be when the MD press conference occurs. Will he be watching it on TV, the web, or will he not have access to TV or internet at 12noon tomorrow?

Agreed; one likely suspect is already in prison and perhaps any other is no longer alive. Although LE suspects family member involvement, so many of LLW2's male relatives are deceased.

btw, I just now checked MD and VA case records for any of the related family and there are no new arrests or cases related to this one. There was just an unrelated open case in VA for one of LLW2's relatives who was arrested for robbery.

If LE is concerned about a flight risk for a subject, they would just put surveillance on them. Sometimes they like to watch them to see what they will do when they know LE is coming for them. LE also likes to knock down doors at about 4am to make arrests when subjects are asleep, so we'll have to check again tomorrow late am.

I seriously wonder where Richard Welch will be when the MD press conference occurs. Will he be watching it on TV, the web, or will he not have access to TV or internet at 12noon tomorrow?

As your previous posts have sometimes been right on the pulse in the heart of this horrid case,
why is it when you checked the MD and VA case records just now, did you not notice one case suddenly MISSING? Here's a clue, it was an active civil case. All the parties in it have been discussed by this site.
The case number as well as the parties are nowhere to be found now. Tommorrow, one or both of those parties , will be part of this press conference, I speculate. Remember, it is a group of people LE is investigating. Eighteen months isn't all that long to serve on a jury, and they aren't supposed to watch TV or listen to media or be influenced outside the jury room. Right.
Anything posted here can be read by ALL- the good, the bad and the ugly. No offense.

Looks like they are expecting a massive amount of media for the presser: WUSA 9's Bruce Leshan reported (and showed) that there is a platform for the presser, and that a lot of the area/roads in and around the platform is being closed off to make room for media trucks/vans/satellite trucks.

I just walked past the building and Metro station at about 8 PM.
It's likely just a coincidence, but there were about a half dozen news trucks, and twenty police cars, not for the Lyon case, but for some likely unrelated shooting.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...age-next-to-wheaton-metro-station-115572.html

WHEATON, Md. (WJLA) - Officials confirm to ABC7 that a person was shot at the parking garage next to the Wheaton Metro station shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday.

The patient has life-threatening injuries and has been taken to a hospital, according to a spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.
Metrorail trains have been by passing Silver Spring and Wheaton. Shuttle buses are running.

I had a fleeting thought that the shooting today in Wheaton, one block from the press conference location, might have been someone about to be named the Lyon-sister murderer commuting suicide. Not much news has been released, but with multiple shots and two people detained without getting a block away, it looks more like a robbery gone wrong.

I have seen on the news the police letting suspects remain free to observe them or gather more evidence, but I don't think they would do it if they had evidence to arrest a murderer/child abuser. Someone facing life or even the death penalty in VA might run, commit suicide, fight it out with the police, or go on a sex crime spree.

Montgomery County Maryland, with a population of just over one million people only has between ten and thirty murders each year, so it does not happen every day or even every week.

As your previous posts have sometimes been right on the pulse in the heart of this horrid case,
why is it when you checked the MD and VA case records just now, did you not notice one case suddenly MISSING? Here's a clue, it was an active civil case. All the parties in it have been discussed by this site.
The case number as well as the parties are nowhere to be found now. Tommorrow, one or both of those parties , will be part of this press conference, I speculate. Remember, it is a group of people LE is investigating. Eighteen months isn't all that long to serve on a jury, and they aren't supposed to watch TV or listen to media or be influenced outside the jury room. Right.
Anything posted here can be read by ALL- the good, the bad and the ugly. No offense.

Yes, I was aware there was one open civil case missing. Since you brought it up, I'll explain. I noticed it previously when I checked on any new cases for convicted child molester Leonard Kraisel who is currently in prison. It was a civil case brought by TTW2 and his family, seeking compensation for Kraisel molesting his two sons. I suspect the reason it is no longer showing in the system is because it actually contained the names of his two minor sons, and the family has the right to request to have the case information not appear in the system in order to protect them.

Kraisel has no descendants and a net worth of at least several million dollars; and he will likely die in prison. So TTW2 and family decided they would attempt to relieve him of his money with a civil lawsuit. What Kraisel did was absolutely immoral and disgusting. However, TTW2 knew LWK was a sexual deviant. The big question was why the hell did TTW2 ever take the risk of allowing Kraisel to live in his home and expose his children to this pedophile. It would be like keeping a rattlesnake in the house as a pet, then acting surprised when it ultimately bites you.

Yes, I was aware there was one open civil case missing. Since you brought it up, I'll explain. I noticed it previously when I checked on any new cases for convicted child molester Leonard Kraisel who is currently in prison. It was a civil case brought by TTW2 and his family, seeking compensation for Kraisel molesting his two sons. I suspect the reason it is no longer showing in the system is because it actually contained the names of his two minor sons, and the family has the right to request to have the case information not appear in the system in order to protect them.

Kraisel has no descendants and a net worth of at least several million dollars; and he will likely die in prison. So TTW2 and family decided they would attempt to relieve him of his money with a civil lawsuit. What Kraisel did was absolutely immoral and disgusting. However, TTW2 knew LWK was a sexual deviant. The big question was why the hell did TTW2 ever take the risk of allowing Kraisel to live in his home and expose his children to this pedophile. It would be like keeping a rattlesnake in the house as a pet, then acting surprised when it ultimately bites you.

Hats off to you, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member