SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought M's post over from Thread #18......

I think I'm just bummed about the whole dating thing and I'm letting it get to me more than I should. A good friend shared her pregnancy news on Facebook tonight and it just made me think...I'm almost 34. Maybe I'm just destined to be single. As much as I want to share my life with someone maybe it's just not in the cards for me? My mom brought that up the last time we talked and maybe she's right.

I'm not trying to butt in, but, I am....LOL

You sound EXACTLY like me at 34. Everyone was getting married, having babies, asking when "I" was gonna meet someone and "settle down".....grrrrr.

When I look back now, there wasn't anything wrong with me, it was what everybody was saying to me all the time....or thinking what I should do.
It drove me nuts!! It got me so full of anxiety, I thought something was wrong with me. I started looking everywhere just to meet someone...anyone. That way, people wouldn't say anything, or I wouldn't feel I was "undesirable". I HATED that uneasy "something's wrong" feeling.
It's true what they say about people being able to tell if someone is looking too hard.

I ended up joining a dating service...the "original" ones way back when. I met a guy, I thought he'd be great. Same religion, same nationality, etc.
I didn't spend much time with him, but he asked me to marry him after 6 months. Of course I said yes. Now everyone will be happy for me...they won't ask me the same questions....they won't look at me as a "single".

I was living with a monster!!! I went into the whole mess in a post on the early trial thread. I just usually don't like to bring it to the surface any more. But, just let me say, to all the people who I ALLOWED to make me feel like it was something I "needed" to do....here's a big 'ol eff you to that!!!

OK, what's the point??? Don't make yourself think you need to "make" something happen. Don't feel it's something you "have" to do. There's no age or time limit on love.
You're ONLY 34. Concentrate on you and your new promotion. Go thru your clothes and put different outfits together....get some funky "Nancy Grace" necklaces....some handcuffs, perhaps??? LOL
Have a glass of wine and dance around in your PJ's....when ya get a little tipsy, try on some new make up looks and hair do's....that's always good for a few laughs.

I joined Match.com, too. I won't meet anyone until we email a few times, then talk on the phone and get to know each other a little. THEN I'll go on a date after a week or two. I can tell by then if he's worth shavin my legs for.....LOL

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - YouTube

"Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone".....best line of the song!

Aaaaand, now I'll go back to bein' a lurker...LOL

So true! I am now 48....but when I was 29 I married a man because I wanted to be a mother. Now, I am divorced and he is horrible to me, thru our 2 beautiful sons, trying to always hurt me. It's all about CONTROL.

Do not settle!!!!! It's not worth the heartache.

love to all of u!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

:seeya:

i watched the 48hours episode again,i dunno why i did it. just reminded me how much i utterly hate JA.

is it the 26th that is the next hearing?

no kidding but we will probably all die of old age before she is sentenced.

OMG it's 105 degrees here right now with the humidity! What is up with the weather for Pete's sake?

Hope everyone else is cooler. This is nasty. :hot:

:seeya:

i watched the 48hours episode again,i dunno why i did it. just reminded me how much i utterly hate JA.

is it the 26th that is the next hearing?

no kidding but we will probably all die of old age before she is sentenced.

Next hearing is scheduled for the 16th.

An evil way to look at delayed sentencing phase:

The longer it takes the better. It will drive CMJA nuts. The requisite appeals process cannot begin until then. Not that I think the case will be overturned. IMO it will not. Just that I know every inmate thinks an appeal is hope of the case being overturned. The chances are next to zero in most cases, in this one zero.

So, CMJA had hopes dashed at trial, not realizing her life was on partial save. Now she has to see if it is fully saved. Then hopes will be up for a few years of the appellate process, merely to be dashed again. Then hopes up in a few more years for the Habeas process, then hopes dashed again. And finally, acceptance that hope is gone. She is in jail. And, there is no chance for a sudden proof of innocence here. Sorry, she did it, she admitted it.

So, the longer it takes, fine on the evil side of CMJA.

Not fine for the Alexander family, but I think they already know the process and may have come to this justification themselves to make it through.

OMG it's 105 degrees here right now with the humidity! What is up with the weather for Pete's sake?

I'm so sorry Princess. Usually that is what happens here. This year we got rain and mild summer in comparison to all other years. Usually we suffer big time. Can't breath, can't eat, do not want to move, it is awful.

A cold bath is nice though. Put a big bowl of ice in front of a fan later and let it blow that cold ice melting air on you.

I brought M's post over from Thread #18......

I think I'm just bummed about the whole dating thing and I'm letting it get to me more than I should. A good friend shared her pregnancy news on Facebook tonight and it just made me think...I'm almost 34. Maybe I'm just destined to be single. As much as I want to share my life with someone maybe it's just not in the cards for me? My mom brought that up the last time we talked and maybe she's right.

I'm not trying to butt in, but, I am....LOL

You sound EXACTLY like me at 34. Everyone was getting married, having babies, asking when "I" was gonna meet someone and "settle down".....grrrrr.

When I look back now, there wasn't anything wrong with me, it was what everybody was saying to me all the time....or thinking what I should do.
It drove me nuts!! It got me so full of anxiety, I thought something was wrong with me. I started looking everywhere just to meet someone...anyone. That way, people wouldn't say anything, or I wouldn't feel I was "undesirable". I HATED that uneasy "something's wrong" feeling.
It's true what they say about people being able to tell if someone is looking too hard.

I ended up joining a dating service...the "original" ones way back when. I met a guy, I thought he'd be great. Same religion, same nationality, etc.
I didn't spend much time with him, but he asked me to marry him after 6 months. Of course I said yes. Now everyone will be happy for me...they won't ask me the same questions....they won't look at me as a "single".

I was living with a monster!!! I went into the whole mess in a post on the early trial thread. I just usually don't like to bring it to the surface any more. But, just let me say, to all the people who I ALLOWED to make me feel like it was something I "needed" to do....here's a big 'ol eff you to that!!!

OK, what's the point??? Don't make yourself think you need to "make" something happen. Don't feel it's something you "have" to do. There's no age or time limit on love.
You're ONLY 34. Concentrate on you and your new promotion. Go thru your clothes and put different outfits together....get some funky "Nancy Grace" necklaces....some handcuffs, perhaps??? LOL
Have a glass of wine and dance around in your PJ's....when ya get a little tipsy, try on some new make up looks and hair do's....that's always good for a few laughs.

I joined Match.com, too. I won't meet anyone until we email a few times, then talk on the phone and get to know each other a little. THEN I'll go on a date after a week or two. I can tell by then if he's worth shavin my legs for.....LOL

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - YouTube

"Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone".....best line of the song!

Aaaaand, now I'll go back to bein' a lurker...LOL

MyTinkieGirl I love your post! And I love that song!

I had not seen this post of M's so I'm glad you brought it over.

I have some thoughts on this b/c my sister is also in the same situation (she's 36). She has a long-distance boyfriend but he seems to have no interest in settling down and I think he basically is not the commitment (as in marriage) kind of guy. (Not saying they have open relationship or something like that, they are committed to each other, but just not marriage).

Everyone is always urging her to forget about him and find another guy who will marry you. She says, but I like him, what if I find a guy and get married and I'm not happy? She says she would rather have this type of relationship and be happy.

There are many many people who are in unhappy marriages. Marriage is not the solution for everything, in fact it can sometimes add more stress to your life! At least with a boyfriend, you have option of breaking up and moving on to someone else. And no husband or no boyfriend, you are free to do whatever you want!! You can come and go wherever as you please. No one to cook for, no one to do laundry for, no one to "check-in" with when you wanna go do something.

On the other hand, having a partner has many benefits, too.

So, as with everything, there are pros and cons. I feel like, if you're in a place in life where you're single, then ENJOY IT. And when the time comes when you are in a relationship, then you can enjoy the aspects of having a life partner. Each stage has its own benefits as well as its own problems.

I'm not just cooler, I'm colder. It was 47 degrees this morning when I got up and 60 inside the house. While the temp did hit 70 outside today, my house never got warmer than 66.

I'm wearing fleece today.

Please send some of that heat and a bit of humidity here. I miss the summer weather. It is beautiful outside but it is cool for me today. The sun does not even stay on the back deck anymore. My poor potted plants need some sun and warmth. Me too.

I'm not just cooler, I'm colder. It was 47 degrees this morning when I got up and 60 inside the house. While the temp did hit 70 outside today, my house never got warmer than 66.

I have been in jeans and a sweatshirt today. I even put the flip flops aside and slipped on closed shoes. Bummer

Please send some of that heat and a bit of humidity here. I miss the summer weather. It is beautiful outside but it is cool for me today. The sun does not even stay on the back deck anymore. My poor potted plants need some sun and warmth. Me too.

Trust me you don't want this kind of heat. The humidity is nasty and makes you feel "wet" all the time. Potato chips go soggy in the cupboard, and the salt fuses together in the salt shaker.

It's so unseasonal for Manitoba! We can have hot weather, but usually in July or the first part of August. This has been going on for weeks (we had a short reprieve for a few days in the last week), and people are getting miserable. The only thing saving us right now is that this time of year it gets pretty cool in the evening. We'll go from 105 degrees to about 50 overnight. I can't wait for the sun to go down today!

In NJ, today was 63 degree fall like weather -- beautiful!! Went down to 48 overnight -- tomorrow will be in the late 80's again -- love this weather here this time of year!

Trust me you don't want this kind of heat. The humidity is nasty and makes you feel "wet" all the time. Potato chips go soggy in the cupboard, and the salt fuses together in the salt shaker.

It's so unseasonal for Manitoba! We can have hot weather, but usually in July or the first part of August. This has been going on for weeks (we had a short reprieve for a few days in the last week), and people are getting miserable. The only thing saving us right now is that this time of year it gets pretty cool in the evening. We'll go from 105 degrees to about 50 overnight. I can't wait for the sun to go down today!

Put some grains of rice in your shaker ... it works great to absorb the moisture!

What time is the party starting tonight? Is there anything I can bring?

:bananapowerslide::Banane39::Banane13::Banane10::Bananahide:

Anybody feel like dancing?

Put some grains of rice in your shaker ... it works great to absorb the moisture!

But it's not the salt I'm fussed about, it's the doggone HEAT. It's much cooler here now. My son opened up all the windows and put the big industrial blowers we have where they can blow the cool air into the house. It's heaven LoL.

Hubby decided to do the rice thing last summer when we had humidity, but he decided to put it in the box of salt rather than the shaker. Bad move. Every time I had to use salt for cooking I had to pick the rice out first. :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey