SIDEBAR #22- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my mom's birthday. It's the second one to pass without her being here.

She always told us that she turned 13 years old on Friday the 13th. Today is another Friday the 13th birthday and it falls in the year 2013. She would think this was something!

RIP, Mom. Been thinking about you and miss you.

That's so sweet, gc.

Today is my mom's birthday. It's the second one to pass without her being here.

She always told us that she turned 13 years old on Friday the 13th. Today is another Friday the 13th birthday and it falls in the year 2013. She would think this was something!

RIP, Mom. Been thinking about you and miss you.

----------
Thinking of you gcharlie, :loveyou:

Drudge says there's about 5' of snow in upstate NY. Be careful up there! YesOrNo is up there somewhere - hope she's warm all snuggled up. :seeya:

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas too. I finally got myself in the mood by going Christmas shopping for my DH's grandkids. Granddaughter is into dressing up like a Princess, that is in princess dresses. I wasn't even sure what that was until I started looking. Omg, now I remember why I always missed not having a daughter. So I found a really pretty dress, one of those with a full skirt that's covered with a sheer voille type fabric. Then came across the most adorable white faux fur mink stole. And it has a little matching purse with it! :skip: Oh dear, how could I pass it up, it is toooo adorable. So she really will look like the little princess that she is. :luv:

And, I am looking forward to making some good things to eat as well. Did ya'll see the recipe on KCL's blog for the Jam thumbprint cookies? Yum... I'm thinking I may do those, and/or maybe a Rum Cake. And I love to make appetizers, like cheese balls and dips, things like that. I don't know why, but that's what I like to make :). Just gotta watch out or I'll be looking like the :doughboy: after the holidays, lol.

Also, going to church last Sunday helped too. So thankful that I'm finally getting in the Christmas spirit.

Every little princess needs a tiara. You can find some real cheap online. My daughter wears her grandmother's sometimes, and she's thirty seven. She still thinks she's a princess.

Anna and I have been moss farming this last year and are giving mini terrariums. The smallest is two inches tall (about the size of a lipstick) and has a sprig of frog hair moss. I have a big one on my kitchen counter that I made out of a huge vase I found in a thrift shop, and made several terraces and lattice for it to grow on. It has different moss that live in a more moist, to not so much, further up. It's like my own little journey from the valley to the mountains top. I've got my live Norfolk pine that I hope to not kill before Christmas day,but haven't done anything more than that yet. This is the only plant I haven't found that perfect balance with.

I found out my Christmas present is a pergola...... hmmm I really trying to remember if I said I thought they were neat, cool looking or what made him think I really wanted one? Next year I'm making a rumpot.. don't know why, never took to drinking, much to my father surprise, but always like the taste when kissed.

John Denver & The Muppets-The Peace Carol - YouTube

Every little princess needs a tiara. You can find some real cheap online. My daughter wears her grandmother's sometimes, and she's thirty seven. She still thinks she's a princess.

Anna and I have been moss farming this last year and are giving mini terrariums. The smallest is two inches tall (about the size of a lipstick) and has a sprig of frog hair moss. I have a big one on my kitchen counter that I made out of a huge vase I found in a thrift shop, and made several terraces and lattice for it to grow on. It has different moss that live in a more moist, to not so much, further up. It's like my own little journey from the valley to the mountains top. I've got my live Norfolk pine that I hope to not kill before Christmas day,but haven't done anything more than that yet. This is the only plant I haven't found that perfect balance with.

I found out my Christmas present is a pergola...... hmmm I really trying to remember if I said I thought they were neat, cool looking or what made him think I really wanted one? Next year I'm making a rumpot.. don't know why, never took to drinking, much to my father surprise, but always like the taste when kissed.

The terrariums sound neat. Years and years ago, I used to plant terrariums, but I planted them with little miniature plants, not moss. It would be really interesting to see your moss terrarium as I don't remember seeing one like that. I love moss, but don't have many places to grow it. Everytime I try to grow Irish moss in my fairy garden it lasts a few weeks then dies. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if I may ask, what's a rumpot ? I assume it's more than just a pot full of Bacardi, LOL. :seeya:

The terrariums sound neat. Years and years ago, I used to plant terrariums, but I planted them with little miniature plants, not moss. It would be really interesting to see your moss terrarium as I don't remember seeing one like that. I love moss, but don't have many places to grow it. Everytime I try to grow Irish moss in my fairy garden it lasts a few weeks then dies. :rolleyes:

I don't have a Norfolk pine, but that reminds me of my False Aralias, and two of them, the Ming Aralias, have suddenly started wilting and losing leaves. I have no idea why. They don't like wet feet, so then I let them dry out then they start to wilt. So I water them, and then they start to look worse. :facepalm:

Oh, and if I may ask, what's a rumpot ? I assume it's more than just a pot full of Bacardi, LOL. :seeya:

One lawyer out there seems to be saying that everything will be under seal until the retrial begins.

So the gag order, if issued, will be under seal and there will be no way to verify if one has been issued and who is under the order.

Motions??? Hard for me to figure what motions could be coming forward now, especially with a retrial. Thought all of the bases had been covered in terms of PR. Whatever they might be, Nurmi is earning his keep.

CMJA has stopped tweeting. So, too, has her former cellie. Gag order? Jury selection should take awhile, so if the trial is to begin in mid-February, it might begin relatively soon, no?

I don't have a Norfolk pine, but that reminds me of my False Aralias, and two of them, the Ming Aralias, have suddenly started wilting and losing leaves. I have no idea why. They don't like wet feet, so then I let them dry out then they start to wilt. So I water them, and then they start to look worse. :facepalm:

I've had three plants that seemed to just collapse overnight, when they were doing great before I re potted this past spring, and I was thinking maybe it was the potting soil I used. It's getting harder to find just plain old potting soil so can make your own mixture. They all have time released fertilizers, and I don't know if it burned them up. I don't think anything can kill monster plants. I have one that is from one my sister was given in 1978 (and the mother plant was over thirty years old then) by her boyfriends mother. I have never had any luck with Aralias , but my prayer plant and I have come to an agreement, and she's doing very well, it'll grow if I let her almost dry out between waterings. Did you macrame hanging planters in the seventies?

neesaki you'd probably like moss farming, it's not for those who want instant results. It's surprising how many kinds there are, and realized that I was standing in moss at the cabin one day. It was growing all over the ground and I scooped some up and it's doing quite well. You can also put moss in a blender with buttermilk and make a "paint' and do graffiti or art by painting it on surfaces if you want. And if you want to just do terrariums look at thrift store, goodwills, garage sales etc; for different shape and sizes dirt cheap. Add a little soil and your moss, mist till soil it wet, tamp down edges (lightly) and add a nice saucer for the top if you don't have one, and put in a window with low light or pulled back further in the room. Google moss terrariums, and you'll get many ideas that you want to make one out of.

A Rumpot or rumpoth is an old old German dessert that you have around the holidays, You start making it way back in June or July, by layering fruits, sugar and rum in a large covered crock (again check thrift stores) and letting it mellow. Add a new layer of fruit, more sugar, and rum each month, and by Christmas you've got a wonderful wicked topping for ice cream, cheesecakes , whatever you want and don't forget to drink the juice.

Surprised that geevee wasn't here first with an update.

No trial date set for CMJA. Next court date 1/3/14 set for oral arguments.

There are no outstanding motions that I can tell by looking at the court docket. Which seems to say that JSS is being extremely cautious and sealing motions.

Unless this is a clerk error and was supposed to read status conference...

-----------
Maybe they are going for a record. Longest case! :floorlaugh: :seeya:

Drudge says there's about 5' of snow in upstate NY. Be careful up there! YesOrNo is up there somewhere - hope she's warm all snuggled up. :seeya:

--------------
daisymae, we havent 5' yet but we are working on it over the weekend!! :eek:verreaction::santa::Banane05::raincloud::genie:

I've had three plants that seemed to just collapse overnight, when they were doing great before I re potted this past spring, and I was thinking maybe it was the potting soil I used. It's getting harder to find just plain old potting soil so can make your own mixture. They all have time released fertilizers, and I don't know if it burned them up. I don't think anything can kill monster plants. I have one that is from one my sister was given in 1978 (and the mother plant was over thirty years old then) by her boyfriends mother. I have never had any luck with Aralias , but my prayer plant and I have come to an agreement, and she's doing very well, it'll grow if I let her almost dry out between waterings. Did you macrame hanging planters in the seventies?

neesaki you'd probably like moss farming, it's not for those who want instant results. It's surprising how many kinds there are, and realized that I was standing in moss at the cabin one day. It was growing all over the ground and I scooped some up and it's doing quite well. You can also put moss in a blender with buttermilk and make a "paint' and do graffiti or art by painting it on surfaces if you want. And if you want to just do terrariums look at thrift store, goodwills, garage sales etc; for different shape and sizes dirt cheap. Add a little soil and your moss, mist till soil it wet, tamp down edges (lightly) and add a nice saucer for the top if you don't have one, and put in a window with low light or pulled back further in the room. Google moss terrariums, and you'll get many ideas that you want to make one out of.

A Rumpot or rumpoth is an old old German dessert that you have around the holidays, You start making it way back in June or July, by layering fruits, sugar and rum in a large covered crock (again check thrift stores) and letting it mellow. Add a new layer of fruit, more sugar, and rum each month, and by Christmas you've got a wonderful wicked topping for ice cream, cheesecakes , whatever you want and don't forget to drink the juice.

If anyone wants Spanish moss, give me a holler! :floorlaugh:
It's everywhere hanging on the old oaks.

CMJA has stopped tweeting. So, too, has her former cellie. Gag order? Jury selection should take awhile, so if the trial is to begin in mid-February, it might begin relatively soon, no?

---------
Hi, I'll bet jodis having a royal fit:tantrum: I dont think she realized a gag on media would pertain to her also!! I want to LOL..:floorlaugh: The gag order is worth it just to know she must be in agony.:pullhair::rage:

:loveyou:

If anyone wants Spanish moss, give me a holler! :floorlaugh:
It's everywhere hanging on the old oaks.

---------
Oh daisymae I'd love some moss! We have nothing hanging outside but icicles. I love Irish moss but can never find it for sale. My grandma always had a patch by her little house. I remember it from forever.:loveyou:

---------
Oh daisymae I'd love some moss! We have nothing hanging outside but icicles. I love Irish moss but can never find it for sale. My grandma always had a patch by her little house. I remember it from forever.:loveyou:

There are several sellers of moss, and I found one site that said Irish moss grew where stills for making beer or wine were. Did your granny make any rheumatism medicine?

There are several sellers of moss, and I found one site that said Irish moss grew where stills for making beer or wine were. Did your granny make any rheumatism medicine?

Due to the moisture, humidity, soil nutrients, etc? Interesting. And a common thread, I really like both Irish moss and wine. Or should I say, I like wine and Irish moss? :giggle: :toastred:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona