SIDEBAR #22- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss y'all. Where is everyone tonight?

------------Hi m1279, How the h*(( are you??? I hope your are doing ok now ,all over your pneumonia. We are glad to have you back. Take care. :loveyou:

There are several sellers of moss, and I found one site that said Irish moss grew where stills for making beer or wine were. Did your granny make any rheumatism medicine?

-----------
I Like, no gramma didnt but my Uncle made hooch in the bath tub. Prohibition.
Feds came, my mother (Late teens) ran in the bath room and pulled the plug. Uncle got 3 months in the work:Banane35:house!! They smelled it.:Banane35:
:loveyou:

For my imaginary friends that I love :loveyou:

For my imaginary friends that I love :loveyou:

The same to you your family and all here at WS. It's almost here. Since the weather was frightfully cold and snowy, I did half my Christmas baking yesterday and wrapped presents. Had a nice glass of wine and relaxed a bit. As much as I dislike winter, my day was pleasant and cozy.

I did not know until just now that Irish Moss is used in home-brewing! :floorlaugh: What was that show where the sisters still made moonshine, put it in teacups, called it "The Recipe" and knew no better as dad taught it to them and the cops just let it go? My love of mason jars is showing, lol.

One example:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/irish-moss-1-oz.html

Good grief, I grew up in moonshine state. No one ever talked to me about it, although I do know where some stills used to be. I left that state 30 years ago though.

The plant itself, I have purchased. I think it was through Michigan Bulb Company, it didn't make it, but neither did anything else. I was renting in a building that must have poured salt on the silt, lol. (They offer great freebies with every order, so does gardensalive.com. Look for coupon codes when ordering things online. I have yet to find a good source for online living plantings though.)

Rumpot, sounds like brewing up some strong and tasty FRUIT CAKE SOAKER! Yep, mom and dad made homemade fruitcake. In October, in a giant galvanized tub thingy, soaked it until Christmas in whatever flavor of liquor, or liquer, for that year. Wrapped in torn old white sheets, set in a cool room, usually in the China Cabinet. Until candied fruit and nuts got too expensive. Then dad would go gather nuts - good grief the lovely taste of fresh gathered black walnuts - and made applesauce nut cakes.) How lucky was I? Believe me, homemade fruitcake with a recipe from centuries ago, is not like that sugary thing you get in the store. No where close. The only alcohol ever in the house was for the weekly soaking of cakes for 2 months. Never hurt us. Only loved it!

A different topic, what browser does everyone use? My fave just changed to a Chrome mimick and I keep getting those drop downs, pop ups that are attackers....

Just found a giant dead stink bug in one of the overhead vents for Central Air. I was trying to put in some filter thing as it blows right on my face at night. So gross! Wonder if that is why it stinks when the heat comes on? (Other than all other apartment bathroom stink smells, ugh!)

Just found a giant dead stink bug in one of the overhead vents for Central Air. I was trying to put in some filter thing as it blows right on my face at night. So gross! Wonder if that is why it stinks when the heat comes on? (Other than all other apartment bathroom stink smells, ugh!)

My daughter called me one day and said she had stink bugs on the house. I had no idea what a stink bug was, so, she sent me a picture of one. Well we had them also on the deck. I guess since the weather was getting cold they were trying to make their way into the house. My daughter said not to squash it because the have a foul oder. She found out because she killed one. I heard the odor they give off is like the smell of cilantro.

My daughter called me one day and said she had stink bugs on the house. I had no idea what a stink bug was, so, she sent me a picture of one. Well we had them also on the deck. I guess since the weather was getting cold they were trying to make their way into the house. My daughter said not to squash it because the have a foul oder. She found out because she killed one. I heard the odor they give off is like the smell of cilantro.

Oh thank you!

Nope, not the dead stink bug then. It smells like the, erm, bathroom when others go. Guess it gets blown around when the heat comes on. Not the worst apartment complaint, but it is disgusting, makes me sick to my stomach. :sick:

Never smashed a stink bug, as the news lets us know in spring and summer. Don't plan to smash one, especially not inside!!!

More jokes from my Reader's Digest:

One thing I learned from drinking is that if you ever go Christmas caroling, you should go with a group of people. And also go in mid-December.

One your way to hell, there will be a six-year-old pushing a shopping cart one foot behind you.

Two hunters fly to Kenya, where they bag six gazelles. As the crew is loading the small plan to return, the pilot says that aircraft can take only four gazelles back. "Last time, the pilot let us take all six, and he had the same plane as yours," argues the first hunter. Reluctantly, the pilot gives in and takes off. but the little plane is too heavy, and it goes down. Climbing out the wreckage, the second hunter turns to the other. "Any idea where we are?" The first replies, "I'd say we're pretty close to where we crashed last time."

You just can't trust atoms - they make up everything.

I tell my kids that Santa is fat because he eats the children who get up early on Christmas morning. That way, I get to sleep in.

Mike went into work an hour late, his face scratched and bruised, his glasses bent. "What happened to you?" his boss asked. "I fell down two flights of stairs," Mike said. His boss was aghast. "That took you a whole hour?"

George, the Prince Formally Known As: New rule: Stop asking if the new royal baby is more like William or more like Kate. He's more like Uncle Harry - naked and unable to stand. -Bill Maher

Reaction, Shutdown:
Has anyone just tried turning the government off then back on again?

America is on shutdown @twitter; it's time to start spelling "favourite" correctly.

I was a vegetarian until I started leaning toward the sunlight.

OMG, IDK - WD-40, CVS, and M&M's: These common acronyms had us scratching our heads when we tried to guess what stood for. Do you know?
Water Displacement - 40th formula; Consumer Vale Stores; and Mars & Murrie's, the last names of the candy's co-owners. Yes, this is what the internet is really for. That, and cute cat videos.

:seeya:

Good to see you M. We worry about you when you are gone for a while.

Wondering if you have a special cookie recipe you bake for the holidays. I baked anginettes an Italian favorite my grandmother use to make. Also, Russian Tea Cakes, which come in different names such as Italian Wedding Cookies or Mexican Tea Cakes. Go figure that one out. Gingersnaps are a favorite of my daughter and grandaughter and this year I am trying Peanut Butter Blossoms. I use to bake a much bigger selection of cookies but I have given that up. So, whats your favorite?

Wondering if you have a special cookie recipe you bake for the holidays. I baked anginettes an Italian favorite my grandmother use to make. Also, Russian Tea Cakes, which come in different names such as Italian Wedding Cookies or Mexican Tea Cakes. Go figure that one out. Gingersnaps are a favorite of my daughter and grandaughter and this year I am trying Peanut Butter Blossoms. I use to bake a much bigger selection of cookies but I have given that up. So, whats your favorite?

I don't bake cookies, I just eat them. I will be glad to be your cookie taster.

I did not know until just now that Irish Moss is used in home-brewing! :floorlaugh: What was that show where the sisters still made moonshine, put it in teacups, called it "The Recipe" and knew no better as dad taught it to them and the cops just let it go? My love of mason jars is showing, lol.

One example:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/irish-moss-1-oz.html

Good grief, I grew up in moonshine state. No one ever talked to me about it, although I do know where some stills used to be. I left that state 30 years ago though.

The plant itself, I have purchased. I think it was through Michigan Bulb Company, it didn't make it, but neither did anything else. I was renting in a building that must have poured salt on the silt, lol. (They offer great freebies with every order, so does gardensalive.com. Look for coupon codes when ordering things online. I have yet to find a good source for online living plantings though.)

Rumpot, sounds like brewing up some strong and tasty FRUIT CAKE SOAKER! Yep, mom and dad made homemade fruitcake. In October, in a giant galvanized tub thingy, soaked it until Christmas in whatever flavor of liquor, or liquer, for that year. Wrapped in torn old white sheets, set in a cool room, usually in the China Cabinet. Until candied fruit and nuts got too expensive. Then dad would go gather nuts - good grief the lovely taste of fresh gathered black walnuts - and made applesauce nut cakes.) How lucky was I? Believe me, homemade fruitcake with a recipe from centuries ago, is not like that sugary thing you get in the store. No where close. The only alcohol ever in the house was for the weekly soaking of cakes for 2 months. Never hurt us. Only loved it!

A different topic, what browser does everyone use? My fave just changed to a Chrome mimick and I keep getting those drop downs, pop ups that are attackers....

I used Firefox and an add on , ad it seems to work;

It was two old sisters that had a still in the hothouse on Andy Griffin show

Andy Griffith Show 720 HD " Alcohol and Old Lace Pt 1 " - YouTube

Andy Griffith Show 720 HD " Alcohol and Old Lace Pt 2 " - YouTube

and Granny was always making moonshine

The Beverly Hillbillies - Season 1 Episode 4 - YouTube

and then there were the two sisters in Arsenic and Old Lace and their Elderberry wine.

Arsenic and Old Lace (2/10) Movie CLIP - Elderberry Wine (1944) HD - YouTube

okay, I've caught up on reading all my Reader's Digest, so here are the final jokes:

When my husband's friend gave his order at a fast-food restaurant, the cashier asked for his name. "It's Stephen, with a ph." he said. Soon after, he was handed his order and a receipt, which had his name on it: Phteven.

My nine-year-old and I passed a store with a sign that read "Watch Batteries Installed - $5". He seemed confused: "Who would pay to watch batteries installed?"

Yin & Yang:
My grandmother called to tell me she'd gotten an e-mail account. "Great", I said. "Send me a message so I'll have your e-mail address." I waited and waited, but she never sent it. Several days later, an envelope arrived-Grandma had written her info on a piece of paper and mailed it to me.

Scene: A call-center operator on the phone with a doctor.
Doctor: If you don't turn my cell phone back on today, I'll tell the families of my patients and their lawyers that you are responsible for my patients deaths because I couldn't be reached.
Operator: Sir, if you are expecting you patients to die, perhaps they should switch to a different physician.

A surveyor drops by Will's farm in eastern Minnesota and announces that he has some bad news. "I discovered that your farm isn't in Minnesota," he says. "It's actually in Wisconsin." Will lets out a sigh of relief. "That's the best news I've heard in a long time." he says. "I was just telling my wife this morning that I don't think I can take another winter in Minnesota."

:seeya:

I don't bake, but the Huz will be baking gingerbread and sugar cookies this Christmas!!! Yummy!! :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname