Sidebar for Caylee Anthony's forum #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bug activity should have been higher no matter what, which is why I assume Casey cleaned it up as much as she could. Maybe she thought she could get rid of the smell by cleaning.

Apparently Vass said the decomp from the carpet could have been anywhere from .7 to 2.6 days. So maybe the bagging happened closer to 1 day into the process. We know Casey went back to the house on the afternoon of June 17. (And on the 18th for the shovel.) Perhaps Caylee was just lying in the trunk in the parking lot of Tony's apartment on the night of June 16 :(, and the bags were not involved until the next afternoon.

I'm leaning toward the very quick trip to the house area on the afternoon of June 20 as "dumping day." That night, Casey acted in what was, according to her friends, an uncharacteristically drunken manner at Fusian--Hot Body contest, running up Tony's tab, babbling about how she could be a professional singer or whatever. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Casey's drama about keeping George away from the trunk on the 24th was more about not being caught with the gas cans than anything else. Remember, she had just denied having them. IMO she was racing him to the trunk so she could grab the tire wedge he was pretending to want and close the trunk before he saw the gas cans. But he was too speedy and she was forced to admit taking his "f*ing cans."

BBM. Do you [or anyone] think George smelled decomp on the 24th?

BBM. Do you [or anyone] think George smelled decomp on the 24th?

Maybe subconsciously...not realizing what it was until he smelled it again on July 15. :( I wonder if the smell clung to his gas cans.

I believe it could be true, and have thought that way for a very long time.

Ugh, I felt like I walked into a torture chamber when I started listening to that. I couldn't listen, I can't believe I felt such internal rage after the first 30 seconds. I shut it off.

I tried also but the host sounded like she was in awe of him, so I couldn't continue.

I believe it could be true, and have thought that way for a very long time.

I have lost count how many things I have believed, cancelled, only to believe again. Seems like a whirlwind.

But, I have always thought that he had to have smelled something and I always felt [right or wrong] that Casey was hiding more than gas cans from him.

I wonder if fca was covering up the decomp smell with the gasoline...

I will never ever get over what KC did. I'll never ever get over the prosecution doing their best for a jury that didn't care. I'll never ever get over how hard everyone worked to get some sort of justice for Caylee only to hear 'Not guilty' on all accounts on that miserable verdict day.

No amount of theorising, analysing and journaling is helping heal this hurt. It is so raw and so painful still. It seems a bit overly dramatic to say this but I think I'll look back at this verdict when I'm 95 years old and say "That is one of the hardest things I've had to digest in all my life".

Me too. Not sure why. I feel like I'm being overly dramatic as well, which is why I only talk about it here.

http://trialconsultants.com/services.html

With Wizpor® Witnesses: Discovery Re: Action®, you will receive real time feedback during witness depositions. Wizpor® technology simulcasts the deposition in real time to a secret, password protected hand-picked and anonymous "audience." While one attorney asks questions to the witness, an associate or paralegal can view live comments/opinions/observations/questions made by your "audience" and "audience" moderator. Questions, comments and observations are texted to your laptop or iPad.

Opinion Stream®

Trial Consultants, Inc first introduced opinion streaming in 1999. Opinion Streams® allows attorneys to get reactions to their case issues from tapping into various cyber villages/communities. The best of both worlds are blended seamlessly in Opinion Stream®: anonymous responses increase candor while tapping into cyber communities providing insight into value beliefs and interests.

http://www.trademarkia.com/opinion-stream-85422661.html

BBM: Possible, but maybe very messy? What if the laundry bag was added afterward, to contain the mess and allow for eventual disposal (handles).

It has been my experience in dealing with garbage and food items, that plastic bags seem impervious, but can end up leaking.

True story: A few years ago, I left a whole turkey sitting undisturbed on a platter in the fridge for several days, double-sealed in two tied plastic shopping bags. I had no idea it had gone VERY, VERY bad -- there was NO odor whatsoever, until I lifted the heavy bag(s) from the plate.

OMG OMG >>> Instant nauseating MASSIVE NASTINESS immediately filled my nose and my home -- the smell was intense and pervasive, and took a long time to get rid of. Unbeknownst to me, the plastic bag and the heft of the turkey had been sealing all the reeking ugliness underneath until I broke that seal by lifting it from the platter. Whew, what a shock and what an unpleasant experience.

To dispose of this rotting, stinking carcass, I then had to (ugh) place the original, leaking plastic bags containing the nasty turkey inside a bigger plastic bag with handles, into which I'd first placed newspapers in the bottom, to soak up and contain the mess.

I have recalled this stinky incident repeatedly when pondering the topic of FCA's texts to Amy beginning 6/25/08, about a "something-died" smell that suddenly became a problem in her car until she "got rid of it." JMO

This happened to my parents too. I entered the scene at the time they were tripple bagging it and putting it in the trunk to drive it to the closest dumpster. They drove with the windows down and prayed no one would think they were dumping a body. The house stunk to high heaven, and the car did for several hours too.

Interesting debate. You both make good arguments.

OJ Simpson was my husband's favorite athlete....my husband wore his #.....when he tells football stories now, and the name OJ comes up, there is always some comment or inference, to make it clear he does not admire nor respect him as a person any longer, but can't deny his athletic history. So to me OJ is apples to FCA's oranges....FCA was never known or respected for anything from what I've read, there is no positive "before" to her "after".

I'm hopeful that society will continue to punish FCA by excluding her from celebrity and the perks that go along with it, and instead that we all continue to stand our ground by not purchasing anything or watching any show that might put $ in her pocket....

I am a huge Bills fan and I believe he's guilty. So does every other Bills fan I know. No Bills fans really care about him. We're embarrassed about him.

As far as the HOF goes. The football HOF is for football accomplishments and not life accomplishments. However, if he hadn't already been enshrined he would probably have had a much harder time getting in after the murders. The judges probably wouldn't even want to discuss it. JMO

If character mattered that much Steve Tasker would be in the HOF.

Thank you so much for the links. I'm sure I've forgotten more than I remember about the details of this case. :)

There are things I remember, but I go to look up a source for them and can't find one or find one that tells me I'm wrong. Getting old sucks!!! Errr... not that you would know. :innocent:

I think the bug activity should have been higher no matter what, which is why I assume Casey cleaned it up as much as she could. Maybe she thought she could get rid of the smell by cleaning.

Apparently Vass said the decomp from the carpet could have been anywhere from .7 to 2.6 days. So maybe the bagging happened closer to 1 day into the process. We know Casey went back to the house on the afternoon of June 17. (And on the 18th for the shovel.) Perhaps Caylee was just lying in the trunk in the parking lot of Tony's apartment on the night of June 16 :(, and the bags were not involved until the next afternoon.

I'm leaning toward the very quick trip to the house area on the afternoon of June 20 as "dumping day." That night, Casey acted in what was, according to her friends, an uncharacteristically drunken manner at Fusian--Hot Body contest, running up Tony's tab, babbling about how she could be a professional singer or whatever. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think Casey's drama about keeping George away from the trunk on the 24th was more about not being caught with the gas cans than anything else. Remember, she had just denied having them. IMO she was racing him to the trunk so she could grab the tire wedge he was pretending to want and close the trunk before he saw the gas cans. But he was too speedy and she was forced to admit taking his "f*ing cans."

BBM

By the 24th the car should be smelling as bad as it did when picked up, I'd think. You might have to be closer to the trunk to smell it, but I think it was there. I think the gas can thing was definitely linked to the smell. JMO

BTW, I don't think the prosecution even mentioned that during the trial. It would have shown KC trying to cover up to George, who supposedly already knew Caylee was dead.

Andrea Yates was found legally insane and she certainly was. She had zero concept of reality, which is a rarity in cases like these. She killed her children methodically and called 911 immediately, reporting that she had to save them from the "devil." Casey killed her daughter in between Facebook posts. Casey NEVER called 911. Cindy did. Andrea didn't lie, drive around with them in her trunk, avoid her husband for 31 days stringing him along telling lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie to avoid getting caught.

Andrea did NOT know right from wrong, unlike Casey, therefore she did not dump and hide her children's bodies in the woods like trash and go partying with her new boyfriend.

Comparing Andrea Yates and Casey Anthony are apples and oranges. There is no comparison.

I stand by what I said, no matter how strong the word is. People hate Casey Anthony.

If not, why has a person like Casey, the girl that smirked during her perp walk, who pranced for the cameras prompting Kathy Belich to ask her "Why are you walking like that?", who loved the limelight and reveled in her new "fame" been in hiding for the past year and a half? Why hasn't any major network paid her for her "big" interview? Remember OJ's? He had a few. He also had one that was supposed to air on Fox cancelled by the network due to public outcry a whole ten years after his trial.

Casey is hated. Oj is hated and NOT celebrated. "Sports Fans" do not represent all of the American Public and they may still appreciate his career but he is infamous in the eyes of the public. His accomplishments are forever marred by a grisly murder that most believe he committed and got away with, and like Casey, the majority cannot even stomach an interview from him.

Casey and Oj may not be the first people accused of murder, but she, like OJ, got away with it and people hate that and they tend not to forget it. Ever.

MOO

Emphasis by me.

I nominate that for the quote of the year about this trial. :laughcry:

I wasn't sure if this JB radio interview was posted.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/celebritycourtradio/2012/08/30/celebrity-court

Interviewer is from Cleveland OH

Quote: "Since the theme was this was an accident that was covered up...."

"We had to show a large amount of dysfunction..."

And this beauty.... "We invented all of, uh uh........"

I can't make it work. :sigh: The quotes say a lot though.

I wonder if fca was covering up the decomp smell with the gasoline...

That's a good question. She may have tried to use gas to clean it with.

Shout out, I am in Orlando and would ,like to do a WS visit. I am not savvy to how to upload photos or videos. I will take video and photos to share, and drop off stuff as was mentioned earlier. ANJ or other, can I forwward to you for up,oad? And others, let me know what you want me to take.

Shout out, I am in Orlando and would ,like to do a WS visit. I am not savvy to how to upload photos or videos. I will take video and photos to share, and drop off stuff as was mentioned earlier. ANJ or other, can I forwward to you for up,oad? And others, let me know what you want me to take.

OMG, did you take over Casey's event coordinator job !!!! :great:

[Sorry, coulldn't resist]:floorlaugh:

Just popping on as I noticed a "bunch" of

:newbie: s

:welcome6:

tandt, bonniez451, Feebot, LinTX and peedoffinny

:thewave:

:greetings:

okay... back to...
:lurk:

BBM

There was a really horrible stain on the laundry bag, though, and the outline of a small curled-up person. :( So I don't think the plastic bags were used first.

This is interesting, and something I don't remember seeing before. When did this information come out about the stain in the laundry bag? TIA

Coffin flies can get into small openings, yes. However, coffin flies are attracted at a significantly later stage of decomposition in general.

An excerpt from a forensics site:

Insect succession uses the fact that a body (human or otherwise) supports a rapidly changing ecosystem as it decomposes. As they decay, the remains go through physical, biological and chemical changes, and different stages attract different species of insects.

Calliphoridae (blow flies) and Sarcophagidae (flesh flies) may arrive within 24 h of death if the season is suitable or within minutes if blood or other body fluids are present. Other species, like Piophilidae (cheese skippers) [and "coffin flies"], are not interested in the fresh corpse, but are attracted to the body at a later stage of decomposition.

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/entomologie-entomology/

At the link there is much more by way of explanation, as well as other factors which influence insect activity.

If Caylee died in the sealed trunk or very shortly before being placed there, and especially if she were already sealed inside at least one plastic bag at or shortly after death, with her mouth and nose sealed with duct tape, and her other end 'sealed' with a pull-up and shorts, and had no wounds to her body, one would not expect not to find much evidence of early insect activity.

(IMO the fly maggots/larvae etc. found in the trash bag originated from the trash, and from the adipocere-laden paper towels inside it, which were apparently used on "got rid of it" day.)

JMO

Yes, about the coffin flies - I didn't mean they showed up early as we were discussing - just they particularly can - when we are talking about getting into what are apparently sealed places - like coffins and sealed trunks of cars. I should have been more specific about what I was commenting on.

Andrea Yates was found legally insane and she certainly was. She had zero concept of reality, which is a rarity in cases like these. She killed her children methodically and called 911 immediately, reporting that she had to save them from the "devil." Casey killed her daughter in between Facebook posts. Casey NEVER called 911. Cindy did. Andrea didn't lie, drive around with them in her trunk, avoid her husband for 31 days stringing him along telling lie after lie after lie after lie after lie after lie to avoid getting caught.

Andrea did NOT know right from wrong, unlike Casey, therefore she did not dump and hide her children's bodies in the woods like trash and go partying with her new boyfriend.

Comparing Andrea Yates and Casey Anthony are apples and oranges. There is no comparison.

I stand by what I said, no matter how strong the word is. People hate Casey Anthony.

If not, why has a person like Casey, the girl that smirked during her perp walk, who pranced for the cameras prompting Kathy Belich to ask her "Why are you walking like that?", who loved the limelight and reveled in her new "fame" been in hiding for the past year and a half? Why hasn't any major network paid her for her "big" interview? Remember OJ's? He had a few. He also had one that was supposed to air on Fox cancelled by the network due to public outcry a whole ten years after his trial.

Casey is hated. Oj is hated and NOT celebrated. "Sports Fans" do not represent all of the American Public and they may still appreciate his career but he is infamous in the eyes of the public. His accomplishments are forever marred by a grisly murder that most believe he committed and got away with, and like Casey, the majority cannot even stomach an interview from him.

Casey and Oj may not be the first people accused of murder, but she, like OJ, got away with it and people hate that and they tend not to forget it. Ever.

MOO

I agree with everything you said here. I think when OJ is mentioned the first thing most think of is "the guy that got away with it". His sports achievements are past history, and usually an afterthought. Anything positive he did will always be overshadowed by the brutal crime that most believe he didn't pay for.

FCA never had any stellar achievements in her sorry lifetime. All she'll ever be known for is "the one who got away with" disposing of her own child like she was garbage. :cry:

The one common thread I see between the two cases is the despicable behavior of the defense attorneys. It doesn't surprise me when I hear that Jose Baez worshiped at the alter of Johnny Cochran's book of ethics. :yuck:

I wasn't sure if this JB radio interview was posted.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/celebritycourtradio/2012/08/30/celebrity-court

Interviewer is from Cleveland OH

Quote: "Since the theme was this was an accident that was covered up...."

"We had to show a large amount of dysfunction..."

And this beauty.... "We invented all of, uh uh........"

I think if I hear Jose Baez say "junk science" one more time I may just lose my mind!! What about his "junk defense"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125