Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, TG, for posting the link for the pictures. I couldn't get the video to play.
Aww, darn.................I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. I wonder if I post the link here if it will work?

You can also access the video from the link provided. Pete Placker is on the video and they show the school, the bracelets, and the memorial plaque.

Thank you, also, Lauren, for posting the link to the video.

Appreciate it :).

Thank you, also, Lauren, for posting the link to the video.

Appreciate it :).

You're very welcome. So sad isn't it? The first day of school is so exciting in our house......new backpacks and lunch boxes......new outfits.....I will pray for the families tonight.....hopefully tomorrow won't be so hard on them.

Thank you for the link Lauren. I did a few 'screen caps' and posted them in the Photo thread here

You're very welcome! Is that Vicky in the video/screen shot you posted? Sitting next to Peter?

http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/2viewgc/story.aspx?content_id=1ccd02ce-3e12-467a-a413-fc41eed3eae6

Snipped from above post~
Frog, I guess the families have already taken care of a memorial at the school.

When I spoke with Ms Mankin, she told me about that plaque. It is a "Thank You" plaque from the families.
She did say, however, that they were talking about making a garden memorial for the girls, but not right now because the ground is too hard to dig. But they talked about benches in the garden.
When she calls me back, I am going to ask if there is going to be anything in that garden that is a written memorial, to the girls, like saying the girls names, and the date they went to Heaven, and that they attended school there. If not, I thought of a weatherproof plaque attached to a bench, or pedestal, or something. GS said it would be so sweet to have a turtle and a butterfly engraved on it too! I will wait to hear from Wanda and let you all know what they decide and go from there.

It may just be we could donate to the garden, but I have yet to talk to Christine about this first.

Shutterfly - I agree with some of the others, you probably shouldn't go to Weleetka. It is tempting to try to DO something. I would love to go with you to Weleetka. But I think it's safer if we stay home, for now. If things don't happen with the case,eventually maybe a group of us could meet up there and do some group sleuthing. Seriously. And we would be safer in a large group.

I don't mean to be rude...but how long does it take to finish an autopsy???

And another thing..I realize I'm probably nit picking here..but wasn't Skyla a cheerleader too? why not have her uniform retired and framed as well?? You'd think the school would do that anyway, but maybe Skyla's parents wanted to keep it. I don't think I've seen a pic of Skyla's parents...off to the photo thread to look. They are certainly very mum about all this. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

And another thing..I realize I'm probably nit picking here..but wasn't Skyla a cheerleader too? why not have her uniform retired and framed as well?? You'd think the school would do that anyway, but maybe Skyla's parents wanted to keep it. I don't think I've seen a pic of Skyla's parents...off to the photo thread to look. They are certainly very mum about all this. Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Regarding the Autopsy, I don't find this to be a long time in view of the fact that the murders occurred just one day shy of 2 months ago. Usually the Toxicology reports take the longest after the Physical examination has been completed.

Yes, Rose Whitaker has remained off camera and out of the limelight, maybe to protect her minor child and also because of where she works. James Whitaker has been an exception, but has only appeared in one interview that I've found.

Shutterfly - I agree with some of the others, you probably shouldn't go to Weleetka. It is tempting to try to DO something. I would love to go with you to Weleetka. But I think it's safer if we stay home, for now. If things don't happen with the case,eventually maybe a group of us could meet up there and do some group sleuthing. Seriously. And we would be safer in a large group.

Ok ok ok!!! I'm waiting...I'm not LIKING it, but if you guys think I should wait then I'll wait. But just so you know, I'm not gonna lie, I DID pull all of my camera equipment out of the closet last night "just in case." Looks like hubby WILL have a run to OK in the next couple, three weeks. YES!! You have to know that if all of this just mysteriously 'comes together' for me as far as funding the trip, him having a run out there, etc...then I MUST take this as a sign that I am supposed to go. I will take ALL of your advice. I can't possibly leave my lil boy behind but I DID call my three grown children and all three of them are ready to pack up and go to support their Mom. I raised these kids and they know me better than anyone. My oldest son told me he didn't think I was crazy at all and that he knew, if I said I had to go, then he firmly believed I really did have to go( he's such a suck up). My kids think I'm psychic, always did. My daughter keeps trying to pry details of the nightmares I keep having about these children out of me but I refuse to feed into that. She's convinced herself that I "know" what happened, and that I want to go there for something specific. I promptly told HER that SHE is the fruitloop!! Gee, I wonder where she gets THAT???:eek:
But for now I'm going to wait. I just wanted you to know that now, if I do go, I'm going to have my whole family with me. Three grown kids, my 2.5 year old and my ole hubby. He's gradually beginning to understand that I am NOT going to let this go unless someone starts producing answers in this case very, very soon.

I'm just impatient. I knew tox screens took forever..but geeze. I hope the killer is found. Soon. And I'm more than curious to find out who and why.

I don't know if I agree with that. The children at that school need to put this behind them. Of course the family will never be able to do that, but for the most part these grade school age children should be able to move on. They don't need constant reminders of this horrible murder in the form of a framed cheerleader outfit at their school. The youngster who will be attending the school in the future don't need to be dwelling on it either. Things will be bad enough, a certain classroom, or restroom will be haunted, claims of ghosts etc. You know how kids are. JMO but the school should stay out of it, a memorial would be better placed somewhere else.

In most schools the cheerleading outfits are purchased by the parents. It isn't like the football or basketball teams where they are purchased by the school and are numbered where the number may be retired and never used again. In fact I think it is very expensive in some schools to outfit a young girl for cheerleading. Anyway, my guess it that the uniform would belong to the parents and they may want it as a keepsake.

I don't believe anything they tell us. The autopsies may be done, may not be done, does it really matter? What are the autopsies going to tell us, that they were girls and they were shot?

I'm also not convinced they have DNA. It may be more misinformation. They may be going around taking swabs just to make the killer(s) think they have DNA. Could be more of their mind games.

If the killer(s) are local and they have DNA, why do they need somebody to come forward and tell them who did it? There can't be 1,000's of candidates for who did this if the killer(s) were local.

I don't believe anything they tell us. The autopsies may be done, may not be done, does it really matter? What are the autopsies going to tell us, that they were girls and they were shot?

I'm also not convinced they have DNA. It may be more misinformation. They may be going around taking swabs just to make the killer(s) think they have DNA. Could be more of their mind games.

If the killer(s) are local and they have DNA, why do they need somebody to come forward and tell them who did it? There can't be 1,000's of candidates for who did this if the killer(s) were local.

I don't expect any in-depth Autopsy results to be released like in other cases by the Media, even though those records will eventually become public record if one goes to read them.

I expect the Autopsy results to only reference COD, which shot was COD, and perhaps the location on the girls bodies of the other gunshot wounds.

As for DNA, it may be DNA that has nothing to do with the murders, but rather several things they tested.

I think you should go Shutterfly. And get tough with them too.

Buy yourself a bullhorn.

Shutterfly, if you do end up going, I wish I could join you! :(

Regarding the Autopsy, I don't find this to be a long time in view of the fact that the murders occurred just one day shy of 2 months ago. Usually the Toxicology reports take the longest after the Physical examination has been completed.

Yes, Rose Whitaker has remained off camera and out of the limelight, maybe to protect her minor child and also because of where she works. James Whitaker has been an exception, but has only appeared in one interview that I've found.

An autopsy is usually completed as soon as possible after death due to the decompsoing of the body. The written report usually takes 4 to 6 weeks so I assume they are talking about the written report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree