Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not certain that Weleetka LE was first on the scene is correct. When the 911 was, Okmulgee County Dispatch received the call, HPD and Okmulgee CSO were the first on the scene, then WPD and Okfuskee CSO responded. The Okfuskee CSO received the call from Okmulgee Co at 5:41. The fact is, alot of people are thinking/saying LE and news should focus on Weleetka, Okfuskee Co and Okemah, when really Weleetka, Graham, Dustin, Ryal and Henryetta are the towns that have been affected the most, regardless of what county those communities are in.

:woohoo: Who exactly is that clown, with a monkey eating a hotdog on his shoulder.?

Shutterfly, I would go if I could, so I don't blame you. However, your proposal, especially with a small child in tow, makes me very uncomfortable. Remember, the killer/s are still out there! They have already killed two children viciously. If you are a good investigative journalist, and they thought you were getting too close? Please don't go, Shutterfly!

:waitasec: I think she would be fine down there...but I don't think she would find out anything. People, in Weleetka...and surrounding areas do not have any inside information. They are confused as the rest of the world.

Yes, I agree and I was one of the serious ones. There are others too who are serious about discussing this crime for different reasons. I have bounced from both forums since Day 1 (reading) and finally contributing. Because the other forum is more of a chat room, it is easier for some to get into it with others because they disagree with their views. Not everyone can handle someone disagreeing with their opinion......we need to remember that it is only one person's opinion and not fact until we know what happened on that dirt road 8 weeks ago. Until then, I am open to listening to anyone's ideas, no matter how strange or far fetched they sound. In this day and age there are many crazy people out there..........take the Greyhound Bus incident in Manitoba this past week. We need to realize that we are never really safe.

There really is a clown, with a monkey eating a banana ...maybe it was to cheer somebody up...but a smile on their face. Ya think

There isn't anything you can tell me about Henryetta, I was raised there, married and moved to Weleetka. Most of my family live there, when grandmother celebrated her 100th B'day, there was over 200 family members there, does that say anything..? and 70% live in Henryetta.

:waitasec: I think she would be fine down there...but I don't think she would find out anything. People, in Weleetka...and surrounding areas do not have any inside information. They are confused as the rest of the world.
I see from your posts over at TOPIX you also are from McAlester like another poster here.

I can't seem to understand what you are trying to say. But, you are from Henryetta..right..?

Shutterfly, I would go if I could, so I don't blame you. However, your proposal, especially with a small child in tow, makes me very uncomfortable. Remember, the killer/s are still out there! They have already killed two children viciously. If you are a good investigative journalist, and they thought you were getting too close? Please don't go, Shutterfly!

Shutterfly - I have to agree with Claycat - my first gut instinct is to tell you not to go - especially with a child. Maybe you should wait a little bit and see if anything comes of this - I understand your desire to dig for information. What I don't understand is the apparent lack of desire from our local media and the national media for that matter. This story got a few headlines and then was dropped. I wish our local and national media were as willing to try to help as the people on WS like yourself.

I agree with Clay Cat & Ann Fan maybe give it a little longer. Like they said there is still a heartless killer out there. Maybe if you call the little paper there & introduce yourself & start laying the foot work & making contacts a little later when you decide to go It might open some doors for you and it might be safer. JMO

I see from your posts over at TOPIX you also are from McAlester like another poster here.

:woohoo: Ummm, you don't see me at TOPIX and I'm certainly not from McALester. I just stated where I was raised. Why, are you so interested ?

:woohoo: Ummm, you don't see me at TOPIX and I'm certainly not from McALester. I just stated where I was raised. Why, are you so interested ?

It's probably because you and another poster on topix have the same avatar.

DO NOT FORGET...
Marc Klaas will be answering questions from Websleuths members LIVE this Wednesday, 6 August 2008. Check out this thread for more details:
Marc Klaas To Participate in Websleuths Chat

This was my question & the only one so far about the girls .....
Thank You for being here tonight. My question is in regards to Taylor Paschal-Placker & Skyla Whitaker The 2 girls from Oklahoma. The media seems to have backed off & there is no new news in regards to the investigation. With so many posters on websites like ours & others does LE read the ideas & different scenarios that are put together. We are so hungry for any kind of an udate & it seems nothing ever comes out.

I just caught a quick clip of Peter Placker on KJRH (previously channel 2 - currently channel 9 on cox cable) and another tidbit about the case on KTUL channel 8 - mostly I think it was about the bracelets the school will hand out to the students with the girls' names on them - they are still saying no suspects and showed the POI pic again - that was about it - I'm sure the stories can be pulled up on the tv station web sites for those of you who are not local.

DO NOT FORGET...
Marc Klaas will be answering questions from Websleuths members LIVE this Wednesday, 6 August 2008. Check out this thread for more details:
Marc Klaas To Participate in Websleuths Chat

This was my question & the only one so far about the girls .....
Thank You for being here tonight. My question is in regards to Taylor Paschal-Placker & Skyla Whitaker The 2 girls from Oklahoma. The media seems to have backed off & there is no new news in regards to the investigation. With so many posters on websites like ours & others does LE read the ideas & different scenarios that are put together. We are so hungry for any kind of an udate & it seems nothing ever comes out.

Thank you, GS, for submitting this question tonight.

It's probably because you and another poster on topix have the same avatar.

Thank you Claycat. But, I do not post at TOPIX. I just wonder why she asked that question. I would never ask anyone where they are from.

http://www.kjrh.com/content/news/2viewgc/story.aspx?content_id=1ccd02ce-3e12-467a-a413-fc41eed3eae6

Two Weleetka girls will not be going back to school Thursday, but their classmates plan to keep their memory alive.

13-year old Taylor Placker and 11-year old Skyla Whitacker were found shot to death on a rural road near Weleetka.

It happened about two months ago.

Students, faculty, and staff at Graham Elementary School will wear bracelet's in purple and green, the girls favorite colors.

A plaque donated by their families will also help keep their memory strong.

Taylor's father will have her cheerleading uniform framed, and hopes that everyone will keep searching for clues in the case.

"To me it's just to symbolize, this needs to keep going until these people are caught," said Peter Placker, Taylor's father.

Investigators checked into more than 600 leads, but have yet to name a suspect in the case.

If you have any information, please call the OSBI hotline at 1-800-522-8017

Frog, I guess the families have already taken care of a memorial at the school.

You can also access the video from the link provided. Pete Placker is on the video and they show the school, the bracelets, and the memorial plaque.

I replied to you once, it doesn't matter the location. I was trying to give Sutterfly some ideas if she was making the trip. I don't understand where you are coming from.?? Who cares about Henryetta, again...Okfuskee County is where questions can be answered.

Thank you Claycat. But, I do not post at TOPIX. I just wonder why she asked that question. I would never ask anyone where they are from.

This is not about "US." It's about two young children who where "gunned" down for NO reason! None what so ever!!!!
Please don't turn this into a "TOPIX" forum!

You can also access the video from the link provided. Pete Placker is on the video and they show the school, the bracelets, and the memorial plaque.
Thank you for the link Lauren. I did a few 'screen caps' and posted them in the Photo thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat