Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I are on the road tonight. It is hard not to think about this case when he told me where we were. Were in Oklahoma at a truckstop just a few miles from Weleetka. I pray that this case finds some resolution sometime soon.

As I sit here I look out into the area and its so quiet and peaceful, yet hard for me to get some rest knowing what happened just a few short miles from where we are. I have never given a lot of thought into what has happened in an area where we stop for the night, or where we stop to eat, knowing for years that we have been in parking lots where dead bodies have been found, where other crimes were commited and it has never really bothered me until tonight.

I hear stories on the news about crimes and think to myself, "Ah, I know where that is, we were there just some time ago" And I have always been able to return to those places and rest or eat or take care of whatever business it is we need to take care without it affecting me. But this one is different, I know we have come to this very truck stop many times over the years we can always seem to find a place to park here for the night but I guess it is just knowing that a killer(s) is loose out here and this case is just so sad is what is bothering me tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent tonight, this is heavy on my heart as I sit herein this lot.

Many of us have been discouraged about the "criminal element" surrounding this case. But....it occurred to me today that maybe this can work to our benefit! If this case has - or - even doesn't have - anything to do with a "revenge" killing, perhaps those family members who are incarcerated will hear something that pertains to it? A "jailhouse snitch" could come in quite handy here - possibly???

This is an interesting idea. I wonder if the killers are not even from OK, however.

DH and I are on the road tonight. It is hard not to think about this case when he told me where we were. Were in Oklahoma at a truckstop just a few miles from Weleetka. I pray that this case finds some resolution sometime soon.

As I sit here I look out into the area and its so quiet and peaceful, yet hard for me to get some rest knowing what happened just a few short miles from where we are. I have never given a lot of thought into what has happened in an area where we stop for the night, or where we stop to eat, knowing for years that we have been in parking lots where dead bodies have been found, where other crimes were commited and it has never really bothered me until tonight.

I hear stories on the news about crimes and think to myself, "Ah, I know where that is, we were there just some time ago" And I have always been able to return to those places and rest or eat or take care of whatever business it is we need to take care without it affecting me. But this one is different, I know we have come to this very truck stop many times over the years we can always seem to find a place to park here for the night but I guess it is just knowing that a killer(s) is loose out here and this case is just so sad is what is bothering me tonight.

Thanks for letting me vent tonight, this is heavy on my heart as I sit herein this lot.

Thank you so much for posting this! This gives us all a different perspective. Bless you on your travels!

Thank you so much for posting this! This gives us all a different perspective. Bless you on your travels!
TY dear.
Well DH tossed and turned, I wasnt able to rest much at all. So we cut out of there pretty early this AM.

These two babies did not deserve what happened to them, I pray LE stays on this until they have the answers. This case is getting cold and I am not comfortable with it all.

c2cd208...Congratulations you have now officially became a member of "The Girls Club" So many of us complete strangers have been brought together because of these Baby Anglels. Your post was touching.
You said "Thanks for letting me vent tonight, this is heavy on my heart as I sit herein this lot." I just wanted to say your are welcome & thank you for sharing with the rest of us. Prayers for you on your travels & keep your eyes open while you are out there.

c2cd208...congratulations you have now officially became a member of "The Girls Club" So many of us complete strangers have been brought together because of the baby angles. Your post was touching.
You said "Thanks for letting me vent tonight, this is heavy on my heart as I sit herein this lot." I just wanted to say your are welcome 7 thank you for sharing with the rest of us. Prayers for you on your travels & keep your eyes open there is no telling who you must come across
Thanks for the Welcome! I was at home when this case took place, I sat in front of my TV and hung to every word possible, I always have my eyes and ears open. You never know what you will see or hear when you are on the highways. Remember, truck drivers use CB radio's and you hear all kinds of crazy stuff on those. We do not listen to it like we used to, XM radio and cell phones changed the way a lot of people use the CB radio but you still hear some prety interesting conversations.

When we come into Wichita, KS earlier, I caught a glimps of a billboard, now @ 65MPH it went by pretty fast, but if I am not mistaken, it was a sketch of the POI for this case and showed a reward amount and tipline to call. Does anyone know if a billboard was set up there? Like I said it was so fast but I caught a glipse of the sketch and think it was to do with this case.

TY dear.
Well DH tossed and turned, I wasnt able to rest much at all. So we cut out of there pretty early this AM.

These two babies did not deserve what happened to them, I pray LE stays on this until they have the answers. This case is getting cold and I am not comfortable with it all.

You must have stopped by Cowpokes, I do notice trucks dead down for the night there. So, was there much chatter at the truck stop ?

You must have stopped by Cowpokes, I do notice trucks dead down for the night there. So, was there much chatter at the truck stop ?
We did not go in. We were tired when we got there and we both tossed and turned so we just got up and left there early. We went on into OK'y city to get some coffee and get started for the day.

c2cd208 I myself do not know if there is a billboard set up there but if so that is great really great. You are probably correct, That isn't something you would see everyday.

Yes, I do go there often for work. I haven't recently as I have been dealing with my 12 year old black lab that died. Just have taken some time off. Still, I have been reading. Nice to be back

Sooner Fan, please accept my condolences on your loss. I know how difficult that is.

I hate to be negative, but I don't believe they are ever going to solve this crime. Some development should have happened by now. They are at a standstill and unless someone comes forward this is over. So sad for the families.

Okay guys, I've got some serious questions that I need answers to because personally, I have just about had my fill this 'guesswork' and not getting any real information about the progress of this case. I saw it posted by more than one of you that some of you feel that a REAL journalist, one who's passionate, who cares, needs to dig into and bring attention to this case. I know I'm insane, but please hear me out before you call me a fruitloop. I happen to have been a freelance journalist in 'another life' before I gave it up to do the 'stay at home mommy' thing. I still have all of my equipment in the closet.
I want to go there. I can't tell you why, but since the day I saw Taylor and Skyla's picture all over my screen and read what happened, I have just felt this strange pull to go there. I have had nightmares about these children since the story broke. That's what brought me to WS's. I have never had a case affect me like this. I watch this stuff on tv, I've never been involved in forums like WS's until this case brought me here. I tried to pursuade my hubby to take me there, as he drives a tractor trailer, but he hasn't had a run that took him close to the area AND he thinks I've completely lost my mind. It's 950 miles away. He also thinks that I might myself wind up in a ditch if I go poking around in this case.
Is it dangerous to go there and start asking questions..under the circumstances I would imagine so but I don't scare easily. What I want to know, is how likely I am to go to JAIL if I go there and start asking questions, poking around, video taping, recording, and begging for answers. I don't know if I can do that legally to tell you the truth because I am NOT involved in journalism anymore, but just as an average citizen I would think I still can. I sooooo want to go if I can manage to fund the trip.
I figure I'm female, I'm pretty good at getting information out of people because I raised three teenagers, I'd be toting a 2.5 year old, so I don't look like much of a threat, right? You're more than welcome to call me a fruitloop, I'm fully prepared for that...but do you think it would do any good...or am I just going to wind up in jail or worse because I'm a moron for even thinking I should/can do this?
The thing is, I watched all of you rally around a certain person a week or so ago who's son-in-law had dissappeared. All of you told her everything to look for, everything to do, etc.. I was impressed...and I believe that with your help..and coaching.....maybe?

No, I'm not drunk...
No, I'm not mentally unstable or on medication....
No, I don't use narcotics.......

NOW you can call me a fruitloop.

I just feel that strongly about getting answers for Taylor and Skyla, and I'm willing to MAKE that happen if I can. I don't know why.... I just feel like I have to try.

WELEETKA (AP) - Students at the Graham Independent School District will remember two slain classmates when their summer vacation ends and they return to school Thursday.

*snips
* Students will receive rubber bracelets inscribed with the letters BFF — Best Friends Forever
School officials say the bracelets will be purple and green — Skyla's and Taylor's favorite colors.

* School Superintendent Dusty Chancey said he does not anticipate the need for grief counselors for students when classes resume.

* Including Chancey, the school system has a dozen teachers for about 100 students. The independent school system — kindergarten through the 12th grade — is located along Oklahoma 84, about seven miles east of Weleetka. It serves a 48-square-mile area, taking in students from the rural areas around Weleetka, Dustin and Henryetta.

* A memorial to the girls bearing flowers, photos, stuffed animals and crosses continues to grow at the murder scene.
http://newsok.com/slain-weleetka-girls-classmates-return-to-school/article/3279600/?tm=1217993787

Oh, I was so hoping by now some concrete tip had come in to LE and they had the perp(s) arrested. How can it take so long to solve this case if they have DNA? That must mean whoever did this their DNA is not in the system.

Sooner Fan, please accept my condolences on your loss. I know how difficult that is.

I hate to be negative, but I don't believe they are ever going to solve this crime. Some development should have happened by now. They are at a standstill and unless someone comes forward this is over. So sad for the families.

Today on Foc News 23...they had a little segment about the killings, school begins tomorrow at Graham and all the children are going to be handed purple and green wrist bands, (girls favorite colors) and counselors will be on hand. They mentioned the familes, and communties are worried that the case is fading quickly.

Okay guys, I've got some serious questions that I need answers to because personally, I have just about had my fill this 'guesswork' and not getting any real information about the progress of this case. I saw it posted by more than one of you that some of you feel that a REAL journalist, one who's passionate, who cares, needs to dig into and bring attention to this case. I know I'm insane, but please hear me out before you call me a fruitloop. I happen to have been a freelance journalist in 'another life' before I gave it up to do the 'stay at home mommy' thing. I still have all of my equipment in the closet.
I want to go there. I can't tell you why, but since the day I saw Taylor and Skyla's picture all over my screen and read what happened, I have just felt this strange pull to go there. I have had nightmares about these children since the story broke. That's what brought me to WS's. I have never had a case affect me like this. I watch this stuff on tv, I've never been involved in forums like WS's until this case brought me here. I tried to pursuade my hubby to take me there, as he drives a tractor trailer, but he hasn't had a run that took him close to the area AND he thinks I've completely lost my mind. It's 950 miles away. He also thinks that I might myself wind up in a ditch if I go poking around in this case.
Is it dangerous to go there and start asking questions..under the circumstances I would imagine so but I don't scare easily. What I want to know, is how likely I am to go to JAIL if I go there and start asking questions, poking around, video taping, recording, and begging for answers. I don't know if I can do that legally to tell you the truth because I am NOT involved in journalism anymore, but just as an average citizen I would think I still can. I sooooo want to go if I can manage to fund the trip.
I figure I'm female, I'm pretty good at getting information out of people because I raised three teenagers, I'd be toting a 2.5 year old, so I don't look like much of a threat, right? You're more than welcome to call me a fruitloop, I'm fully prepared for that...but do you think it would do any good...or am I just going to wind up in jail or worse because I'm a moron for even thinking I should/can do this?
The thing is, I watched all of you rally around a certain person a week or so ago who's son-in-law had dissappeared. All of you told her everything to look for, everything to do, etc.. I was impressed...and I believe that with your help..and coaching.....maybe?

No, I'm not drunk...

I just feel that strongly about getting answers for Taylor and Skyla, and I'm willing to MAKE that happen if I can. I don't know why.... I just feel like I have to try.

I think it is great that you want to go. It shows a heart of compassion. My main concern would be taking a small child into an unknown and possibly dangerous situation. Since you don't know the area or the people, you might not know whom you should stay clear of like a local person might.

No, I'm not drunk...

My dear, I do not think you are a fruit-loop or any of the other things you mentioned you could be accused of. I think you are one heck of a woman to want to undertake this case. I would not see a reason you could or would get arrested for snooping around and conducting your own investigation unless that investigation took illegal motives which I know you have no motive for such actions, however I am not a professional so I would consult an atty about it before I proceeded further. Please let us know what you choose to do about this case.

DH and I are turck drivers. Currently I am just riding he is the one driving. I am trying to get back on the road again. We owned our own trucking company for a couple of years and we lost it due to high fuel costs, so he took a company job and I had to tidy up the loose ends so to say before I could proceed to getting back in the rig myself. So I totally understand your DH's not being able to get a run that way as I am totally versed and seasoned in the transportation industry.

No, I'm not drunk...

Well, I'm from that area and I can tell you now, I don't think you would go to jail, and can't see you being in harms way. I'm not sure how much information you could get, people there are freindly, kind and most would cooperate as best they could. I only know a couple of people on the LE there..and they aren't mean, or vicious.It would be great if Claudia, and Jim..would open up and talk to you, but I'm not sure about any new news from them, as they say, OSBI isn't even talking to them. When I go down there, I talk to just a few and so many rumors are flying around, and now, I see jealousy because of the funds the families recieved. But, I can't see you being in harms way. JMO

I think it is great that you want to go. It shows a heart of compassion. My main concern would be taking a small child into an unknown and possibly dangerous situation. Since you don't know the area or the people, you might not know whom you should stay clear of like a local person might.

Oh, there are no motels in Weleetka which means you would more than likely stay in Okemah,which is about 10 miles from Weleetka. I could direct you to some locals, but I'm really not sure how much information you could get that you don't already know.

No, I'm not drunk...

Shutterfly~
I feel the same way that you do, as far as not ever having had a case bother you like this one. This case is what prompted me to finally join WS and not just read the news on this forum. If you do decide to go there, and you want some help, let me know. I am not a local but, I do live w/in easy driving distance.

Ruflossn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member