Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Joe Mosher lived in Norman as one poster stated, when did he arrive in Weleetka? Was he staying with the Plackers over the weekend?

I know, I can't imagine the feelings rushing through Skylas head when she turned and ran, and how could anyone shoot somebody 5 times in the back. I'll be happy once this person is taken off the streets.

I know, I can't imagine the feelings rushing through Skylas head when she turned and ran, and how could anyone shoot somebody 5 times in the back. I'll be happy once this person is taken off the streets.

You and many other people will be happy if that day ever comes. This case is moving at such a snail's pace it seems.

You and many other people will be happy if that day ever comes. This case is moving at such a snail's pace it seems.
It sure does seem that way, YellowDog. But I'm never giving up hope. Justice will be served for these two angels, even if it is years from now (hoping not though)... It took 2 years to catch Coralrose Fullwood's killer, but they got him, so I know in my heart they will eventually solve this one too. Cheers!

I know, but I honestly think the locals have an eye out for this POI, I'm just not sure why he hasn't been identified. Maybe, he isn't a local, these killers could be in Canada by now or Mexico, who knows

I can't beleive they are going to bond this crazy Casey out of jail. Lets hope the judge doesn't allow it to happen. Everyone knows she killed her daughter. That family sure likes the media attention.

I can't beleive they are going to bond this crazy Casey out of jail. Lets hope the judge doesn't allow it to happen. Everyone knows she killed her daughter. That family sure likes the media attention.

I will probably get in trouble for saying this, but it makes me wonder if they are getting paid for it? For acting that way......
I probably shouldnt have said that.....

Quote from FC: "And for heavens sake, somebody give us a profiler's take on what sort of person shoots a 13 year old girl in the mouth 3 times at close range and then leans down to shoot her in the crotch before he leaves?" End Quote

Taylor wasn't shot in the mouth according to the autopsy drawings. As far as facial shots, she was shot in the right cheek, the left chin area and above the lips on the left side. Still gross I admit, but not the same as someone putting a gun in someone's mouth and pulling the trigger three times. Also, how do you know someone kneeled down to shoot her in the groin? If they were far enough from the body, they wouldn't have to kneel down to shoot toward the ground and hit her groin area>

The gun may not have been in her mouth but I believe the bullets went through her mouth. Look at the autopsy photos and put your finger where the marks are and see what is underneath. They are about as close as you can get without putting the gun in the mouth. Someone was very angry with her to shoot her in the face and groin like that. I have wondered if it could have even been girls who were angry with her. Sometimes I think maybe a family member had molested her and didn't want her to tell. Sometimes I think it might be teenage boys shooting. I know I can't get it out of my mind. I think of it every day even when I am not on here reading. I so hope they solve this soon and get the monsters behind bars.

I really think they are keeping it more generic on the truck because OSBI wants people to concentrate more on the POI than the white truck, which long ago could have been sunk in some lake somewhere, etc. Since they don't know the exact make and model.... by putting a year range out there would weigh them down with running down every white truck in OK. Ford and Chevy are as common as seeing the sky every morning and "white" is the color of most trucks on the road. They would be overwhelmed with calls on everyone that drove a white Ford or Chevy truck.

Imo, someone knows this POI very well and they also know he drives a white 150 style Ford or Chevy. They are either hiding him out and the truck or they are too scared to come forward.

I remember it took around 10-12 years before the woman that knew who had murdered Lita Sullivan to come forward. She was the girlfriend of the hit man paid by James Sullivan to murder Lita. The only reason she came forward then was because she was no longer with him.

I certainly hope that this will not be the case here and someone will speak up sooner than later.

imoo
Actually, it would narrow down the calls for white Ford or Chevy trucks by giving definition to the description not the opposite. Then add to that the POI driving it and it narrows it down even further.

Sorry, I have to disagree with the theory that it would broaden the scope.

We don't know that Skyla turned and ran, but we do know she was not hit in the back.

The gun may not have been in her mouth but I believe the bullets went through her mouth. Look at the autopsy photos and put your finger where the marks are and see what is underneath. They are about as close as you can get without putting the gun in the mouth. Someone was very angry with her to shoot her in the face and groin like that. I have wondered if it could have even been girls who were angry with her. Sometimes I think maybe a family member had molested her and didn't want her to tell. Sometimes I think it might be teenage boys shooting. I know I can't get it out of my mind. I think of it every day even when I am not on here reading. I so hope they solve this soon and get the monsters behind bars.

From the drawings, it doesn't look like it to me, but the drawings are rather crude. If it was kids doing the shooting, they probably just let the bullets fly and hit where they may. A good marksman would probably have gone for the heart. This case is baffling.......there are so many possibilities of what could have happened. I, too, hope they solve this soon.

However..... If someone was angry...in a hurry...on meth ( which is speed) wouldn't that cause your marksmanship to be a little erratic?

Actually, it would narrow down the calls for white Ford or Chevy trucks by giving definition to the description not the opposite. Then add to that the POI driving it and it narrows it down even further.

Sorry, I have to disagree with the theory that it would broaden the scope.

I just think it would be an unsurmountable task and most of it would be wasted time. If the witnesses are not even sure of the make or year it is like looking for a white vehicle in a sea of white all around.

Trucks do not change body styles drastically even when they are updated about every 4 years when the companies change the body styles some.

I don't believe this guy is local and if he is just somewhere out there in the state of OK or points unknown, OSBI knows that he very well may have long ago rid himself of the vehicle. So the BOLO is for any outsiders that think they may have seen this particular POI and identifying him is much more important than a truck he may not even be in anymore. I have no doubt that the locals reported everyone they knew that drove a standard size white pick up truck in that area.

Even when the print media continues to put the BOLO out on the POI they detail his description and show the sketch only. Imo, they continue to search for him not what he may be driving now.

If he was local they would have found him and the vehicle by now imo.

If he had the brains of a gnat he ditched that truck pronto and got him something else to drive.

Just my opinion though.

I know the gun wasn't in her mouth but 2 of those 3 shots were basically almost on her lips and the 3rd one might have been if Taylor hadn't raised her right hand to shield her face - that bullet had to go thru her hand 1st and thus ended up on her cheek instead of over/under her mouth like the other two.

The groin shot went UP (toward her head) from the entrance wound so the shooter had to have held the gun barrel parallel to the ground to send the bullet in that direction with her lying on the ground. The bullet wasn't deflected, it went straight up thru her colon into her lower chest from the entrance - the killer didn't stand over her and shoot DOWN - that bullet would have gone from front to back thru her butt or upper thigh - the ONLY way to make a groin shot a few inches from her crotch go UPWARD would be to shoot Taylor from a leaning forward, squatting or kneeling position at her feet - and the entrance wound shows a long oval entrance pattern clearly showing the shooter was shooting from a close position at her feet - the angle of the path shows clearly the gun could not have been more than 2' off the ground - especially since we KNOW Taylor was lying in a ditch, LOWER than the surrounding ground.

I maintain the killer shot Taylor square in the MOUTH TWICE and in the lower cheek ONCE and then shot her in the crotch - and with two different guns - I think he looked Taylor in the eyes from less than 5' away and shot her twice, once on the right cheek and once under her mouth, shot Skyla 4 times, changed guns, shot Skyla 4 more times (neck shot last) and then returned to shoot Taylor a second time by the mouth and finishing with a shot to the crotch. 12 bullets, 2 guns, 60 seconds and it was over.

And yeah, I think the shots around Taylor's mouth and the groin shot were intentionally placed. The killer was practically on top of Taylor when he shot her the 1st two times - a head shot would have been a faster kill and obviously he could have done that from that distance - instead even after she was down he shot her AGAIN in the face/mouth and then in the CROTCH - that's deliberate, not an accident. And if that isn't SOME sort of statement I don't know what is, he didn't shoot SKYLA in the face/mouth OR the crotch once - and yet Taylor got BOTH.

I'm not a profiler but I see anger, I see hate, I see frustration and I see a statement - either toward Taylor or her family. The killer(s) shut her up and then DEFILED her figuratively and literally. I want to know WHY.

My Opinion

ETA - Neither Taylor nor Skyla were sexually assaulted - not at the time of the murders or BEFORE the murders. OSBI says point blank NO assault history period. No-one was molesting the girls in any way that was physically apparent at the time they died.

From the drawings, it doesn't look like it to me, but the drawings are rather crude. If it was kids doing the shooting, they probably just let the bullets fly and hit where they may. A good marksman would probably have gone for the heart. This case is baffling.......there are so many possibilities of what could have happened. I, too, hope they solve this soon.

I don't see it either.

Imo, the shots to Taylor were more accurate. I think the shot to the groin was to stop her from advancing and to gain control over her quickly and then the other shots followed. I don't think Taylor was as much of a moving target as Skyla but I do believe that Skyla was when she had a split second to react and tried to retreat. Imo, that is why the shots are haphazard because she was constantly moving for the short time it took for this to happen.

Even the greatest marksman can miss their intended targeted area if the target is moving. Just look at the cops who are in pursuit of a perp. They may shoot many shots in succession but only connect in nondescript areas of the body.

I did notice that they only recovered some of the bullets from the bodies, right? That means that some of the bullets passed through the body and exited out. I cant remember though...did they find all of the bullets that were fired? I wonder if they found 13 casings at the scene? If the bullets were not retrieved then this may have been why the special dog was called out to sniff for bullets.

imoo

However..... If someone was angry...in a hurry...on meth ( which is speed) wouldn't that cause your marksmanship to be a little erratic?

Yes, it could. I just don't feel like the shooter was explicitly aiming for the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare