Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always heard all shots were frontal shots and they were both facing their killer(s) when they died.

imoo
According to reports and the autopsy results, this is correct. The only exception would be the angle of the bullet entering Skyla's left shoulder and traveling down into the top of left lung, into the organs, and the lower right lobe of the lung which would place the shooter to the left and above her.

I can't beleive they are going to bond this crazy Casey out of jail. Lets hope the judge doesn't allow it to happen. Everyone knows she killed her daughter. That family sure likes the media attention.

I am a someone and I do believe she killed her daughter as there is no proof Caylee is deceased as yet.

This is not the Caylee Anthony thread or the proper place to discuss her case. Thanks!

III. Entrance gunshot wound, top of the left shoulder at the posterior surface.

IV. Entrance gunshot wound, left arm at the posterior surface

V. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest

VI Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest

VIII. Entrance gunshot wound, right neck under the mandible (mentions particles attached to right lateral chest farther down in this one)

So at least two of the shots were in the back and two to the side. She obviously turned to run.

These are from Skyla's autopsy report. It is not the first listing of the wounds. It is in the section that that says Evidence of Injuries.

III. Entrance gunshot wound, top of the left shoulder at the posterior surface.

IV. Entrance gunshot wound, left arm at the posterior surface

V. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest

VI Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest

VIII. Entrance gunshot wound, right neck under the mandible (mentions particles attached to right lateral chest farther down in this one)

So at least two of the shots were in the back and two to the side. She obviously turned to run.

These are from Skyla's autopsy report. It is not the first listing of the wounds. It is in the section that that says Evidence of Injuries.

She most likely tried to turn her body away in a defensive posture.

I don't think those would be considered in the back tho. Posterior refers to the midline point, but not exactly from behind. It is a bit misleading. OSBI has also stated they were shot only in the front.

How long has the autopsy been out?

Skyla most definitely was shot from behind. The two shots to her right arm came from behind her and the shot to her left arm came from behind her. The shot to her shoulder was moving slightly forward. She was probably collapsing when that hit her.

Wound no. 1. right arm, entrance posterior, direction forward.
Wound no. 2. right arm, entrance below and lateral to wound 1, direction slightly forward.
Wound no. 4. left arm, entrance posterior, direction forward.

Wounds 5 through 8 probably came after she was down as they are much more accurate.

People are needed on the case over on that thread....Tricia needs info!!! HELP! (NO ONE BOTHERED TO COME!!!)

Tricia and I did the best we could on reporting on what was happening in this case tho. I only had time to give her a limited rundown of what was going on here. She handled it like the pro she is and ran with it. She did a great job, of course! Christine also did a fantastic job. Kudos to both of them!!

My additions bolded, rest exact from the autopsy.

Wound illustrated on front of arm
I. Entrance gunshot wound, right arm, perforating through the arm with fracture/dislocation of the humerus.
a. Entrance gunshot wound: no soot blackening or powder stippling.
b. Exit gunshot wound present: no bullet recovered.
c. Direction: forward.
Wound illustrated on the front of arm II. Entrance gunshot wound, right arm, perforating through the subcutaneous fat tissue.
c. Direction: slightly forward toward the right.
Wound illustrated on the front of the shoulder on the front of the body III. Entrance gunshot wound, top of left shoulder, perforating through the left third intercostal space, upper lobe of the
left lung, esophagus, superior vena cava, right pulmonary artery, middle lobe of right lung, right fourth intercostal
space, and fifth rib to the right breast.
c. Direction: slightly forward, downward toward the right.
Wound illustrated to the side of arm IV. Entrance gunshot wound, left arm, perforating through the regional soft tissue.
c. Direction: forward, slightly downward toward the right.
d. No evidence of fracture of humerus.
Wound Illustrated to the front chest V. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest, penetrating through the right eighth rib, diaphragm,
liver, lower lobe of right lung, esophagus, lower lobe of left lung, right third intercostal space, and
left back.
b. No exit gunshot wound present: damaged lead bullet with copper jacket.
c. Direction: slightly backward, upward toward the left.
Wound Illustrated to the front chest VI. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest, perforating through the right eighth intercostal space,
right kidney, pancreas, spleen, left diaphragm, left ninth intercostal space to the left chest.
a. Entrance gunshot wound; no soot blackening or powder stippling.
b. Atypical exit gunshot wound; no bullet is recovered.
c. Direction is slightly backward, upward and toward the left.
Wound Illustrated to the lower front chest VII. Entrance gunshot wound, epigastrium, perforating through the stomach, liver, right kidney to the
left lower back.
c. Direction: backward, downward toward the right.
Wound Illustrated below the ear foward the front under the jaw VIII. Entrance gunshot wound, right neck, penetrating through the pharynx to the left mastoid region.
a. Entrance gunshot wound: scattered gunpowder attached (15.5 x 13.5 cm).
b. No exit gunshot wound present: a damaged small copper coated lead bullet recovered.
c. Direction: slightly backward toward the left.
d. Left mastoid bone with focal fracture and small regional hemorrhages.
----------
If you look at the drawing ALL of the body gunshots except the one that entered thru the soft tissue on the side of her upper left arm entered from the front - even the ones on her right arm entered from the front half of her body, as did the one on the front part of her shoulder (which was angled down because the gun was shot from a position higher than her shoulder) - she had several exits on her back and under her arm, but the body shots all went in from the front of her body. Remember she was found face up, so a couple of shots could have occurred with her prone face up on the ground with the shooter in a position above her head (like the one front to her shoulder). It's likely that the one to her left arm was as she was falling or after she was on the ground. The neck shot was the only one with gunshot residue - it was made from almost point blank range (as close as you can get without actually putting the muzzle ON her neck). The shoulder wound and the one to the side of her left arm could have happened before the neck shot when she was on the ground.

Neither Skyla nor Taylor was shot from behind or was running away - OSBI said specifically that they didn't even have time to run and were shot down where they stood, fast. Taylor fell with her purse still over her shoulder, that's how fast it happened. And I think there were a total of 12 shots - otherwise the killer(s) would have had to stop and reload, and I don't think they did that. The extra 13th "wound" was the one on Skyla's hand and I think it was a thru and thru shot that entered her right cheek after going thru her hand. It was probably the second shot fired that day - Taylor was reacting in pain from the 1st shot to her face probably the one that went in above her mouth below her nose. And if you look at the drawing none of the shot's to Taylor's Face were more than two fingers in distance from her mouth - one between her upper lip and nose, close to centered, one maybe an inch below her lower lip on her chin and one maybe one and a half inches from the corner of her mouth on her right cheek. The groin shot was maybe a hand's width from Taylors crotch and at exactly the same height on her leg as her crotch. And I disagree that the groin shot was to keep Taylor from running - within the 1st 5 seconds Taylor had two bullets in her brain and fell with her purse on her arm - she wasn't going anywhere - plus the angle of the groin shot shows it was made from a shooting position at her feet - not possible unless she is already lying down on her back.

I have a PDF of both autopsies (full version) if anyone needs a copy, PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

My Opinion

The autopsy reports lead me to believe all of the shots happened in very quick succession. These babies never had time to react AT ALL!

FC, what do you mean by full version? The autopsy reports posted on the internet, were they not the full version?

What kind of person could do this to two little girls? People, just remember, this monster is still walking the streets. Those poor babies. What did they do to deserve this?

What kind of person could do this to two little girls? People, just remember, this monster is still walking the streets. Those poor babies. What did they do to deserve this?

I think they did nothing to deserve this and I think we will all be shocked when we learn who did do it!!!

FC, what do you mean by full version? The autopsy reports posted on the internet, were they not the full version?
Some of the links online are to abbreviated versions or summaries some without the drawings etc. I just wanted people to know I had the full ones if they wanted them. I will keep them in case the online links go dead or change (as online things sometimes do) and make them available to anyone who wants them. I think they may prove important if we have movement in this case.

And I think OSBI has an idea of who did this - but at this moment, they can't PROVE it. My current prayer daily is that there is DNA that will "seal the deal" both for an arrest and the DP at the trial.

This is how I come here and post and hold on and trust that this will be solved...perhaps it will help some of you who struggle with frustration and anger and pain over this case.

This case is the very definition of "faith" - believing in something you can't see, hear, touch or prove - but I DO HAVE FAITH that this case will be solved and the killer(s) will face justice here on earth AND in the afterlife. Hell is too good for a killer who does this to innocent girls who could have done NOTHING to deserve being left on the side of a country road. People are more respectful with their trash than someone was with two precious girls lives. This wasn't an accident, or an illness or even a disaster, this is pure evil walking among us with a human face. But I HAVE FAITH, and I affirm every day that someone with something so nasty inside will soon be exposed to the world as the coward and that he is, in every way. This is NOT A COLD CASE, and it's not over and there WILL BE JUSTICE - I say it every day. The killer(s) will face the future they have earned now and for all eternity, they cannot escape and they cannot be redeemed - there isn't enough forgiveness in the universe to make this right.

Skyla and Taylor deserve our FAITH - we pay homage to them if we stick with this and continue to trust there will be justice for them. They are no longer just two girls from Weleetka Oklahoma, they are now OUR daughters, carried in our hearts and so much white light, so much love from so many, stretching from coast to coast will illuminate the darkness that hides the killer(s) - they can run but they cannot hide - we will see to that. We just have to KEEP THE FAITH!

My Opinion

My additions bolded, rest exact from the autopsy.

Wound illustrated on front of arm I. Entrance gunshot wound, right arm, perforating through the arm with fracture/dislocation of the humerus.
c. Direction: forward.
Wound illustrated on the front of arm II. Entrance gunshot wound, right arm, perforating through the subcutaneous fat tissue.
c. Direction: slightly forward toward the right.
Wound illustrated on the front of the shoulder on the front of the body III. Entrance gunshot wound, top of left shoulder, perforating through the left third intercostal space, upper lobe of the
left lung, esophagus, superior vena cava, right pulmonary artery, middle lobe of right lung, right fourth intercostal
space, and fifth rib to the right breast.
c. Direction: slightly forward, downward toward the right.
Wound illustrated to the side of arm IV. Entrance gunshot wound, left arm, perforating through the regional soft tissue.
c. Direction: forward, slightly downward toward the right.
d. No evidence of fracture of humerus.
Wound Illustrated to the front chest V. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest, penetrating through the right eighth rib, diaphragm,
liver, lower lobe of right lung, esophagus, lower lobe of left lung, right third intercostal space, and
left back.
b. No exit gunshot wound present: damaged lead bullet with copper jacket.
c. Direction: slightly backward, upward toward the left.
Wound Illustrated to the front chest VI. Entrance gunshot wound, right lateral chest, perforating through the right eighth intercostal space,
right kidney, pancreas, spleen, left diaphragm, left ninth intercostal space to the left chest.
a. Entrance gunshot wound; no soot blackening or powder stippling.
b. Atypical exit gunshot wound; no bullet is recovered.
c. Direction is slightly backward, upward and toward the left.
Wound Illustrated to the lower front chest VII. Entrance gunshot wound, epigastrium, perforating through the stomach, liver, right kidney to the
left lower back.
c. Direction: backward, downward toward the right.
Wound Illustrated below the ear foward the front under the jaw VIII. Entrance gunshot wound, right neck, penetrating through the pharynx to the left mastoid region.
a. Entrance gunshot wound: scattered gunpowder attached (15.5 x 13.5 cm).
b. No exit gunshot wound present: a damaged small copper coated lead bullet recovered.
c. Direction: slightly backward toward the left.
d. Left mastoid bone with focal fracture and small regional hemorrhages.
----------
If you look at the drawing ALL of the body gunshots except the one that entered thru the soft tissue on the side of her upper left arm entered from the front - even the ones on her right arm entered from the front half of her body, as did the one on the front part of her shoulder (which was angled down because the gun was shot from a position higher than her shoulder) - she had several exits on her back and under her arm, but the body shots all went in from the front of her body. Remember she was found face up, so a couple of shots could have occurred with her prone face up on the ground with the shooter in a position above her head (like the one front to her shoulder). It's likely that the one to her left arm was as she was falling or after she was on the ground. The neck shot was the only one with gunshot residue - it was made from almost point blank range (as close as you can get without actually putting the muzzle ON her neck). The shoulder wound and the one to the side of her left arm could have happened before the neck shot when she was on the ground.

Neither Skyla nor Taylor was shot from behind or was running away - OSBI said specifically that they didn't even have time to run and were shot down where they stood, fast. Taylor fell with her purse still over her shoulder, that's how fast it happened. And I think there were a total of 12 shots - otherwise the killer(s) would have had to stop and reload, and I don't think they did that. The extra 13th "wound" was the one on Skyla's hand and I think it was a thru and thru shot that entered her right cheek after going thru her hand. It was probably the second shot fired that day - Taylor was reacting in pain from the 1st shot to her face probably the one that went in above her mouth below her nose. And if you look at the drawing none of the shot's to Taylor's Face were more than two fingers in distance from her mouth - one between her upper lip and nose, close to centered, one maybe an inch below her lower lip on her chin and one maybe one and a half inches from the corner of her mouth on her right cheek. The groin shot was maybe a hand's width from Taylors crotch and at exactly the same height on her leg as her crotch. And I disagree that the groin shot was to keep Taylor from running - within the 1st 5 seconds Taylor had two bullets in her brain and fell with her purse on her arm - she wasn't going anywhere - plus the angle of the groin shot shows it was made from a shooting position at her feet - not possible unless she is already lying down on her back.

I have a PDF of both autopsies (full version) if anyone needs a copy, PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

My Opinion

Why didn't you just put it the way it was in the bolded part? You reworded it to leave out all reference to posterior or lateral. Why change it to prove your point? I am sure many of us have printed the autopsy reports and can check them. There is no need to change the wording to put your own.

Observations and "what ifs"
  • The girls had to plead for permission to walk to the bridge but the Plackers left them alone at home? No, I don’t think so. I suspect Uncle Joe was at the Placker house or in the area and they knew it. Can we believe his story that he saw the girls walking towards home? Was that a statement made to distance himself from the murder? (“Don’t look at me! They were alive when I saw them.”) I also wonder why the Plackers were concerned about Taylor going to the bridge. It was not far and she was 13. Did they know it was a place where drug deals went down?
  • From Tom’s Girl: “It was up the family & friends of these victims to keep their loved ones in the news in any manner they could, these families have not done that.” I think that the family knows who did the killing. Maybe not the specific individuals but that it had to have been from a group or gang who were on the bridge to buy drugs. Taylor’s father (gf) said that “they” cannot hurt the family any worse than they had already. Was that a message to the killers? “Mosher said the families have laid their trust in the hands of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department and the OSBI to find the killers.” Was that a message to the killers that the family was not talking?
  • I think Taylor was the target. I think she was probably on the walk that day to deliver drugs to someone on the bridge. For Uncle Joe? She knew people from the gang and felt comfortable with them. The Z with the slashes is a gang symbol. If it represented the actors’ name then why, when the names were written out on her body, did the Z not have slashes on it?
  • I suspect Uncle Joe was at the Placker house to meet the people to sell the drugs and sent Taylor to make the delivery. The purse that Taylor carried could have been used to carry drugs and the money for the payment. Perhaps Joe tried to “cheat” the buyer and never considered that he was putting Taylor and Skyla in danger because he didn’t think it would be noticed. Or maybe he just didn’t care.
  • I don’t think Joe was a shooter. He was on the murder site shortly afterwards. The shooter had to have blood on his clothes and Joe did not. It would have been noticed.
  • On the walk back Taylor and Skyla could have been confronted by the buyers. Perhaps one of them struck her in the face causing the injury, but if she knew them she might not have realized the extent of the danger.
  • Taylor’s hand had a wound that indicated that the hand was closed with the fingers toward her. Am I remembering that right? If the hand had been held out in a defensive way, I think it would have been open with the palm toward the shooter. If it had been a protective gesture, I think it would have been open but with the palm toward her face. But the hand was closed. Was she handing money from the drug deal back to the shooter?
  • I know I don’t sound sympathetic towards the girls but I am. But the family has so many bad apples that their way of life must have been a life that most of us cannot understand. Even the worst of the family were accepted and welcomed. If my brother were like Uncle Joe, he would not have gotten near my two sons. From an early age Taylor must have seen and heard things and known people who did all kinds of crimes. Children are formed, in part, from their environment and my sympathy for Taylor is that she never had a chance. I think making the delivery would be no big deal to her. Just life as she knew it.
  • Perhaps the POI saw the bodies in the ditch and drove on. Was he sick? Perhaps he had to stop his truck suddenly and thus did not pull it out of the road because he was sick. Is he not coming forward because of fear that he will be targeted?
  • I would guess two shooters and a little older than “kids” because I think kids would have slipped up and talked or been found out. The shooter(s) seem to be more experienced and hardened.
Sorry for the length. I don’t post often but sure make up for it when I do. J Maggie

Sigh, I need a break. I thought I was doing ok, relating things that run across my mind, questions in my mind. But it appears that people think I am pointing fingers.
I guess I just dont know how to post. I am better to go back and just read. But I do want it known, that I dont have any clue to what happened, and when I post, I am just posting "What if's) which I thought I was being clear about.
I am confused, ipset, and apparently not writing what I am trying to write.... I guess.

I now have a local who can keep me in the know. I will ne near. Reading.

Frog, I was just posting my own "what ifs" back to yours. I really don't have a clue, I'm confused as well with lots of questions in my head.

I'm sorry if it came across differently.

The guy on another forum said this is what they did when they tested his gun today. He said they fired the weapon twice and kept the bullets and casings for comparison with the ones from the crime scene. He said he was present while they did this.

Thanks. I had been wondering if he was going to provide an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon