Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

Interesting but I'm not seeing the connection. I get he killed his fiance, which is a sad to say "typical" domestic homicide type situation and he did it with a knife not a gun. How did the blogger wind up linking him to Skyler and Taylor in any credible way?
:waitasec:

I'd love for the perp to be caught in this case more than anything.

Hi evelyn!

There is a poster on the Theories thread named JACKAMW who says he found some stuff online aobut KS and sent it in to OSBI. "More to come." he states.
It is post # 515 on the last page.

So I guess that must be where the new developments came from. The poster didn't elaborate which I can understand and respect. I wouldn't say anything about a tip that I provided for fear of compromising the case and fear for my safety. MOO.:twocents:

Prayers that this case is solved soon. Like TobyWong*, this case is the reason I joined WS. It is so frustrating for me that it hasn't been solved yet.
Our girls deserve justice.

wm

Those photos from Susan's journal prove that 'Josepi' has access to guns. Can anyone identify the type of guns he is holding? TIA

wm

I can.
I'll go back and pull up the info about what was recovered at the site, the ME reports and trajectory analysis. See if anything matches up.

I can.
I'll go back and pull up the info about what was recovered at the site, the ME reports and trajectory analysis. See if anything matches up.

Oriah, You Rock!!!!:rocker:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

wm

ETA I just realized that I could enlarge the photos, lol! That middle pic shows him double fisted, holding some kind of revolver and is that a glock?
He's a skeery looking dude......moo

Interesting but I'm not seeing the connection. I get he killed his fiance, which is a sad to say "typical" domestic homicide type situation and he did it with a knife not a gun. How did the blogger wind up linking him to Skyler and Taylor in any credible way?
:waitasec:

I'd love for the perp to be caught in this case more than anything.

He sounds like the type who might act out voilently on impulse when he feels rejected or wronged. Maybe something unrelated to the little girls made him angry that day and he just took it out on them because he was driving by, they were female, alone in a secluded area, and vulnerable.

It would be interesting to know what was going on in his life the day of the murders and just prior.:twocents:

Oriah, You Rock!!!!:rocker:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

wm

ETA I just realized that I could enlarge the photos, lol! That middle pic shows him double fisted, holding some kind of revolver and is that a glock?
He's a skeery looking dude......moo

You're very welcome wm. I just sent those three docs off- let's see what we get back.

He sounds like the type who might act out voilently on impulse when he feels rejected or wronged. Maybe something unrelated to the little girls made him angry that day and he just took it out on them because he was driving by, they were female, alone in a secluded area, and vulnerable.

It would be interesting to know what was going on in his life the day of the murders and just prior.:twocents:

I think it is ok to sleuth him now that the news has come out.

I have sooo many questions about this guy. How old is he?
Did he drive a white truck in 2008? Or could he have been placed in the area and gave a false statement to police about the white truck and the NA man?
Did he wear a ponytail in June 2008?

I have so many questions.

His attire in those pics is exactly like the attire of the hoodlums in a dream that I had and Skyla showed me around. The hoodlums were hanging out at a basketball court that was enclosed by a chain link fence. That dream is the reason that I joined WS and why this case continues to haunt me. But I regress....

Does anyone keep up with Topix there in OK? ON the Theories thread someone mentioned some posts on that site. I don't read there and don't know how to get there. Help!:crazy:

wm

Those photos from Susan's journal prove that 'Josepi' has access to guns. Can anyone identify the type of guns he is holding? TIA

wm
None of the pictures are very clear. The rifle looks like an AR-15 or close copy. While it fires a .223 cartridge, that uses completely different bullet than was used in the murders. It would have been a jacketed round, not the copper coated small caliber round that is described in the autopsy report.
The handguns are much more interesting. One is a target revolver. I've seen similar guns at the gun show, but I can't remember offhand who makes them. The important thing is that revolvers of that general type can be had in .22 caliber. The other one one is a medium size semi-auto. This one is in shadow and I can't make out enough detail to identify it. There are medium size semi-autos that are made to fire the .40 caliber round.

Let me state that I'm not certain that those handguns are those calibers, just that it's possible. Both designs of guns are made for a variety of different calibers. Without knowing more about those specific guns, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're the likely murder weapons. They may very well not be.

None of the pictures are very clear. The rifle looks like an AR-15 or close copy. While it fires a .223 cartridge, that uses completely different bullet than was used in the murders. It would have been a jacketed round, not the copper coated small caliber round that is described in the autopsy report.
The handguns are much more interesting. One is a target revolver. I've seen similar guns at the gun show, but I can't remember offhand who makes them. The important thing is that revolvers of that general type can be had in .22 caliber. The other one one is a medium size semi-auto. This one is in shadow and I can't make out enough detail to identify it. There are medium size semi-autos that are made to fire the .40 caliber round.

Let me state that I'm not certain that those handguns are those calibers, just that it's possible. Both designs of guns are made for a variety of different calibers. Without knowing more about those specific guns, we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're the likely murder weapons. They may very well not be.

Thanks, Bargle. I'm trying to clean up the pics so they are more clear and maybe we determine make and model. I too do not think we should be jumping to any conclusions.

I do find it interesting that there are two different types of ammo, and also that the assumption is/was two shooters as per the trajectories. But I'm not 100% convinced about that. Would love to hear your thoughts. TIA.

I agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I am just curious about the type of the two firearms that he is holding in the middle pic on Susan's site. And I wonder.....could these photos be the reason that LE is questioning this guy? Does OSBI have reason to believe that those guns match the ones used to murder Taylor and Skyla?

Bargles and Oriah, I am so grateful for your help as I know nothing about firearms! This is the first lead we have had in three+ years and it gives me hope that this perplexing case will be solved.

wm

Since this guy is headed to Big Mac for murdering his girlfriend, I am keeping my fingers crossed that anyone who might have never shared tips on Skyla's and Taylor's case will now call them into the OSBI (if he was involved).

I agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I am just curious about the type of the two firearms that he is holding in the middle pic on Susan's site. And I wonder.....could these photos be the reason that LE is questioning this guy? Does OSBI have reason to believe that those guns match the ones used to murder Taylor and Skyla?

Bargles and Oriah, I am so grateful for your help as I know nothing about firearms! This is the first lead we have had in three+ years and it gives me hope that this perplexing case will be solved.

wm

I do think that the renewed interest of the firearms is what may have brought attention to him (among other things.) The .40 glock casings info was released early on. I've always wondered why they withheld the smaller caliber info. Perhaps this is why.

OSBI offers reward for weapon in death of Weleetka girls
WELEETKA — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is offering a $5,000 reward for the handgun used in the slaying of two Weleetka girls, said Jessica Brown, agency spokeswoman.

The gun is a Glock .40 model 22 handgun with the serial number EKG463US.
---
Brown said the person who is in possession of the weapon is not a suspect in any crimes.
---
The rest at Daily Oklahoman link above.

wm
OK, thanks to help from a coworker, we've identified the revolver as a Taurus Tracker. It is available in .22 caliber. It is/has been available in 7 and 9 round versions. A couple of links to a picture and description.
http://www.frontierfirearms.ca/images/Tracker-600ghfhrht.png
http://www.frontierfirearms.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_22_928&products_id=5132

I couldn't get the semi-auto gun identified for sure. It may be a Glock Model 22, but I can't tell.

jUST SAW your post ...then was reading this article one of the comments said these flyers were posted at recent gun show ....
this was posted on Sept 20

http://www.newson6.com/story/15504862/oklahoma-law-enforcement-agency-looking-for-a-handgun
15504862_BG1.jpg

This is positive news! I've got a feeling OSBI knows who did this? Wonder if KS is talking now that he is in jail?

Thanks for the links everyone! I am praying for the Placker and Whittaker families.

wm

Hello All~
Has it been released how Kevin killed Amanda?
I know her body was found, burnt. But has the COD been released?

tia,
Flossie

flossie, This article has the most info that I can find.

http://henryettafreelance.com/v2/content.aspx?ID=35610&MemberID=1991

wm

waltzingmatilda, Thanks so much for the link.

I am trying to wrap my brain around the fact that LE is releasing the serial number of the Glock. The fact that there has been a ballistic match between this specific Glock and the Weleetka case means:

1) there also had to have been a ballistic match between this specific firearm and another crime or

2) LE got ballistics from the manufacturer (GLOCK) or the original owner of the firearm.

Am I off base with this thought process?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back