Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned about LE solving this anytime soon. They are really quiet. I have seen no news today at all.

I respectfully disagree. EArly in an investigation, when LE is quiet they have something major going on and don't want to risk any info getting out. When LE is stumped they do all kinds of things to bring in tips: pressers, posters, AMW, lots of attention getting stuff. I find it encouraging that LE is being so quiet. Now if they are this quiet a year from now then I'd be concerned. I'd rather LE be tight-lipped, take their time and do it all by the book, cross every "t" and dot every "i"---leave nothing for the defense attorney to use against them in court.

I don't mean this to sound crass and uncompassionate, but the girls are gone and nothing LE can do will bring them back. The best thing LE can do for the families is to get solid evidence which leads to a solid conviction-----that takes time and lots of work.

JMHO

I am so waiting for a break in this case. I cannot believe that Taylor's "dad" is only a few years older than me!! (single mom here with 6yo, 14 yo, and 16yo!!)

I just wanted to comment on the 911 call. I live outside the Dallas, work downtown but live in a ruralish area and I had to call 911 once, medical emergency and I'll bet I got transferred 3 different time to the correct agency. That took a few minutes I know. That may have occurred with Mr. Placker as well.

I respectfully disagree. EArly in an investigation, when LE is quiet they have something major going on and don't want to risk any info getting out. When LE is stumped they do all kinds of things to bring in tips: pressers, posters, AMW, lots of attention getting stuff. I find it encouraging that LE is being so quiet. Now if they are this quiet a year from now then I'd be concerned. I'd rather LE be tight-lipped, take their time and do it all by the book, cross every "t" and dot every "i"---leave nothing for the defense attorney to use against them in court.

JMHO

Point well taken:) Was just thinking back to the Drew Peterson case, how quiet the LE has been with that one :)

I am so waiting for a break in this case. I cannot believe that Taylor's "dad" is only a few years older than me!! (single mom here with 6yo, 14 yo, and 16yo!!)

I just wanted to comment on the 911 call. I live outside the Dallas, work downtown but live in a ruralish area and I had to call 911 once, medical emergency and I'll bet I got transferred 3 different time to the correct agency. That took a few minutes I know. That may have occurred with Mr. Placker as well.

I can understood why it would have taken awhile for Mr. Placker to call. The rush of finding the children dead (may they RIP), having to overcome that, dealing with the mom or grandma that showed up. And I would think that the cellphone the kids had didnt enter his mind immediately in the torrent that he was dealing with. It would have been in the childs pocket or in the tall grasses and weeds at least in my thinking.

I have to agree on all aspects. LE does know more than we do.The family aspect does not ring true to me considering what they have been involved with and their given testimony. I am still going on the thrill kill aspect given the short amount of time and no valid reason. We have seen lots of cases where it wasn't apparent but it did happen. This family has its doubts, no question, but do the doubts indicate murder of 2 young girls?

Hi there, lady, great to "see" you!

I have never felt any family member was involved in this crime. Now we can't discount that some wicked arse that one of them knew, by the by, may have had some stupid, warped, vendetta against one of them. We see how weird some think all the time and the crimes that happens because of it. It would have to be someone who is meaner than a junkyard dog for them to be capable of murdering two young girls by the side of the road.

I just don't think it is some biker rivalry. I have never heard of biker gangs sending in hit men to ride down country roads murdering kids in order to send a message. I also haven't heard of cases where a drug dealer targeted just the children. I have seen cases where the drug dealers will wipe out entire families but I may have missed some cases but I would think if it happened it was extremely rare when it comes to specifically targeting the children only.

I think if it is someone they knew that maybe hired this man to do this, it will be devastating for the family that the person could have taken out their wrath,vengeance and hatred out on two innocent children who did no one any harm, ever.

As of now I think it was a crime of opportunity most likely committed by a sociopath who killed because he knew he could.

I remember reading a case about a deer hunter that was found murdered in the woods with three shots to his head. The case went cold and unsolved for a long time. Eventually they got new leads and the POI was in prison for other murders. They ask him why he killed this man he didn't even know. He calmly answered "because he was there and I knew I could." So chilling senseless killers aren't rare at all.

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member