Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it strange that he walked, and like it not you aren't going to ponder a 911 call for 20 mins., after a crime is committed. It may be that he couldn't phone immediately. However, in emergency situations, the first reaction is shock, but 911 is next.

We need to remember that the 5:25 time frame comes from when Skylas
grandmother told the reporter that she "believes the call from Skylas mom came about 5:30"

I really don't think our timeline matters.
They feel they have a firm timeline and IMO that is what matters.

I also don't find it strange that he walked!

Now I want to know why this guy was suicidal. He didn't even have a gun? How was he going to kill himself and why chose the school location to do it? School is out, why go to an empty school? Does he live in the area? Not sure if this incident has anything to do with anything. But there is definitely more to this story.

http://www.koco.com/news/16629920/detail.html

Weleetka police told Eyewitness News 5 that the man was intent on killing himself, that he had no gun and that he had never claimed any involvement in the girls' deaths. Officers took him into custody at about 10 a.m. near Weleetka Junior High School.

I really don't know. All I know if one of my children had spend the night company and the next day the parent called and said they were coming to pick them up and at the time my child and their friend had gone walking, I would go walking the same road to look for them. I would want the other child there at my home waiting to be picked up. I would make sure the child had their overnight bag packed up and would make sure they had not left anything behind. This is what I would do before the parent arrived.

So I find nothing suspicious about Mr. Placker going to look for the children.

imo

In total honesty, I would not think twice about walking to meet my guys if I could not hook up with them. I wouldn't be worried, but I'd want to meet up with them to let them know a parent was coming to pick them up in the near future.

I'd walk that far (heck, do with the dog) and the man is "younger" than I am! I see nothing goofy here....

I don't see the distance of walking as a problem. Am I missing something??? Really, am I?

What they can do is release a transcript of the 911 call - blacking out any info that is private or inflammatory. Most people just want to know what was said (generally) and what the person saw, (generally) and their demeanor/state of mind. That can all be communicated in writing without having to play the actual call. In fact what we want here is mostly a TIMELINE and if there was any info that might flesh out or eliminate any theories.

I for one do not listen to 911 calls in cases unless I HAVE to. Usually there is little I can glean once I read a transcript of the call and note what others say about the contents. I do not need to hear the actual call unless the caller is a suspect - and in this case, he is not. If this had been ME, I would not want the call out there in the media or online - it's hard enough to avoid the subject (and the pain) without having to discuss the call and the details over and over because everyone is listening to it. This was a FAMILY MEMBER of one of the victims who has been cleared of involvement - it wasn't someone calling about a stranger or an unidentified crime scene or body they found, it was her GPa. Hearing the tape isn't necessary - nor will it answer any questions that a transcript (or some info about it) won't.

My Opinion

At this time, IMO, if LE decides to release the timing of the call, the length of time it took between the 911 call and EMT's to show up...that's all that matters at this time. I do not believe we need to hear what the tapes recorded.

Hi All, I live about the same distance away, I'm 44 from Henryetta. I have been following this and may have local info in a few days. I've had a death in the family and a funeral today, but I will pass on anything I can when things settle

Welcome Sooner Fan!

Sorry to hear of your loss. Looking forward to your input. :)

Who said that they are the type that would not talk to the police? I haven't heard OSBI say that any of this family has been uncooperative.

By Mr. Plackers recent interview he seems at a loss why anyone would do this to his child and her friend.

Sorry I didn't word that correctly...it hasn't been stated that they wouldn't talk to the police. What I meant was that it was previously suggested on here that because of the family's history, they may not sit with the police and tell them about everyone they have associated with or possibly angered. I'm hoping that they would tell them something if they had an idea of who it could be, but I can also see them wanting to take matters in their own hands. I can't say I'd blame them...if someone did that to one of my loved ones I'd like to find them first too.

Just wanted to welcome Miss Holmes and Dalaipardon (and any other newbies I may have missed). So glad to have you here on WS, the local information and the family tree are of great help.

Still trying to catch up, still praying they find the guy(s) responsible and that Taylor and Skyla's family can somehow find some peace.

Sorry I didn't word that correctly...it hasn't been stated that they wouldn't talk to the police. What I meant was that it was previously suggested on here that because of the family's history, they may not sit with the police and tell them about everyone they have associated with or possibly angered. I'm hoping that they would tell them something if they had an idea of who it could be, but I can also see them wanting to take matters in their own hands. I can't say I'd blame them...if someone did that to one of my loved ones I'd like to find them first too.

I just think when someone has children brutally murdered all bets would be off. I just cant see anyone holding back anything that would let the murderer go scott free.

They know that LE is going to check to see if they have criminal backgrounds.

imoo

Welcome Sooner Fan!

Sorry to hear of your loss. Looking forward to your input. :)

Another welcome, and also sorrow for your loss.

Ditto SieSie's welcome to Miss Holmes and Dalaipardon.

C6

I just think when someone has children brutally murdered all bets would be off. I just cant see anyone holding back anything that would let the murderer go scott free.

They know that LE is going to check to see if they have criminal backgrounds.

imoo
We are projecting what WE would do if it was our family member. While I don't know, I would assume that most of the WS-ers posting are NOT convicted felons, on parole, or engaging in felonious illegal activities. I don't think we - from our more, shall we say "traditional" perspective can predict how a different type of person would react and whether they would welcome LE's attention. Their desire to "help" notwithstanding, I can see where many of Taylor's family would not be entirely forthcoming and might NOT be comfortable with having LE scrutinize them, their home or the lifestyle. Someone for whom scrutiny might risk their parole status or reveal an illegal activity is NOT going to just start spiliing their guts to LE or invite LE in for Tea - even if it would help the investigation....at least that's what occurs to me.

My Opinion

I'm afraid they are never going to find who did this and why.

I think they refer to this guy as a POI because once you are a *suspect* you are afforded certain rights. Rights that they do not want this guy to have at this time.

I think they refer to this guy as a POI because once you are a *suspect* you are afforded certain rights. Rights that they do not want this guy to have at this time.

Yes, I think that is the reason they call him a POI instead of *suspect*.

We are projecting what WE would do if it was our family member. While I don't know, I would assume that most of the WS-ers posting are NOT convicted felons, on parole, or engaging in felonious illegal activities. I don't think we - from our more, shall we say "traditional" perspective can predict how a different type of person would react and whether they would welcome LE's attention. Their desire to "help" notwithstanding, I can see where many of Taylor's family would not be entirely forthcoming and might NOT be comfortable with having LE scrutinize them, their home or the lifestyle. Someone for whom scrutiny might risk their parole status or reveal an illegal activity is NOT going to just start spiliing their guts to LE or invite LE in for Tea - even if it would help the investigation....at least that's what occurs to me.

My Opinion

I humbly disagree. Besides, in a case such as this I have no doubt that even *if* the families were not forthcoming, LE would have still check into both families backgrounds. All close family, extending family, and those involved with both on any poissible level.

This family is not holding back. I have again no doubt that even if they tried, there is enough LE involved who have done many a background check at this point. They could not afford not to research every avenue. The cost to this case would be to high.

IMO

I humbly disagree. Besides, in a case such as this I have no doubt that even *if* the families were not forthcoming, LE would have still check into both families backgrounds. All close family, extending family, and those involved with both on any poissible level.

This family is not holding back. I have again no doubt that even if they tried, there is enough LE involved who have done many a background check at this point. They could not afford not to research every avenue. The cost to this case would be to high.

IMO
Oh, I am sure LE HAS checked out everyone they know about as thoroughly as possible. BUT I don't agree that everyone in the family has necessarily been forthcoming about their friends, associates and activities. And there is no way for LE to know EVERYTHING these folks have been doing and who they have been associating with.

I agree that Peter and Vicky and their immediate family doesn't appear to be holding back but doesn't Peter have like 8 siblings - one of whom is associated with the Bandidos? This is a LARGE family with a lot of known criminal activities. People who have been incarcerated repeatedly are not fans of LE and they KNOW LE will lie to get them to reveal info or incriminate themselves. I don't think we can say from OUR perspective and current knowledge that the entire Placker Paschal family has been practicing "full disclosure" with the investigators. Hasn't one of them already been jailed on an old warrant? THAT doesn't seem to encourage full and open cooperation to me.

My Opinion

We are projecting what WE would do if it was our family member. While I don't know, I would assume that most of the WS-ers posting are NOT convicted felons, on parole, or engaging in felonious illegal activities. I don't think we - from our more, shall we say "traditional" perspective can predict how a different type of person would react and whether they would welcome LE's attention. Their desire to "help" notwithstanding, I can see where many of Taylor's family would not be entirely forthcoming and might NOT be comfortable with having LE scrutinize them, their home or the lifestyle. Someone for whom scrutiny might risk their parole status or reveal an illegal activity is NOT going to just start spilling their guts to LE or invite LE in for Tea - even if it would help the investigation....at least that's what occurs to me.

My Opinion

They may not want to lay out their misgivings but if they have been a part of the justice system themselves already they know how it works and that LE would be going to check them out fully anyway. So lying would be rather stupid imo when no one knows how the system works better than they would.

I still think if any of them had one inkling who may have been capable of killing these little girls they would tell. I refuse to believe that they would protect the murderer of their own kin and her little friend.

And not one of these men have crimes against children that I have read. Children may be the only thing they find valuable.

imo

It is just too eerily quiet on the part of the investigators on this case......

Exactly. It is extremely rare these days, almost unheard of to label anyone a suspect. This backlash started full force when the media labeled Richard Jewell a suspect. Since that time police are very careful and 99% of the time say they are looking for a POI.

Every case I can remember when they were looking for a POI. when found, they turned out to be the suspect.

Usually now if the police holds a PC and says they have a suspect there has already been an arrest warrant issued.

When Brown says when they find this POI she thinks the case can be resolved quickly means IMO he is the one they do suspect.

imo

Sorry to interrupt but I have felt the need to password the family tree site due to "circumstances". If someone wants access pm me and I will send the password to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member