Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me think of how children can be harmed even when they are very close to home. We have seen it happen before, unfortunately.

From what I can remember this road is used to go between two communities about 10 miles apart from each other. Skyla's mother was using this same road so there is a connection to her town as well which is about 16 miles from Weleetka.

The photo of the crime scene that shows the white truck was placed there to show the Placker driveway so that LE down the road could look back and tell where it was. Where the black truck is parked further up is not the crime scene......they would park back away from it. You can see another guy further on up in the road and that is the crime scene imo.

imoo
The white was place there by who it not a Le truck it looks like it taken a beating and had a hard life. That why I think it might have been there before the murders. I am thinking that truck belongs to someone in the Placker family. It was a report who took the picture not Le. If Le wanted to know how far it was they would have just measured the distance and put a orange cone up not park trucks so they could see how close it was.

The white was place there by who it not a Le truck it looks like it taken a beating and had a hard life. That why I think it might have been there before the murders. I am thinking that truck belongs to someone in the Placker family. It was a report who took the picture not Le. If Le wanted to know how far it was they would have just measured the distance and put a orange cone up not park trucks so they could see how close it was.

Each jurisdiction works the crime scene as they see fit. There is no written rule.

I don't think so. This was a trip back to the crime scene after the initial time they spent there. If they thought it was evidence whatsoever they would have gotten a Search Warrant and immediately on the 8th and impounded it to secure it for evidence.

They sure wouldn't then on the 13th, come out and state they are looking for a POI who was driving a white truck that could be a Ford or Chevy. IMO .

But you may be right. Since they had sealed off the road they may have asked Mr. Placker to part his truck in his driveway. He may have done so earlier trying to stop the media onslaught too.

imoo

Just what every teen (and almost teen) dreams of, their parents tagging along on a walk in their own neighborhood. The girls had a cell phone, I'm sure that gave them and the family a sense of security, false security though. Still, there is not blame to be put on the family for allowing what every older kid should have, the ability to take a walk with their friend in a place they call home and to come back alive.

CarpeDiem,
You're absolutely right.

It makes me think of how children can be harmed even when they are very close to home. We have seen it happen before, unfortunately.

SNIP
Sadly yes it's happened before.
Remember Jessica Lunsford?
Taken from her bed, in her home and carried across the street. :furious::furious:

I live in a good family neighborhood filled with lots of cops, teachers, the elderly etc. I never let my kids walk around the block with a friend until they were 13.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Forensic_Laboratory/index.html

This link has a few video's on the case of OSBI and the crime scene. You can see that in many of these where the white truck was at the driveway on these there is a maroon car. These could belong to crime scene workers or friends of the family who came to visit. Also there is a recap of the interview where they are describing the info about having an eye witness of the girls prior to the shooting.

Hope this helps clear up some area's.

Sadly yes it's happened before.
Remember Jessica Lunsford?
Taken from her bed, in her home and carried across the street. :furious::furious:

I live in a good family neighborhood filled with lots of cops, teachers, the elderly etc. I never let my kids walk around the block with a friend until they were 13.

It really can happen anywhere one lives to anyone. Murderers are high risk takers and are bold and brazen.

I too live in a crime free neighborhood but I am much more vigilant that ever before, even here.

But I do know that Weleetka had not even had a murder since the 80s. It was country living and imo nothing can be better for kids but we cant stop the murderers with some magic blockade and keep them from destroying what should be such a happy time and great environment for kids.

Some of my fondest memories are of country roads and tiny rural areas where almost everyone knows everyone. Such a easy laid back atmosphere until someone penetrates it and spoils it for everyone there.

imo

I really think they should try to hypnotize the person(S) who could ID the white truck. If they were under hypnosis they be able to see the tag number..since they did see the tag to know it was an Oklahoma tag. Also they may be able to define the sketch of the POI.

SNIP

Some of my fondest memories are of country roads and tiny rural areas where almost everyone knows everyone. Such a easy laid back atmosphere until someone penetrates it and spoils it for everyone there.

imo

I have memories similar to yours oceanblueeyes.
We definitely live in different times. :(

Good ideas re: POI

Think about driving by someone at around 15 mph. Would you be able to give a detailed description of the color of someone's eyes? I certainly wouldn't.

It also seems the POI isn't local, since neither he nor the car were recognized.

Have you ever noticed that if you look a stranger in the eye, they will often immediately look away? Maybe that is what ponytail tried to do here. Maybe the ponytail guy stared the witness down in an intimidating way, and it was such an intense stare that it had the opposite effect; the look was etched in to the witness' memory.

Susan

You might just have a point there TGIRecovered. Kinda like when you are looking at someone in Traffic & they turn and look right at you oops!!

Specially Trained Dog Headed To Scene Of Weleetka Killings

POSTED: 5:06 pm CDT June 24, 2008
OSBI agents said the dog to be used on Wednesday is trained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The canine is trained to detect gunpowder and bullet casings.
http://www.koco.com/news/16699678/detail.html

I put the link in Media

OSBI agents said the dog to be used on Wednesday is trained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. The canine is trained to detect gunpowder and bullet casings.

I put the link in Media
I saw you link GS, glad you posted it here also.

It's been quite a while, and many rains in that area since June 8th, wish they could have done this earlier.

I put the link in Media

It's about da*n time. :banghead:
Shouldn't the scent dogs have searched the area weeks ago?:furious:

I put the link in Media

Hmm this makes me think they have more shots made to the children than they do bullet casings. I bet some of them landed in his truck if he first fired from it and then stepped out (boot print found) and shot them again.

imo

It's about da*n time. :banghead:
Shouldn't the scent dogs have searched the area weeks ago?:furious:

I will have to read up on these gunpowder and bullet casing sniffing dogs to see if that interferes with them.

You know some of these scent dogs can find bodies years and years later and you know it had to rain and rain at times but that didn't stop them.

I am sure if it was fruitless they wouldn't let it out that it was being done.

imoo

Having a Thread on Scent Dogs/Cadaver Dogs is not a bad idea. One of you want to start it and bring over what information you have already there?

There is a lot of information on these dogs!!!

I Agree!
I just don't believe that the world is any more "evil" or dangerous to children now than it was 50 years ago. We just KNOW MORE now because we get "instant" news and 24/7/365 communication with our phones and computers. In the US, we also have access to and means to purchase more powerful and sophisticated weapons that kill more people faster. I don't think there are more incidents, I think they just kill more people and we hear about all of them. Crime has become the "news" in the US - if it bleeds, it leads has never been more true.

My Opinion
You can believe what you want to believe, but I do not for a second think that the world is as safe as it was fifty years ago! It isn't because we lived in a cave then and didn't have instant news reports. It simply did not happen like it does today. Look at crime statistics (if they go back that far and are accurate). We don't have thousands upon thousands missing from that era due to abductions and murders. We didn't have gangbangers hanging out on the street to shoot you and steal your car. We didn't have the endless supply of meth and other horrendous drugs being sold to school children and have drug wars because of their turfs to do so. Maybe we don't live in the same world today because the one I am looking at looks NOTHING like it did when I was born!

Crime SHOULD be news! We should ALL be up in arms about it! The problem only gets worse every day and when we finally figure out hiding our head in the sand is not working...we will get much tougher with the lawmakers, LE, and others who can give us reprieve from such depravity. (Judges should be on that list, too!)

Have you ever noticed that if you look a stranger in the eye, they will often immediately look away? Maybe that is what ponytail tried to do here. Maybe the ponytail guy stared the witness down in an intimidating way, and it was such an intense stare that it had the opposite effect; the look was etched in to the witness' memory.

Susan
That is exactly what I think might have happened which added to their statement he was acting "suspicious". The sketch is so detailed and complete because of the forensic artist. He is AMAZING! There was an article posted here about him earlier with another sketch he had done that matched the perp after they caught him to a tee. If he has good information to go on from different people who can verify the work...I would say this sketch will be dead on.

SS, part of the problem, too, is that so many people in positions of power are criminals! It's trickle-down corruption. I agree; the world has definitely gotten worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdc_fm