Soccer Game ... No really, "the" Soccer Game

SouthEastSleuth said:
And, a quick drive from Durham as well!!
Agreed. The 33 minute drive time and the lighted fields certainly make this a possible location.

JerseyGirl said:
Agreed. The 33 minute drive time and the lighted fields certainly make this a possible location.
..and the field was available the night in question:

Schedule for Soccer Park
Contact teams or organizations directly for tickets.
For assistance in reaching them, call (919) 858-0464.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 9, 2005
Triangle Educational Advancement Foundation – High School Women’s Showcase
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 16, 2005
ACC Women’s Friendlies
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 17, 2005
ACC Men’s Friendlies
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May 28-29, 2005
NCHSAA High School Women’s Championships
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]July 11, 2005
Rochester Rhinos vs. D.C United
[/font]

JnTC said:
A regulation soccer game is 45 minutes per half with a 10-20 minute halftime. The problem with pickup soccer games, or even organized league games is that times vary GREATLY.
And with the lights on the field, it could have been four hours if they had wanted to play that long.

IF they played regulation, and the game started at 8:00 as we've heard, the game would have been over sometime between 9:40 and 9:50 P.M. Add in a 33 minute drive, and that takes us to between 10:13 and 10:23. And if he stopped off to get the Gatorade on the way home, that would only take a few minutes. That would bring us to probably 10:25 or 10:30. We don't know how fast he was driving or if there was any traffic but even so, the "onset of injury" was about 10:50. That leaves about twenty minutes or so for any traffic he might have experienced.

I'm not really going anywhere with this. Just wanted to figure out the timing.

Sounds like they may indeed have played a regulation game, (unless Raven left early because he said that he got home around 10:30)?

JerseyGirl said:
And with the lights on the field, it could have been four hours if they had wanted to play that long.

IF they played regulation, and the game started at 8:00 as we've heard, the game would have been over sometime between 9:40 and 9:50 P.M. Add in a 33 minute drive, and that takes us to between 10:13 and 10:23. And if he stopped off to get the Gatorade on the way home, that would only take a few minutes. That would bring us to probably 10:25 or 10:30. We don't know how fast he was driving or if there was any traffic but even so, the "onset of injury" was about 10:50. That leaves about twenty minutes or so for any traffic he might have experienced.

I'm not really going anywhere with this. Just wanted to figure out the timing.

Sounds like they may indeed have played a regulation game, (unless Raven left early because he said that he got home around 10:30)?
Didn't someone say that Raven said he left the game early because he had on odd feeling, or something to that effect? If it were true, how early? 10-15 minutes?

LTUlegal said:
Didn't someone say that Raven said he left the game early because he had on odd feeling, or something to that effect? If it were true, how early? 10-15 minutes?
..wow....now that's a telling statement........"he left early due to a "feeling"??
...i honestly don't recall that one..........

...it does seem that he's put quite a few 'odd feelings'....'different statements' out there himself since that night.......
...which one of raven's stories IS the truth ?

lauriej said:
..wow....now that's a telling statement........"he left early due to a "feeling"??
...i honestly don't recall that one..........

...it does seem that he's put quite a few 'odd feelings'....'different statements' out there himself since that night.......
...which one of raven's stories IS the truth ?
Honestly, I don't know if it's a story that I'd heard that Raven told, or a rumor, but I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere! (sorry not very specific, it's all beginning to run together!) Only one person knows the truth, but unfortunately, she's not alive to tell us. :(
eta: now I feel stupid because I can't find where I thought I'd heard that....:slap:

LTUlegal said:
Honestly, I don't know if it's a story that I'd heard that Raven told, or a rumor, but I'm pretty sure I heard it somewhere! (sorry not very specific, it's all beginning to run together!) Only one person knows the truth, but unfortunately, she's not alive to tell us. :(
eta: now I feel stupid because I can't find where I thought I'd heard that....:slap:
I too heard that Raven said he experienced an "odd" feeling during the soccer game. But to my knowledge he did not leave the game early, he only said he had an odd feeling.

goodolebv said:
I too heard that Raven said he experienced an "odd" feeling during the soccer game. But to my knowledge he did not leave the game early, he only said he had an odd feeling.

Thanks for letting us know that GOBV. It's funny how people do get those feelings in life ... discernment ... it's important to listen to that little voice within. Mine says "Raven Is Guilty and Justice will be Done!"

But then again, that is just what Raven said. And we know that changes with every blow of the wind. My little voice agrees with you GM

goodolebv said:
But then again, that is just what Raven said. And we know that changes with every blow of the wind. My little voice agrees with you GM

LOL GOBV, he better be careful to stay out of the wind or that combover effect that's going on now will blowover! :loser:

goodolebv said:
This sounds so contrived on Raven's part. What was this odd feeling? Obviously it couldn't have been anything too bad if he didn't bother to leave the game early. And then possibly stopped off for that Gatorade on his way home.

JerseyGirl said:
This sounds so contrived on Raven's part. What was this odd feeling? Obviously it couldn't have been anything too bad if he didn't bother to leave the game early. And then possibly stopped off for that Gatorade on his way home.

Next thing you know he'll be breaking out the ashes and sackcloth and ripping out his hair ... oops ... he can't rip it out because it's falling out too quickly!

goodolebv said:
Sounds so much like a Mormon story--not to discredit that these things can happen--but it's like he wanted it to sound that way to take some heat off of himself.

Ah to adhere to the religion that he obviously had already abandoned...he's slime.

LTUlegal said:
.....oh my goodness LTU...........please, no apologies at all over what you recall and from where.......:)
...we've ALL scrambled all over the original posts etc trying to remember what was out there "back then"...
...the GOOD thing.........because there ARE a lot of posts to go through, to me, means this has been a serious sleuthing operation.........
...keep your thoughts coming............it's all coming together............and soon we'll have an arest..........

lauriej said:
...we've ALL scrambled all over the original posts etc trying to remember what was out there "back then"...
So very true! I'm at the point now where I can't remember if I read something or thought it! And I often can't remember if I posted something I thought of, so I hesitate posting it because I can't remember if I already did. LOL. I REALLY hope it's just this case - otherwise, age is sneaking up on me a lot faster than I would have suspected!

This happens to me all the time, I don't know if I thought it, read it, or had that gut feeling myself, but no matter it all ends with :behindbar.

SouthEastSleuth said:
It IS a huge facility - used for everything from kids leagues, to professional games, to area pick-up games, to HS games, etc. When the pro women's soccer league was still alive and well, the Carolina Courage played their games here. It's owned by the city, but SAS, which is THE large employer in Cary, bought naming rights, etc.

I think a good number of the local leagues play here as well.

And, a quick drive from Durham as well!!
...i contacted the field manager, asking it it would be possible for an un-registered league, a group of dedicated soccer players, to rent the field for a "pick-up" game.......

his response:

What night? What times? I need some more information. Shouldn't be a problem in the least.

Brad Myers
Assistant Athletic Facility Supervisor

SAS Soccer Park
Town of Cary Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources
201 Soccer Park Drive
Cary, NC 27511
Office Phone: 919.858.0473
Facility Main Line: 919.858.0464
Facility Fax Line: 919.858.0521
E-Mail: Brad.Myers@TownofCary.org

...........so yes.........looks like the field was available to anyone , as long as it was vacant on the night in question............

another note:

i also got the impression that to play here would not be FREE.........

...therefore, raven didn't just decide to drop by, ( kicking one of the other goalies off of his paid-for position...)

...if this WAS where the pick-up game was played that night.............and raven was one of the goal-tenders.........i'd say it was a pre-paid thing......( gotta love e-bay!), and that it was well pre-planned for raven to be there.......

JerseyGirl said:
An odd feeling? What? That he felt like going home and killing his wife and unborn child? That would a psychotic feeling, not an odd one!

If this "odd" feeling was real, wonder if he called home to Janet to make sure everything is ok? I'm sure his phone records would show the phone call and if there wasn't one, how "odd" could it really have been??

lauriej said:
another note:

i also got the impression that to play here would not be FREE.........

...therefore, raven didn't just decide to drop by, ( kicking one of the other goalies off of his paid-for position...)

...if this WAS where the pick-up game was played that night.............and raven was one of the goal-tenders.........i'd say it was a pre-paid thing......( gotta love e-bay!), and that it was well pre-planned for raven to be there.......
Good info lj! Thanks for calling.
If raven planned to attend the game to use as an alibi, he totally screwed up the time issue!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MercyMissPercy
Back