Sounds

Vaal river boating accident

I was looking again at pathologist Botha's evidence in respect of urine, which led me to read the whole of that days evidence including OP's first day under Roux. Here's another lie/contradiction again, this time regarding alcohol:

"Over Christmas and New Years he typically goes away with friends and family and he will have alcohol during that time. From January through September he does not consume any alcohol." from Lisa's blog
http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/oscar-trial-day-16-dr-botha-oscar/
The You tube recording from that day backs it up. It is 3.17 mins in , until 5.10 in the following footage. ( Poor visuals, sound is fine. )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iac95PKlBfw

When Roux asks him had he had a drink the day of the boating accident he says yes. When you look up the date of the accident...

The Vaal river wipe-out occurred 21 February 2009
http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-04-22-did-oscar-pistorius-lie-on-the-stand/#.U4zcts25aeY

I was previously aware that the drinking on the boat had probably been covered up in 2009 and that in 2014, as the above link shows, it looks he lied regarding the sun in his eyes/submerged pier etc BUT i hadn't seen this other contradiction in his testimony. (One in a very long line of course)
Reeva was also killed in february - his so-called non-drinking period.....I'm not saying drink HAD to be involved on 14th Feb but that his testimony cannot be relied on.
Of course it's good on WS that some people are keeping the faith with Oscar - we all need Devil's Advocates - but there are so many contradictions from his own mouth it would take me a long time to add them all up.

? I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that because you don't believe OP in general you are guessing that he might have had something to drink in a month in which he allegedly said he typically didn't drink? If that's what you are saying....how is this relevant?

? I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that because you don't believe OP in general you are guessing that he might have had something to drink in a month in which he allegedly said he typically didn't drink? If that's what you are saying....how is this relevant?

It's a LIE!! . . . I guess. As we all know, no one ever does anything inconsistent with what they say they normally do. Not ever. And if they do, any statements about their typical behavior are LIES!!

Reeva made absolutely no sounds after, 'can't you sleep baba?'

Fact or fiction? You decide.

Reeva made absolutely no sounds after, 'can't you sleep baba?'

Fact or fiction? You decide.

It would be helpful if posts were way more direct about getting back on topic. Or maybe a mod alert. :seeya:

eta: For example "this is the "sounds" thread. Not a thread to discuss the boating incident or Oscar's general credibility."
jmo

Hi Mrs4B....welcome!

Hope you take the advice of WS's who have been here for years who say....in any trial you need to watch and read ORIGINAL testimony and documents to decide for yourself what you believe to be true. As others have posted, opinions can easily be confused for facts here which can get very confusing.

If links to actual evidence aren't provided in a post you should look up the evidence yourself for yourself. Most trial threads have easy to follow links to relevant info...just look on page one of the thread!

Welcome again!

Thanks . . . I'm trying to use time before trial restarts 6/30 to view testimony that I previously missed (and had to rely on journalist blogs).

You're so right about all the links and documents that are organized and available on these threads. They've been a great resource.

Staying on topic... Sounds are subjective especially when only one witness available.. Does a sound in the early hours give you the right to fire zombie stopping bullets through a closed toilet door without warning and without checking your partner is not in that close environment of a small toilet... That is also ignoring Frank the house keeper as the whole trial had done

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back