Spoke with KOIN News 6 and they said that Kyron's Body Has Not Been Found

I sometimes wonder what some of the true news people of the past would think if they were alive to see what is going on with the "news." IIRC, they had to get 3 sources before it could be put on TV or radio. Then again, it was a much slower moving world without cable or internet.

I sometimes wonder what some of the true news people of the past would think if they were alive to see what is going on with the "news." IIRC, they had to get 3 sources before it could be put on TV or radio. Then again, it was a much slower moving world without cable or internet.

Yes - the 24 hour news industry is a different world from those times. The ever-hungry information craving makes everything a bit shoddier, it seems - only, before, it was an increase in typos. Now this. Somebody better reign something in.

Hi again. First, thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am still trying to get the hang of things here. I found an interesting link, and am unsure if anyone has posted it or if it is ok to post. It is the Snohomish County (Washington) Daily Booking register. Can I post this link? Or, has it already been posted here for discussion?

Just wanted to double check. Could be nothing at all.

Thank you in advance!

We should be used to poor reporting by now, we see it on every case and this one has had it from the start. I would hope LE knows enough to warn the family to avoid all news sites for now.
Innocent family members have enough to contend with as it is, but if they are not getting info from LE either, I could see them trying to find out anything at all from the internet...

Teenie, check the rumor thread. Kimster is on top of it.

Hi again. First, thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am still trying to get the hang of things here. I found an interesting link, and am unsure if anyone has posted it or if it is ok to post. It is the Snohomish County (Washington) Daily Booking register. Can I post this link? Or, has it already been posted here for discussion?

Just wanted to double check. Could be nothing at all.

Thank you in advance!
teenie we are trying to confirm the relationship. thanks for your caution.

You know, this was bound to happen, an explosion of rumors, with so little (or no) true info being released. People can't stand not knowing what is going on in a case like this, right or wrong.

I also think that in the new age of technology, the scoop beats the headlines often. It only takes 1 person willing to spill the beans, and then 3, and then 6, etc. It possible this jumped the gun a bit, as it was clear by MCSO that they only place to hear the next news would be that red alert area. Now, if it was false, I'm ashamed that the Portland news station would be so inconsiderate.

If CNN publishes it then it's 99.99% true. That's usually my 'go-to' source of real news vs. wild rumor.

I thought that way too until recently - check the Joran Van Der Sloot (re: Dave Holloway/Steph Watts blog) thread for a bit of a kerfluffle regarding CNN's accuracy ...

I feel so bad for all the families of missing children ... coping is difficult enough without the added stress of incidents like this.

Oh... I've missed a lot. And I'm in WA, and I wanna know.:furious:

I don't take CNN as good for news either...
I have to go by NBC/ABC or CBS pretty much. CNN has messed up and is affialited with HLN which is notoriously inaccurate...

I don't recall CNN ever posting a story that someone was deceased when they weren't or that a missing person was found when they weren't. So by the time that CNN reports that a person is deceased it's been out 'n about on other sites but they waited for confirmation. At least they did in the past.

I used to believe most of what I heard on TV as far as news -- then I found WS. Unfortunately, there are many people who think the same as I did.

I don't recall CNN ever posting a story that someone was deceased when they weren't or that a missing person was found when they weren't. So by the time that CNN reports that a person is deceased it's been out 'n about on other sites but they waited for confirmation. At least they did in the past.

would you agree that stating in print that they spoke to someone if they did not and publishing something that he supposedly said when he didn't speak to them at all is unnacceptable?

hypothetically speaking, since I don't want to get into specifics and definitely don't want to go on a search for links :D

Agreed. Not sure if you were implying this or not, but just want to point out I was not one of those people sending the nasty-grams. I have more class than that.

No, not at all! I included your quote because it contained JBean's, which I was directly addressing, and because it was an example of both not sharing a view and conceding a change of heart—WITH THE UTMOST CLASS. I apologize if I caused you even a moment of discomfort. It did not occur to me that my post might be perceived this way, and I am grateful to you for the opportunity to clarify it.

“There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.” <--- copied and pasted from an earlier post (can't guarantee those are LE's actual words).

Technically, this sentence has two parts (Kyron's been found) and (someone's been arrested). Therefore, if ONE portion isn't true, LE wouldn't be lying to say "it's not true".

Just thinking out loud...

This was my thought exactly.

If they had said "Neither one of those things are true." Or broken them up and said twice... "that is not true" and "that is not true either"... that would be different.

But technically if they have a body that is not identified, saying "No that has not happened" wouldn't be a lie...even if there HAD been an arrest. The portion not true could simply be that they don't have a confirmed ID on a body, so they technically have not found the body.

It would be odd though... I am trying to remember a case that was still this new... where the body being found wasn't released until there was an ID. :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thecheese
Back