State v Bradley Cooper 03-30-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I would expect to be tailed if my wife were missing. Everyone knows the spouse is the default first suspect. And damn it, if you have nothing to hide, why be pissed?! Nothing to worry about... Unless you did it.

BC never, ever acted like any human being I've ever heard of whose wife was missing and then found murdered. Not a human who was concerned or cared in any way. Just 'irritated.'

I just don't get how anyone can justify how he acted in any way, shape or form.

Engineers chalk it up to being an engineer. Go figure. I say, great. If you argue he has no emotions, that makes it even more plausible that he could choke the life out the mother of his children and continue on with his life minus the over-spending, over-drinking, critical baggage with the wild attorney who wanted HOW much in alimony and child support and medical insurance. Yep, I see no emotions and the non-caring he showed following that morning "jog" just prove that staring down into the face of a woman gasping for air and clawing to get free was just another day for Bradley.

Do we know when the FBI agent will take the stand?

I'm not sure but I'm sort of dreading it because I think the camera in the court will be off again for the FBI agents so we will again have to rely on the lousy twitter posts from WRAL. I'm hoping they do a better job than they did with the other undercover officer. We still haven't heard from Det. Daniels who is the lead detective on the case so I'm guessing he's next.

On the conversation about him returning the officers call:

I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. IMO, I can see not answering the 1st call due to a number of reasons but after he listened to the vm, he should of called back. That being said, I've seen a lot of people post what he should have done based on what they would do in the same situation. I think we're all forgetting what the state of the marriage was at that point in time. They were an estranged couple, had been so for some time. They were barely functioning as husband and wife. If you believe her friends she wasn't even sleeping with the guy. Unless you yourself have been in that exact situation, I don't see how you can determine what his level of concern should have been when he was out looking for her. I get the sense that neither of them was that emotionally invested in each other. I've been divorced before and I really can't say what my level of concern would had been if I was in the same situation. I'd probably want to look for her, but I don't know how much worry I'd have. At that point, she probably was doing her own thing, going where she wanted and not necessarily letting me know where she was going. So if she's gone for an extended period of time, perhaps I'm not as concerned because again, it's not like I'm being kept up to date on her comings and goings.

I'm just looking at it from a objectional point of view.

I'm not going to make excuses for the guy. IMO, I can see not answering the 1st call due to a number of reasons but after he listened to the vm, he should of called back. That being said, I've seen a lot of people post what he should have done based on what they would do in the same situation. I think we're all forgetting what the state of the marriage was at that point in time. They were an estranged couple, had been so for some time. They were barely functioning as husband and wife. If you believe her friends she wasn't even sleeping with the guy. Unless you yourself have been in that exact situation, I don't see how you can determine what his level of concern should have been when he was out looking for her. I get the sense that neither of them was that emotionally invested in each other. I've been divorced before and I really can't say what my level of concern would had been if I was in the same situation. I'd probably want to look for her, but I don't know how much worry I'd have. At that point, she probably was doing her own thing, going where she wanted and not necessarily letting me know where she was going. So if she's gone for an extended period of time, perhaps I'm not as concerned because again, it's not like I'm being kept up to date on her comings and goings.

But, objectionally (word even?) wouldn't you care enough if for no other reason than you have two small girls who are with their mother every single day? If you truly had nothing to do with her being missing and heck, you don't love her - okay, that's a given - you might even dislike her a whole damn lot, but you still had these two little girls, you honestly wouldn't give a flip even for them? I just think there has got to be more human compassion from someone who truly, honestly didn't do a thing to that woman. You're sharing a house with her for the sake of two little kids. But you don't care if she doesn't come home from a morning jog and her friends are getting antsy - wouldn't you think one or both girls said something about when is mommy coming back, where is mommy, i want mommy. You think not? I guess differing opinions on the human race and emotions and feelings is what makes the world go round. I hate the fact that anybody is murdered - but it sure gives you a birds eye view of how the world thinks and feels and drives it home to you just how different we all are.

I'm not picking an argument with you !! Please don't misunderstand. I'm just thinking out loud and I've tried to look at the circumstances in an objectional view point and I just can't get past those two little girls. You would think he'd be worried enough just to spare them any heartache.

Why be pissed? They're wasting their time following me!!!!!! Go get the real guy!!!!! We've already discussed ad nauseum about their relationship, feelings towards each other. And, like I keep saying, all the testimony so far has been dealing with the timeline BEFORE NC was found and was known to be murdered, except that this brilliant guy told the cops what he dressed Nancy in after he choked her, when they found the body. You guys paint him as clever, deceitful, very throrough in his coverup, but then he gets dumb as dirt and decribes what she's wearing, so obviously he killed her?? Ever think that he's said he saw her that morning, so he saw what she had on. Maybe she hadn't picked out a shirt to wear yet when he last saw her.

Oh well, pointless. You see it one way, and refuse to acknowledge their might be another.

How does he remember the bra but not the dress? He was barely around Nancy at the party. His focus was to babysit. I'm colorblind. Black is blue. Green, brown, tan, grey - they're all the same color. Sports bra? Well, he had an extra 3 days to play all the tapes in his head and he remember that one detail.

I just had a thought about the sport bra. he had been doing laundry, could that not be how he knew which bra was missing? We don't really know what questions were being asked when he mentioned it as just his responses were being recorded right?

While I agree that there is no way to understand one's state of mind and saying what one would/should do in a situation is not necessarily reality. However, I do believe that BC was out looking for NC and has previously expressed concern to JA and thus his adventures to locate her that afternoon. I believe he is therefore proclaiming his state of mind to be that of concern for NC.

I agree that if you were out looking for someone, if it was your wife or just anyone you happened to be out looking for because they were not somewhere they should have been, or had been gone for a while you would answer ANY call that rang. If you pick up a voice mail from LE, you are going to return that call ASAP.

The length of time someone has to be missing can be a two-edged sword. I recall a case from Cary from a long while back (probably 20 years or more) where a woman went to the Cary Village Mall (now Cary Town Center). Her husband called because she had not returned in 30 minutes. I always thought this was a suspiciously short period of time to be worried about someone who had gone to the mall. Maybe if they had not returned in 30 days I might have gotten suspicious :innocent:.

They worked that Missing Persons case for quite a while, and were looking pretty hard. Even interviewed someone I know because he worked at the same place and was from the same town, although there was a lot of separation in their ages and he did not know her at all. I never heard the outcome of that case, but suspected that she must have left on her own, but abduction is possible. AFIK they have never located her.

So, 30 minutes of missing is likely so short as to be suspicious.

How long is too long? How much is Just Right? Depends on the person and their history. If she was "gone for a run" I would think this was 2 hours or less.

I think the whole issue for me having Brad ignore the call by LE was that He had already been called by JA at 9AM who was concerned about Nancy not arriving at her house..So He knew 5 hours previous that Nancy was NOT where she was suppose to be back then....So for me..it appears his not returning the call to LE indicates "Consciousness of Guilt"..and he hadnt finished his coverups yet..Had those kids intow..Yikes..Didnt have time to deal with those bothersome Police!! :banghead:

Brilliant! That's the first thing I thought when I saw that photo...sleeping in the crack, yeah, right..

So when JA testified that NC at 5'10" often slept with the girls that was totally believable but when BC does it, complete lie?

But, objectionally (word even?) wouldn't you care enough if for no other reason than you have two small girls who are with their mother every single day? If you truly had nothing to do with her being missing and heck, you don't love her - okay, that's a given - you might even dislike her a whole damn lot, but you still had these two little girls, you honestly wouldn't give a flip even for them? I just think there has got to be more human compassion from someone who truly, honestly didn't do a thing to that woman. You're sharing a house with her for the sake of two little kids. But you don't care if she doesn't come home from a morning jog and her friends are getting antsy - wouldn't you think one or both girls said something about when is mommy coming back, where is mommy, i want mommy. You think not? I guess differing opinions on the human race and emotions and feelings is what makes the world go round. I hate the fact that anybody is murdered - but it sure gives you a birds eye view of how the world thinks and feels and drives it home to you just how different we all are.

I'm not picking an argument with you !! Please don't misunderstand. I'm just thinking out loud and I've tried to look at the circumstances in an objectional view point and I just can't get past those two little girls. You would think he'd be worried enough just to spare them any heartache.

I don't disagree with you. At the very least he should of returned the call after listening to the vm. But outside of what she told her friends, we really don't know how they were operating inside that house. Did she always tell him what she was doing, where she was going? Was there situations in the past where she was out of the house and he was with the kids and he didn't know where she was? I don't see that out of the realm of possibility considering the state of their living arrangement for the past 6 months. I've heard some say that they think it was probably a relief for her when she wasn't around him but how do we know it wasn't the same for him?

Divorce (and all the circumstances that surround it) is a very trying time emotional (take it from someone who knows) and some times you tune out the other person, disregard the other person, etc. Again, I'm not saying this is how it was in that household.

He may have listened to the voicemail a few times thinking wtf? "Hello Mr. Cooper this is CPD, I am at your house with JA would like to talk to you about the disappearance of your wife" That wouldn't give anybody pause?

He may have listened to the voicemail a few times thinking wtf? "Hello Mr. Cooper this is CPD, I am at your house with JA would like to talk to you about the disappearance of your wife" That wouldn't give anybody pause?

I agree, I can't explain why he wouldn't of called after listening to the vm. Was it testified to what the exact content of the vm was?

I am because Det Young stated that he had been told the FBI had found evidence to indicate Brad killed Nancy.

I could be wrong, but I believe this evidence is related to things that were found on BC's computer....notes between him and his attorneys that are supposed to be subject to attorney/client privileges, since they were written after he had hired an attorney. Last week the judge would not allow it to be entered into evidence at this time. That's my take on that evidence.

Speaking to the Cooper's Household during that time period April thru to July..It had to have been very stressful and tense for both parties..and the innocents girls in the middle of all that....

Do you really think Nancy would take precaution of locking her papers, computer and other things in her car not trusting Brad..yet would take off running, not return and leave those kids alone with Brad such an extended period of time?...

I also think she slept with those girls to comfort them, and to assure herself he would NOT take them and run off with them..creating yet more problems legally...

Then there's Brad, doing that laundry and could have then known just what bra she was wearing??..I just dont buy that one..Do you really think Brad knew exactly her wardrobe inventory?..Yikes. I dont even know my own inventory...How would I have known one of my sons underwear was missing unless it was the only one he had??..No..Me think laundry tasking by Brad had a far mor dark motivation..Would know specifically..there had to have been a reason tho..

Just a few thoughts before court gets underway this morning..:seeya:

Plus, I'm sure the cop left on the message that JA had already contacted them and he knew there was going to be a circus at his house by now (which there was).

So if your wife didn't come home from a run and you've been checking with friends or friends have been checking with you - and you KNOW she doesn't have her own cell phone, you're out traipsing around with two kids in tow and you get an unknown call - the first thing you don't think of is it may be a hospital, it may be Nancy calling from a cell phone of a passer by who stopped to help her with an injury - or God forbid, she passed out somewhere after having alcohol and only 4 hours of sleep and no food before going out to run. You wouldn't answer the phone? Really? That's incredulous to me. And then to retrieve the message from a police officer and NOT return the call. And people wonder why the police focused on Bradley. Not to mention he goes back home, walks in his house - not calling her name because she might just have shown back up, not looking upstairs if she had come home... no, he just sits politely at the table and hangs his guilty head. I'm open minded - but there's a certain point where if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck - it's a duck, man. :banghead:

Yep, you make a great point about his going into his home & not yelling for her. He may not be frantic, but concerned, even if he did hate her by then -- "she needs to be here & take care of these kids -- I've got things to do today," kinda thing (if he didn't do it), but seems like he'd just do it -- thinking innocently that she'll come back.

One more little detail -- you mentioned above -- is BIG to me.

He knew...he knew...

which bed?

She said "Nancy often slept with the girls" versus "Nancy often had the girls sleep with her" which leads me to believe she slept in the girl's room.

Do we know the actual setup of the beds in that room?

Yep, you make a great point about his going into his home & not yelling for her. He may not be frantic, but concerned, even if he did hate her by then -- "she needs to be here & take care of these kids -- I've got things to do today," kinda thing (if he didn't do it), but seems like he'd just do it -- thinking innocently that she'll come back.

One more little detail -- you mentioned above -- is BIG to me.

He knew...he knew...

Unless he inferred from the activity outside that if she had come home she would already be outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann