State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Cooper had written documents in her car concerning Brad's actions, can hardly wait for that evidence
Has anyone testified about the hairs found in the trunk and on the front tire of the car?

What am I missing? Why can't she share on this board? Not being sarcastic, seriously, but I thought this board was for the discussion of ALL things. Good, bad, or ugly.

Again, please, no sarcasm offered, I am new to the board. Is it more of a pro-Nancy support/trial board.

TIA

This is just a really touchy case. Welcome to the board!
:rollercoaster:

We tend to agitate each other (even getting put in Time Out (and occasionally banned) because it's a diverse group with a lot of opinions and different life experiences.

I think domestic violence riles them up more than usual. But, just stick your finger in the cage and take your chances.

(Ironically, if there were no differences of opinion, these threads would be like three posts each, instead of four and five hundred) and you could zip through two years of coverage in 2.5 seconds.

Nancy Cooper had written documents in her car concerning Brad's actions, can hardly wait for that evidence
Has anyone testified about the hairs found in the trunk and on the front tire of the car?

Yes. The "hair" in the trunk wasn't hair.

Goodness..I sense some baiting going on..Iggy is my friend :)..

Im off to eat and hit the hay..Catch ya all in the morning..
Salut:seeya:

Who wants the run-down on court today? Other than having to share an elevator with the obnoxious Mr. Duncan and two ADAs at the same time (It seems CD is always "ON" which puts me "OFF")

BTW, PF Chang's anyone?

FYI: Jurors paid more attention to BC than KL (probably because of how hard it was to listen to the testimony) and I think the bug guy had a bigger splash for the defense than the prosec.

HP and CC were there (I think) today for support for KL.

KL was awesome on the stand, but again...nothing.

The cop, poor cop, was very hard to watch. You'd thought someone had taken his puppy.

Who wants the run-down on court today? Other than having to share an elevator with the obnoxious Mr. Duncan and two ADAs at the same time (It seems CD is always "ON" which puts me "OFF")

BTW, PF Chang's anyone?

You were there again?? (You lucky dog!) I want to hear!!

BTW, PF Chang's anyone?

What's your read on the jurors? Also, how did Brad act when Krista was on the stand? General mood of the courtroom.....

Goodness..I sense some baiting going on..Iggy is my friend :)..

Im off to eat and hit the hay..Catch ya all in the morning..
Salut:seeya:

Well suppose it's like the old saying....when the going gets tough.............

BTW, PF Chang's anyone?

I want the rundown! I want the rundown! I want it ALL, from the elevator on through!

I also have a question. Does Brad ever acknowledge anyone in in the courtroom, beside his legal team, his legal pad and his giant ego?

Don't tease about PF Chang's. We don't have such things in my tiny NC county. Now get to typing!

Well suppose it's like the old saying....when the going gets tough.............

I can only speak for myself. I like to be challenged and even "called out" if I'm not applying all the rules of logic. I'm not on the jury and I don't have a personal stake in this case. I do have an extreme interest but want the true outcome. I wouldn't want an innocent man in jail and I certainly don't want a guilty man to walk. Stick around and put on your 'thick skin'. :)

I'm so tired of all the talk of Nancy and her spending.....it frankly makes me sick as if the defense is saying she was a spoiled diva! I don't even care if she did spend a lot of money....does that makes if understandable for Brad to kill her then???? He cut her off of their accounts and dished out money to her.....in a foreign country....when she could not get a job...but people want to slam her cuz she wanted a manicure!!!!! Women should be furious for Nancy as a woman being treated like this.... It is just BS to me, they both spent money! And the only money that has anything to do with Nancy's murder is the alimony and child support Brad was going to have to pay. All the other money talk is only to degrade the victim JMO

EXACTLY! If my husband made me try on clothes, and then tell the salesperson 'my husband will return later to critique my purchases and then decide if I'm able to have this new bathing suit or not', I'd be both humiliated and furious. Treating his wife like a bratty teenager. no respect what so ever. How was he even able to simply take her name off a joint checking account?

BBM:
I do not have to see Brad murder Nancy to believe he did it. Nine times out of ten a person will be found guilty with this much circumstantial evidence pointing at him/her.

What is this about a common bond with Nancy? I do not understand your statement. I just have this 'thing' about wanting justice for victims. My late husband was the night commander of a large police department and I was a deputy for 10 years. I have seen people like Brad Cooper. I have also followed murder cases for 20 years. I can see something in Brad Cooper that is very cold and calculating. I can even see the cruelty there. Why would there be this much circumstantial evidence against an innocent man???? We have not even seen all of the evidence yet. The FBI computer and phone forensic people have not testified yet. Maybe they will give you your AHA! moment.

**Going into lurking mode now!

and you see nothing wrong with the erased blackberry...and the supposed straw that was never collected, or even mentioned for over a year and a half ?

What am I missing? Why can't she share on this board? Not being sarcastic, seriously, but I thought this board was for the discussion of ALL things. Good, bad, or ugly.

Again, please, no sarcasm offered, I am new to the board. Is it more of a pro-Nancy support/trial board.

TIA

No, I think that Websleuths discourages the attack of someone who has not been named a suspect, is a witness or victim in the case. If there were evidence that JA committed some crime or was a person of interest, the police would have investigated her or named her as such. I don't think persons who have not been shown to have done anything criminal are to be a target. But I will stand corrected if I am wrong about what I understand Websleuths to allow or not allow.

BTW, PF Chang's anyone?

FYI: Jurors paid more attention to BC than KL (probably because of how hard it was to listen to the testimony) and I think the bug guy had a bigger splash for the defense than the prosec.

HP and CC were there (I think) today for support for KL.

KL was awesome on the stand, but again...nothing.

The cop, poor cop, was very hard to watch. You'd thought someone had taken his puppy.

Ya think the jurors were looking from some reaction from him when KL was on the stand? It's like Nancy was there. Bless her.

I don't remember anything about hair on the front tire, but testimony showed that:
1. The vegetation in the wheel well was grass.
2. The "hair" in the trunk was a fiber. A trunk fiber.

I can only speak for myself. I like to be challenged and even "called out" if I'm not applying all the rules of logic. I'm not on the jury and I don't have a personal stake in this case. I do have an extreme interest but want the true outcome. I wouldn't want an innocent man in jail and I certainly don't want a guilty man to walk. Stick around and put on your 'thick skin'. :)

Just the fact that two of her friends phoned the Police to report Nancy missing ...speaks volumes ..Brad did not call the Police ever!

Court today: (Having to attend 800 pieces of a custody case finally has an end in site and most of what I did today was sit in on the third floor)

Brad Cooper did make eye contact (at or with or in the general direction of KL) and I hear that WRAL reported otherwise. I think it was unwelcome eye contact. The jury soaked her up. She looked and sounded compelling. Definitely NOT a smoking gun, but an appropriate puzzle piece (Sorry, got to give something to both sides) The direct continues tomorrow. I don't think cross will be either long or disrespectful because honestly it doesn't need to be. (Legally speaking, she simply seemed like the sister of the victim and did not add many new opinions) It did get me to thinking one thing: Why didn't he deny the murder or proclaim innocence, etc? It seems like he would have "needed" her family too (thinking of the girls)

The cop and the straw made a tough sell for the prosec. (Mainly eyebrows jumped around because of the whole 20 month thing, the not telling detectives IMMEDIATELY after having recognized that the straw could be similar. There was a lot of chit chat while he was talking at the tables and I think pretty much everyone checked out with him.) They should have left him out all together.

The bug guy didn't "lose credibility" but it got read as flat out admitting that the science allowed for a much larger window. This was definitely when everyone in the courtroom was scribbling furiously (jurors, audience, etc) He was a mediocre witness, and honestly, it didn't really help that the "mica" testimony got blown open the same way. HOWEVER, I get the impression that these are the things folks are looking for because they are more "direct-circumstantial" evidence. I know that sounds odd, but the truth is they do reasonably tie him to the scene and a time-line and I don't think you can "un-ring that bell" with cross.

Not much going on. They ended early. I have another two days next week. Hoping to get some "defense time" in later as well.

The court room has an eerie somber tone when pictures pop up, but it generally is just a court room atmosphere, quiet and mostly respectful of the process.

FYI: Mr. L sat through ALL of it. I have a little girl and my heart broke for him.

I want the rundown! I want the rundown! I want it ALL, from the elevator on through!

I also have a question. Does Brad ever acknowledge anyone in in the courtroom, beside his legal team, his legal pad and his giant ego?

Don't tease about PF Chang's. We don't have such things in my tiny NC county. Now get to typing!

I was in the elevator with CD from the lobby up to the ADA floor (I can't remember the number, but it's higher up and did not realize the young male ada (Is his name really BOZ?) and the young lady were standing beside me. Those elevators are PACKED early each day. CD has a much more pronounced accent when standing 2 feet away in an elevator and was cracking wise the whole agonizing trip. (Stops at every floor from the deck to the ADA floor, where he got off, which was weird because it was several floors above the trial court room).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelenFlower1