State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to get off-line yesterday after the testimony stopped and haven't had a chance to read most of the posts since yesterday. I did have some thoughts on yesterday's testimony, but I ran out of time.

FWIW, about the bugs and insects. I believe some are getting confused over the last questions the def and then pros asked this expert witness. I pray the pros makes it VERY CLEAR with the jury on their closing.

The insect expert stated that it was POSSIBLE that NC's body had been placed at it's final destination as early as 1 a.m., June 12th, based on the LARGEST of the insects found. Leaving room for error or variables, it was also POSSIBLE her body was placed at it's location as LATE AS 6 a.m., June 12th.

When the def asked the expert witness on cross, IF it was possible some of the larvae were layed as LATE AS 11 a.m., the witness said 'yes.'

Well of course it was possible some were layed at 11 a.m., and all the way until her body was discovered.

The point is, there were larvae in various stages of maturity, with the LARGEST, IE. OLDEST, being the FIRST lavae layed, sometime between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., June 12th, which means the body was placed there some time between 1 - 6, BEFORE she was alleged to have gone running and making it impossible for NC to have made that phone call.

IMHO, the def question was to confuse, and it looks like it did.

JMHO
fran

PS....about the phone call, etc......I'm no expert, but I did a little reading and especially about the cell phone BC used. Although it is now improved since BC was using one, I found info that referenced using that phone to call remotely. Albeit it was for dialing a computer or some such thing, but recall BC called his cell phone just before he left? and then WHILE he was on his last trip to the store he called his phone as well?(he said it was voicemail)...

Well, in order to call remotely, I believe one must phone their cell phone and then to change it off remote dial, one must, I BELIEVE, also use their cell phone to disconnect, (thus the second phone call).......I could be wrong, time will tell..............fran

He said little red lines or marks.

This is pretty hard to tell. The autopsy report refers to linear lines, and they are faint and degraded by insect activity. This makes it hard to understand if the lines exist, or are largely created by the insects (pardon me) tunneling in the area.

It was flatly denied by the ME that there were ligature lines, which are usually pretty vivid and deep.

I have a theory about this, but I could be very wrong. I have seen pictures of some "decorative sticks" that are small, really more like twigs, and I have seen some that are thicker, say around the thickness of a finger. I am not sure what type of wood they are, but I think I heard a reference to bamboo (perhaps rattan?). These are fairly strong for their respective size and weight, especially rattan. I wonder if this was not used as a weapon, by holding it straight down against her throat and pressing on the ends downward. Pure conjecture on my part, but I have been curious about why to get rid of the sticks.

I had to get off-line yesterday after the testimony stopped and haven't had a chance to read most of the posts since yesterday. I did have some thoughts on yesterday's testimony, but I ran out of time.

FWIW, about the bugs and insects. I believe some are getting confused over the last questions the def and then pros asked this expert witness. I pray the pros makes it VERY CLEAR with the jury on their closing.

The insect expert stated that it was POSSIBLE that NC's body had been placed at it's final destination as early as 1 a.m., June 12th, based on the LARGEST of the insects found. Leaving room for error or variables, it was also POSSIBLE her body was placed at it's location as LATE AS 6 a.m., June 12th.

When the def asked the expert witness on cross, IF it was possible some of the larvae were layed as LATE AS 11 a.m., the witness said 'yes.'

Well of course it was possible some were layed at 11 a.m., and all the way until her body was discovered.

The point is, there were larvae in various stages of maturity, with the LARGEST, IE. OLDEST, being the FIRST lavae layed, sometime between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., June 12th, which means the body was placed there some time between 1 - 6, BEFORE she was alleged to have gone running and making it impossible for NC to have made that phone call.

JMHO
fran

PS....about the phone call, etc......I'm no expert, but I did a little reading and especially about the cell phone BC used. Although it is now improved since BC was using one, I found info that referenced using that phone to call remotely. Albeit it was for dialing a computer or some such thing, but recall BC called his cell phone just before he left? and then WHILE he was on his last trip to the store he called his phone as well?(he said it was voicemail)...

Well, in order to call remotely, I believe one must phone their cell phone and then to change it off remote dial, one must, I BELIEVE, also use their cell phone to disconnect, (thus the second phone call).......I could be wrong, time will tell..............fran

Fran,

Really good point on the maturity of the larvae. I thought the same thing, but being no expert on this area I did a little reading last night and the maturity cycle until the adult emerges is 5.56 days. So, we know she was not missing that long, there were no pupae cases to look for. The stage 3 larvae were the oldest, and they were probably in their early stages of stage 3. No doubt, there were also eggs and stage 1 larve present as well. This was a very sound testimony, and what I have been looking for. If you listened very carefully to the ME testimony, the TOD was plus or minus 12 hours, for a total of a 24 hour span. During a portion of this time NC was known to have been at a party... which narrowed it down a bit more than that span to me!

JMHO
fran

The bug expert said in cross examination that he did not have confidence in his times. Honestly, that was the only question the defense needed to ask.

I've considered same. Glad you posted :) How far away does HM live? Could BC have picked her up along the way and dropped her at the house to make the call/watch the girls. She and Scott would be accomplices, right?

I am not sure where HM lived (thought Lochmere). If they knew or helped, yep accomplices.

The bug expert said in cross examination that he did not have confidence in his times. Honestly, that was the only question the defense needed to ask.

I believe the 'not have confidence in his times,' was meant for the 11 a.m. time on July 11th, vs 1 a.m. That was because they KNEW NC was alive until at least 12: midnight, ie 7/11 or 7/12.....

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members