State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of her personality and/or behaviors, no one had the right to take her life, and throw her out in the dirt near naked. The very fact that she was naked but not sexually assaulted speaks to me that the person who took her life, also wanted to humiliate her by having her exposed, and that is personal, intimately personal.
jmo, though.

We don't know that she wasn't sexually assaulted. All we know is that there wasn't any semen present.

The significance of the ROLLED UNDER sports bra is this:

when a sports bra is on and someone goes to take it off, it rolls up as it moves up.

and...the opposite occurs when putting one on. The bottom of the bra rolls UNDER when a sports bra is being put on. They are very tight and challenging to put on. It takes time to get one on and it ain't easy.

Nancy's sports bra was ROLLED UNDER---that indicates it was being put on her, and then the perp stopped, likely because they were having trouble getting it on properly. And no, it makes no sense that some random killer got the thing off of her and then decided to try and dress her in it again. IMHO.

No but some random perp could have tried to get it off after getting all else off and she was trying to pull it back on. That could easily account for the condition it was in, which makes more sense than her husband just putting a bra on her and that's it.

BBM

OMG! What if that was part of the google searches?? Just now thought about that. That would be too obvious.

I have never thought, and still don't think the sports bra was used to drag the body. I think the body was lifted and carried. I also think I have scientific evidence to point to this.

Autopsy report shows no indications of any abrasions. Zero, Zip, Nada. I don't care if you are dragging a body over hardwood floors or asphalt, you are going to leave an abrasion or friction burn if you are using a sports bra as a handle. Now, I suppose you could put towels under the body and slide it across the hardwoods that way, but you could not do this with the asphalt.

I mentioned previous experience with EMS that I have lifted some very unconsious folks, for all intents they were dead weight, and they are hard to handle. I actually think a little rigor would have helped the process. Limber bodies flex in unexpected ways. They are also quite heavy! Cumbersome and hard to get a good grip on.

I have also seen some posts on here about bodily "materials" voiding upon death. I have not seen any hard and fast rules about that in real life. I have seen natural death and traumatic deaths, and I don't recall ever seeing a voiding in a traumatic death, but I have in natural cases. Just because I did not personally see it in trauma cases does not mean it does not happen, but I did not run across it.

BBM

I've always thought she was lifted and carried, too. She was dumped just a short distance from the side of the road (10 - 15 feet).

I also think one of the reasons he didn't go too far from home was because he was shocked and repulsed at what he did. Out of sight, out of mind...The sooner, the better - and the denial could begin.

IMO

He thought he'd have more time. He commented to police he thought a missing person couldn't be reported until 24 hrs had expired. His plans got interrupted when the police showed up on Sat afternoon.

I don't buy that. BC essentially started the clock himself by calling 1st HP back and then JA. By their own testimonies, they didn't get worried/panicked until he called them back. Before those calls from BC, by their own testimonies, neither was concerned enough to even try NC on her cell.

If he is guilty and trying to make it look like he was looking for NC, I would think that these would be the last 2 people he would call. They had already confirm NC wasn't with them. These were not NC's only friends and they both mentioned that they didn't tell BC that they had plans with NC that day. By calling them back and stating that NC still wasn't home, he was inviting more attention from 2 people who were already asking questions. Even if the police won't be involved at that point, these friends could bring unwanted heat if he still needed time.

If he was trying to by more time and still give the appearance of concern, there are so many other phone calls that could have been made- other friends, hospital ERs, LTF, etc. These calls to others would have been completely plausible later and phone records would have backed him up.

I don't buy that. BC essentially started the clock himself by calling 1st HP back and then JA. By their own testimonies, they didn't get worried/panicked until he called them back. Before those calls from BC, by their own testimonies, neither was concerned enough to even try NC on her cell.

If he is guilty and trying to make it look like he was looking for NC, I would think that these would be the last 2 people he would call. They had already confirm NC wasn't with them. These were not NC's only friends and they both mentioned that they didn't tell BC that they had plans with NC that day. By calling them back and stating that NC still wasn't home, he was inviting more attention from 2 people who were already asking questions. Even if the police won't be involved at that point, these friends could bring unwanted heat if he still needed time.

If he was trying to by more time and still give the appearance of concern, there are so many other phone calls that could have been made- other friends, hospital ERs, LTF, etc. These calls to others would have been completely plausible later and phone records would have backed him up.

Rewatch testimony. JA called NC cell phone and home phone, looking for her friend. JA was concerned when Nancy failed to show. Her concern grew after she called the house and Brad picked up the phone (around 10am).

UNTIL JA and HP called the Cooper home, Brad had no idea when NC might be noticed missing. He thought the 'running with CC' story would be enough for her friends. The real kicker, though, is that Brad had no idea that the police would be called before 24 hrs had elapsed.

Brad claims he's worried, yet doesn't call hospitals, doesn't call police, doesn't want JA to watch the kids, and then goes riding around in his car with the kids for the next 2 hrs. He claimed he went to find CC at the vet office she worked, but he never got out of his car and went into that business (per testimony of CC). He goes to LTF and tells Dismukes NC's membership card was swiped. That was a lie.

Have you considered that Brad doesn't know how to 'give the appearance of concern?' Sure, there's lots of things Brad could have done to look like a worried/concerned spouse. But he wasn't concerned and he clearly didn't know how to convincingly fake it since his behavior was noted by people who knew him and the police who met with him that day.

Pedicures don't cost a fortune, perhaps it was something special she'd promised to do with her eldest daughter. Didn't I hear it was supposed to be the two of them together, going? That would be something my daughter would do with my 4 yr. old granddaughter. The child was having a really hard, difficult, traumatic time as it was. Maybe it was just something mommy told her they'd do together as a special treat?

Yes, absolutely -- On a more practical note, remember she was a runner, and the race was coming up -- I know several runners who do get pedicures simply because their feet, a good shoe, and a good fit in the shoe is very important. One of my friends gets her shoes broken in "just right" and then saves them for The Race, running in a similar shoe while training. (Whatevah, it works for her, even if it may only be psychological -- athletes are very superstitious and compulsive). Anyhoo, that's one angle for the foot treatment along with that specialness that NC can share with her daughter. FWIW.

Was anybody else even remotely intrigued by the bug guy's comments regarding the presence of bugs and that he initially would have thought there to have been head trauma as well as possible sexual assault but that it did not match the ME findings?

Yeah -- I noticed -- apparently the wound (?) was not enough to cause a note during the autopsy, but like you, it did intrigue me. Maybe just her head bumping on hardwood if she went down, or her being thrown from a trunk onto the dump site. Dunno, but something made that area of her head vulnerable to infestation. Bless her. Oh so sad.

No but some random perp could have tried to get it off after getting all else off and she was trying to pull it back on. That could easily account for the condition it was in, which makes more sense than her husband just putting a bra on her and that's it.

If there was this struggle with the bra as you suggest wouldn't you believe that there would be scratches on NC body around the bra area? I would imagine this to be a mighty struggle and surely finger nails would be gouging skin.

Yes, absolutely -- On a more practical note, remember she was a runner, and the race was coming up -- I know several runners who do get pedicures simply because their feet, a good shoe, and a good fit in the shoe is very important. One of my friends gets her shoes broken in "just right" and then saves them for The Race, running in a similar shoe while training. (Whatevah, it works for her, even if it may only be psychological -- athletes are very superstitious and compulsive). Anyhoo, that's one angle for the foot treatment along with that specialness that NC can share with her daughter. FWIW.

Trust me, pedicures are not a necessity for a runner. A luxury? Yes. Fun and indulging? Yes.

Nobody was arguing last night whether NC deserved a pedicure or should have taken her girls for pedicures. The point was this: If a woman is so despondent, desperate to get out of her living environment (as she told everybody in the world), why would she be so upset she didn't have $75 for 3 pedicures? Pedicures would be the last thing in the world, one would have to assume, if you were desperate to save every penny and leave your controlling husband and despicable life. Sure, she painted and earned every penny and should have been able to have this afternoon treat. But you can't have it both ways - cry for hours that you can't buy groceries, have no money, but then go down the street to the local spa and have a girls day.

People would probably feel much better if NC had instead complained that she couldn't add to a secret stash of 'get away from crazy husband' fund. Then her not getting her allowance, in addition to the extra money she earned painting, would be seen as unfair and controlling.

Either way, she was angry, no one is disputing that. She wanted out of that marriage and that too is not in dispute. She was miserable and it was an increasingly tense and unhappy environment, and no one is disputing that either. And that Fri 7/11 was the most contentious day, as NC's rage grew into the evening, and that too is not in dispute.

It's clear that Nancy did not understand her life was in danger. She never realized what awaited her inside her home as she walked across the street from DD's house. Donna Lopez felt it in her gut and commented to her husband that something bad was going to happen in that house. But Nancy didn't feel it and didn't know. And at the point she figured it out, it was already too late (IMHO).

About the Brad supporters.....I took a short nap about an hour ago. I was dreaming that one of the Brad supporters (who is--til otherwise evidence is submitted) was yelling at me about the diamond necklace. We were good friends, she/he just couldn't understand my thought processes about Brad :) Won't mention who it was, woke with a chuckle when I realized it was a dream.

Bless your heart -- we are invested in this thing, aren't we?
icon7.gif

So if it was use to drag her, that would mean he got it all the way on. And if he got that all the way on, why not the rest of her clothes? It seems the sports bra would be the hardest part.

I think he deliberately wanted to make it look like a sexual assault case. I think he was just not street smart or common sense smart enough to have put her socks and shoes on her. And of course, this is just PURE speculation on my part, but I believe he intended to take the diamond earrings also, just got caught up in the madness of all there was to do and totally forgot.

If there was this struggle with the bra as you suggest wouldn't you believe that there would be scratches on NC body around the bra area? I would imagine this to be a mighty struggle and surely finger nails would be gouging skin.

And with the amount of decomposition the ME couldn't tell if there were any bruising or scratches or gouged skin.

If he did it, why only dress her in a sports bra? Why roll the sports bra under? Why dump her body so close to her house? Why not take the time to dump the body away from everyday traffic and people?

I'm serious...I question the same thing about why Brad would do these things.

Time....

He risked life in prison just by murdering her.

I can't imagine he thought of every single way to cover himself... Especially if this wasn't pre-planned.

Plus, he thought he had more time. Poor guy didn't even get a nap before people who really cared about her were questioning her whereabouts.

So true. I mean, this was his first murder. Not like he had lots of practice. Even serial killers make mistakes. Not only the necklace, but I think he fully intended on taking those earrings also, but just got caught up in all he had to do and just forgot it. I bet after he got home and was thinking about it he was kicking himself for letting those diamond earrings go. Brad Cooper wasn't about to let money go down the drain. A man who didn't want to buy chips for kids at his daughter's birthday party surely wasn't going to squander that $3,000 necklace.

Along the same lines, with manual strangulation, there are commonly scratch marks on the neck and under the skin from the victim fighting her assailant.

In a drawer, in his house, with other pieces of jewelry, in a home that he knew would be searched head to toe?? I've said it before, some of you paint this "brilliant' phone spoofing engineer, Mr. Clean scrubber, cover all my bases (so far) crime scene sanitizer, think of pretty much everything I need to do, in the middle of the night, no less, as dumber than dirt when he has three more days to think about things. I guess he's only smart when when he has no time to think.

Money makes ya do stupid things. People have done dumber things for money. That necklace cost him over $2,500.

And I presume he's not a seasoned murderer. Doesn't have a couple practices under his belt. So yes, I think he might have thought some things out brilliantly and then just didn't use good old common sense on others. Personally I think he's probably an intelligent fellow with an MBA who knows phones inside and out and yet probably not smart enough to get in out of the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat