State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely inappropriate for Mr. Ward to post while the trial is on-going. Mr. Ward could be called back to court and even if that isn't likely it is a possibility he could be subject to recall.

Hopefully someone here can forward this information to the prosecution, the defense and the judge. His behavior confirms he is NOT an expert at anything other than self-promotion. Disgusting!

Let the court figure out if it was indeed Mr. Ward or perhaps someone impersonating him either way this needs to be resolved.

Give them a call it would add some excitement to the case and maybe you'd even get a court room shout out. Claiming post on here is self-promotion doesn't make much sense. Anybody here who would hire JW already understood his credentials and the rest certainly aren't going to say oh look he posts on WS maybe I should hire him if I need to secure my network.

Give them a call it would add some excitement to the case and maybe you'd even get a court room shout out. Claiming post on here is self-promotion doesn't make much sense. Anybody here who would hire JW already understood his credentials and the rest certainly aren't going to say oh look he posts on WS maybe I should hire him if I need to secure my network.

His judgement, if it is him and that is to be determined, is in question big time!

It would get your name in the court records. I would hire him if I needed to do that in a company. His coming in here last night (if he did) would not change his credentials.

IMO, the JW posts should be left to rest.

I think contacting the judge or parties would distract from the case. It isn't as if "he" declared any major evidence that would warrant revisiting.

Agreed I would not want my expert talking about the case while in progress, at a minimum, but I don't see contacting the court over this as leading to anything good.

I think contacting the judge or parties would distract from the case. It isn't as if "he" declared any major evidence that would warrant revisiting.

Agreed I would not want my expert talking about the case while in progress, at a minimum, but I don't see contacting the court over this as leading to anything good.

Agree with you completely. It won't be a good outcome most likely, and at least a major distraction.

With the clarification of the rules regarding other sites, some comments

Something interesting happened yesterday with wral.com and the GOLO postings. With everything that happened in the trial these last couple of days, the number of posts making it past the mods yesterday is just over 200 versus 600-800 that have been typical in just prior.

I post of that site now and then, rarely had a post rejected before. Probably more rejected yesterday than in all the time I had posted at the site. I realize how difficult the job of mods at GOLO, WS, and others discussing emotional topics. Also, that the number of posts jumping could be just because of trolls, drive bys, or disruptors.

At the same time, the wral.com news coverage (as opposed to the video) of the trial has generally not been on their front page since the defense began. Coverage by other local media seems to have been more consistent. The tornado coverage could account for some of the difference, but not all.

Can I ask if you think this in any way leads you to believe that, as I have come to believe, it is possible people from the defense team are reading and posting here quite often to either gauge the public's view of how the case is going or to continue to float conspiracy theories or to work out their strategy? Just asking your opinion - since conspiracy theories abound I thought I'd just go ahead and stick my toe in the pool.

Are you saying that the zoomed files were not the right image format for 2008? In 2008, was google maps using jpg, bmp, tif, png ... or did it depend on how the computer was set to interpret image files?

Google maps was (and still is I believe) using .cur format. NOT .bmp. Someone planted that file. Not only is it a .bmp format, it was STATIC. Please read my earlier summary from last night, around 9 PM or so.

Madeleine,

Yours is an excellent analysis, and points to exactly why JW was chosen for the defense. Bear with me, and let's see if I can articulate this thought:

JW the Network Security "expert" at first blush seems like a strange choice, rather than a genuine hired gun civilian Computer Forensic expert. The defense I believe postulated that they could not refute the analysis done by the FBI.

So rather than have dueling analysts, and confounding the jury completely, they devised a "red herring" to bluff the prosecution. Put on JW and hope that the prosecution bites, and tries to both discredit and suppress the defense expert.

Kurtz was smart enough to get in just enough testimony to plant the inference with the jury (or hope to) that BC's computer was tampered with. The Pros bite at it, and because they were afraid of what might be reviled.

If they called Kurtz's bluff, what would have been disclosed is a whole lot of nothing, that could not stand up to cross examination.

But the Pros blinked while playing chicken with JW, cause their case is generally weak (it is what it is), and the most compelling evidence in their hand is the computer stuff that points right at BC and only BC.

Damn if that's what Kurtz did, it is a clever and risky maneuver. He took the risk cause maybe his client is as guilty as sin.

There are games within games being played, and the jury is the audience.

I now think BC is not only guilty, but very calculating.......and stone cold

Just catching up after a busy night out. Something along these lines also occurred to me as I listened to yesterday's testimony. Whatever the case, the prosecution did seem to take the bait, and I think they could have handled the cross better. The first part of the questioning wasn't too bad, but for me things got weird when the questioning turned to FB.

The handful of witnesses that followed JW was also a strange segue, IMO. I am curious what witnesses we will hear from today.

Appreciate your thoughts. Utter lack of professionalism if the posting was the Mr. Ward. :crazy: Enough said by me in this regard.

Absolutely inappropriate for Mr. Ward to post while the trial is on-going. Mr. Ward could be called back to court and even if that isn't likely it is a possibility he could be subject to recall.

Hopefully someone here can forward this information to the prosecution, the defense and the judge. His behavior confirms he is NOT an expert at anything other than self-promotion. Disgusting!

Let the court figure out if it was indeed Mr. Ward or perhaps someone impersonating him either way this needs to be resolved.

I agree that Mr. Ward should not have posted here. It makes no difference to the trial, though ... he didn't say anything that anyone wanted to know about the case.

There is no point in stirring up trouble.

Boy, I'd hate to see the furor if JA, HP, or DD posted here during the trial. Whew, I can't even imagine how that would have went over.

Can I ask if you think this in any way leads you to believe that, as I have come to believe, it is possible people from the defense team are reading and posting here quite often to either gauge the public's view of how the case is going or to continue to float conspiracy theories or to work out their strategy? Just asking your opinion - since conspiracy theories abound I thought I'd just go ahead and stick my toe in the pool.

It is possible, but really I imagine the attorneys are so busy preparing for the next day's stuff and trying to keep the strategic plan going while dealing with tactical stuff that I doubt they'd have time.

JW likes internet stuff, and it was his first go, so maybe that's why he, if it was he, posted.

Maybe a paralegal could be looking at stuff but I can't see Kurtz having the time to spare to care about synopsis of postings. I would think he would use any spare time to get a read from courtroom observers on the jurors' reactions.

Keep in mind, the www was pretty new when I stopped doing this.

Nevertheless, we would have somebody in the courtroom if we could to watch everything, including the jury. If the jury does not trust you, and does not see you as the best guide to the truth, you are making things harder for your client's case.

So, bottom line, I think it would be hard for them to have the time. As these guys work and prepare, the office has to juggle the rest of the practice, and talk to witnesses to keep them ready to testify, and get exhibits ready, and do legal research on objections and support for evidence submission. Trials are a ton of work. Also, the defense, off the top of my head, would be ethically bound not to try to influence the trial through postings, etc.

Listen to the end of tape 4:

Kurtz asked JW, "What type of extension is on a cursor file? JW: .cur

Kurtz: "did you see what type of extension the cursor file data had from BC's computer? (this is from the 7/11 1:15 PM data). JW : Yes, it was .bmp

Kurtz: Do you know what type of cursor file was used in google maps in 2008? JW: Yes.
Kurtz: What was it? .cur

This is big! Someone tampered with his computer. I don't know if Google maps changed to bmp or when or anything but if this is true, this is proof. IF they did change to bmp files *after* '08, well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I'm reposting this because I posted it so late and I would like to hear your thoughts.

I don't for a minute believe that Kurtz is unaware of what is going on here. He may be quite busy, but I wouldn't doubt that he has someone monitoring the site. He probably gets a briefing/synopsis to judge how well he's doing to see how this might be playing out with the jurors. He may be busy & I doubt he's monitoring the site himself. I'm sure he is too busy for that.

I certainly understand your concerns. I'm not so much a "facebook user" like some people are. (I know of young people who gave up facebook for lent because it was such a sacrifice to do so.) I got a facebook page so I could "see" my adult children and my grandchildren. There are lots of pictures and little stories about what's going on in their lives. I don't think there is anything on there that would embarrass me in a court of law. :)

Exactly, there is nothing on my Facebook page that even caused me to pop in last night and check on it. I'm able to keep up with my long distance friends, some as far away as Australia, Kenya, New Zealand, etc., along with photos of my grandkids playing baseball and photos of their school activities. Oh yes, and my dog group I'm on, on Facebook. :great: The only somewhat embarrassing photo on their is one of my husband and I wearing our cheeseheads. :floorlaugh: Green Bay Packer fans. :woohoo:

I don't know about posting, but I believe both the prosecution and defense teams have people monitoring this forum.

Boy, I'd hate to see the furor if JA, HP, or DD posted here during the trial. Whew, I can't even imagine how that would have went over.

I'm not so sure they haven't. But at a minimum, I don't doubt they read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member