Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if she met somebody for a rendezvous and they drove over to that secluded area for a tryst. Something goes wrong, they fight, he kills her and dumps the body? I mean at this point I don't see that being much more out of the realm than anything else the prosecution would have us believe.

It's possible to be certain of something and still be wrong about it.

True, but this is a murder case so it would be good to have talked to her in more detail right away. But they didn't. Why???

Yes, but she was close enough to touch her. They said hi to each other. I would remember a face. She feels certain. It's hard to dismiss it. WHY didn't CPD follow up on it? That really makes the investigative team look bad, imo.

That coupled with NC's deleted blackberry files really makes CPD look bad and hurts the prosecutions case.

It's easier to believe a stranger who never met her than her friends who said she never ran alone? Even Brad said she went running with someone.

What if she met somebody for a rendezvous and they drove over to that secluded area for a tryst. Something goes wrong, they fight, he kills her and dumps the body? I mean at this point I don't see that being much more out of the realm than anything else the prosecution would have us believe.

You can "what if" with infinite possibilites. Without proof, none are viable. Proof of any "what if" including the husband are necessary.

Was the van red?

Oh wait it was white with hispanics, right? Maybe they weren't following her but rather heading to the construction site?

It was the way he described it, following slowly behind her and did a U-turn when she turned down a different road, something like that. I know it seems far-fetched but I don't believe these witnesses are planted so it does help solidify the random crime theory, imo. I hope Kurtz interviews them.

I don't believe your times are accurate. I don't have them in front of me but I know that the time he left HT from the first visit to the time he returned was approximately 17 minutes.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8020641

In court Friday, Dismukes testified about Brad's movements the morning of July 12. He Brad is known to have left a Harris Teeter grocery store around 6:30 a.m. He said phone records show Brad received a call on his cell phone from the Cooper home's landline at 6:40 a.m. Less than a minute later, Dismukes said Cooper's car can be seen on a security camera pulling back into the Harris Teeter.

I'm looking forward to computer stuff tomorrow!!! Goodnight all!

It's easier to believe a stranger who never met her than her friends who said she never ran alone? Even Brad said she went running with someone.

The defense claims he has proof she did run alone at times. I'm sure I remember that from his opening statement. We'll soon find out what all he does have.

It was the way he described it, following slowly behind her and did a U-turn when she turned down a different road, something like that. I know it seems far-fetched but I don't believe these witnesses are planted so it does help solidify the random crime theory, imo. I hope Kurtz interviews them.

I don't think they are planted but I do think that people in general want to be helpful and want to be "the one!". Sometimes I think people go overboard in trying to be helpful. I would guess that if the defense would put ALL of these witnesses on the stand, they would cancel each other out because their sightings would be in areas at the same time that would make it impossible to have all been sightings of the same person. MOO

If she told him that was the plan, isn't that what he would repeat to whoever asked? If she told him that as a cover-up for meeting somebody else, would CC know she had said used her name as cover-up?

:fence:

Yes, but she was close enough to touch her. They said hi to each other. I would remember a face. She feels certain. It's hard to dismiss it. WHY didn't CPD follow up on it? That really makes the investigative team look bad, imo.

That coupled with NC's deleted blackberry files really makes CPD look bad and hurts the prosecutions case.

I understand what you mean. I just have confidence the CPD interviewed everyone and this person was just not a lead for them. They probably got a lot of "i think i saw her jogging" calls. The defense interviewed this witness and I am sure every witness they could find and definitely concentrated on the ones that CPD didn't completely follow up on or only took a short interview/phone call from. Remember the defense is trying to prove reasonable doubt, so they will highlight these witnesses as they see fit, and especially give them lengthy interviews if they know it will help establish the reasonable doubt.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8020641

In court Friday, Dismukes testified about Brad's movements the morning of July 12. He Brad is known to have left a Harris Teeter grocery store around 6:30 a.m. He said phone records show Brad received a call on his cell phone from the Cooper home's landline at 6:40 a.m. Less than a minute later, Dismukes said Cooper's car can be seen on a security camera pulling back into the Harris Teeter.

Please don't go by news reports. I can go back to the actual HT tapes and give you the exact times between leaving the store after the first visit to returning on the second visit but I assure you that the time is 17 minutes.

If she told him that was the plan, isn't that what he would repeat to whoever asked? If she told him that as a cover-up for meeting somebody else, would CC know she had said used her name as cover-up?

:fence:

Why would he tell somebody later that she wasn't home because she was out having coffee?

I don't think they are planted but I do think that people in general want to be helpful and want to be "the one!". Sometimes I think people go overboard in trying to be helpful. I would guess that if the defense would put ALL of these witnesses on the stand, they would cancel each other out because their sightings would be in areas at the same time that would make it impossible to have all been sightings of the same person. MOO

Kurtz claims he will show the path of the run and correlate the times/locations with the witnesses who claimed to see her.

And I can't believe I'm up so late. I can't stop thinking about this case....maybe it's because my husband is also a Cisco engineer and just the fact that it's so close.

Also remember this accusation was in the opening statements by the defense, which means it hasn't been proven and there has not been any testimony. Remember the Scott Peterson trial and his big time attorney and all the smoke he blew at opening statements? He never proved any of it, I am pretty sure that he had a short defense too and just gave up.

I just got back from viewing SG's pics of the dump site.

Thanks for posting the link and to SG for taking them to begin with.

The dump location seems strange to me, why so close to the road when there were several better places so close?

It seems to me that if someone was not all that familiar with the location, but knew it existed AND it was dark they might pick something like this. If they were capable of lifting the body, they would have been able to carry it across the dam and dump it in the high brush, or behind the silt fence and it would have not been visible from the road, and would have stayed hidden longer. It was in a deeper ditch that was not visible from the road, but it was REALLY close to the road.

I think this means it was dark when the body was placed there, if it was daylight the other places would have been apparent.

Kurtz claims he will show the path of the run and correlate the times/locations with the witnesses who claimed to see her.

And I can't believe I'm up so late. I can't stop thinking about this case....maybe it's because my husband is also a Cisco engineer and just the fact that it's so close.

Kurtz has claimed a number of things that have proven to be false already, and it's early yet.

The dump location seems strange to me, why so close to the road when there were several better places so close?

It seems to me that if someone was not all that familiar with the location, but knew it existed AND it was dark they might pick something like this. If they were capable of lifting the body, they would have been able to carry it across the dam and dump it in the high brush, or behind the silt fence and it would have not been visible from the road, and would have stayed hidden longer. It was in a deeper ditch that was not visible from the road, but it was REALLY close to the road.

I think this means it was dark when the body was placed there, if it was daylight the other places would have been apparent.

Just viewed the pics myself and I totally agree with everything you said. I think it was dark and the perp wasn't familiar with the area and just dumped it and took off as soon as he could.

And if it was more than one person, they would have carried the body further. A single person may have been limited by time and physical ability.

The newly paved FIELDING DRIVE at the time of Nancy's murder, where she was dumped, was obscure as far as, all it had was the paved road as I recall. I don't remember any houses on that little spur of a street with cul de sac. Lots of us went out there right after her murder.

Coming from the main road you'd have to travel to get to her dump site, the road she was left beside had a bit of a blind curve in it, and you wouldn't have any reason to go down there yet, unless you wanted to look at a lot or scrubby woods. It was not inviting. I could only imagine lovers (kids) going out there to mess around, smoke, whatever.

If I were going to dump a body, I'd just leave my car on the pavement so as not to make tracks, but the dirt had rocks, debris, and weeds in it, not some plain, nice dirt that would make good tire tracks. I didn't look at that possibility as much as I just wanted to look around and get out of there. I was isloated.

I can even more see the body dumper driving on around the cul de sac, so as to be well hidden to oncoming cars, not that anyone would be out there at all. I'd have the car on the opposite side of the road she was dumped, and the car would be heading the direction to leave with no turning around the cul de sac.

No big decision. You just had to go there to think about it.

The thing I can't remember is whether the street lights were working then. I'm thinking yes, but not sure. Again, it's in the docs somewhere or in the WS forums that we discussed way back.

But no, at the time she was dumped, it was just paved road and woods right there. Any houses were few, and way in the distance or hidden by woods.

ETA: and if I had to quickly find a dump site for a body with no cameras, or people around, I'd head down Holly Springs Road too. If you keep going, you'd eventually come to some good spots. This guy just got lucky, I guess, unless it was planned.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. The only difference I have is that I can't picture the vehicle being on the other side of the cul de sac. I think the vehicle was driven all the way around to the drainage pond and she was carried the 15-20 feet to the dump site. There were street lights and I think they worked, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member