State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it! I observed this past Monday and found it to be an incredible experience. No nerve is required - just walk right in the courtroom and find a seat like you own the place. ;-)

I'm going at least one day next week. I think we need to come up with a "Sleuth Signal" so we can pick each other out in the courtroom! :)

Does anyone have an opinion about the voicemail that NC left for her father that was played today? I listened to it and wonder why they played it. Don't they want sympathy for the victim? I see that tape doing the opposite.

I notice the change in what he does with his hands depending on what he's talking about. Right now he has his hands clasped but he fidgets and sometimes really presses down on one thumb with the other thumb when he gets really aggitated. His voice never changes but his hands sure do.

Wait till you get to the part where he's *strangling* the pen. I just now remembered that. :maddening:

Brad is so anti-social, unaware of names etc. but within hours on his trip to France he is 'involved' with a woman. Seems pretty social to me.

Brad is a social user, or social as a means to achieve his objective. Usually being females. The names he brought up as 'friends' were people in his life for a very short period of time; once they saw his true colors and that he was otherwise void of personality, they exited quickly. I know this for a fact as someone who dated him.

You know, I'm the same with Mark Harmon. Can't stand watching him in anything since Bundy. And I saw a new Bundy movie recently, much more graphic, much more detail paid to how truly brutal Bundy was. I believe I saw it on one of the Showtime channels. The book that really got to me was The Hillside Stranglers. I actually had to stop reading that book. Even a true crime junkie like me couldn't take it. :(

The Hillside Strangers were totally insane. I haven't read the book but the documentaries I've seen about them just crawled all over me.
My first true love of all crime related topics was Charles Manson. Even after all these years he still fascinates me.

I'm going at least one day next week. I think we need to come up with a "Sleuth Signal" so we can pick each other out in the courtroom! :)

Great idea! I'll say for sure on here what day I plan to go and maybe we can get together.

Brad is a social user, or social as a means to achieve his objective. Usually being females. The names he brought up as 'friends' were people in his life for a very short period of time; once they saw his true colors and that he was otherwise void of personality, they exited quickly. I know this for a fact as someone who dated him.

Could he turn on the charm at the beginning of the relationship? So curious as to how someone so outgoing as Nancy ended up with him!!

Welcome, calgarygal!

Would you mind if I asked you a question?

As someone who used to date him, are you surprised he is sitting where he is today?

In BC's defense, I went to the same high school and I have a hard time remembering my classmates. It's like I blocked the whole place and everyone in it from my mind once I left Medicine Hat. I have my core group of school friends that I still remain in touch with but everyone else is gone, gone, gone from my memory. So, I suppose I can relate to his not remembering high school people. I couldn't say if Brad was at our 10 year reunion. I hardly remembered anyone. Haha.

Do it! I observed this past Monday and found it to be an incredible experience. No nerve is required - just walk right in the courtroom and find a seat like you own the place. ;-)
If you live in Wake County, you technically do own the place. :)

If you live in Wake County, you technically do own the place. :)

I get lost easily.
What is the address of the courtroom--if I can find that and the parking deck I'll be ok.
Didn't know you/or didn't remember that you were there.
I would really like to know what your observations of the jury were when you have an extra moment.

Hi! I haven't commented in forever, but I have been following this case closely.

Just thought I would drop in to say that it seems to me that Brad takes a sip of water (in the deposition) just after he has lied or had to answer an uncomfortable question. I watched the deposition when it was first released and made that observation. Now I am noticing it again. Anybody else notice this?

P.S. I live more than a thousand miles away and don't know any of the parties.
:twocents:

Yes! I did notice -- like you, I started noticing just a short while into my first viewing, and it continued. Bad taste in his mouth, perhaps?

Folks, La.Sandy is right -- see what you think when it comes back tomorrow.

Does anyone have an opinion about the voicemail that NC left for her father that was played today? I listened to it and wonder why they played it. Don't they want sympathy for the victim? I see that tape doing the opposite.

I'd say it was to further evidence the notion that BC was a slob, so it's out of character for him to be super-cleaning the house/car/himself around the time that NC goes missing.

You have described Brad just as I have concluded..He is lacking true social skills, only is able to establish short term relationships..His true colors as you described do get exposed....Brad has absolutely no understandings to empathy, sympathy, much less care > unless he thinks it is expected..and that care is really only show..NOT FELT.:banghead:..Man oh man..what a way to live ...Putting it litely..is a :loser:..and after what I have heard in this trial so far..he is now a murderer :maddening:

Defense will be very lucky to get a 2nd degree here..sort of like our Canadian Heat of Passion Defense..But Brad and his team wont admit to nadda..So we have to see and hear all the nasties :truce:

TY for your input:seeya:

Ear pull? V - sign? Red Hat? Black T-Shirt...Sandwich sign? LOL wish I could go to court but 800 miles is a long drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173