State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by otto
Right here. He parked his car and checked in. His hotel room was on the opposite side of where he parked ... he must be guilty, right?
Was that the assertion? No it wasn't.

But you can't say parking on the opposite side of where your room is, when there are enough parking spaces in which you would not have to do so, is 'logical.' He could have just as easily gone out the main entrance and walked around to his car since he was already at the front counter getting his USA Today, right? But he didn't. He walked down to the west exit and propped an emergency door open. And that door was found still propped open at 5:50am and the camera covering that very door had been unplugged around 11:20pm.

Hope that you are well,

I think that you are confused on this issue.

"The NYPD traced Littlejohn to that lonely corner of East New York, off the Belt Parkway, by tracing the invisible "pings" that his T-Mobile cell phone sent to the antenna-studded tower, sources said.

The big, blue tower apparently took notice that Littlejohn's cell phone was nearby, even though he wasn't making a call - and it stored that information, which was later retrieved from T-Mobile by cops

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2006-03-15/news/18327009_1_cell-phone-antenna-traced[/COLOR]

There are many, many other cases that stored pings have been used.

frank, I know you right?
Why so snarky?

"The phone company can have records of where you are whenever your phone is turned on. It's up to the phone company how long they store those records,"

Thanks for the tip!
The article is probably right...it probably does depend on the carrier and how long.
Jay was using Cingular.

What would be the point of measuring from the shoulder to the elbow and the elbow to the wrist? I wonder why this is being introduced in testimony.

Hi, Otto! - As you can see, I'm very late coming in here tonight; just flew in on the old broomstick -- and I'm probably the 46th poster to say this, but...

The camera was measured at 90" from the floor.

Jason: Floor to waist..........41"
Jason: Waist to shoulder.....30"
Jason: Shoulder to elbow....15"
Jason: Elbow to wrist.........19"
Did not measure hand..............
-------------------------------
Jason: Floor to wrist.........105"

Hmmmmm. Tippy toes not needed...

frank, I know you right?
Why so snarky?

"The phone company can have records of where you are whenever your phone is turned on. It's up to the phone company how long they store those records,"

Thanks for the tip!
The article is probably right...it probably does depend on the carrier and how long.
Jay was using Cingular.

Yes, we know each other. I have been lurking for a long time. Sorry if you thought I was snarky, just trying to give facts.

This trial is interesting this time around. I look forward to your information.

Twig story debunked! Door too heavy for the twig unless it was placed very carefully at the point of locking mechanism. Otherwise the door would close and lock.

Poof, fizzle, whimper....

Thank You Gritguy and JTF for your opinions.
I just want !this trial to go much better than the first one did and I really do NOT want JY to walk free. All of the "circumstantial evidence" points to no one else but him. Just as in the Casey Anthony Trial. My worst fear is to see the Jury doing the same thing by tossing that out and wanting the CSI type evidence

So this is my second trial that I am following, the other trial was BC. I actually work with some folks that were college and post college friends of JY although this really means nothing. I personally don't know him. I do believe he is guilty but I have not been able to follow the trial as closely as I would like. I do have some timeline and other questions if you all don't mind:

1. When did the hotel staff remove the rock from the doorway? It must have been after JY returned in the morning. Apparently the hotel does not have a sufficient security system to detect that the door is not completely closed? Hopefully they have upgraded their security/monitoring systems.

2. It has been reported that the camera was adjusted twice during that night, correct? Does this camera face the doorway? I wonder how JY adjusted the camera the second time without being detected? Have they determined the time of day that the camera was adjusted in both cases? I would think this is quite possible to get the exact timestamps from the video. Again, the security/monitoring capabilities of this hotel seem to be quite lacking.

3. It has been mentioned that MY's body had to be moved in order for the closet door to be opened. Is there a substantial amount of blood found inside that closet? JY must have been standing in her pool of blood while he moved the body in order to open the door. I am not clear on how much, if any, blood was found in the closet.

4. How is the witness at 4 Brothers (gas station) deemed more credible than the witness that saw NC running? I remember all the talk about the credibility of eye witnesses during the BC trial yet it seems that the most knowledgeable people posting on this forum seem to find her very credible. Therefore I am just curious.

5. Tire tracks observed on lawn at edge of driveway. Do these tracks match JY tires? Are these tire tracks significant to this case?

While I understand the coincidences linking JY to this murder I also think about how lucky the following did not occur:

1. Hotel staff did not find the rock in the door prior to JY returning.
2. No neighbors were awake in the early am to see JY returning home.
3. No video cameras at 4 Brothers.
4. No traces of hotel room fibers found in residence.
5. No evidence of blood found in the vehicle.
6. No witness at the hotel admitting that they saw JY return to the hotel early in the morning.

Thanks in advance.

Albert

The night clerk discovered the rock at 3:30-4 AM or 4-4:30 am (he gave both times in the first trial) after delivering papers to the hotel doors. He kicked it out and closed the door.

The camera faces the fire exit exterior door. It was unplugged at 11:20 PM and tilted at 6:35 AM. The night clerk stated that the timestamps were finnicky. The video cycled every 14 seconds between 10 cameras, still images only.

Don't know the answer about blood in the closet, but if teeth were found in the closet, then the door couldn't have been closed when she was attacked.

The gas station attendant is not more credible than the witness that saw NC running, but her testimony fits the agenda.

Don't know about the tire tracks.

The night clerk discovered the rock at 3:30-4 AM or 4-4:30 am (he gave both times in the first trial) after delivering papers to the hotel doors. He kicked it out and closed the door.

The camera faces the fire exit exterior door. It was unplugged at 11:20 PM and tilted at 6:35 AM. The night clerk stated that the timestamps were finnicky. The video cycled every 14 seconds between 10 cameras, still images only.

Don't know the answer about blood in the closet, but if teeth were found in the closet, then the door couldn't have been closed when she was attacked.

The gas station attendant is not more credible than the witness that saw NC running, but her testimony fits the agenda.

Don't know about the tire tracks.

Thanks Otto. How then did JY enter the hotel if the rock was removed and the door closed at 4:30am.

Rock was discovered in the emergency exit door at 5:50am along with an unplugged video camera at same exit. Approximately 40 min later, at 6:35am, someone again messes with the camera, moving it up to point at the ceiling.

Gas station attendant (Gracie Calhoun) ID'd JY from a photo shown by detectives 2 days after the murder. They did not tell her why they were asking if she saw that person. She relayed her story and also said she saw the vehicle the guy was driving and she ID'd that as a white SUV. A cash receipt existed which corroborated her story of what happened that morning, 11/3 at 5:27am.

Not clear where tooth (or teeth) were found. Sounded like in threshold of closet or possibly in path of closet. Or maybe one found in the closet...really don't know.

At 6am the regular glass exit door next to the gray metal emergency exit door at the Hampton Inn was unlocked, which was the policy at the time. JY, arriving back at the hotel at 6:30am, was able to walk in through that regular (glass) door without needing his key card. Because he was behind the repositioned video camera coming back into the stairway, he was able to push it up to the ceiling, without being caught on video. He walked up the stairs to his room. His room door had been tampered with in a way that prevented the lock from engaging so again he would not need to use his key card. Some kind of shim holding the locking mechanism back.

I think the prosecution is doing a better job this time. The testimony of MF, LF, and Jennifer Powers was very, very good!

I am worried about the lack of blood evidence in JY's vehicle from a juror's perspective. I just hope the jury remembers the missing clothes and the odd occurrences at the HI that night.

Hi, Otto! - As you can see, I'm very late coming in here tonight; just flew in on the old broomstick -- and I'm probably the 46th poster to say this, but...

The camera was measured at 90" from the floor.

Jason: Floor to waist..........41"
Jason: Waist to shoulder.....30"
Jason: Shoulder to elbow....15"
Jason: Elbow to wrist.........19"
Did not measure hand..............
-------------------------------
Jason: Floor to wrist.........105"

Hmmmmm. Tippy toes not needed...

Jason really measures 71" from floor to shoulder?

Thanks Otto. How then did JY enter the hotel if the rock was removed and the door closed at 4:30am.

That is unknown. There is no camera surveillance of him entering the hotel at 6:35 am, but he did have the receipt that was slipped under his hotel door in the middle of the night. There is some conflicting information about whether the side entrance to the hotel was unlocked at 6 AM. The night clerk said that the door was locked 24/7, as it's a keycard entrance. There is also testimony that the lock on the door was broken. Whether that means that the keycard reader wasn't working so the door was unlocked at 6 AM or not ... not clear on that yet. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

Rock was discovered in the emergency exit door at 5:50am along with an unplugged video camera at same exit. Approximately 40 min later, at 6:35am, someone again messes with the camera, moving it up to point at the ceiling.

Gas station attendant (Gracie Calhoun) ID'd JY from a photo shown by detectives 2 days after the murder. They did not tell her why they were asking if she saw that person. She relayed her story and also said she saw the vehicle the guy was driving and she ID'd that as a white SUV. A cash receipt existed which corroborated her story of what happened that morning, 11/3 at 5:27am.

Not clear where tooth (or teeth) were found. Sounded like in threshold of closet or possibly in path of closet. Or maybe one found in the closet...really don't know.

At 6am the regular glass exit door next to the gray metal emergency exit door was unlocked, which was the policy at the time. JY, arriving back at the hotel at 6:30am was able to walk in through that regular (glass) door without needing his key card. Because he was behind the repositioned video camera coming back into the stairway, he was able to push it up to the ceiling, without being caught on video. He walked up the stairs to his room. His room door had been tampered with in a way that prevented the lock from engaging so again he would not need to use his key card. Some kind of shim holding the locking mechanism back.

I think the camera was plugged in at 5:50 AM, but the rock was kicked out earlier when it was discovered.

Hey Guys,
I posted this last week on another board. I thought I'd pass this along here:

Since the 1st trial ended, there has not been much talk about JY here in Brevard. Now that the retrial has started, people have begun to talk again.

A couple of my coworkers (one male and one female) started discussing the retrial and wondered how it was going. I asked the male coworker if he knew JY. He said he did. He had played ball with him and they had mutual friends. He also had gone on the annual golfing trip to Myrtle Beach a few times with JY and his friends.

I asked him if he thought JY was guilty. He took a deep breath and said, "I just don't see how he could be innocent." He said that he had gone back and read all of the search warrants and watched parts of the 1st trial and just didn't think that it was possible JY didn't do it. I told him that I thought he was guilty - that there was just too much CE against him.

My coworker went on the annual golfing trip with the guys a few months after Michelle was murdered. He said that I wouldn't believe all the cops and PIs following them everywhere they went. It pissed off the other guys, and they were mostly pissed at JY for putting them in this position. I asked him if that was the time JY saw MM at Myrtle Beach, and he said yes.

I said that it was remarkable that he was having 2 affairs before Michelle was murdered, and he looked at me and said, "Two? Oh, there were a lot more than two."

I asked if any of JY's friends still believed he was innocent. He said that a couple of them did. He did say that Josh Dalton absolutely believes that Jason killed Michelle, and Josh will not have anything to do with him at all.

I asked him how he would describe JY. He said that JY was intelligent and impulsive. He would just do things that no one else would ever think of doing. He said they would be in bars and JY would do something that caused everyone to look at him. He sought attention. He said that it did not surprise him that he would get naked in front of mixed company at parties. JY didn't seem to know that boundaries existed.

He also said that JY's mom was a good lady and a great teacher, but that she indulged JY all his life. He never did anything wrong - everything he did was just looked at as humorous. I told him that I had heard that from other people, too.

That was about all of our conversation. I thought it was interesting hearing about JY from someone who knew him and had been around him and his friends. This guy and I have worked together for about 3 years, and I had no clue he even knew JY.

This door and that twig story were points of confusion and conjecture not only for the first jury but for many people. During the first trial they did not have enough photos. They are impeaching every thing JY said from his 1st trial, now that his "story" is on the record.

To me they can't emphasize these points enough! As we saw yesterday, unless facts are pounded into many people's heads several times, they simply don't remember and can't seem to retain more than what they heard 30 min before, and even then...the info gets missed, misconstrued, etc.

Sad but true, Madeleine
icon9.gif

Since they can't demonstrate a fingerprint appearing before their very eyes using the old Superglue smoke in a plexiglass box a la CSI -- wowsers, there's the killer!!!! Yay, case closed!!! -- they have to pound it in again and again and hope it stays with a couple of jurors until they start discussing things in the jury room.

One possible bonus in the PT using this repetitious drilling, is that perhaps, if they keep tearing down his words into so much dust and straw, it will goad him into going up there again. Perhaps.
icon10.gif

Tarheel, do you know if JY was working while back in Brevard?

I thought there was video showing him wearing it?

There is no video of the shirt IN his luggage. A shirt can't be proved missing from luggage if there is no proof it was ever in it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member