State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is unknown. There is no camera surveillance of him entering the hotel at 6:35 am, but he did have the receipt that was slipped under his hotel door in the middle of the night. There is some conflicting information about whether the side entrance to the hotel was unlocked at 6 AM. The night clerk said that the door was locked 24/7, as it's a keycard entrance. There is also testimony that the lock on the door was broken. Whether that means that the keycard reader wasn't working so the door was unlocked at 6 AM or not ... not clear on that yet. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

I don't see any conflict in the testimony. I think the point was that the side doors were always locked 24/7 and if the keycard reader wasn't working, the door wouldn't open at all from the outside and guests would need to use another door to enter the hotel. All the exit doors were covered with working security cameras. It was impossible for Young to re-enter the hotel after 4:30AM without being captured by one of those security video cameras.

JMO

I had to go back and check the testimony about the measurements. Galloway actually testified that Jason is 6'1" tall AND he testified that waist to shoulder is 30 inches, waist to feet is 41 inches. That's 71 inches, so according to this detective, Jason's neck and head is a total of 2 inches in height.

What else is he completely wrong about!

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10727974/#/vid10727974

This is a carbon copy strategy of the BC case that the state did not have available to them during the first trial. They are going to use JY's own testimony against him the same way BC's deposition was used against him in that trial. I fully expect them to call the head detective, and replay the testimony, stopping in spots to debunk what is being said.

That's all I've been thinking and almost dreaming about since this trial began!

Your cast of characters and script are just what we need. Call the PT, cityslick, and tell them you're ready to play!

This has absolutely GOT to happen!

Yes it is. There were 40 empty rooms.
There was more than enough parking around the front for that number...fact.

Who drives around to the far side and totes their luggage around to the front before checking in?
Right, nobody,,,unless you wanted to case that side of the building out first.

I don't know if this hotel has moved or modified the parking lot since 2006, but there are actually not very many spots near the front entrance. I count only about 20 spots that are closer to the front than the side.

I don't see any conflict in the testimony. I think the point was that the side doors were always locked 24/7 and if the keycard reader wasn't working, the door wouldn't open at all from the outside and guests would need to use another door to enter the hotel. All the exit doors were covered with working security cameras. It was impossible for Young to re-enter the hotel after 4:30AM without being captured by one of those security video cameras.

JMO

Has the PT offered an opinion on how JY re-entered the hotel?

That is a valid point.

Let me give some advice to the ladies. If a guy, married or not, meets you at 11:30pm in the lobby of Hampton Inn and says, "Do you come here often? I just rolled in from Cracker Barrel girl and you look like the dessert! I'm just going to prop this emergency door open with a twig so I can burn a quick smoke. Meet me up at room 421; that door is propped open waiting for you. The cell phone is off and I'm stocked and ready to rock!" then I suggest you pass on that one!

Just read this. Lol lol the "thanks" button wasn't enough. Lol you're hilarious:rocker:

Has the PT offered an opinion on how JY re-entered the hotel?

I haven't seen a prosecution opinion yet. It's been suggested here that the night clerk was wrong and the doors weren't locked 24/7, that Jason entered when someone else exited, that the door lock was broken so it was simply unlocked and that the door was routinely unlocked at 6 AM.

Out of curiosity, I looked at anthropometric dimensions and, as I said back on page 1, without hand length info, the data collected by officer Galloway was incomplete. Jason is 6'1". If we stretch our arm up, our elbows should be at about the top of our head. I suspect that the length from elbow to wrist taken by Galloway was an approximate length (19 inches) because the elbow to fingertip length is 21.3" for 95 percentile male (Jason is 95th percentile). His total reach envelope includes reaching up to about 85-93 inches (depending on which stats are used) so it's more likely he could barely tilt the camera with his fingers. I would like to know the height of the electrical outlet that he theoretically accessed.

http://hf.tc.faa.gov/hfds/hfds_pdfs/Ch14_Anthropometry_and_biomechanics_Oct2009.pdf
http://www.allsteeloffice.com/NR/rdonlyres/3B6AC489-FC78-4B78-895A-0A5D8A9E888A/0/ErgoHandbook.pdf

In any case, to suggest that Jason could reach 105" by adding the length of his arm to the height of his shoulder (supposedly at 71") is mumbo jumbo that aligns nicely with suggesting that a 3 allele DNA match can be used to identify one person. This is another point that strengthens the argument that investigators are determined to fit Jason into the evidence.

If any of you here fit into any of the categories mentioned in the below and you would like to post as either a 'professional' in your chosen field or a local or acquaintance of the case players, please be verified.

FWIW, you do not have to be verified, but if you do not wish to be for your own reasons, then we would like to request that you not post as a professional or if a local or acquaintance, that you not post local stories as this would be considered rumors (or gossip), and not allowed within our TOS.

TIA
fran

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession or if you would like to be verified as a local/know the case players then please do the following:

Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com

In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call

That is unknown. There is no camera surveillance of him entering the hotel at 6:35 am, but he did have the receipt that was slipped under his hotel door in the middle of the night. There is some conflicting information about whether the side entrance to the hotel was unlocked at 6 AM. The night clerk said that the door was locked 24/7, as it's a keycard entrance. There is also testimony that the lock on the door was broken. Whether that means that the keycard reader wasn't working so the door was unlocked at 6 AM or not ... not clear on that yet. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

IIRC - The night clerk did not say that the side door is locked 24/7. In fact, a sign that was on the wall by the glass door specifically states that the door is locked from 11pm to 6am. During that time a room card key is required to enter through that side door. The manager testified to this, as well as Elmer and the night clerks. The actual sign was shown at the trial as well.

The door that IS locked 24/7 from the outside is the fire exit door. That is the one that was propped open with a rock.

IMO

The night clerk discovered the rock at 3:30-4 AM or 4-4:30 am (he gave both times in the first trial) after delivering papers to the hotel doors. He kicked it out and closed the door.

The camera faces the fire exit exterior door. It was unplugged at 11:20 PM and tilted at 6:35 AM. The night clerk stated that the timestamps were finnicky. The video cycled every 14 seconds between 10 cameras, still images only.

Don't know the answer about blood in the closet, but if teeth were found in the closet, then the door couldn't have been closed when she was attacked.

The gas station attendant is not more credible than the witness that saw NC running, but her testimony fits the agenda.

Don't know about the tire tracks.

BBM

That is not necessarily the case.

My closet door does not go down flush to the floor. None of them do in my house for that matter.

I find items in my closet quite often that have rolled under the door from my cat playing with things on the floor (i.e. his small little balls or plastic twist caps from soda bottles, etc.). A tooth could easily go under my closet door and end up in the closet with the door being completely closed.

There is no video of the shirt IN his luggage. A shirt can't be proved missing from luggage if there is no proof it was ever in it.

JMO

If he was seen in hotel video wearing it on Thursday night, then Friday afternoon/evening his luggage is confiscated and that particular shirt is not there and he is not wearing it any longer, it's not found anywhere in his vehicle...where is it?

That's the question that many are wanting answered. It's a logical and common sense question.

IMO

BBM

That is not necessarily the case.

My closet door does not go down flush to the floor. None of them do in my house for that matter.

I find items in my closet quite often that have rolled under the door from my cat playing with things on the floor (i.e. his small little balls or plastic twist caps from soda bottles, etc.). A tooth could easily go under my closet door and end up in the closet with the door being completely closed.

It was a carpeted floor and I would assume that the doors and frames were a standard off-the-shelf size, so the door would probably brush against the carpet.

It was a carpeted floor and I would assume that the doors and frames were a standard off-the-shelf size, so the door would probably brush against the carpet.

My house is fully carpeted as well, including the closets.

My house is fully carpeted as well, including the closets.

It seems unlikely that Michelle's tooth went into the closet with the door closed. The door opened into the bedroom (according to the prosecution's diagrams) so the door could not have been slightly open when it happened because the struggle took place in front of the closet - which would have forced the door closed.

It seems unlikely that Michelle's tooth went into the closet with the door closed. The door opened into the bedroom (according to the prosecution's diagrams) so the door could not have been slightly open when it happened because the struggle took place in front of the closet - which would have forced the door closed.

Well,we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I know full well that a tooth could easily go underneath my closet door with it being fully closed. My door opens out into the room, my floors are fully carpeted.

If it can happen at my house, it can happen at others.

IMO

Doesn't really matter how much money was in it. I think elderly parents routinely add a child to an account just to ensure bills are paid if something happens to either or both such as illness or accident.

JMO

I disagree, it looks very shady (like most of this case looks) it was unopened, in the garage in the recycle bin. Bank account opened just days before the murder, and obviously opened on the sly. Couple that with a $17,000 check in his drawer. I'd think JY was trying to keep Michelle in the dark about that account, and his mothers name was on the account so he could have that money to himself, and Michelle wouldn't be able to touch it. He was a liar, manipulator, cheater, snakey loss of a husband, why all of a sudden would he be doing anything for a good or wholesome reason ?

I believe CY may have been on the last trial witness list too.

I don't know what she could testify to, as she seems to love her Dad very much from all the photos I have seen of them, and she can't be expected to remember anything from 5+years ago.

She looks just like her Daddy too.

JMO

HUH ? :what: Cassidy looks just like who's daddy ? Jason ? :notgood: That's just plain mean, Jason looks like Freddie on Nightmare on Elm St. Cassidy is a doll, obviously she gets her looks from Michelle's side of the family, have yet to see anybody good looking on JY's side ! :seeya:

Wasn't that tooth fragment found by Kim Young, after the house had been released by the cops ? Who knows how that tooth fragment got in JY's closet, and frankly who cares. Any number of people had been in there by the time Kim Young (jasons sister) found it ! A struggle took place in front of the closet ? By the time Michelle landed on the floor in front of the closet I think she was either already dead or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862